At the Baby Center

by W.F. Price on July 6, 2014

I’ve been in and out of the local childbirth center over the last 24 hours, and like most dads I am above all hopeful that everything will turn out alright.

It’s a nice little hospital with lots of young first-timer parents and a few veterans like me. I love seeing the young fathers, despite the danger fatherhood poses to young men today. It gives me hope for the future of my people, and knowing that there are still plenty of young men going through with it is reassuring. Maybe I’m a little partial to the American fathers, but I don’t think it’s a sin to feel that way. I do what I can to offer some reassurance to the young men and their wives, and make funny-but-true jokes about parenthood to both set them at ease and give them a bit of an idea of what it’s like.

Millennials sometimes get a bad rap, but these young men and women are really no different from the generations that came before. I guess I’ll just say that I really like them — the kids are alright.

However, what might interest readers is some of the godawful literature in the waiting room. I picked up a couple pamphlets on how to call the authorities on your babydaddy. First, the “voluntary” paternity test. Sure, it’s voluntary — for the mother. All you have to do is fill out a little form naming who you think the father might be, and turn it in to DSHS. The messy part that comes later isn’t spelled out, but I imagine it involves a court summons and a court ordered blood test to anyone who gets named.

Now, in a fair society where men knew where they stood and had some reproductive rights, this might not be such a terrible thing, but right next to these pamphlets is a poster saying that women are free to anonymously dump their babies at the hospital, no questions asked. The caption read “we don’t judge” or something like that. Of course, that doesn’t apply to reluctant fathers.

Next, there was a domestic violence pamphlet. This one followed feminist dogma to the letter. Domestic violence is apparently about “power and control.” Abuse includes so-called “emotional abuse,” and according to the pamphlet it’s all illegal. This is obviously untrue; if emotional abuse were really illegal millions of women would be in jail.

So what I see at the birth center is pure, hopeful nice young parents and parents to be, and then a bunch of feminist pamphlets littering the place. It’s like dogshit in a cathedral.

Maybe I’m naïve, but I see family as sacrosanct, and I think allowing these feminists to intrude upon it right where it starts is a gross violation that calls out for punishment. The many women working at the birth center are competent, well-meaning and conscientious. I don’t blame them at all. But some higher-ups in the hospital and Washington state’s government decided to dump their trash right there — right where hopeful parents-to-be are about to experience a trasformative experience that may well be the most important step in their lives.

Brian July 6, 2014 at 03:48

“We have to do figure out how to deal with these people. They’re a problem crying out for a solution.”

Leftists such as feminists have held political power for a long time and still do. It’s nigh impossible to get rid of them directly. There is simply no coalition of voting blocs that could arise to oppose feminism, perverse family law, and injustice against men in general. All of these things have already been institutionalized. Furthermore, people generally do not sympathize with men. They usually consider them useful cogs at best and expendable at worst.

I think about the best we can do now is to maintain our morals, educate ourselves and others about the realities of our time (of which The Spearhead has done an incredible job), and exercise good sense. Don’t let evil ideology subvert you and try not to let it subvert others as well.

geographybeefinalisthimself July 6, 2014 at 04:33

“Maybe I’m naïve,…”

Judging from most of this post, I would say that you are in fact naïve, and I’m not trying to be offensive. If it makes you feel any better, I’m cynical, although how can anyone blame me?

tom47 July 6, 2014 at 05:34

W e could try leaving our own literature.

Uncle Elmer July 6, 2014 at 06:36

When I take my wife to the doctor we go through this routine of collecting her vital statistics every damn time, as if they just throw them out after she leaves. The nurse always asks her a series of questions about does she feel safe in her house, is she being abused, etc etc etc.

The reason feminists are in such a rage over the “MRAs” is that they pose a threat, however small, to their hegemony of the funding stream. Which is why they always say that feminism and gender studies has male rights covered therefor no need for men to form their own advocacy groups or academic studies.

Thos. July 6, 2014 at 09:11

>Maybe I’m naïve, but I see family as sacrosanct

You can always spot the people whose families haven’t been blessed with alcoholism or mental illness. Yes, I’m jealous.

PA July 6, 2014 at 09:34

dogshit in a cathedral

Once you pay attention, you see it everywhere. Ubiquitous reminders of subjugation, or “ritualized humiliations” as Heartiste calls them, are the historic norm in the life for a conquered people. Liberty means that the public space is yours.

On my first maternity hospital visit, I saw pamphlets titled “Breastfeeding for African-American Women.” I resisted faux-innocently asking the nurses if they have similar pamphlets for “European-American Women.”

Also, in our LDR recovery room, there was a domestic violence poster inside the private bathroom door, presumably so that the woman could safely read it. Its list of “does your partner do this to you” items ranged from “kick you” to normal things husbands/boyfriends do like “does not let you wear what you want.”

BatCountry July 6, 2014 at 10:18

Well you could just take all the forms and dump them in the trash. It works at the post office with those” men only” Selective Service forms. So I’ve been told.

Frank Gabardino July 6, 2014 at 12:37

“Maybe I’m naïve, but I see family as sacrosanct, and I think allowing these feminists to intrude upon it right where it starts is a gross violation that calls out for punishment.”

Yes, but the barbarians have already overrun the cathedral. Your sentiment is fair, but irrelevant.

King Alfred July 6, 2014 at 13:23

Good luck, I hope everything goes well with the delivery. My wife and I experienced the birth of our first child two and a half months ago. We were somewhat appalled by the literature and the questions asked by medical personnel, but I can’t say I was at all surprised, having been to several of the appointments along the way and having a health provider organization that is very keen on social engineering. Unfortunately, the anti-male bias is so deeply entrenched in our society and has been institutionalized to such an extent that I do not see any hope of correcting it through existing channels. I believe the approach you called “cultural secession” is the only hope we have now.

John Gilbert July 6, 2014 at 14:01

It’s a scary thought that our society is nearly to the point where permission needs to be obtained for a hetrosexual Caucasian couple who wants to get married and have any intention of having kids. The authorities would determine if the parents are suitable for inculcating their kids with the “right” progressive ideas. Permission would be denied to any but those with these capabilities. If anyone has children outside of what is deemed appropriate by law, the children would be forceably taken away and put up in politically correct same sex foster homes until adopted by appropriate same sex childless couples.

Uncle Elmer July 6, 2014 at 14:54
Uncle Elmer July 6, 2014 at 15:02

“Now, good luck finding new children’s book’s that don’t pair a white girl with a brown or black boy, or that don’t reverse traditional gender roles in the story (such as the adventurous female character coming to the rescue of the timid male character)”

Everything in our culture now comes with a teachable moment, thanks to unlimited stock photographs and willing cadres of left-wing graphic artists. Having been trained in our fine academic institutions, they need no directives from a central authority to inflict their diversity lessons on the populace. It’s graphic art capability run amok. Your kid’s physics text will likely feature a wheelchair-bound pregnant woman-of-color “base” jumping off a bridge, or some other visual atrocity.

The Brass Cat July 6, 2014 at 15:47

ACTUAL COLLEGE MATERIAL FOR STUDENTS:

A 32-year-old, Caucasian multipara, Jennifer Dorchester, comes into labor and delivery in early stages of labor. Her husband, Brandon, and her mother, Deborah, are present. Labor is progressing smoothly, but slowly. The three have an easy communication style. There is warmth and comfort between them. The husband is helpful and communicates easily with his mother-in-law, as well as his wife. The admitting nurse tells you in report that she hasn’t had a chance to do the domestic violence screening “because I cannot get this woman alone. I don’t think there is any risk though, her husband is such a sweetie and they all get along great.”

In one progress note the CNM noted that client came back to the office visibly upset after taking a phone call from her husband and reported she needed to get home. The CNM documented that the client did not want to elaborate on her feelings.

Later on in your shift, once Brandon and her mother are not in the room, you introduce domestic violence screening with the following framing statement: “We at General Hospital are concerned about the violence that is affecting the health of many of our patients, so we routinely ask the following confidential questions.”
-”Have you ever been hit, kicked, slapped, choked, forced to have sex, or otherwise hurt or mistreated by someone important to you?”
-The client responds by saying, “I’m not being hurt.”
-Nurse: “Do you feel afraid or threatened by your spouse, partner, or someone else close to you?”
-Client: “No, not at all. I was married before when I was very young and HE was kind of like that. Plus, I grew up with a physically abusive father, I know the difference. I mean we fight just like most couples fight.”

5. Is this patient at risk?
6. What opportunities exist in this scenario?

——————————————————–

Emotional abuse! Better call the social worker.

TFH July 6, 2014 at 16:32

Bill,

Good to know that things are going well through the delivery process.

As far as the misandric literature, maybe you can just discreetly and sneakily take the literature when no one is looking, tear it in half, and toss it in the trash can in another part of the hospital.

Sure, they will replace it, but at least that costs them some money and hassle. Even better, the rabid among them will go apeshit and double down, and thus go a bit too far and sow the seeds of eventual backlash.

shiva1008 July 6, 2014 at 20:49

> Millennials sometimes get a bad rap, but these young men and women are really no different from the generations that came before.

Really? Then why aren’t they protesting the progessive regime but rather advancing it? My generation protested against the status quo. Gen Y embraces it as if sick American culture is normal.

I’ve worked and gone to school with Millenials and they are devoid of any human value. They don’t think. They are conformist to the extreme, non-thinking, and utterly materialistic herd creatures. Your superficial interactions with Gen Y don’t qualify you to offer any sort of analysis of them. Of course they’re going to come across as genial in small doses. THEY’RE SOCIAL ROBOTS, DUH!! Try attending college now and see how they treat you. They’ll ignore you, and to the extent that you do interact with them or threaten their social standing, they’ll use feminine subterfuge to try to undermine you.

medieval knight July 7, 2014 at 08:57

You are having a good time with your son (as you should) so I will cut some slack…but…there are NO redeeming qualities in the current generation of urban raised parasites…and the literature you saw is open fascist evil……

There is an answer to all this…and it will come…..but it will not come by a political/ideological methodology. It will come by the usual way……and it might be coming a lot faster that most sheep realize…

Charles Martel July 7, 2014 at 15:56

Excellent metaphor, Bill. I lol’ed at that.

Tam the Bam July 9, 2014 at 06:26

Uh oh, I suspect that’s your card well and truly marked by the SJW Argos now Bill.
“I think allowing these feminists to intrude upon it right where it starts is a gross violation that calls out for punishment.”
and
“We have to do figure out how to deal with these people. They’re a problem crying out for a solution. “
Will be edited (and re-edited), taken and run with. To cash-hungry shitheads like the SPLC most likely.
And frauds like Chewbacca Watson or Oldfailure Benson will screenshot it to fuck for their Powerpoint rallies.
“Ermagerd, an actual death threat from actual “MRAs” to pwecious Meeeeeeeeee-ee-ee-!1!!11. Pure gold! Ka-ching!”

I mean, what the fuck else do they do with their pointless lazy lives, other than trawl the web for “evidence” of “misogyny” and fart it all over Twitter?

W.F. Price July 10, 2014 at 16:29

[...]

-Tam the Bam

I hope they do go with it. But I don’t think they can milk this for much money, so I doubt they will.

Sure, they’ve gone after other broke guys before, but it was because it was an issue that excited wealthy donors. Somehow, I just don’t see guys who are upset about unfair family law being a group that rich men are all that motivated about putting down.

If the SPLC wants to expend political capital on me, I’m perfectly OK with that. I welcome it, and am trying in my own way to get them and similar outfits to do so. It will at least give me an opportunity to push the issue of poor men being thrown in jail and all but enslaved because they became fathers. That the SPLC has never addressed this enormous injustice is a serious indictment against a group that purports to defend poor Southerners. Let them defend their inaction in the face of the destruction of the family and concept of fatherhood in the South. It’s inexcusable, and they know it.

gender foreigner July 15, 2014 at 22:01

“The many women working at the birth center are competent, well-meaning and conscientious. I don’t blame them at all. But some higher-ups in the hospital and Washington state’s government decided to dump their trash right there…”

As per the above, I went to a women’s government hospital in women’s Canada four years ago with a fellow MRA and toured the open-house building. Of course, there were several women-only program in the claimed inclusive hospital.

I decided to go to the top floor where there was a women’-only office for senior citizens. I complained to one of the women being paid for being there and she responded saying that it didn’t matter that they excluded concern for men as, “Most men are dead by that age anyway.”

I objected stating that a life of being neglected and put-asunder by women’s governments and more created the life gap which women enjoy at men’s expense. Her attitude was causal to the fact situation of misandry made good.

After that, I left the hospital quickly as I was afraid the women would call the guards onto me.

The women at the top, bottom and in between ARE GUILTY f the hate they administer against men, boys and male babies. I had another conversation with a woman who was a teacher. She was complete BS of the heart, mind and soul, also….

The women are GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY…..

gender foreigner July 15, 2014 at 22:07

Addendum to gender foreigner July 15, 2014 at 22:01:

I was at a women’s government-funded clinic of the women’s government medidontcare system and the women in the office (all women, of course) had a calendar with photos of scantily clad firemen displayed in the reception area (objectifying the men and making the environment misandric). I was at another women’s-government-funded medidontcare office where there was a poster for girls (excluding boys) for getting a HPV shot (HPV causes canern of the penis).

Same old gender crimes, premeditated medical criminal negligence causing death…