Tricia Romano Pouts in Response to “Trolls”

by W.F. Price on June 19, 2014

When I wrote about Tricia Romano’s Salon piece, I wasn’t all that hard on her. Sure, she gave her piece a nasty title, trashed an entire class of men and exhibited an outsized sense of entitlement, but as far as I know she’s never actually screwed a guy over personally. I try to save the heavy artillery for those types.

Nevertheless, she was hit pretty hard in comments, and took it very personally. She also objected to being called “middle-aged” and not someone who stands out from the crowd, although both are objectively true, and not really insults. Her retort to me personally was to imply that I am sexually unappealing because I’m a “deadbeat dad” (nice try, Trish, but no cigar — you don’t end up owing child support because you can’t get laid, dummy).

Here are the things I learned about “myself” from some of my commenters:

I am a whore and a slut.

I’m ugly and I look like a Jersey girl. (This is half-true. My family is from Jersey.)

I’m old.

I’m middle-aged (which somehow seems worse than merely being old). And, I “don’t exactly stand out from the crowd.” (This same writer also admitted to being a deadbeat dad. So, you know.)

But even though I’m dumb, ugly, and old, a totally over-the-hill Jersey girl, I’ve managed to get laid so much that my vagina is a loose gash.

I should just buy some sex toys and be done with it.

I probably have a height requirement on my profile. (Dude, I’m four-foot-eleven.)

I’m entitled.

[etc.]

What she’s really demonstrating here with her butthurt sniffling and pouting is that she can dish it out but she can’t take it. Oh, it’s all well and good when you slam techies, call them unattractive dweebs and blame them for women’s dissatisfaction, but when someone turns it around and takes a shot at Tricia it’s so mean that it’s “trolling.” There oughtta be a law or something…

I’ve taken a lot of shots in life, and some of them took a hell of a toll. I’ll probably never fully recover from some. So now, when I see someone calling me names or insulting me online, it’s really so trivial that it hardly matters. How could it possibly compare to being menaced by men in uniform with assault rifles and legally raped in court? But for these female writers, it’s a horrible violation. Something they cannot bear.

What outdated Victorian nonsense! I thought they were all tough riot grrrls here — especially in Seattle.

So along with my previous bit of advice to Tricia that she stop acting like an adolescent girl, I’ll add something else:

If you don’t want people to attack you personally, don’t personally attack an entire class of people. Because if you do, you’d better be prepared for them to bite back.

If you can’t take the heat, you know…

Jeremy June 19, 2014 at 12:57

If you’re 40 and you’re single, go away. You had your fun, your years of tremendous female power to attract men is gone. I hope you started a family, because that was the one shot you had.

Good luck improving your romantic life post-50, and while you’re at it, what are the odds of winning the mega millions these days?

geographybeefinalisthimself June 19, 2014 at 13:31

She probably DOES have a height requirement on her profile.

Female little people (not as Leona Helmsley defined them for taxation purposes) aren’t necessarily going to fuck male little people, and I would imagine a 4’11″ woman will ditch a 5’3″ man for a 6’3″ man who has all the other variables as close to identical as possible at the earliest possible opportunity. I would be very surprised by a 4’11″ woman being willing to date a 4’5″ man and even more surprised by any woman who exclusively dates men six or more inches shorter than herself.

Opus June 19, 2014 at 13:50

I see I was rather cruel. I marked Tricia Romano (Spinster) at 5.77 which is of course somewhat less than a perfect 10.00 – that does not mean that I would not be happy to enjoy sex with her – and party photos with everyone having too much to drink and what with the flash does tend to make people look worse than they are in real life.

The trouble with wanting a better sex life is that (for a woman) as one grows older the harder it gets to get the guy you really really want. Plenty of guys will shag you – as I indicated above – but that is all they will do, and after all, the point of all that hot sex with strangers does become a wee bit predictable and dull (so I am told).

I see that book being launched at the 2007 party – the one about the bitchy female Judge and her law clerks – has not quite set either the legal or literary world alight, as it is – in its paperback version – presently at 1,458,067 in the Amazon chart. Back to the writing board – and another party I would suggest.

Alex June 19, 2014 at 13:54

What? A middle-aged, broke down & tattooed, white woman is indignant? Is outraged? Is being victimized online by brutal men? Get out of here!

Drama is their life’s blood, and the older and dumpier looking they get, the more insane they become. Expect this one to run around naked in the streets a few years from now, screaming at the top of her lungs against the evil patriarchy that ruined her life, screaming, “Where have the good men gone??!!!”

Uncle Elmer June 19, 2014 at 13:56

Frankly I am skeptical of the alleged rape and death threats from “trolls” these authoresses claim to have endured.

The Brass Cat June 19, 2014 at 14:12

@geographybeefinalisthimself

Height is an interesting phenomenon. Men want shorter women and women want taller men, and this sexual selection has resulted in men being taller and women being shorter, on average. The tragic part is the coupling of a tall man and short woman (the sexual selection ideal situation) results in offspring of middling height.

What’s more interesting is that 1st world people are getting taller overall. I suspect women put much more importance on height than do men, thus there is a push toward increased average height of offspring in societies in which marriage and childbearing are disconnected (sexual free market… top 20% of men siring 80% of the offspring).

The Querl Xoralundra June 19, 2014 at 14:30

I know I don’t look my age; one twenty-something recently professed disbelief when I told him my age. (I thanked him profusely by hugging him with my vagina, later.)

While I doubt any rape or death threats, perhaps the comments did go a little too far. On the other hand, sometimes she just makes it too easy.

For all her bravado, she says this sort of thing. I feel sorry for her.

The Brass Cat June 19, 2014 at 14:40

TRIGGER WARNING: rape, toilet seats

As for this Price fellow…

How could you possibly understand the deep, deep, depths of this dear lady’s post-baby rabies psychosis? How could you dare to stoop so low as to attack this utterly helpless frail waif of a woman? Surely you will pay for your transgressions by the searing pain of a hundred harpies devouring your innards. Until then, for the sake of all womyn of the sisterhood, I hope you can keep the beast in chains. Because we’ve seen your beast and it leaves the toilet seat up.

And you should consider yourself lucky to have been financially raped. It taught you about unhaaaaappiness, and rape, which has been scientifically proven to be THE single most important issue of all of history.

Norm June 19, 2014 at 17:36

The power of femizizas is slowly waining, but not without wanting to give up their ill gotten “gains”. I guess she won’t have B.O. and Hitlery to protect her in the future.

Torgo June 19, 2014 at 19:17

“If you can’t take the heat, you know…”
—————————————————–

Agreed. Someone can’t take the heat and needs to go back to the kitchen…to cook dinner for only herself with neither a committed husband nor a family to share with!

GS Jockey June 19, 2014 at 20:40

If she cooks some fresh salmon she can share it with her cat…

GSJockey June 19, 2014 at 20:41

If she cooked some fresh salmon she could share it with her cat…

BoomersGreatestGen® June 19, 2014 at 22:08

Price, would you keep your gf on a short leash, she’s at it again.

I think that it’s time for another “beauty contest”

The error that men make is that they get pulled into “debates” with insane feminists and just plain women. Females can’t stand being ignored by men and will try to pull you into their web where you go round and round in some pointless argument that never ends. What they can’t stand is being dismissed(this is what men did in the past with irrational females) or some comparison with another female based on looks. I happened to read something by that other female recently (not Marcotte) and that’s still one of her many gripes. I guess they never forget lol

So the way to get to these girls and watch the cuckoos pop out of their heads is not to argue with them (it’s pointless anyway) but to dismiss them as being boring, harp on their looks and how they measure up, refer to them as barren spinsters,and just plain dismiss them after they’re written a long comment that doesn’t even make any logical sense with ‘that’s bullshit” and do nothing more. This is what gets to them.
I’ve written comments that I thought would be banned but nothing happened. But when I just wrote something like ‘you’re just a boring feminist. Banned
Or when I mocked an older female, judging from her pic,
‘Looks like feminist granny got herself a computer’ Banned

Never argue with these dingbats, just a short and sweet hit. It drives them crazy.

OK, now another beauty contest, perhaps make it a 3 contestant one :o )

BoomersGreatestGen® June 19, 2014 at 22:20

Looks like Valenti is going over the edge now about some shampoo company lol

greyghost June 19, 2014 at 23:18

Welmer I did like the beauty pageants I also think the contestants like them too.

Maaldweb June 20, 2014 at 01:40

The Querl Xoralundra wrote:

“…. I feel sorry for her.”

You are feeling sorry for a creature who would ruin your life if she could just because you might have said something she found slightly ‘offensive’. It borders the Stockholm Syndrome.

Her asking for quality boyfriends while being old. ridden with tattoos and with such a repulsive personality is the equivalent of a 45 year old broken man asking why 20 year old cheerleaders aren’t throwing themselves at him.

and by the way, ‘rape threats’…really? Who on earth would want to rape an ugly tattooed midget ?

Shlomo Shunn June 20, 2014 at 02:21

The overall sense I get is that she was shocked that men didn’t laugh at her smarmy put-downs of tech males. I’m sure all teh wimminz just laughed and laughed, unused to the MRM.

However, safe again among her fellow sexist misandrists, she can tell her war story. And bluster about about how getting her arse kicked didn’t really affect her.

Another man-hating, self-deluded, leftist, feminist, Village Voice alum douche-nozzle.

Andrew S. June 20, 2014 at 05:39

Off topic, but have you seen the photo of the good looking criminal with his mug shot that women are going ape shit over on Facebook and over the internet? Bad boy with model looks? Every 5 and 6, and even some attractive women are professing their undying love for this guy. The guy is mixed and exotic looking so not surprised the majority of the comments are from white women in western countries that are having on-line orgasms. Not surprised either that the only women that are critical of these women going crazy over this guy are black women.

Would someone please tell Stromfront, and all the Neo-Nazi and conservative idiots out there that our women are certainly not to be worshiped and that they are the most disloyal, shit testing, throw you under the bus women in existence. Also I should add that I didn’t see one comment from any Asian women about how “hot, sexy, etc” this guy was. Not trying to make this to much of a race a thing but get real white man. You want any chance at happiness go Asian.

Andrew S. June 20, 2014 at 05:42

Also, I should have said that if any white guys out there want any chance of happiness when it comes to a woman Asian is the way to go. Obviously a woman isn’t the only way to become happy.

Uncle Elmer June 20, 2014 at 07:45

This is an Elmer Mini-Post, you can move up to headline status if you like. Link in a few “minority girls coding” stock photos :

Amidst a growing debate over gender inequality in the tech industry, Google Inc. has come under scrutiny recently over its predominantly white male workforce.

On Thursday, it launched a $50 million initiative to teach young girls how to code.

The initiative should be titled Start Your Own Coding BootCamp for Girls and Make Big Money.

The gender disparity is a dire issue for all tech companies…and in order for Silicon Valley to survive and thrive, it must be able to recruit more engineering talent from the other 50% of the population.

A phony crisis. Government mandates for gender quotas have created a false labor demand for female coders at all levels.

Entrepreneurs are in a mad dash to establish shake-and-bake ladie’s coding academies and to foist crappy coding education materials on schools. Politicians are spouting “we must get girls coding” memes in their re-election commercials. I was taking a whiz at the coffeshop and there was a coding academy ad above the urinal “Tech Companies Need Coders. Learn to Code in 12 Weeks”.

There is not one damn thing preventing girls from learning to code.

The hucksters feeding off this scam are selling the false notion that if you learn to code, someone will hand you a high-pay career job in a nice office where you get “coding” assignments to process.

Stuffing the pipeline with half-interested entitlement-minded female coders will depress wages for women who were drawn to the industry by their own natural talents. Womyn in Tech are the worst thing for women who actually work in tech.

But that’s what’s really behind this craze : attempts by well-known social media giants to suppress industry wages through a cynical blend of diversity compliance and age discrimination. For their are plenty of older technical workers that are being deliberately being shut out of the job market who could well fill the alleged engineering talent crisis these hucksters claiming exists.

For women like Patricia Romano though, an influx of young female coders should alleviate her nerdmale dilemma.

Uncle Elmer June 20, 2014 at 08:24

Notice how Chelsea Clinton is the frontwoman for the Google PR shakedown. Portends things to come in the up coming presidential election show.

greyghost June 20, 2014 at 08:31

Elmer
Somebody should give Putin a call and see if he would like a technology center full of displaced coders. The Russians have an Oligarchy that is super rich. I think they would love to add that to the wealth .

Grant June 20, 2014 at 09:10

“Somebody should give Putin a call and see if he would like a technology center full of displaced coders.”

I can think of no greater irony than that the United States of the 21st century should drive their best and brightest minds into the hands of their enemies. One reason why America became so dominant in the 20th century was by welcoming the best and brightest who had been driven out of their countries.

TFH June 20, 2014 at 09:34

I am soooooo glad when the object of an androsphere expose’ responds by doubling down on every caricature.

That is great, as I usually wonder whether some of them ever see what was written about them. By confirm that she saw it, that is the best result of all.

Next up : ‘The Streisand Effect’.

TFH June 20, 2014 at 09:37

Funny how the ‘deadbeat’ dad has managed to remarry (younger, of course, which also should be a clue to Tricia Romano) and now has another kid on the way (and hopefully one after that too).

Regarding Tricia Romano, remember that whenever anyone makes a vastly off-base accusation, it is usually projection on the part of the accuser. The human brain processes traits that one does not like about oneself into an accusation onto others.

TFH June 20, 2014 at 09:40

Actually, the articles at Dalrock’s and PM/AFTs were harsher on Tricia Romano than the article at The Spearhead.

Perhaps she hasn’t seen those articles yet (especially since both Dalrock and PM/AFT are anonymous)….

Heh heh heh heh

TFH June 20, 2014 at 09:46

Opus,

Once again, the England scale tacks a generous 1.5 to 2 points onto the California scale.

Tricia Romano : 4

Those California blondes in the Rodgers article : 8s

Charles Martel June 20, 2014 at 10:30

Uncle Elmer

While my first impulse is to laff, we are looking at the future.

Technology and manufacturing productivity have brought us to a point where there just isn’t enough real work to go around. One outcome of this is the emergence of a completely new demographic segment – call it the patronage class if you will.

The majority of Americans are very likely already in one of two government-dependent groups, the welfare class and the patronage class. The welfare class lives on direct government wealth transfers and the patronage class does the same, but under the camouflage of performing some kind of makework.

In fact, we have an emerging new social hierarchy – the elite, the welfare class and the patronage class, all of whom devour the wealth created by the productive class.

If you want to know where you sit, imagine how it would go for you if all Federal Government functions and funds flows ceased tomorrow.

TFH June 20, 2014 at 11:25

The people most dependent on government (mostly women) are also the ones least capable of imagining what things would be like for them, if the huge subsidies stopped…

Even in the ‘crony class’, the men making big money through crony connections are still going to see their wife spending most of that money.

greyghost June 20, 2014 at 11:27

I commented on her pout over at salon.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 20, 2014 at 13:02

@TFH
Go see an eye doctor and get some glasses. Romano is like a 1-2, a 4’11″ ageing troll with a body like Lena Dunham. I happened to watch that show of Dunham’s on the Net. It was so boring that I wasn’t paying attention and then looked up at the monitor and saw what looked like a ageing man’s body complete with manboobs until I realised it was Dunham naked. Body like a sack of potatoes and manboobs that’s what she looks like.
Rodger’s girls are not 8′s. You must have some pretty low standards if you think they are.

kuis June 20, 2014 at 14:05

You pulled her card Price and she can’t take it. Her hamster must be seriously exhausted at this point. Where does she find the stamina?

It’s always the same old story. Women can say whatever the fuck they want about men, no matter how negative, yet when a man points out a few simple truths or expresses a dating preference(etc) he is labelled a ‘sexist’ or ‘misogynist’.

I really get tired of hearing woman’s bullshit double standards all the time. They have a limited window to make their choice and most of them end up screwing it and then blame men for their inability to meaningfully screen candidates. Those of us who don’t measure up are then expected to pick up the tab later in life for these women and are told to ‘man up’ if we don’t. It’s a complete joke.

Romano types don’t even exist to me as potential romantic partners. I am not risking my assets and good reputation for a post-wall woman. There is nothing in it for me or any other man with options for that matter. I refuse to be any woman’s ‘fallback’. Now in my mid 30′s I have more options than ever and I don’t see why I should bother with the Romano’s of this world.

Women have forever treated dating like a caste system and i think it’s time for us men to do the same.

keyster June 20, 2014 at 15:15

Interesting: Defense of MRA from “conservative” feminist.

Tam the Bam June 20, 2014 at 16:05

Just to die for. The Entitlement.
Trish: “weaklings sitting anonymously behind a computer screen; they are people who’ve hijacked a writer’s platform, thinking it should be theirs”

Indeed, how very dare they?
Don’t they know the whole of the interwebs was devised so silly hacks can pontificate on that of which they know almost nothing, and chatter with each other all day and night? Oh, and pictures of cats, of course.

Trish : “I’d worked for years as a nightlife columnist for the Village Voice in the 2000s.”
Poor ole Trish. A veritable Balzac, dragged down by hoi polloi. If’n it wasn’t for us illiterate n00bs crudding up tha intertubes, I doubt her empty-headed clickbait would have any readers at all.

Hope she gets paid for that guff, otherwise it would just be sad.

TFH June 20, 2014 at 17:16

The degree to which Boomer/Avenger is desperate for attention from two people : Charles Martel and TFH (me), is more than a little gay.

Boomer/Avenger is a lonely, pathetic soul.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 20, 2014 at 22:27

You’re funny and obviously in need of attention, I did say something to Opus a few days ago.
OK go dye your hair and get ready to practise your pua technique this weekend.

Judo-chop June 21, 2014 at 04:56

Notice this moth-eaten American tattooed skank is so vapid she can only draw on some character from some television show to rationalise why these horrible things are happening to her.

So let’s see, she’s a short, nasty feminist who is past her prime, can’t get a guy children and she’s blaming techies for not being able to get a date? And she’s boring as all hell, not to mention she probably says ‘like’ every third word. And those tattoos? ugh. no thanks.

Tam the Bam June 21, 2014 at 06:13

“I mean, I call Romano a 4, Opus calls her a 5.77. So he should attack Opus first, should he not? Yet he objects only to my rating of 4 as being too high, not Opus’ higher rating of 5.77.”
OIC. The HB ratings are actually hit points, like in Pokemon.

My silly. I’d always understood them to be a subjective but generally-agreed-by-thrashing-out hierarchy of yummitude among the male observers present. Observers I say, because a photo is near as bad as beer-goggles for presenting a false bill of goods.
Exactly the same as with horses, I’ve found (rather expensively). Unless you can see them walking in the paddock, particularly from the kicking end, and how they carry their head, keep your shillings in your sporran.

tldr; unless you’re close enough to smell ‘em and hear them whinny, your market is hamstrung by imperfect information. Then there’s the awkward part with the teeth, if you’re taking them home..

BoomersGreatestGen® June 21, 2014 at 15:52

@Tam
Those other factors would, if bad, just take points from her, not add any on.I’ve owned a race horse and just looking at a horse you can pretty much tell its quality and whether it’s defective without even seeing its gait. You don’t see these defective horses at the track and you’re largely looking at the horses paraded before the race that are all very equal.Romano isn’t even in the running.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 21, 2014 at 20:39

Uncle Elmer June 20, 2014 at 08:24

Notice how Chelsea Clinton is the frontwoman …………

What I’d like to know is how she was able to collect a salary of $600,000 from some News show.
Of course I know the answer. All of this is just payback and a way of giving money where it won’t be suspect or violate and law. These speaking tours and book deals are the same.You can’t just hand Bill a lot of money while he’s in office because it may be illegal and wouldn’t look good, so when he’s out he goes on a speaking tour and he gets it that way. Same thing with the book deal and getting these very large advances.They either buy up Hilary’s book themselves or if it doesn’t sell she still keeps the advance.
Even really competent writers have a hard time living just by writing alone. I once asked Gore Videl (this was in the 80′s) a few questions about how many books sold it takes to get on the best seller list and a few other things like how many writers can survive just by writing without another job. Now, I don’t know if this is correct but he said that there are 1k writers in the world who live just on their writing.And remember that there are only a small group at the top who make the big money and the rest may do well but it’s basically just a good job.
So how would Hilary who isn’t even a professional writer get an $8 million advance? Hmm Do you know how many books you would have to sell to cover this and expenses and the publisher’s profit.