The Talk for Young Men in the Military

by Elusive Wapiti on June 16, 2014

Dr.Φ at the blog Delenda Est Cathargo has had a front-row seat to the military’s latest effort to make the armed services safe for military women…from military men.  He has three posts up thus far on this topic, entitled “War On Nerds: SAPR Edition“, “SAPR Day Scenarios“, and “People vs Values”, with likely more to follow.

Reading these posts, and seeing the aggressive feminist and rape-culture-hysteria and frankly misandrist slant to the materials presently being force-fed to military men and women in mandatory propaganda femeducation commander’s calls, perhaps it is both timely and wise for more senior military men, perhaps commanders, but certainly supervisors and peers, to do what women leaders in times past did for the female subordinates in their charge: warn them about entanglements with the opposite sex–for their own safety.

As one in the military, you are to be strong. A warrior. As a man, you are widely thought to want sex, any sex, at any time, and are grateful for it whenever it happens. These two factors combined mean you will not be believed if you yourself report being sexually assaulted or sexually coerced by a woman.  You want it by nature, she doesn’t.  A woman who accuses you of the same, will be.

Moreover, the culture still assumes that men are the aggressors in sexual relationships, and that women are passive.  You will not be believed if you yourself report being sexually assaulted or sexually coerced by a woman, despite recent research that shows near parity in which sex perpetrates sexual assault.  A woman who accuses you of the same, will be.

Further, it is men who are uniquely held accountable for sex when alcohol is involved, no matter how much or how little either party has been drinking. As little as one drop of alcohol invalidates female agency. You will not be believed if you claim that you had consent. A woman who accuses you of taking advantage of her inebriated state, on the other hand, will be. The simple fact of the matter is that, as far as the SAPR office and Victim Advocates (note the slanted term victim, not the more neutral and legally correct accuser) is concerned, sexual assault is something that men do to women, men do to other men, rarely women assault other women, and women never assault men.  Offenders (note again the slanted language) must be stamped out.  The default position is to believe the accuser victim.  This cannon is pointed at you, not-so-fortunate son.  Innocence is no longer presumed.

But fear not, there are many steps you may take to minimize your risk and protect yourself, and it’s not blaming the victim to pass them along to you:

1) Limit interactions, be they over the phone, via email, and especially face-to-face, to official business only. In general, it is advisable to avoid interactions with women in the military for numerous reasons (i.e., false sexual harassment charges, false charges of fraternization, etc), but in this case, it is to reduce your risk of a career-ending FRA. If you must interact with them, do so in a public area with witnesses.  Avoid situations where you may be alone behind closed doors with a military woman without a wingman as witness.

2) Speaking of wingman, have one whenever going out or when you may be faced by mixed-sex situations. This brother is your witness and can vouch for your upright behavior.

3) Don’t fraternize with lower-ranking military women. Not only is this a UCMJ issue, but it is also wise counsel anyway. Lower-ranking military women are less mature and more likely to be star-struck by your greater maturity and higher socio-sexual status than either her or her peers.  You will also be more likely to be seen as the aggressor if they levy an accusation. Keep it professional, and stay safe.

4) Avoid mixed-sex situations and alcohol. The vast, vast majority of military sexual assault cases involve alcohol.  When the booze comes out, and there are females about, that’s you cue to leave.  Male-only company is your friend.

5) Be upright in your behavior. The vast, vast majority of military sexual assault cases involved extra-marital sex in addition to alcohol.  This means don’t be a player (sorry cads). The fact of the matter is that one’s risk of being hit with a sexual assault allegation is a lot lower if you keep your fly zipped.

6) If you find avoiding extramarital sex too difficult or too Christian / Jewish a value to uphold, then record your encounters.  It may initially seem Rob Lowe-level creepy, but it has saved at least one man, and likely untold more, from being convicted of rape on the basis of a malicious FRA.  Video is best.

These steps may be small, but will do much to mitigate your risk of being caught on the wrong side of an accusation of sexual misconduct.  Remember that the system is looking to isolate and prosecute “offenders”, that women who bring sexual assault allegations are to be believed, false accusations will not be prosecuted or punished, and that you will be counting on the justice system to protect your assumed-innocent status. The process is as much the punishment as any conviction would be.  Stay away, stay safe, and stay frosty.

About the author: EW is a well-trained monkey operating heavier-than-air machinery. His interests outside of being an opinionated rabble-rouser are hunting, working out, motorcycling, spending time with his family, and flying. He is a father to four, a husband to one, and is a sometime contributor here at Spearhead. More of his intolerable drivel is available at the blog The Elusive Wapiti.

greyghost June 16, 2014 at 16:56

This advice should always be given to the young men even if women are present.

TFH June 16, 2014 at 16:57

Once again :

This is why democracy has a life-cycle, after which it devolves into a feminist police state + goddess cult.

This is because while men don’t vote for male-centric issues, women vote almost exclusively for that, and this crowds out just about every other issue from the electoral process over time.

We have only seen full democracy (all adults can vote) for 90+ years in 5-6 countries, and for 60-90 years in another 10-15 countries. So that is far too little of a track record from which to conclude that full democracy is sustainable over historical timeframes.

TFH June 16, 2014 at 17:00

Actually, this article is merely a case for young men to no longer join the military.

When a country allows its military to deviate too far from its main purpose, why would a man risk joining up in the first place?

Norm June 16, 2014 at 17:14
Laguna Beach Fogey June 16, 2014 at 17:42

I would counsel young men to avoid joining the US military. Why risk your life for the likes of Miley Cyrus, rap music, and Big Macs? Why fight for a country that actively discriminates against White men? It makes no sense.

When the booze comes out, and there are females about, that’s you[r] cue to leave

gwallan June 16, 2014 at 17:54

“Limit interactions, be they over the phone, via email, and especially face-to-face, to official business only. In general, it is advisable to avoid interactions with women in the military for numerous reasons”

At the same time be alert to the possibility that avoiding women altogether could lead to accusations of sexual discrimination.

Uncle Elmer June 16, 2014 at 18:02

Are you sure this blogger is a man? A quote form the second essay :

“Here’s a personal example: I got my butt patted during a soccer game 20 years ago. I’m pretty sure that it wasn’t sexual; since the player was on the opposing team, it was probably a dominance move. I didn’t like it, and if it had happened twice I would have made a point of telling him to stop. If it had happened a third time, I would have liked to have the option of having a higher authority to order him to stop.”

Aside from that, current harassment propaganda leans heavily on pressuring men to intervene in perceived harassment in defense of women. Problem is women have been postured as equal competitors to men for a long time now. The calls for men to ferret out harassers in their midst ignores the fundamental fact that this is asking men to help their direct competitors. No sane man helps his male competitors; in fact they relish the chance to get them kneecapped by any means necessary. To expect them to reverse this behavior to enable female rivals is ludicrous.

Ray Manta June 16, 2014 at 19:22

Uncle Elmer wrote:
Are you sure this blogger is a man?

I’m quite sure it isn’t. Pay attention to the wording:
“It was probably a dominance move”. A man could figure this out without having to guess or sound like a bitchy woman with a chip on her shoulder.

“I would have liked to have the option of having a higher authority to order him to stop.”

Can’t think of too many men who would enjoy being a tattletale over a more direct approach (decking the ass-patter).

I’ve watched some recent videos on Youtube with women getting into altercations of men – real ones, not propaganda pieces to display grrrl power. While there are a few white knights commenting, the balance of comments now is always in the “equal rights, equal fights” range.

Feminism seems to be stuck in a time warp these days – the calls to enable women while men pick up the tab and take one for the team might have worked 30 years ago. Since that’s not working so well any more, there will be more calls to get the heavy hand of the state and legal system involved. Expect more military scandals, lawsuits and lame editorials about poor women being done wrong.

gender foreigner June 16, 2014 at 20:54

In women’s Canada’s Ministry of National Offence, the women charge men with sexual harassment when they are billeted at hotels after being at sea for months (and are logistically supported by log ships–as opposed to supplying-up by going to a port).

Typically, when the men (and Affirmative Action wonders) are billeted in hotels, the women get drunk and then accuse the men of sexual assault, etc. When the ship’s company boards the ship, the atmosphere is utterly dysfunctional, the real-world proverbial slow boat to China.

And, of course, in Basic Training, ALL propaganda videos, etc. present that men are the harassers and women are the victims… And, of course, the, “Unit Human Rights Advisors” (aka, Feminist Commissars) ALWAYS present women as victims and men as victimizers…

And….

cxj June 16, 2014 at 21:51

” The process is as much the punishment as any conviction would be. ”

Words of wisdom. I faced a false domestic charge in a civilian court which was bad enough. I cannot and do not WANT to fathom a RAPE charge in the fucking military. Yikes.

“Funny, but this would probably result in the females finding such aloof behaviour more–not less–attractive.”

LOL you can never fucking win, I swear. Maybe the solution is to be overtly beta all the time, and talk about how you are going home specifically to do some beta activity, like reading a feminist book or something? In before “reverse game” starts as an online trend, where men learn to be beta instead of alpha.

TheBigBadWolf June 16, 2014 at 22:44

I was accused of rape when I was in the military. Here’s the story: I met a girl on base that I knew from my hometown. We went out, got a little sauced and jumped in a cab to either go back to base or get a hotel room. I argued it was more logical to get the room and take the train back to base in the morning as a cab ride all the way back would cost more. She kept saying she didn’t want anything sexual to happen if we got the room. I kept replying, “I can’t promise that,” and continued to argue my point. Like the vast majority of men, I am turned off by the idea of making sexual advances on a woman that isn’t interested—but if she decides she wants to have sex after I peel off a few layers of clothes to reveal my [then] chiseled body then so be it. Naturally, that was the plan. ;)
She finally decides my idea makes better financial sense, adding, “. . .but we’re not going to have sex.” “Fine,” I tell her. We get to the hotel, check in and I’m soon shutting the door to our room. She flops on the bed exhausted, I take off everything but the boxer shorts and climb in. I don’t make one move. Not one! She grabs me and starts making out with me. We have sex. Go to sleep, wake up and have sex again. We catch the train in the morning as planned and she’s very quiet and stand-offish on the ride back to base. I attempt to probe her mood, all the while thinking, “Damn, I was really hoping this could be a consistent thing,” but she doesn’t offer any explanation.
Back at base we go our separate ways. Later I run into her friend who darts toward me and says with pure man-hate, “You raped my friend!” “What?! Where the hell is this coming from? That’s a pretty strong acquisition you’re making.” “She told me everything!” “Oh, did she now?” I sidestepped her and kept on walking. Next I run into my hometown friend. “Hey, your friend just accused me of raping you. Why are you telling people I raped you?” “I didn’t say that.” “Well, she sure thinks you did.” “Well. . .it’s just that. . .it’s just that I wanted to remain just friends with you and I just thought the whole thing jeopardized our friendship.” “That’s fine. If you just want to be friends, I’m okay with that, but you need to straighten your friend out.” “I will.”
Then I find out on leave, that when she went on leave before me, she went around town telling everyone I had raped her. None of my close friends believed her, but one acquaintance—as I sat down to have a drink with him at one of our haunts—said he couldn’t talk to me anymore because he was dating one of her friends.
A little background on her is that she was known as the tease in our circle of friends. My estimation is that she felt like a slut after being out with me one-on-one for the first time in our friendship and I was able to seduce her with ease. Her choice was either to internally accept that she is a slut (and that’s not even what I thought of her at all) or externalize a lie, and if enough people believe it, she could internalize it as a fact.
The question is this: If I had actually raped her, why would she have no problem telling everyone she came into contact with but not bother to tell the authorities? It’s because her accusation was nothing more than a band-aid for her wounded ego.
I further estimate that the vast majority of so-called rapes supposedly taking place in the US Armed Forces are the product of women that can’t hack it and want a way of getting back at a superior, among many other psychotic reasons.
If you are interested in joined the military, I strongly suggest to request a list of military occupational specialties that will put you in a position where you won’t have any, or very little, contact with women. Ask your recruiter for such a list and then confirm the list on a military forum because recruiters lie about everything. Even if you have the restraint or lack of interest to even bother seducing a woman [playing at being] in the military, you absolutely positively without question do not want to work anywhere near them. Women have utterly gutted our armed forces and changed the dynamic so much that today it barely resembles even your dad’s military. I don’t care how shit-hot, balls-out hardcore your military occupational specialty is, if there are women in your unit, you will realize you have only signed up to go to high school for another four years—or however long your contract is.
You might also consider the French Foreign Legion. Despite the constant attacks by chicken-hawks and arm-chair commandos against the French, unlike every single branch of the US Armed Forces, the Legion doesn’t have any interest in wearing panties or lugging boxes of tampons to the front. I can’t say the same thing for our US Marine Corps. Which uniform would you rather wear?

Ted June 16, 2014 at 22:57

Absolutely God-damned right.

A shipmate of mine, over thirty years ago, made the mistake of trying to comfort some distraught woman in boot camp by patting her on the shoulder when she was weeping hysterically. She charged him with attempted rape. Luckily for him, there were plenty of witnesses to tesify on his behalf, so the charges were dismissed. But from that moment on he NEVER interacted with a female soldier/sailor, and would NEVER allow himself to be alone in the same room with one. And he advised us to do the same. This was in the early 1980s. I can only imagine how much worse it has become these days.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 16, 2014 at 23:56

@Manta

We really need more laws to protect women. You know, there are a lot of evil cads and mashers around these days will will ply women with strong drink and then take advantage of their innocence.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 17, 2014 at 00:11

@Wolf
btw, did she pay for her 1/2 of the room?

Φ June 17, 2014 at 01:21

EW: Thanks for the link love.

Personal inclinations aside, I’m concerned that in the adult world, decking someone in retaliation for something (as opposed to self defense) is likely to get you punished under the law/UCMJ. I liked having a military career.

Maaldweb June 17, 2014 at 01:26

You need to understand that a woman who is willing to spend her life among men in uniform is bound to be very fond of the company of men(…) and obviously an attention seeking individual. Of course all women like the attention but very few would want to be constantly surrounded by men. That says a lot about women in the military…

I must have written it before (I guess several years ago) but keep in mind that US military women behave like nymphomaniacs (at least outside the US). It appears that participating in NATO exercises or being abroad for a brief period of time is the equivalent of sexual tourism for them.

I have spoken to several military men who have served in NATO and performed military exercises along with US troops. The stories they tell about the sexual prowess of US military women are hilarious. In fact that is one of the reasons most want to participate in common exercises, apart from the experience and the extra pay of course.

The funniest story I have been told is about a female air force officer who within a period of a week had sex with pretty much every male in the base. Some of them later reported problems with urination and were found to have contacted chlamydia. The base commander who was aware of what had happened ordered all men to be tested ..Hilarity ensued….A report was filled but obviously it didn’t go further since that would eventually lead nowhere.

The above story is just the tip of the iceberg (and to be fair the most extreme I have heard) about the sexual activities of females in the US military when abroad. But honestly I can only imagine what will happen if more women pour into the military. Common exercises will be a giant fuck fest for everyone involved…

Elusive Wapiti June 17, 2014 at 02:03

“Are you sure this blogger is a man?”

Yes. While I haven’t met him IRL, I’ve known him as a blog-brother a long, long time.

“…current harassment propaganda leans heavily on pressuring men to intervene in perceived harassment in defense of women. “

Much of this mandatory socio-cultural education being administered to our men and women in uniform amounts to White Knighting 101, leaning heavily on the “Band of Brothers” aspect of military culture to get men to WK for the unrelated women in their midst. It’s a weird duality, frankly–mil men must accept the warrior grrls in their midst as full peers and fierce competitors, an equality that winks at heavy gender norming and some preferential treatment, while still being able to instantly shift gears to full-retard Victorianism to protect the vulnerable young women around them who can’t be bothered to muster even a French level of resistance against their alleged attackers.

Part of the intent behind this proposed advice to men is to dissuade them from reflexive WK-ing, despite how natural it may feel. Men are made to protect, and the system is exploiting this instinct with the attempt to shunt responsibility for women’s moral conduct onto men. WKs enable this transfer.

The other part of this advice is an attempt to remind men that merely being in mixed company outside the workplace sets them up to assume risk they may not fully realize they’re assuming, and encourage them to think/do otherwise.

mono June 17, 2014 at 03:02

Yeah … eat your cake and then still have it, so as to be able to eat it over and over and over again eh lady ?

Ray Manta June 17, 2014 at 05:44

EW wrote in response to “Are you sure this blogger is a man?”

I stand corrected.

continent June 17, 2014 at 08:30

The 1991 “Love Boat” incident reminds us that we have been at war in the Middle East over 20 years/ If the female sailors did not abort, their children would be ready to “Join the Navy”.
USS Acadia — During the 1991 Persian Gulf War, the press branded the destroyer tender USS Acadia the “Love Boat” after 36 sailors – 10 percent of the women aboard – became pregnant during the 7 months the giant repair ship was deployed in support of Operation Desert Storm. The ship’s 1,250-person crew included 360 women.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/8/list-military-scandals/#ixzz34uUvih6e
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Szebran June 17, 2014 at 09:34

The military is beginning to wilt under feminism. If they cant even stand up to a feminist then how much longer will we be able to rely on them for protection from terrorists?

keyster June 17, 2014 at 10:05

If you are being harassed and/or sexually “assaulted” by a woman and you report it they might feign concern and even pretend to take action BUT you will be instantly labeled a trouble-maker and held back in rank or transferred…besides being ridiculed for being offended by her advances.

Mormon Elders on mission enforce a very strict adherence to “sight and sound”. You are ALWAYS within sight AND sound of your mission partner. They say its presumably for safety – safety of being falsely accused of something.

If I must be in an enclosed area alone with a woman I keep the time very brief and serious, within seconds I’m gone. The constant sexual innuendo they employ within typical conversation is abruptly halted with – “Any sexual innuendo is neither appreciated or funny and will be reported to management if it continues.” Women incessantly chatter about relationships with men which eventually devolves into sex. Stay clear of them young man. They’re not just being your “pal”.

Thos. June 17, 2014 at 10:53

I was once in a situation at work where I began to suspect a colleague was going to cause me trouble. I have a work diary where I record my to-dos, things done, meeting notes, time at the office, client hours, et cetera. I began working any conversation or interaction with her into my work diary.

It saved my tuchus.

The problem, looking back, was management’s fault. They anticipated a lot of work was going to come in and hired two people and it turns out there was only enough work for barely one person so she began to badmouth me. I was unaware of this but suspected that something was up.

Fortunately she was incompetent and what work there was, people were lining up to give me because she could barely tell you what the difference was between a keyboard and a mouse. (Heaven knows how she bluffed her way through the job interview.) Anyway, things came to a head and I was called into HR to discuss the “tension” between her and I. Turns out she’d been hamstringing me to my colleagues for a long time.

After an investigation, she was shown the door.

Well, my work diary was not definitive but it showed patterns of obstruction and nonsense from her. A work diary — on your computer or phone and not the company’s — is an excellent idea. It doesn’t need to be more than a txt file.

I’ve never been in the military but I’d guess that part of the issue is that in the military you have heaps of people placed in an authoritarian environment (this is a necessary condition where there are things that can go boom! and hurt people) but they’re still searching for the keys to adulthood.

I can easily imagine circumstances where a few kids get caught by authority figures and rather than fess up, revert to an infantile state and say “Wasn’t me!” leaving the other one to sputter a defence. Now, what proportion, I don’t know.

(PS: It’s probably a good thing I never served. I’ve no illusions about that. I’d make Gomer Pyle look like Sean Connery.)

Professor Hale June 17, 2014 at 12:12

Nice write-up. I wish to add a few points about military women:

1. They will report men for sexual misconduct as a tactic to avoid punishment for their own misconduct, specifically drinking or indecency.

2. They will exploit the system and falsely accuse a man, any man, in order to get a transfer away from an unpleasant posting, duty, or a place where her reputation as a slut is too widely known.

3. They will claim rape if a consensual liaison results in an STD or pregnancy, especially if an inter-racial pregnancy or a pregnancy in a deployed theater where sexual conduct is “unauthorized”. Thus, as a rape victim, she can avoid the stigma of crossing inter-racial boundaries, or avoid punishment.

4. Military women are very well-trained in this system and will see lots of examples of other women exploiting it for personal gain, so when the opportunity presents itself, they will use it and easily convince themselves that you had it coming.

greyghost June 17, 2014 at 13:25

The enlistment cycle is 4 years so I need to check when open homosexuals served. In the next 2 to 6 years the military will be filled with men that don’t believe in what they are doing. will be interesting to see how well those guys perform against the American people when that call comes.
Professor hale
The quickest and surest way for any woman to get pure virginal virtue is to be a rape victim. As soon as that claim is made she is pure and good. Even females doing life for murder can cleanse their souls with a rape charge

Wobbegong June 17, 2014 at 14:07
keyster June 17, 2014 at 14:40

I’ve worked with several women who didn’t like me because:

a) I was male (a male with limited authority and/or status)
b) I could be antagonistic if they were incompetent and/or lazy
c) Rather than charm, flirt and flatter them I treated them as equal. Women that are used to getting what they want from men at work by plying their sexuality/helplessness HATE men who don’t fall for it. These are the ones to watch IMO. They’re very adept at using sexuality as a weapon, and when it doesn’t work YOU are HER enemy that must be marginalized and defeated – through gossip (turning other women against you), “innsinuendo” about your personal life, passive aggressive undermining of your work, etc. How DARE you not recognize the pedestal her father and so many men after him have placed her on!

The women that liked me were competent and had a work ethic similar to mine, so there was a mutual respect.

Anon7 June 17, 2014 at 14:42

The rules you’ve stated are unfortunately good everywhere now in all large organizations. In the 1970′s I worked in a university hospital with a severely feminist stance. A friend of mine, who was a decent Christian guy and a supervisor, passed on hiring a particular female candidate. She sued, claiming that he sexually harassed her during the job interview. The university backed away from him, first suspending and then terminating his employment, leaving him to face his own legal fees.

THE RULES:

NEVER be alone with a female (supervisors conducting interviews should do so with the office door open, or in public, like the cafeteria.

Don’t get laid where you get paid.

W.F. Price June 17, 2014 at 15:08

@Wobbegong

I’m still amazed by how shameless these feminist “experts” are when it comes to the lies they tell.

Slavi Vytalisov June 17, 2014 at 18:19

I always have a chuckle when I hear the relatively new term “warrier” used in reference to members of the American military. Vikings were warriers, they could split a skull in two with one blow from their battleaxe. American soldiers and soldierettes are killing appliance operators. Nothing more. Killing of the enemy has become so impersonalized and mechanized as each year passes, that they have enough in common with real “warriers” as do those that play violent video games. American military personnel might be in better physical shape than those typical basement dwelling, neckbeard wearing blobs that play games such as Warcraft, but their daily physical activities are much the same. The main difference being that the military personnel do real collateral damage that the neckbeard wearers do not. These are not the natural heirs to the legacy that was created by the brave men that took Iwo Jima. The people in the military today aren’t worthy to smell the sweaty socks of those men who took Iwo Jima.

Charles Martel June 17, 2014 at 20:38

Slavi Vytalisov

A few of them are. Not enough.

It’ll be interesting to watch the gay/female military melt down. There’ll be some pivotal event, something like the 2007 Iranian capture of 15 British seapersons. The considerate Iranians released their prisoners two weeks later after the seapersons apologized for straying into Iranian waters. They warmly thanked president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for releasing them.

The intrepid seapersons included one man who cried after the Iranians took his iPod and one woman who willingly donned a hijab for the amusement of Iranian television.

Whatever you may think of ISIS, and I know nothing about them other than their spectacular cruelty, you have to admit they know how to make a commitment.

Charles Martel June 17, 2014 at 20:51

greyghost
…..will be interesting to see how well those guys perform against the American people when that call comes.

If it ever comes to that, and I dearly hope it doesn’t, I’m at peace with my decision for what I will do.

I like to think of the words of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn:

“What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?… The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!”

Charles Martel June 17, 2014 at 21:23

BoomersGreatestGen®
You know, there are a lot of evil cads and mashers around these days….

Cads and…mashers?

Had to look that one up.

“The word masher was most popular from the 1880s to the early 20th century, says the Oxford Etymologist Anatoly Liberman. The word had more of an edge than other terms for dashing womanisers like swell, dandy and beau.”

A hundred years. Hmmm. Must be time for another dose of virgin’s blood for you then, Count.

Lyn87 June 18, 2014 at 14:42

From Thos:

It might have gone something like this

Savvy June 20, 2014 at 02:50

You are actually teaching men not to take advantage of women and to be upright. Thank you. Quite frankly, everyone should get this kind of talk before college. The problem is that some men do take advantage of women by either getting them very drunk or by rufies. I spent a brief time in ROTC in college and most of the guys were really cool to me.

Lyn87 June 23, 2014 at 18:14

The odds of a co-ed being “slipped a rufie” and date-raped are close to her odds of being struck by lightning while riding a unicycle. Negligible.

For example, this is the relevant quote from a six-year study in Northern Ireland conducted by the Forensic and Legal Medicine team at the University of Ulster: “The study failed to find any trace of specific date rape drugs such as GHB, Rohypnol or ketamine…”

A similar study in the U.S. produced similar findings.

SfcTon June 24, 2014 at 09:46

Point three about avoiding chicks with lower rank. I found officer chicks to be the biggest gum rags. They are generally still fresh of the college co k carousel.

I’d like to see the guy who compared soldiers to basement dewellers last three days on patrol in A-stan. Or even hump.his gear to the tent when he gets off the plane.