Swedish Equalism Endangering Lives

by W.F. Price on February 20, 2013

Since the late 90s, Sweden has mandated equality in firefighting jobs, which has required a severe lowering of physical standards to bring women into the force. According to Dispatch International, a Swedish magazine, female firefighters take more than ten times as long to open reinforced doors, which would leave most people dead if they were trapped in a burning apartment for that long:

If your apartment catches fire, firemen need to get in there fast to save you. A common apartment door can be forced open in 10 to 20 seconds; a security-enforced door takes 45 to 60 seconds.

Now information has leaked that female firefighters take more than 10 minutes to break through a secured door.

“If this is true, it is deeply serious. After that amount of time, there will be no life left to save on the other side,” says Henrik Persson, fire chief in Höganäs.

After the article in Dispatch International on January 26th [not in English!] on how the diversity agitation within the Emergency Services South endangers public safety, the editors have received several hints about how bad things are in Swedish fire brigades. The situation seems to be worst in the city of Lund, whose fire brigade has been highlighted as “exemplary” due to an almost perfectly equal gender balance.

Unfortunately for Swedes, firefighting conditions have been getting more difficult as the country becomes more like the rest of the world (i.e. more diverse), which has prompted many Swedes to enhance security, and therefore increased the time required to break through doors.

“The conditions when saving lives in buildings keep getting tougher. It is more common now that that we encounter security doors of various classifications when we need to enter an apartment,” says Henrik Persson.

“Forcing oneself through a security door requires strenuous muscle-effort and teamwork, under intense time pressure. And although I do not know of the specific exercise in Lund, where women took eleven minute to force the security door open, I am aware that competence is falling in several areas, simply because the demands for physical strength have been lowered.”

Can people survive eleven minutes in a burning apartment?

“No, after eleven minutes there is, in theory, no life left to save on the other side of the door,” replies Henrik Persson.

How many lives is enforced workplace equality worth? This is an entirely fair question, because we must ask at what point the right to life is trumped by the modern privilege of pretending that men and women are exactly equal in every ability. Unfortunately, I doubt an answer will be forthcoming.

greyghost February 20, 2013 at 17:07

The Swedes brought that on themselves. The best course of action is for cell phone vidoes of people jumping from buildings and burned bodies showing up on video blogs that have civil war fotage and car wreck death scenes. They need that more than anything. Sometimes it is better just to suffer because women “are not going to give up the gains made in the fight for equality.”
I’m waiting for this to happen in the US military the sooner the better before the Fuehrer decides it is neccesary to disarm the public to advance the control the government has.

Anonxcf February 20, 2013 at 17:14

You know that this just means that the firefighters tasked with breaking down the doors will be the men. I doubt a feminist would even think twice about this, or even most people for that matter. Hell, I’ve heard the justification that “the women are just there over the weak men” once or twice, which actually manages to blame some fictional men for the whole scenario.

Obviously.

Wilson February 20, 2013 at 17:17

I assume that in practice the females hang back and straighten out the hoses or something. A socialist state will probably employ 2-3 times as many employees as are actually needed, so as long as men are allowed to make up at least a minority of firefighters the job will get done.

Lyn87 February 20, 2013 at 17:17

The U.S. military has been like that for years. I like to post links to the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) standards because they show the simple FACT that women are held to lower standards than men, and no amount of “But Grrrrlz Are Gud Soldures Tooooooo” can change that.

Since I got out of the Army about a year and a half ago, I looked up what I would have to do to pass the APFT if I took it today at my current age. The answer was 25 push-ups, 30 sit-ups, and a run time of 19:30. That is the absolute minimum to get the lowest possible passing score of 180 points (must get at least 60 points on each event). A woman my age who did that would receive 234 points. That’s a 54-point bonus just for having a uterus.

On a lark I decided to compare the requirements for a guy my age against those of a women half my age. I would have to do 7 more push-ups than a woman half my age. I would have to run 6 seconds faster than a woman half my age. The only test where the requirements are the same is the sit-up event. In other words, if I achieved the minimum passing score for a woman half my age I would fail the test in two of the three events.

Then I compared the requirements for 17-21 year old soldiers. If a female did 36 push-ups, 72 sit-ups, and made her run in 16:24 she would get a score of 270 and be awarded a fitness citation. That would give her “promotion points” as well if she was enlisted. If a male soldier turned in the exact same performance he would receive a score a 195 and be reprimanded for failing two of the three events. Not only would he not get bonus points toward his next promotion – he would actually be ineligible for promotion until he did well enough to pass.

I sure hope those Swedish chicks look hawt in their fire-girl uniforms – because they sure aren’t good for much else.

Reginald February 20, 2013 at 17:37

Thank you for the laugh. I figured that was the case and it’s a matter of time before it happens here in the US.

Do I want the 200lb guy to pull be out of my wrecked car? Or the 110lb woman to stand around posting facebook updates while I bleed out because she can’t do much more than that.

realist February 20, 2013 at 18:56

It’s not a woman’s job to force open doors and they shouldn’t be expected to. Just like men are not expected to birth babies.

Hf February 20, 2013 at 19:11

The solution is simple. The human body is just going to have to adapt at how long it can survive in fires! After all, its not a woman’s fault that we die so quickly, now is it?

geographybeefinalisthimself February 20, 2013 at 19:17

“How many lives is enforced workplace equality worth?”

To Swedish feminazis, it probably depends on how many of the lost lives are male versus how many are female.

Gilgamesh February 20, 2013 at 19:20

Flammability is just a social construct anyway. Along with gravity and future time orientation.

Charles Martel February 20, 2013 at 21:03

Simple. Promote all the women to engine commanders or whatever the rank is and let the men do all the bashy, hosey, rescuey stuff. The dumb men are good at carrying heavy objects and the women with their superior communication skills are good at giving orders and talking to the press while looking cute in their sexy firegirl outfits. Any questions?

W.F. Price February 20, 2013 at 21:08

Any questions?

-Charles Martel

Jaego February 20, 2013 at 21:55

And who can forget Gloria Steneim’s advice to female firefighters unable to carry the unconscious: just drag them on the floor, it’s cooler down there.

DCM February 21, 2013 at 02:53

If commanders keep getting knocked up by subordinates you keep charging the latter with rape and forcing them to pay child support (the latter unless the commander cuts out and kills the kid).

minuteman February 21, 2013 at 05:56

Its likely that this decision will kill more women and children than men. If they are prepared to pay that price I say let them. My only concern is that I would be paying all kinds of extra taxes for a completely useless “service”. I suppose that could be said about the vast majority of taxes I pay.

keyster February 21, 2013 at 08:14

Not to mention all that IKEA furniture over there, made of cheap pine and plastic.

I’ve notice in the USA that the whole female fire fighter fantasy has quietly died down. I never see a woman on a fire truck or out in front of a fire house washing trucks, (unless maybe she’s up in the kitchen making sammiches). Female police officers are more common, because they can always call for back up. Any female fire fighters that are physically robust enough are usually promoted out of the rank and file within a few years, and paraded in front of the media at every opportunity.

The biggest diversity issue for fire departments is racial. Aptitude tests have to be adjusted based on race just to pass enough recruits. You’ll rarely see a fire department (or police dept) that’s racially diverse enough to represent the community it serves. Viable recruits simply aren’t there.

John West February 21, 2013 at 09:44

This horseclap all began when the women go the right to vote. What did you think would happen when we feminized our culture …. those who didn’t do this are getting stronger as the pussified west gets weaker, stupider and broker.

sestamibi February 21, 2013 at 10:13

My brother, who is a liberal idiot most of the time, suggested, when presented with the evidence of declining fertility, embrace of hardcore feminism, homosexuality and “diversity”, that perhaps the white race is evolutionarily inferior and destined to die out.

I think he got that one right.

Jamo- February 21, 2013 at 13:25

Welmer assed: [Sure, what do you do when the commanders keep getting knocked up by their “subordinates”?]

Jaundassed-Jamo anssard: [Get hoist upon ye own petard, if ye be libral!]

The Lib Dems have launched a review of how they handle allegations of harassment. It follows allegations made to Channel 4 News of sexual impropriety over a number of years by Lord Rennard.

Ode February 21, 2013 at 14:56

I think he got that one right.

History has made it clear that white people can open up a can of serious whoop-ass, even if outnumbered 2 to 1. All that is needed is the right psychological and cultural conditioning.

Venom Froggy February 22, 2013 at 01:12

@ Ode:

“When white people wake up one day and realize they are no longer the majority within the nation their forefathers have built, they will give up on white Liberal guilt ideology.”

If that day ever comes (and this is a very big “if”), you and I will either be old or dead by then. Because frankly, I just don’t see this happening anytime soon. If ever at all.

Anonymous February 22, 2013 at 04:55

Small price for “social justice,” comrade! You should thank you liberal betters! ;)

Human-Stupidity.com February 24, 2013 at 15:39

Great article.

Government have money to spare, so 60% of the fire brigade is inefficient (50% women with lower physical demands, 10% minorities with lower intellectual demands who can not read a map, understand how to handle equipment, etc).

compare Dangerously incompetent fire fighters, weakened by gender quotas, dumbed by racial quota nonsense

Jennifer seeger September 9, 2013 at 17:59

For your information. In the US female firefighters are held to the same exact standards as the men in firefighting. Nothing us lowered so that it be fair physically to a woman. If you are a fire woman in the US you can doing any task the same way with in the same time frame and lives are still saved. Woman have to work twice as hard to get there in the US but we do so in order to save people’s live effiencently. Sweden big mistake is lowering the standard. They are proving more equality but making the standard the same for both men and women that’s what should have been done in the first place. That way you don’t
Get Subpar firemen And women you get exceptional men and woman acrossed the board. I for one don’t want special treatment I want to do the training and job exactly like anyone else. Which I did it’s insulting to know that women aren’t held accountable to there full potential in Sweden