Middle-Aged Journalist Blames Lack of Love Life on “Brogrammers”

by W.F. Price on June 2, 2014

Tricia Romano, who apparently went to grad school at the University of Washington in the 90s, which would put her right around 40 give or take a couple years, has declared that techies are responsible for her lackluster sex life. Not to dump on Ms. Romano too much, but she doesn’t exactly stand out from the crowd by any stretch of the imagination (the tattoo isn’t helpful). She’s passable, but she isn’t a hot young thing anymore, and she should probably adjust her expectations accordingly.

However, instead of accepting the approach of the wall, she has chosen to blame guys who work at Amazon.com, much as other embittered feminists are blaming techies for San Francisco’s housing problems. I don’t care much for Amazon, but some of my friends have worked there, and there’s nothing wrong with them that I can see. For the most part they are overworked, chewed up and spit out by a ruthless corporation that shows absolutely no loyalty to employees (which is why I despise the monopolistic, megalomaniacal Jeff Bezos). Even if they are making $100k, it’s not all that much on an hourly basis, as many are expected to work up to 3,000 hours per year and be on call 24/7 (urban public school teachers with mid-level seniority can easily make more per hour than programmers). They are also ruthlessly exploited by real estate developers and speculators, who have jacked up rents and property values so high that a six figure income barely supports a family of three in West Coast tech centers. Again, how are these overworked, exploited guys to blame for predatory urban capitalists, much less Tricia Romano’s desultory sex life?

But somehow she finds a way. She claims they aren’t sexually appealing to her, because they don’t know how to talk about the most fascinating subject on earth: Tricia Romano.

I sat across from him and listened. He was trim, tall, bearded (as they all seem to be), a recent transplant, having only lived in Seattle for a year or so and worked at a start-up, after burning out at Amazon (as they all seem to have). He rode his bike around town; he had good taste in food and wine; and he lived across the street from where we were meeting. He was a software engineer or did something in tech (as they all did). And he was utterly unmemorable.

I don’t think he asked me a single question about myself. Our date—if you call these impromptu Internet meetings, dates—lasted an hour. It felt more like a job interview, but not the way a date is supposed to be a job interview. There was no grilling about where you were from and what your family was like and what you were looking for.

Romano dates herself when she nostalgically recalls the good old days of the 90s, back when Seattle was hip and alternative and interesting (and she was in her 20s):

This wasn’t what I’d signed up for. I’d moved back to Seattle, in particular to Capitol Hill, because when I’d lived here during the ’90s it was a beacon of diversity for weirdos. (I stress “weirdos”—there are few people of color in Seattle.) The weirdos were: young gay boys, old hippies of varying sexuality, straight artists and musicians, softball lesbians, punk-rock dykes who played house music, metal musicians, ravers, or people into the fetish scene. They were not straight, white guys from flyover country or California imported by a software company. They spent their time doing things other than making Jeff Bezos more money.

I can sympathize a bit here. I myself miss the “weirdos.” In fact, it isn’t just the weirdos who have disappeared, but the people she’d probably find “weirdly normal” (i.e. married, middle class families) as well. Seattle has become a left-fascist corporatocracy administered by a junta of rainbow warriors. Their primary goal, as far as I can tell, is waging war on the American working and middle class for the benefit of the parasitic classes at the top and bottom of society. This is accomplished by destroying the low and middle-income private sector jobs that support an independent lifestyle (for artists and bohemian types, too), overtaxing the working poor and middle class, cronyism and speculation — all in the name of “progress.” If this means shoving out the “weirdos” in order to make room for a corporate drone tax base to fill government coffers and please billionaire overlords like Jeff Bezos, then so be it.

But unfortunately for Ms. Romano, social ills are not the source of her amorous troubles. Instead, her problem is so obvious that it should hardly need to be pointed out, but for her benefit I’ll do so anyway: She’s 40 and she’s acting like an adolescent. Doesn’t she know dating is for kids? Normal, sexually active middle-aged adults are typically in longstanding monogamous relationships. Does she seriously think, at her age, that there are going to be a lot of “interesting” men at her beck and call? Or that they will be interested in her? I hear a lot about men’s supposed entitlement, but hers takes the cake. 40-year-old spinster can’t find a man! Stop the presses and listen to her complain! Something must be done!

No, it isn’t the techies, but the fact that the guys she was sleeping with back in the 90s have grown up and moved on, and she hasn’t.

AAB June 2, 2014 at 05:14

Encouragingly the comments section of the article is full of people pointing out how ridiculous Tricia’s complaints are:

‘Tricia, perhaps you have not found a good looking computer programmer with a great personality because you are not that desirable. Perhaps the problem is not with the men in Seattle, perhaps it is you.’

and..

‘This author is a terrible person. She is judgmental and pretentious and judging those around her.’

and..

‘To hell with male privilege and entitlement, we have a perfect example of female entitlement right here.’

Thomas Tell-Truth June 2, 2014 at 05:15

Heh…can we call her a female incel who feels entitled to male attention and money?

ahamkara June 2, 2014 at 06:13

As a 40 year old man thrust onto the dating scene by divorce, I can confirm this… most women in their late 30′s were completely spoiled in their 20′s, and will not lift a finger to attract a decent man or keep him around.

However, there are so many spinsters out there that with a little bit of effort you can find the 1% who understand their lot in life and society around them. Even these women will usually give up after a few weeks because the effort of participating in meaningful human interaction is just too much to bear. But you can at least have some fun with them.

kuis June 2, 2014 at 06:24

One of the commentators ‘Dame’ points out that men haven’t figured out that they have to be interesting and appealing IN ADDITION to making a good living: their lack of romantic success reflects their failure to adapt.

Interestingly enough she doesn’t see that the author of the article is the real one who has failed to move with the times. If you are expecting the ‘dating scene’ to be the same at 40 as it was at 25 then you have real issues.

Men need to avoid these women like the plague. It is not our responsibility to court and pay for these post-wall women. They made their beds and they can bloody well lie in them.

TFH June 2, 2014 at 06:45

She just wants their money, and is irritated that money is appearing in the hands that her hardwired program does not like.

In other words, her brain-gina interface is obsolete.

greyghost June 2, 2014 at 07:02
Anonymous Reader June 2, 2014 at 07:02

Perhaps the Urban Dictionary could augment or even replace the entry on “solipsism” with an image of Ms. (and I”m sure it is Ms) Romano?

Take The Red Pill June 2, 2014 at 07:04

Like the typical adolescent-minded and middle-aged leftists of today, she would much rather want to blame modern society’s scapegoats — i.e., conservatives, white males, ‘creepy’ guys, techies, etc. — than look in the mirror and do some honest introspection.

“Who is John Galt?”

Days of Broken Arrows June 2, 2014 at 07:08

If you put ten scolding nuns in the room, they would not be a bigger boner-killer than that tattoo. What are women thinking?

dhanu June 2, 2014 at 07:28

“I hear a lot about male entitlement, but this takes the cake” – Price.

I think you mean ‘female entitlement’ here. Yeah, there seems to be a lot of it everywhere. PMFAT runs an ‘Entitlement Princess of the Month’ on the subject, of which this the latest issue: http://www.antifeministtech.info/2014/05/april-2014-entitlement-princess-of-the-month/

Dalrock June 2, 2014 at 07:39

Good find. It is almost as if someone once promised her a lifetime of courtship. What could possibly go wrong?

BTW, your initial link is a generic one to the dame magazine site. The specific article link is: http://www.damemagazine.com/2014/05/23/amazon-killing-my-sex-life

Uncle Elmer June 2, 2014 at 07:44

Bill – am working at Employment Game. PDF looks ok on my Kindle DX.

After hooking up the Roku found some documentaries on the history of textile fabrication. Watched one vid where an enthusiastic British chap examined the history of technology while interviewing an old coot amidst the roar and clatter of a Manchester textile mill. Fascinating stuff. ForeignBride fell asleep as I watched transfixed. Later she chastised me for not watching something “romantic”. She seems intrigued by the upcoming premier of TV’s “Mistresses”, though perhaps something like Wuthering Heights may be more provocative.

The old guy mentions “spinsters” a couple times. Evidently they were old women still working in the mills long past their prime having not acquired a husband or having been widowed.

A spinster, or old maid, is an older, childless woman who has never been married. A “spinster” is not simply a “single” woman, but a woman who has not formed a human pair bond by the time she is approaching or has reached menopause and the end of her reproductive lifespan.

Well, it;s a hot topic even today :

Don’t call me a spinster!

Survivorman June 2, 2014 at 07:44

Tricia’s story is being repeated ~1,000,000X across the US and Canada.
“The Wall” (TM) does not negotiate, and takes no prisoners.
I almost feel a tinge of pity for her..

*Almost*.

Swithunus June 2, 2014 at 07:50

@Thomas
I suspect that the female version of an incel is an insol (insolvent). Getting laid as a P&D is probably still quite easy (for now), but landing some guy’s wallet? that’s a little tricky

Dalrock June 2, 2014 at 07:56

@Survivorman

Tricia’s story is being repeated ~1,000,000X across the US and Canada.
“The Wall” (TM) does not negotiate, and takes no prisoners.
I almost feel a tinge of pity for her..

Brutal. Sounds like the terminator:

Listen, and understand. The wall is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

W.F. Price June 2, 2014 at 07:57

Bill – am working at Employment Game. PDF looks ok on my Kindle DX.

I’m going to redo it in InDesign. I’m still apparently a novice at this (I was taken to task by a typographer for using old software, so I guess I’ll just have to use the big-boy tools).

Swithunus June 2, 2014 at 08:01

@Elmer
sounds like a ‘Fred Dibnah’ documentary, there are loads of them. His media career started when he was a steeplejack, one that brought a lot of them down in controlled demolition. Steam engines, industrial revolution…he’s covered the lot.

if it wasn’t him, you need to check out Fred.

W.F. Price June 2, 2014 at 08:19

-Dalrock

Actually, unless she can somehow find a very good job, which is unlikely, she’s in serious trouble. I suspect that the recent astronomical cost of living increases in Seattle have hit her hard, and now that she’s staring middle age in the face without a man she’s truly alarmed by the implications. The “creative class” she’s dropping hints about can’t hack it alone in these coastal tech cities these days.

Thanks for the link correction.

TFH June 2, 2014 at 08:21

The funny thing is, even as she gets older and older, that tattoo she has of a young, svelte woman will remain the same. Imagine that tattoo on her when she is 60.

What did she think? That the tattoo will serve as her picture of Dorian Grey?

TFH June 2, 2014 at 08:25

I wonder if Tricia Romano is a distant cousin of Denise Romano, M.A., Ed. M.

Uncle Elmer June 2, 2014 at 08:41

“I’m going to redo it in InDesign.”

Have you considered OpenOffice? I use it a lot now instead of MS Office. The Draw and Impress programs are Photoshop and PowerPoint clones that export to PDF. Also I use Gimp now instead of Photoshop.

InDesign is a “paste-up” tool (meaning you format pages individually by pasting graphic and text boxes like a storyboard) which is a good way to format your documents. You can use the paste-up concept with OpenOffice Draw.

Uncle Elmer June 2, 2014 at 08:48

Swithmus, it wasn’t him and can’t find it as there are countless industrial revolution documentaries on youtube. I will take a look at Fred.

kuis June 2, 2014 at 08:49

“I suspect that the recent astronomical cost of living increases in Seattle have hit her hard, and now that she’s staring middle age in the face without a man she’s truly alarmed by the implications. The “creative class” she’s dropping hints about can’t hack it alone in these coastal tech cities these days.”

Agree but if she was truly desperate there are plenty of thirsty betas out there willing to take her in. She will have some options even if they aren’t ideal. Her fussiness is pure delusion but she may be forced to get over that if she wants to maintain a presumably middle class lifestyle.

Uncle Elmer June 2, 2014 at 08:52
W.F. Price June 2, 2014 at 08:57

-Uncle Elmer

The nice thing about InDesign, in addition to the vast number of settings and tools at one’s disposal, is the fact that I won’t have to use three different programs for all three formats: print, pdf eBook and ePub file. The not so nice thing is it costs $240/year. But I think it will be worth it if I intend to make publishing/book design into a little business, and I think I ought to. There’s plenty of demand for that even up here in Whatcom County, and not much competition.

Joseph Dooley June 2, 2014 at 09:18

Sounds like she’s pushing back against the reality that she can’t have it all. She was sold a bill of goods as a girl.

Quartermain June 2, 2014 at 09:22

Not to mention, Tricia has a tattoo of a chick which would give guys the impression that she’s a rug muncher.

Dalrock June 2, 2014 at 09:23

Have you ever played around with LaTex? I don’t have any experience with it but it is free/open source and as I understand it is designed to allow you to publish to different styles once you have the initial markup done.

On the author, I found an interview with her from 2004, and at the time she said she was 30. Before she moved to Seattle she was with Village Voice in NYC. I found a few pictures of her at a cocktail party back in 2007 (pic 1, pic 2). She may have just been having a bad day, but from that party at least she doesn’t seem to have been enjoying the NYC social scene either.

beta_plus June 2, 2014 at 09:39

I believe the correct term for a woman like her is insol (involuntary solitude) as opposed to incel for men.

The Trend June 2, 2014 at 09:42

And just how many of these “brogrammers” has she asked out on a date? Surely in this “enlightened” age she doesn’t expect a man to pursue her and risk be accused of stalking, harassment or god forbid “creepiness” for showing any interest in sex.

kuis June 2, 2014 at 09:50

DALROCK: Wow, if she is really 33 in that pic she aged terribly, and she pretty wasn’t much of a looker to begin with.

It amazes me how entitled American women are nowadays. This woman is barely a 4 in my view, so what the hell does she expect?

W.F. Price June 2, 2014 at 09:53

-Dalrock

I’ve been working with LaTeX, and it’s been fun, but I’ve started to run up against its limitations. You have to locate and download various packages if you want to do anything unique with it, there are very limited hyperref options, and in order to convert it to ePub I have to first convert it to XHTML, and then from there to ePub and hope that nothing gets fouled up in between. It’s good for basic books and reports, and for me that might be enough for now, but I might as well learn to use InDesign now, as it has the flexibility I’ll need if I go anywhere with this. Once I get a good sense of it, the output should look at least as professional as most MSM graphics, although having known some real pros back in Seattle I’m well aware that mastery takes both time and talent. However, mastery is rare in most media, where content volume and turnover is the number 1 priority.

I think if I start with some simple templates I’ll be able to both work and learn at the same time. And if it turns out to be a bad choice, well, at least I’m only out $20 for a month of it.

Crank June 2, 2014 at 10:09

Nothing for me to add on this article, I think it’s all been said.

But in looking at one of her other articles, she does seem to be one of the few women who have clued into the fact that pretty much every movie or TV show has come to protray all straight (mostly white) men in a negative light. But her programming requires her to view that fact through a feminist prism and conclude that it’s a societal-wide conspiracy to impose higher standards on women and let men get away with more.

TFH June 2, 2014 at 10:24

As per pic 2 that Dalrock linked, she is at best a 4 or 4.5, that too at the age of 33.

Very short and with bad posture, among other things…

Lara June 2, 2014 at 10:31

Anonymous age 72 June 2, 2014 at 10:33

Over ten years ago, I used LyX, a front end for LaTeX. You can embed LaTeX commands in LyX if you run into something LyX doesn’t do as you want.

Like any program, it will take time to learn. LyX should be free.

W.F. Price June 2, 2014 at 10:38

Like any program, it will take time to learn. LyX should be free.

-Anonymous age 72

I have LyX, and I like it. But there are still limitations, most importantly in file conversion to ePub.

Opus June 2, 2014 at 10:47

It all just reminds me of a Jane Austen novel – Dalrock’s pics – except that Mr D’Arcy is not going to be interested (and as he is a repressed homosexual he won’t be interested in Pump and Dump either). I have to revise my view of Miss Romano down from a 6.67 to a 5.77 (deducting .30 for being shorter than I had previously realised and .60 for poor posture I pretend not to notice the gruesome tat). What is the betting that her partner count is not a fraction of what she is implying that it might be – in an effort to make herself appear desirable. Less desirable women sometimes talk their partner count up reasoning that implying slutiness is less a handicap than appearing chaste and thus undesirable.

Charles Martel June 2, 2014 at 11:02

W. F. Price
Not to dump on Ms. Romano too much, but she doesn’t exactly stand out from the crowd by any stretch of the imagination…..

OK, I’ll go there. She looks like Roddy McDowall in Planet Of The Apes.

W. F. Price

Bingo. What a weird phenomenon this is. A woman that should have teenage children mentally stuck at age 23. The fat lady has sung and she didn’t notice.

Material prosperity and feminism have illuminated the bedrock of our common ground. Men and women both like to eat. That’s just about it. When men are necessary to prevent women from starving or freezing to death, women like men. At all other times, meh.

Charles Martel June 2, 2014 at 11:07

Thomas Tell-Truth

Brilliant. Men need powerful memes to skewer the takers. I recently came across Whinorities (Minorities). That one’s good enough to stick.

But women are never really incel. What they are is involuntary childless spinsters. Inspins? I dunno.

Anonymous Reader June 2, 2014 at 11:10

Sounds like she’s pushing back against the reality that she can’t have it all.

No, that’s completely wrong.
1. She made a series of decisions in her 20′s that led to lotsa fun.
2. Now she wants something different, and is not getting it.
3. Therefore, It’s All Men’s Fault – there must be some group of men or individual men who did this to her.

It’s the usual solipsistic female (but I repeat myself) mantra: “I Want What I Want When I Want It, And I Want It NOW“, as amplified by the whole yougogrrl rants of the 90′s.

She was sold a bill of goods as a girl.

No, she bought a bill of goods as a girl, and now she wants something else, and in her own mind she’s entitled to it.

Reality is sexist! Ban reality!

Charles Martel June 2, 2014 at 11:27

From Tricia’s article:

“Why were they so awful? What was it about guys who work in tech that made them worse than lawyers or other white-collar industries?
…..
In a way they exhibit some of the same qualities of those professions—ego, arrogance, and unlimited amounts of cash. In San Francisco, said Violet, “There were a lot of men to date with disposable income who wanted to take women out. It’s just, it was so boring,” she said. “My dating life went from dating artists and writers and going on cheap but exciting dates, to men who thought the ability to buy someone an expensive meal made them interesting.””

deti June 2, 2014 at 11:29

Every time a Tricia Romano demands her “courtship”, every time a woman laments “Where have all the good men gone?!”, every time you hear a feminist screech “You’re not entitled to sex”, repeat:

“You’re not entitled to commitment. You’re not entitled to a man’s money, time, attention, or resources. “

Norm June 2, 2014 at 11:41

I remember in the early 90s an Inside Edition type news magazine show had a segment on rampant sex on college campuses. They talked to women and men and one guy stood out. He said he had 30 different women. He was a jock type guy. These women are now in their late 30s, early 40s. Wonder how many got frivorced, can’t bond etc. The “jock” is older also and I wonder if he has any daughters in college and if he is concerned for her well being. Enjoy the cats, but don’t take your anger out on them. They didn’t cause you to be where you are.

Jaego June 2, 2014 at 12:01

The war against the middle by the Elite and the Lower Class is one of the recurring themes of history. It was seen in Ancient Rome in a very similar way as it appears now. But less organized on a global scale of course. They didn’t have a Communist Movement funded by Global Bankers that overthrew whole nations and empires. Once the middle class is destroyed it will be just the Elite and the Poor. Guess which one will be in charge?

I bet she look even worse without the shades. Those big ones cover a multitude of wrinkles and of course her sin filled eyes.

Justinian June 2, 2014 at 13:06

Here is a video of her:

(she appears halfway through commenting on the music video)

TFH June 2, 2014 at 13:43

Charles Martel,

That means just one thing – many women’s brain-gina interface is obsolete.

Opus June 2, 2014 at 14:36

That is hilarious : Robin Thicke (never previously heard of him) is a crooner. Romano objects to CMNF as it is ‘degrading’ (but to whom, the man or the women or both – she does not say) and she denies that women have a good-girl and a bad-girl side which is apparently a form of human nature which has become ‘outdated’. Does she prefer CFNM and does she think women are bad-girl all the time or possibly-good girl all the time I wonder.

It is profound stuff. She sounds like she is about to burst into tears – maybe she would like to dance naked around the uber-cool and married Thicke.

blurkel June 2, 2014 at 15:46

That tattoo!!!!! UGH-ly!

This “babe” over-values herself. If I was to try to straighten out her entitled brain, I’d have her watch that Louis CK fat chick excerpt every man hates. “Any woman can get laid if she really wants to” said the fat lady. She (the actress in the bit) is absolutely correct. Women can get laid anytime they want to. It only takes saying yes to the inevitable proposition.

So our over-the-hill princess has to be doing something (besides bearing that poor excuse for body “art”) to turn guys off.

shiva1008 June 2, 2014 at 15:56

> that being said, if men are buying dinners on dates, particularly for her, those men are losers who have no Game, and will soon be parted with their money

When you’re advanced you can break all the rules. If a chick digs your vibe, you don’t need to play by the rules. Some guys are too lame and over-analytical to get this though. Yeah I get her frustration at the density of some guys. It’s hard to think of something less romantic or attractive (for a woman) than a guy who thinks he can get women by playing by some lame rule book — and then has the lack of social awareness to judge other men by those same trite rules, as if he has learned the gospel truth, when really he appears to others as a huge nerd. At the same time, she should be realistic about what she can get, but the phenomenon she describes is real.

shiva1008 June 2, 2014 at 16:05

I notice this tendency of the Roosh V crowd to hate on those who don’t think exactly like them and call them losers. If you look at Roosh V Forum, it’s a huge circle jerk of guys calling other guys losers who don’t adhere to their philosophy. That place pretty much exists to hate on “beta males,” who are the guys who should be on our side. Y’all need to chill the fuck out. It’s not that big of a deal. It’s obvious that people that do this all the time are not happy, and you’re giving off a shitty vibe, which isn’t conducive to the sybaritic arts at all.

tacomaster2 June 2, 2014 at 16:54

Ahamkara,
So what are your post-divorce plans? Gonna do it again?

Captain Shagballs June 2, 2014 at 18:08

The cognitive dissonance is incredible. She reminds me of another broad I know who, while never married and with no kids and became a devout Christian convert, is pushing the wall at 40, and STILL feels she is entitled, ENTITLED to the 6’5 adonis figure greek god driving the latest Mercedes.

I want a nice girl who won’t give me shit, and this alone makes the fembots screech like wraiths over my own sense of “entitlement.” But a woman who demands perfection on a silver platter? Crickets.

realist June 2, 2014 at 19:43

For a normal woman, a “sex life” doesn’t imply hooking up or having nsa sex with strangers (no matter how hot they are). That is not that valuable for a woman so guys shouldn’t project and assume that women’s self worth or social value is in any way tied to how much good or bad casual sex they are having. Only sex with a high value (relative to her) committed guy has real value for most normal women. This is their real “sex life” and this is exactly what she meant in the title of her article. It’s not that she can’t find sex with a somewhat decent looking stranger (in fact, the guy she was on the date with offered her some intimacy (“have some wine at his place”) which she declined – not because he was bad looking but because that’s not what she wanted from him at that moment). Her sex life is “ruined in Seattle”, because she only wants to have sex within an exclusive, promising relationship with an attractive, artsy guy and she can’t find that easily there.

And even though it doesn’t seem like she is looking for traditional marriage, she is still open to an exclusive relationship, however, she’s fishing in the wrong pond – these Seattle techies are mostly straightforward materialistic dudes (who are not even dying to be with her but might go on a date), and not the artsy, worldly or creative types that she craves. Unfortunately for her, these creative types are not going to have 80K salaries. It’s kinda late for that stuff in her case – she might have had an exciting boyfriend who was in a band in his 20s, but a guy like that may no longer be as cool / desirable in his 40s (unless he has “made it” which most musicians don’t). There might be an occasional architect, designer or successful DJ out there, but those are rare, and if not already “taken” by age 40, might be too settled in their lifestyle or may have no need for someone like her in their lives. If she wanted a fellow writer soulmate type of boyfriend, she could’ve encountered someone like that during the past 15-20 years she had been working as an entertainment commenter / writer. But obviously none of those were good enough either, because they were probably not attractive enough, not marriage oriented or weren’t successful enough. But you can’t have it all, you have to settle on something (unless you’re the alpha hottie 1% of the population), which she refuses to do on principle but that is her choice. Yes, materialistic techies could be boring to an entertainment journalist, but she doesn’t have to date them.

Anonymous Reader June 2, 2014 at 20:13

realist, let me sum up for you: she wants fried ice, right now.

TFH June 2, 2014 at 20:49

BoomersGreatestGen® June 2, 2014 at 21:32

@Elmer
“Later she chastised me for not watching something “romantic”.”

Elmer, your wife is from Vietnam? Then I have an excellent romantic film she’d like and in fact, Price should review it. It’s called The Lover and was written by Marguerite Duras about her life in French Indo-China in the 30′s. At 15 she takes a lover, a Chinese man in his 30′s. It’s really a very beautiful story.

“The old guy mentions “spinsters”…….

Spinster does commonly mean an unmarried female usually past child bearing age but used legally it can mean any unmarried adult female.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 2, 2014 at 22:02

Sometimes the word bachelor is used to indicate an unmarried adult man. You find a lot of these terms in Wills and Deeds when they have to be very precise. Married people were considered a unit so you’d see things like John Smith et ux. They’ll list children and indicate if they are infants and the time the document was made. And sometimes even list illegitimate children as for example, James Smith,Bastard, so that the court knows that this kid is illegitimate and doesn’t have any rights under the law to inherit. The kid may be listed and left a dollar or something to show that the legator knows this kid is around and to prevent him from making any claims on his estate later and in today’s world of DNA this would be easier than in the past even though States still don’t recognise bastards.JFK probably had illegitimate kids (of course not named in his will) but they still couldn’t make any claim with the probate court because in Mass. bastards cannot inherit. But I’m sure that females make claims for things like child support if the kid is a minor from the estate and perhaps even if it’s an adult kid claiming that she spent x dollars on the kid in the past.
In today’s world where so many people are unmarried with kids many of these laws may have to be changed if some States haven’t already done it.
But Spinster is still used :o )

Obbop June 2, 2014 at 22:12

If the wench can cook a decent meal and keep the shanty clean, do the laundry and the other sundry household tasks I will do the chores that dudes typically do along with the tasks that are inherently risky such as working at heights, machinery, etc.

And, no whining and filling the shanty with whining. That is not allowed by male or female.

If the dame can pass muster I will consider the possibility of initiating the intensive training the vast major of USA broads require to become worthy of a decent, civil, level-headed, law-abiding civil gent.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 2, 2014 at 22:20

If you ever sue a feminist even if it’s just in small claims court always write in the caption her name and this for example-Betty Ballbuster,spinster (defendant) You’re indicating that she’s an adult female and is unmarried.
I don’t know every State but it wouldn’t at all surprise me if in some places a husband can be held partially or even in full for his wife’s debts especially in community property states. Sterling’s wife of 50 years was smart to sue V. I don’t have the complaint but you can be sure that there are also demands for injunctions in there barring her husband from giving this female any money etc and also prohibiting this V from taking anything from him. This guy’s already given her $2m and if he really is getting senile who knows what he might have given her in the future. When you’re married you’re not really free in these States like Cal.

Marcos Brazilian June 2, 2014 at 22:57

Are you sure she is only 33.
Her nose already is growing cartillage, and the drop is tipping, and it looks like she has the tendency to develop a fence between the narines.
9 times out of 10, pictures with dark glasses are a sign of wrinkly eyes.
Her ears, well, they remember my grandfather.
And to top it all, saggy tits and an flacid arms with a tramp stamp tatoo.
She should try dating Stevie Wonder.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 2, 2014 at 23:27

All that I can say to Tricia Romano is this, ‘beggars can’t be choosers’ :o )

fmz June 2, 2014 at 23:51

Nice tat.
Better sun glasses.
Lovely head.
Great brain.
Ya dumb current.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 3, 2014 at 00:20

“Like I said above, the reason women hate the tech industry so much is that it results in money showing up in the hands of men that their 10,000 BC hardwiring tells her are unattractive.”

That couldn’t possibly be true. First of all, tech jobs don’t pay that much, the market is over-saturated, and companies are also looking to hire Indians etc and pay them less.And as Price said, they have to work 3000 hrs a year.PLUS, they have to live in areas where expenses are high. So how do they have any money? You’re also saying that men who work in tech are somewhat nerdier and less attractive than average men and I doubt that is true.

“The corollary of this is how thousands of women write love letters to serial killers.”

In a country of 150m females you’re talking about a tiny fraction of 1% of the females and when you consider that 1% of the population is suffering from some sort of psychosis these letters really mean nothing. You make it sound like all females are in love with murdering thugs. I don’t know of even one woman who would do this and I certainly know a lot more than you do.In real life these thugs look like degenerates and not like some actor who played them in some Hollywood film.Warren Beatty lol played Clyde in the film Bonnie and Clyde but Clyde was like 5’4′ in real life and looked like a homely looking yokel. And the females who write guys on death row are crazy and fugly looking like that girl with Charles Manson.

Luke June 3, 2014 at 01:39

re BoomersGreatestGen® June 3, 2014 at 00:20:

Read the online essays “The Garbage Generation” by Daniel Amneus and “Home Economics” by Roger Devlin and get back to us. Your level of informedness is so out-of-date, so inaccurate, that it’s not worth the trouble for anyone to try to one-on-one bring you up to speed.

Opus June 3, 2014 at 03:05

BoomersGG is quite correct; one does indeed write (say) -v- Tricia Romano, Spinster, (or Married Women) Defendant. If you want to be subtler you can write -v- Tricia Romano, Femme Sole Defendant but equally -v- W.F.Price (male) Defendant. One would not write -v- W.F.Price married man (or Bachelor) Defendant. One would not use the epithets Mr, Mrs or even Ms nor would one write Sir for that would be written William F.Price Knight Bachelor or Tricia Romano, Dame. Not that I have ever known a Judge to reprimand for mistakes of this type indeed my recommendation is that if you are acting for someone important make this very clear. Judges are always impressed by celebrity.

Robert What? June 3, 2014 at 09:04

I really don’t want to dump on her, because her future doesn’t look bright. Although there are plenty of older, thirsty white knight suckers out there for her if she becomes a bit more realistic. And then in ten years she can frivorce the guy and take the kids, the house and half his money (assuming she could even have kids unaided at this point, which is doubtful ) I feel sorry for her even though her predicament is mostly of her own doing.

WBV June 3, 2014 at 18:44

The reason why the men who are in the league of ugly old cunts aren’t appealing is because they aren’t inspired to be appealing to ugly old cunts.

WBV June 3, 2014 at 19:06

BTW, she’s reinforcing the notion that men are useless unless they are attractive to women, which is why Elliott Rogers just went on a murdering rampage.

To end misogyny, we need to educate men on how overrated pussy is – virtually all its owners have a few of the following: ugly face, concave breasts, loads of fat, near-anorexia or anorexia, old shriveled body, very old and very shriveled body, busted teeth, straw hair, crippled.

As for a life partner, you have to tolerate a combo of the above PLUS some of these: too weird/annoying/dorky, a bitch, masculine/dykey, excessively unhappy/whiny, dumb/boring, humorless/perpetually offended, cheater, user/broke/loser/parasite/gold digger/lazy/traitor.

Go your own way.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 3, 2014 at 22:44

@Luke
Am I not living in today’s world? Did I somehow just drop out 30 years ago and am living in a cave? I am not only living today but I’ve lived through a couple of eras that some Millennial wouldn’t even be able to understand and whose knowledge is just something he’s seen a film.
And btw, how old are you and where do you live? I’s like to know how and where you became so worldly and sophisticated? If you knowledge is from the Internet then I’d say to throw your computer away because you getting a skewered picture of things filled with a lot of misinformation and disinformation.There are a billion people on the Net today and it’s not hard to get a few thousand to follow some pua blog.Pua is nothing new and is not any different than the books and tapes sold 40 years ago about How To Pick Up Girls. They try to give it a veneer of some sort of “science” but it’s just the same old bullshit and the same gullible boys are buying it like it’s some new religion.They so want to believe this nonsense will work that they get really offended when someone explains why it can’t work. I’m afraid that there are some men who just have it and find women and others don’t.Before the Internet you had these loner boys who would probably just come home from school and watch TV or read a comic book and maybe had another loner friend. Today, they have computers and can pretend they are some alpha internet warrior in their fantasy world and on pua blogs. Some of these pyjama boys even believe they have a “girlfriend” (some girl they texted on the net and maybe texted them back once lol) They also get really excited if some girl gives them her number (usually fake) and think that’s a big accomplishment.Wow a real pickup artist lol
And btw, don’t pay any attention to up or down votes. I must have mildly mocked some of these pua nerds and being the petty pyjama boys who have nothing else to do will always downvote me regardless of what I write as some sort of “revenge” for shaking their precious beliefs. I just find it amusing.
And as far as girls being attracted to criminals it just doesn’t happen in real life outside of a few psycho females. Imagine any decent girl receiving a letter from a prisoner. There’s going to be in big letters on the envelope that’s it’s coming from a prison and everyone from the postman to perhaps her mother will see it (lawyers get these things from clients too but delivered to their office so it’s no big deal)
PUA’s are always talking about the “bad boys” getting all of the girls but these guys are not really fugly looking degenerate criminals.They’re just better looking guys who have a way with women and perhaps a bit of the don’t give a fuck attitude and ride a motor scooter or something which females find more attractive than them with their pyjama boy bitching all of the time and boring attitude.
OK you can give me the downvotes now but remember that that’s the only power you’ll ever have in life haha

BoomersGreatestGen® June 4, 2014 at 02:20

@Luke
Did you actually read some essay or book on the Net? Well, I guess that makes you an expert on a subject lol
This is all repackaged stuff that I’ve read before you were born.

DCM June 4, 2014 at 02:39

“WBV June 3, 2014 at 19:06

…….the notion that men are useless unless they are attractive to women, which is why Elliott Rogers just went on a murdering rampage.
………”

That’s exactly right. Men are evaluated by whether or not that accompany a female, and then by the apparent quality of the female. Since I stayed single and seldom dated after about age 30 I was subject to all manner of harassment by men, usually accused of being queer by them and somehow ineffective by females. I refused and refuse to be defined as adequate only if accompanied by a female but that’s a hard tradition to ignore.

kuis June 4, 2014 at 13:50

“Men are evaluated by whether or not that accompany a female, and then by the apparent quality of the female”

Yes and this is especially apparent if the woman is perceived to be above your SMV I dated a woman from Greece years ago that was most guys i know rated as an 8. Because I’m a short guy with a receding hairline, about half the guys i ever came across were surprised i got her and about 80% of women were too. I could just tell by their responses.

Contrary to what people think, having a looker by your side isn’t always seen as a positive. Most people assumed i had money even though i was making an average wage and she hated being viewed as a gold digger.

We live in an incredibly fucked up society.

W.F. Price June 4, 2014 at 14:07

-kuis

Add to that the amount of aggression and pickup attempts you’ll have to deal with every time you take her out in public. You almost have to be a trained fighter just to hold your own. With some girls I went out with, it got to the point where I’d tell them, just for the sake of keeping the peace, to deliberately dress down and hide their “assets.” Otherwise, there’s just going to be trouble on the street…

EB June 4, 2014 at 16:39

kuis June 4, 2014 at 19:53

“Add to that the amount of aggression and pickup attempts you’ll have to deal with every time you take her out in public. You almost have to be a trained fighter just to hold your own”

The men here are less aggressive than in the U.S, so that was something i didn’t have to deal with often, but i’d be lying if i said that i _never_ had to deal with it at all. She had that sexy exotic tanned look that a lot of men go absolutely crazy over, and some of the dudes that approached her were tall muscular type guys that i would have never been able to take down, so I had to be cool about it to avoid conflict.

BoomersGreatestGen® June 4, 2014 at 22:16

@EB
Honey, Please!

Of course men get older and may not get better looking but only some silly girl would refer to a boy as “hot”. Men get older and look like men. Your “lose your boyish good looks” where the boy still looks like a kid who is still undeveloped and rather feminine and faggy looking does not appeal to real women. That’s something that some ‘tween girl thinks looks good eg Bieber because they’re not old enough yet for a real man and it frightens them a bit.

“As a matter of fact, after 25, the majority of you will go the route of K-fed and/or Rob Kardashian”

These two look like average young men their own age. Not kids and not old. After 25? lol At 45 a man is about the same as 25 while a female is 5 years past menopause, lost most of her oestrogen and is really starting to look old.And as far as looks, men and females are not judged the same way. A female’s looks are related to her fertility and once that’s gone so go her looks. A man can reproduce at any age and there is not deterioration in sperm contrary to what feminist bullshit you may read. Sure, if he’s very old(usually beginning at 80) and has that decrepit look he may be too old and it may effect sperm but by this time he’s lost any desire for sex and probably couldn’t even perform.Some 50yo “cougar” is a joke because she’s 10 years past menopause and has lost everything required to look good and attract a man. Don’t believe these pictures that you see of these females because it’s all artificial.I’ve shagged females from 17 into their 40′s and can tell you that even an ordinary looking girl at 20 (they all used to be mostly slim) is better than the most beautiful female in the world at 42 who was a beauty herself at 20.

“At that point, the only younger women you can get are either teen moms, gold diggers, or foreign women looking to use you for a visa. Men have been sold a George Clooney fantasy.”

Clooney is an ordinary looking man of his age who happens to be an actor but I’ve never thought much of him or could see what was so appealing compared to other men his age in my area. Sure, there may be some men who look like wrecks when they’re older but you should see what their women look like! lol
I don’t know any unwed teen moms, that must be something that exists in the hood or Trailer park (the really bad one) so I’ll leave that to you.
Golddiggers? All females rely upon men so basically they are all golddiggers regardless of age.However, I hardly think that taking her out or buying her a gift for her birthday makes her a big golddigger lol
Visas? I don’t know any poor girls from 3rd world countries who may be inclined to grab a man just for the visa.The foreign females that I know all have advanced degrees and are not looking for visas and besides they could get a visa themselves if they wanted to and don’t need my assistance.

Anonymous June 5, 2014 at 05:11

@Opus
You’re bring too generous This is how I’d rate them based on Dalrocks pic in NY. None of these girls at this literary party are good looking but a few are passable.

Kristan, Wells, and Isabell are probably like a 7 but they are all ageing and have seen better days.

As reference Betty Friedan is a 1 for being alive (when she was)

Romano is like a 2-3

Shlomo Shunn June 5, 2014 at 07:59

Romano: hard, bitter, aged cheese often noted for being grating.

‘Nuff said.

Shlomo Shunn June 5, 2014 at 08:42

> “Before she moved to Seattle she was with Village Voice in NYC. I found a few pictures of her at a cocktail party back in 2007 (pic 1, pic 2). ”

OMG! She was a short, squat, sexist fatted/tatted cow even then…7 years ago.

What sane hetero male would want her? A walking mountain of misery.

Blecccccccch!

TPH June 5, 2014 at 14:58

“For Reifman, the number of men versus women presents a challenge for guys like him—he can’t seem to get a date or hold the attention of the women he’s courting because, presumably, he’s got so much competition. But the reality is that all he has to do is have a personality. I’m serious.”

I’d say the author Tricia Romano is getting a bit frustrated that she doesn’t have the vibe of youth and a plethora of men willing to throw money at her to get access to her vagina. Let’s face it, she was a party girl who partied her 20′s and 30′s away, managed to get a job and now wants a man to measure up to her 100 point checklist, be funny, and not a nerd. Too bad for her the badboys grew up and put their efforts, money and talent somewhere else other than for her gain.

Nothing more laughable than women in their late 30′s to late 40′s complaining that they can’t find a good man. I think it might have do do with the fact that the men Tricia Romano shames and wrinkles her nose in disgust will continue to move up in their careers and find plenty of 20 something women who will gladly hook up with them because of the $$. These guys aren’t stupid. They stand a chance of making a large amount of money if they make the right decisions in their careers, and that’s what pisses off Tricia Romano. They aren’t going to those $$ on her. She’ll have to settle for a 50 something guy who won’t get married again and insists on keeping their finances separate, or become the cat lady with a houseful of spitting, hissing, bitchy cats, just like her.

sestamibi June 7, 2014 at 09:35

Nice tits. I’d hit it.

You’re right about the tat, though.

lovelost June 7, 2014 at 13:32

she is ugly

BoomersGreatestGen® June 7, 2014 at 20:39

@Kuis
“This Romano bird is really very typical. I have met so many of them in my life and i’m in my mid 30′s. I hate to think how many I’m going to come across in the next 5-10 years!”

You shouldn’t be coming into contact with any of them because you shouldn’t even be talking to them.You should only be thinking about what you want.She had her day 15 years ago and you shouldn’t have to settle for some female who is on her way down and is only going to get worse with age.If she wasted her youth that’s her problem.Don’t go around looking for problems because you will find them. At your age the girl should be college age or early 20′s, and even here you have to choose wisely, you need sort of an instinct for these things even if you just want her as a fuck buddy.You don’t want any 35yo because at that age she always has baggage and has become cynical. At 35 she may have been married and divorced, or has a kid, or has debts,she may get fat as she approaches menopause,there’s probably some ex husband or bf in the picture somewhere etc.. All of these things are going to effect you.Stay away from Internet “dating” sites, these females all have baggage and are defective. An ordinary female doesn’t need a dating site and could find a man at the supermarket or someplace if she wanted.No, females rarely approach a man but she’ll put herself in your proximity, you have to pick up the subtle signs and make the next move.Don’t believe the nonsense you read on the Net or with these pua sites, it’s all bullshit.These are either young inept boys or men who are so defective that all the “game” in the world won’t get them a girl.They don’t have the slightest clue about why women don’t find them attractive and think there’s some magic bullet that will make females fall at their feet lol Females, aside from some silly teenybooper, have an instinct to hide their feelings when it comes to a man, sort of like an animal that hides it vulnerability if it’s injured or sick.If they’re interested you’re only going to get very subtle cues, you have to be experienced enough to pick them up.If John Ham went into a department store to buy something and the salesgirl knew who he was she’s not going to start gushing all over him even if she’s having the gina tingles and is about to have an orgasm lol Another thing, you have to be where there are women and can’t just sit in your pyjamas talking to other nerds on the Net about ways to get women.

EB June 8, 2014 at 22:44

EB June 8, 2014 at 22:54

EB June 8, 2014 at 23:00

Libertardian June 9, 2014 at 19:39

@Charles Martel
“It’s all about the money. Tricia is disgusted that these boring men have money and she doesn’t.
It’s just so downright unfair that the men with money are boring and the interesting (i.e. sexy) men are broke.”

Yep. These men are “boring” and have money for the same reason – namely, they spent their teens and 20s studying/working their asses off as the STEM fields demand, instead of partying it up like Ms. Romano, her contemporaries, and the bad boys to which they gravitated. They’re also “boring” because their interests tend to run deeper than what was on Keeping Up with the Kardashians last night. (These days, a good definition of “sperg” might be “someone who can’t hop from one vacuous topic to another every 30 seconds for at least an hour”).

As another poster suggested, since no meal ticket seemed to be forthcoming from the bad boy quarter, the annoyed Ms. Romano is now reduced to hunting for it amid the “boring” guys she was happy to shun for the past 25 years or so. But never fear, President Hillary will probably impose a bachelor tax.

Tam the Bam June 11, 2014 at 06:06

Dear God! Personal remarks are, I know, thoroughly infra dig., but ..

.. she looks like Gail “The Camel” Tilsley’s plainer sister.
(Off of Corrie, Swithers might know what I’m festering on about. Opus, definitely not).

What the hell does she expect?

Anonymous June 12, 2014 at 17:38

Waahburger with a side of French Cries for Ms. Romano…

Savvy June 20, 2014 at 02:45

I met my husband when he was about to turn 50. He is an engineer who works at what he calls a “sausagefest” or mainly dudes. It’s hard for a somewhat nice guy engineer (and self-confessed sometime jerk) to meet girls when he works in such a location. I was a teacher, which is mostly females. My point is that love can happen for the middle-aged and even for the ugly, and then they date to get to know each other. My husband is also into foreign films, anime, art, and judo. We are actually a great match, though I am limited to a white belt in 4 martial arts. Do we sometimes have communication issues? Sure, who doesn’t?

Sometimes when dudes date, they talk about themselves to try to impress a girl. It comes across as being self-absorbed. Getting to know someone is about connection. She could have said something about this, such as, “Is there anything you would like to know about me?” Matched with a smile, it usually gets the message across. If it doesn’t, maybe it’s just not a match. And that’s life.

James June 25, 2014 at 10:47

Don’t get me wrong, I think she’s physically attractive.

But she’s NOT attractive in general. Her exterior looks are decent enough, but what is behind that facade is ugly to the bone.