More on Sarkeesian: Transparency = “Harassment”

by W.F. Price on December 8, 2012

As Anita Sarkeesian goes jetting around the world, questions about her project remain unanswered, disgruntled supporters are banned, and rather than address concerns, she resorts over and over again to accusations of “harassment.”

After looking into the Anita Sarkeesian matter a little more closely, her first video is supposed to be coming out right about now (she switched deadlines after getting more money). She says it will be based on the so-called “Damsel in Distress” trope. However, following some confusion amongst backers a couple months ago, Sarkeesian has absolutely clamped down on any potential leaks about what’s going on, banning financial backers from accessing information about the project if they cause her any trouble.

The latest comment on her Kickstarter project site, posted several weeks ago by someone who goes by Schnide, suggests that not all is well amongst the backers:

schnide on November 21
@Anita
I was very careful to word my concerns in a respectful and considerate way. I meant no offence to you, but was expressing my concerns as someone who’s donated money to your project. If there is a shortfall in my understanding (and I’m certainly open to the idea that I’m sometimes wrong), I wanted to suggest to you that it may be a communication issue on your part and that how things were being presented weren’t doing your efforts justice. That was just as much for your benefit as for mine. If you’re in a position to know better and educate me, but your response instead is to get snarky and patronising, that says far more about you than it does about me and only serves to further my disappointment in what is a very noble and worthwhile cause.

Back in September, Anita posted a response to a critic that blamed him for exposing her to a “sustained harassment campaign” as well as “anger, vitriol, and misogyny”:

Anita Sarkeesian on September 6
Hi Michael (@theLEOpirate),
As one of our nearly 7000 backers you could have, at any time, asked me your question about the timetable or survey either in the comments or via private message here on Kickstarter. But you did not do that. Instead you decided to take a screen-capture of our backers-only update and immediately posted it publicly. And even worse, you uploaded it directly to the very gaming boards that have been organizing the sustained harassment campaign against me and this project. Predictably, that action ignited a new torrent of anger, vitriol, and misogyny from users of those sites which they directed at me via all my social media channels. The reason for making the project updates backers-only is to try to minimize this kind of vitriol while we are still in the process of making our video series. I even specifically asked backers to please refrain from sharing our in-progress reports publicly for exactly this reason. You ignored that request and as a consequence I received yet another round of threats…

This is the last we hear from Anita in the Kickstarter comments.

The best rundown on the trouble in Tropes in Video Games land is an article written for Destructoid. Stephanie K exposes some of the communication problems that have plagued the project, almost since its inception:

The Kickstarted launched on May 17th of this year. In less than twenty-four hours, it reached its $6,000 pledge goal. Backers continued to grow over the month resulting in Sarkeesian raising nearly $160,000 for the project by June 16th. From there, all updates were promised to be available only to those who backed the project; she went on to publicly display her research materials, over 300+ games, and provided an official update expressing her excitement. “I can now commit full-time to Feminist Frequency and to this video series which is truly a dream come true for me”, she writes. “I can now also hire my producer full-time for this project. Plus we are in the process of bringing another writer/researcher on board part-time.” With such passion and staffing, one would think that Feminist Frequency crew would be ready to tackle their production with full force.

Then there was silence…And then there was insubordination.

Nearly a month followed where no updates were given. Backers began posting comments on the Kickstarters’ page and reaching out to her Twitter account asking for some confirmation that the project was at least underway. Most questions, however, went unanswered. One backer mentions in the comments that he captured a screenshot stating an estimated date on one of the Kickstaters’ goals and Tweeted it to Sarkeesian asking for some explanation as to why the paid backers were being kept in the dark. The backer was then blocked from her Twitter and was ignored as a result. “I would be absolutely fine if she just responded to my tweet with a simple ‘Still working and capturing footage’,” wrote “Mike”.

[...]

After discovering the weeks of silence and apathetic responses, I did some research on the progression of her full-time commitment. Her web site has sat untouched since her last Tropes vs Women update on August 1st. At the time of writing this article, her YouTube channel had not been touched since August 12th with no new videos being uploaded since the initial promotional video for the Kickstarter. Up until a week ago, there had been no updates since the pledges were closed. However, she – or at least Feminist Frequency staff members – frequented Twitter (@femfreq), Facebook, and Tumblr regularly. While there is no doubt that such a project is difficult and time consuming to produce, she still had plenty of time to discuss Doctor Who with fans, promote other feminist blogs, and post pictures of herself with gaming memorabilia. Despite all of this activity, she was unable to provide any sort of update regarding the Tropes vs Women production.

“If she can’t take 10 minutes a fortnight (seeing as how it has been 19 days since the last update) to update her backers, then wtf,” commented backer “Bryan” on the Kickstarter comment page A statement that I can agree with even when being an outside viewer of the documentary.

Sarkeesian has been getting around — a lot. Just this week, she flew to Washington DC to give a ten minute talk at TEDxWomen. In October, she was in Sweden holding a “workshop” about her project at HUMIlab (Umea University). Sarkeesian insisted that video from the workshop not be made public due to fears of “online harassment” (could she mean questions from her backers?).

In the meanwhile, she reassures us that her “Tropes” project is “in production.” It appears that she edited her most recent post on Feminist Frequency yesterday or this morning (unless I missed the paragraph at first glance, and I don’t think I did), adding the following:

Also don’t anybody worry, my Tropes vs Women in Video Games series is currently in production, we’re working hard make these new videos as comprehensive and expansive as possible. And I’m pleased to say that progress is coming along nicely! As always, project backers will be the first to know of updates and details on the project so if you are backer make sure to regularly check the Kickstarter page!

Sarkeesian may yet come out with a product (the quality of which remains to be seen), but unless she can do it soon, questions will continue to mount. Her shabby treatment of male backers suggests an attitude of entitlement and privilege that is all-too-common amongst feminists, and if she ends up stiffing them I hope the guys get the message.

David H. Fucktrelle-Male Feminist Extraordinaire™ December 8, 2012 at 09:59

never ? a womyn…

her money, her choice….

El Bastardo December 8, 2012 at 10:01

I hope the guys get the message.

-Price

One could actually hope they already got it. I don’t care how good the equality is; though I would not hold my breath for even a fraction of the quality of a feminist like Spielberg’s for one second.

If you are going to pay a feminist; check them out first. If you don’t, dn’t be surprised when they take your money and run. If they can do it in a marriage with glee; they can do it with anything. Even eat their own kids.

Tom936 December 8, 2012 at 10:28

You and others said she would cry “harassment” at the slightest sign of scrutiny. And of course she does. Too predictable.

schnide on November 21
[snip]
my disappointment in what is a very noble and worthwhile cause.

People predicted this too. The white knighting backers won’t wise up. They may not back Anita Sarkeesian again, but they’ll continue to back The Cause.

Anita Sarkeesian on September 6
[snip]

But we never quite predict the depravity of the Feminist mind. She wants to talk about (really, slander) them, and doesn’t want them to talk back or even get a look in. Who’s hating on whom here?

@Welmer, you might want to retag yesterday’s post, the keyword “Anita Sarkeesian” was misspelled so it doesn’t show in search.

Uncle Elmer December 8, 2012 at 10:38

Carmen Adams is into one-night stands. No emotional entanglements, no messy break-ups. Wham-bam-thank-you, sir. Except for her damsel fish, that’s all she needs. They need her; she needs them. It’s a perfect relationship. Until one day someone breaks into her apartment and smashes the aquarium.

Shawn Zenon wants a wife and kids. He’s been through relationships over the years but never found the right woman. Till he meets Carmen at the pet shop where he works.

Trouble is, Carmen won’t acknowledge that they were made for each other. After all, how serious can he be when he laughs at her adoration for the damsel fish? No man truly in love with a woman, would laugh at her fish.

Can Shawn convince Carmen that love doesn’t always hurt?

Uncle Elmer December 8, 2012 at 10:40

This imbroglio is starting to sound like the plot to “The Producers”.

Coastal December 8, 2012 at 10:44

When, hell, doncha’know? Anything a woman doesn’t approve of is ‘harassment’. It’s the feminist equivalent of duct tape. It does for anything.

OTOH, just because these wimminz refuse to submit to any form of accountability whatsoever doesn’t mean that you’re not sexist if you prefer to hire Joe Getitdone instead. Ditto, the Glass Ceiling – aka the sexist process by which wimminz given high-profile projects, who screw them up are not promoted as a result.

Meanwhile, in so far as a lot of White Knights have now suddenly found themselves involuntarily exiled to Creeper Island, I guess we can count their donations to Princess Anita as a tutition fee for Getting A Clue 101.

Coastal December 8, 2012 at 10:50

@ Uncle Elmer

I think that’s proof that we’ve now passed the Satire Event Horizon where the parody is less ludicrous than the real thing.

Bill December 8, 2012 at 11:04

I hope this just goes to show these kick starter backers, how feminists waist their time, money and breath. “oh we will have it done by such and such a date”, when it’s not out people ask questions and she simply just brushes it off without any real acknowledgement that she failed to release it in time (wait you mean women arnt wish with time and money, shocker). Se is probably flying around using the money to pay for her “needs” while enraging women to the point where they become man haters. Oh well let her do this. The sooner people resize it is cpscrewed up, the better

geographybeefinalisthimself December 8, 2012 at 11:19

“disgruntled supporters are banned”

This one really takes the cake. I wonder if they will be able to get their funding back.

Uncle Elmer December 8, 2012 at 11:30

@Coastal

Please, I gotta get some work done and you are encouraging me to pen my long-threatened Spearhead essay The Emergent Self-Parody of PC Stock Photography in which I share my vast collection of ribald stock photos.

Opus December 8, 2012 at 11:31

Come clean Price (seeing you have been harrassing and stalking her all week!) – are you suggesting she is a con-women or merely an incompetent woman?

keyster December 8, 2012 at 11:36

I can tell you exactly what’s happening.
She has no real production plan, just a concept.
She’s a young urban-hipster woman with a leftist cause who wants to make a documentary film – – EASY MONEY BABY!

She could have chosen anti-fracking, the righteousness of OWS, legalizing pot or gay marriage, healthcare access for poor women, PTSD or rape among women in the military, etc. and so on….but she’s a young female documentary film maker – – she doesn’t have to be good.

There is no story written, no script, no story-boarding, no organization. She’s flush with more cash than she ever dreamed possible and she’s spending it to fund the only thing she really knows how to do; promote the Female Victimhood Narrative. She hasn’t written the story because she doesn’t know how to do it.

There are millions of Film School grads with no creative ability whatsoever, but they understand shot composition and lighting.

W.F. Price December 8, 2012 at 12:15

are you suggesting she is a con-women or merely an incompetent woman?

-Opus

One does not preclude the other.

JHJ December 8, 2012 at 12:21

Am I the only one who applauds Anita Sarkeesian? Nothing in the world pleases me more than manginas/white knights taking a good spanking at the hands of a feminist parasite.

It’s a marriage made in hell, but all the parties are so very deserving of each other you just can’t help to enjoy the spectacle.

Brad December 8, 2012 at 12:50

An article in an actual main stream newspaper, saying negative things about feminism! Hurrah ;) .

W.F. Price December 8, 2012 at 13:01

-Keyster

Not only does she not know how to write the story, she actually has no real idea what it’s like to be victimized, so she couldn’t pull it off if she tried. All she knows how to do is cry and point at the “meanies” — she’s out of her league.

The funny thing is if she does it herself it’s going to suck big time. But if she enlists feminists to help her, as women they’re all going to want an “equal” share of the money, because chicks never do anything for free. I bet she has already bought a new car, too — probably something with a $40k price tag. Unless she can find some dumb mangina who also happens to be a quality producer (not so easy to find) to do it for her, this is going to be pretty hard to pull off. Actually, she should have taken a page from the typical feminists, who take the money quietly and are very good at laying low until people forget they’ve been scammed or give up. But instead she can’t get enough of the attention — that will be her undoing.

Quite simply, she can’t handle the project herself, and I doubt she wants to give anyone else access to the funds or control over it. I can only imagine what a mess it already is.

But let’s all give her the benefit of the doubt, and keep up the attention until she finally forks something over.

Ghost December 8, 2012 at 13:22

If you want the real skinny on Anita, check out some videos on Youtube from Bill from Kentucky. He rips her the new-one by pointing out the fundamental error of, well, everything regarding this project

And this gal hits it out of the park

keyster December 8, 2012 at 13:34

I met an urban-hipster a couple of weeks ago who fancies herself a film-maker. She spent months shooting footage for a documentary on Prop 64 here in Colo. Her roommate was part of the “movement” and he gave her access to several operatives for interviews and such. Right now she’s trying to figure out how to cobble together hours of footage into a cohesive “trailer” with the hope of attracting funding.

I ask her what her story was and she said it was about Prop 64, how it started and what led up to it passing. Sounds pretty boring. And why does she need funding? “Something to live off of so I can finish it.” No story, no script, no plan…just some interviews with “activists”.

I was tempted to help her map out the project (produce it), but I thought about helping a girl being sexist and the thought passed. If she could just get to first base, she’d have no problem with someone funding it, because she’s a young woman film-maker with a leftist cause.

Now imagine a talented young man trying to produce a documentary on the Family Court system, single fathers and the child support racket. Ain’t gonna happen.

Anonymous Reader December 8, 2012 at 13:40

There is a nice parallel between this particular feminist bilking, and the lesbian “no men allowed and no refunds, either” film fest fleecing..

In both cases, men are expected to pay, get nothing in return, and STFU.

Not unlike Marriage 2.0, in fact.

W.F. Price December 8, 2012 at 13:45

-Keyster

From what I’ve seen from personal experience (10 hours or so in courtrooms), all you’d need to get plenty of shocking footage from family court would be about 16-24 hours (2-3 days) with a camera in a family law courtroom. Although there’s a lot more involved in making a movie, I’m sure, there’s no shortage at all of material.

Simply get a few shots of different guys’ faces when they lose their kids. Also, be sure to catch the constant stream of accusations, which are the norm in disputed custody cases. Add in a few interviews with the losers (AKA fathers), some time at county jail visiting guys doing time for being broke, and wrap it up. It wouldn’t even be hard to find real men shedding real tears. Despair pervades the entire business.

Kyo December 8, 2012 at 14:04

OT: Sixty-year-old guy asks a school girl for directions, and the police are alerted:

The Occident-like response from the police is depressing, but the comments on the story (which come from Japanese people, or at least Japanese speakers) are downright heartening!

keyster December 8, 2012 at 15:15

It’s not hard.
The trick is finding one or more volunteers willing to bare their life crumbling apart for all to see. Would you have wanted some guy following you around with a camera, capturing the most intimate moments of your pain for the silver screen?

The other challenge is finding a sympathetic audience. Film festivals are notoriously liberal, and conservative/Christian avenues have a problem with “male victims” of divorce – – as has been discussed here ad nauseum. It would have to be very balanced between male and female parties, showing the whole thing as tragic for the children. Male protagonist vs female antagonist only works in super hero comics and comedy. It’s a non-starter in “reality”, although perhaps the time is right.

W.F. Price December 8, 2012 at 15:49

It’s not hard.

Yeah, they might not let the cameras in on those proceedings, come to think of it. Doesn’t kill the idea, though.

I’d agree that you shouldn’t focus on the wives/mothers as antagonists. They are just opportunists, after all. The very institution itself is a foreboding enough antagonist — one that even women could be moved to dislike intensely.

Sympathetic audience? We have one right here. Starts with a few thousand people, word gets around, etc. It doesn’t need to be shown at a film festival to get views. Start small, I say. Find one guy willing to let you tag along as he goes through it. Tell his story on film, and from there you figure out how to scale it up. That one (Denver?) guy on the Discovery channel who got jobbed in his divorce got a LOT of attention. Just tread carefully around the kids. That’s where OC will try to nail him, as usual, so use only zoom or photos of them, and hide their identities until the permanent order is in place.

JFinn December 8, 2012 at 16:20

Everything hurts her. She’s acting like a damsel in distress.

TFH December 8, 2012 at 17:16

I dug a bit more into this…

She only asked for $6000 initially, and while the feminists and manginas gave her $160,000 (given that manginas have been doubling down on their whiteknighting since the start of 2010)…..

…. She only has to spend the first $6000 on the project. The excess money *should* be spent to make a better project, but as we know, quality does not rise in proportion to cost after a certain point (even on real projects, let alone this one).

So she *technically* is not committing fraud if she only spends a little over $6000 on the project and spends the remaining $154,000 on ‘promotional activities’ which can be a package that masks personal leisure….

So she fleeced other feminists, but is unlikely to be charged with any form of fraud….

TFH December 8, 2012 at 17:19

I would encourage some of you reading this to post this article and the other article WF Price wrote, on Anita’s Facebook page.

At least have some backers read this, and either ruin their day from the ‘misogyny’, or (in a few cases), have them realize they have been swindled.

TFH December 8, 2012 at 17:24

Keyster,

Why can’t it happen.

ManWomanMyth has produced some videos. They are not high-budget films, but are something.

I have encouraged him to start a Kickstarter campaign to get money to turn his vignettes into a real film, but he apparently hasn’t been inclined to do that thus far….

But getting such a film done (whether my MWM or someone else) is a lot more realistic than it may appear.

TFH December 8, 2012 at 17:45

Don’t forget the Brian Banks documentary, as a Kickstarter project that some of us in the Androsphere donated to :

Anti-misandry films can be done, and low cost. And one film is worth 100,000 blog articles.

W.F. Price December 8, 2012 at 17:47

I dug a bit more into this…

-TFH

Yeah, it’s pretty rich. Ms. Sarkeesian isn’t on the hook for anything over 6k. And in the meanwhile all scrutiny is “bullying” and “harassment.” It’s so shameless even her supporters will be embarrassed by it.

This is why crowdfunding is regulated by the SEC. I wonder, does Ms. Sarkeesian intend to profit from the endeavor? Will she be selling the videos she produces? These are legally relevant questions. Maybe she feels that, as a feminist, she doesn’t need to answer them, but the law’s the law, Ms. Sarkeesian.

I’d be worried about the same if I actually profited from The Spearhead, but I don’t.

zed December 8, 2012 at 17:48

If you rule out both conservatives and liberals as a potential audience, that leaves a pretty small niche to go after.

I doubt it. As long as Team Woman wins, you are not likely to gain much, if any, support from women in general.

Women don’t like weak men, and they don’t like losers. This whole “we want men to show us their vulnerable side” was a scam to get men to reveal the best places to stick the knives.

“The very institution itself” is an amorphous mass as hard to pin down as evil spirits. There are millions of White Knighting cops and judges, and gangs of rogue lawyers and prosecutors. The drug cartels of South America have nothing on these people when it comes to using violence to wipe out their opposition, and spreading the benefits around to enough ordinary people who have to support them in order to protect their livelihood.

If the specter of millions of dead babies per year does not motivate people to oppose it, I think a few crying men won’t have much affect.

If you can figure out a way to hook men’s adrenaline, and make them really angry, you might get somewhere. Terry Achane’s story might be a good one to cinematize.

TFH December 8, 2012 at 17:54

The real test is whether she has the chutzpah to try a second project and rake in another $150,000 for personal use….

Given how pathetic present-day manginas are, and how desperate they are to double down, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that Sarkeesian can earn $150K a year for a few years more, in this manner.

After that, more feminists will try to do the same, and the mangina money will be spread too thin.

TFH December 8, 2012 at 17:57

Also, note that the ‘video game mangina’ crowd who funded Sarkeesian is the same large gaggle who went apoplectic over PM/AFT’s article on the feminization of Science Fiction.

This crowd will soon be mined for profit by more people.

W.F. Price December 8, 2012 at 18:01

-Zed

Maybe not, but I always had a soft spot for Achilles, who is often crying like a little girl between his bouts of homicidal rage.

zed December 8, 2012 at 18:41

And it took those bouts of homicidal rage to make him a sympathetic character instead of just a pathetic one.

The film “The Best Years of Our Lives” won 7 academy awards, and jerked a whole bunch of tears, but it did little to lessen the country’s taste for chewing up the lives and bodies of young men in war.

“Men as losers” is an image which has skunked the MRM. People don’t always have to have happy endings, but where men are concerned they need to see redemption.

I think this post by M3 could be turned into a cautionary tale –
“here is another man who wanted nothing more than to be a good husband to some woman, lost to womanhood for good.”

Troll King December 8, 2012 at 20:07

If you really want to see who and what miss Sarkeesian is about then you guys need to check out this set of videos.

That is the first in a series and he went and found her masters thesis and dissects it. She is just as much of a feminist sheeple as she is a attention whore and drama queen scam artist.

Ecclesiastes December 8, 2012 at 21:38

This and that lesbian movie that booted all the males in the audience – it’s just like the joke, you know?

Guy goes to the door and knocks. A little slide moves revealing a pair of feminine eyes. “What do you want?” she asks.

“I want to get fucked.”

“Then slip $100 into the mail slot.”

He does and then waits … and waits … and waits … and then knocks. The slide opens and the voice asks, “What do you want?”

“I want to get fucked!”

“What? Again?”

Brad December 8, 2012 at 23:53

This isn’t surprising in the slightest. Sarkeesian took the money and probably bought herself a bunch of nice things. That’s fine with me actually as I’m glad the misandrists threw their money away. It doesn’t cost anything to make Youtube videos and only the severely mentally challenged think otherwise. What does that say about the bigots that oppose equality for men? Some MRAs should contact Sarkeesian and thank her for separating misandrists from their money because God knows they have way too much money anyway. I think we’ll all agree in telling Ms. Sarkeesian you go girl for the great work she’s doing scamming bigots that hate men.

Josh December 9, 2012 at 02:08

Do people know that these feminist shysters will not have to go to jail for the frauds they commit on the public ? …

… because other feminist shysters have created new laws and new procedures to pardon and to excuse female criminals from prosecution even for criminal re-offending … Provided that they maintain sexual harassment, rape or domestic violence excuses as part of the sham.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9721680/Women-to-escape-prosecution-under-reoffending-scheme.html “Women who commit crime will avoid prosecution by going on courses aimed at preventing reoffending under a controversial new scheme.”

Paul Murray December 9, 2012 at 05:23

“As one of our nearly 7000 backers you could have, at any time, asked me your question about the timetable or survey either in the comments or via private message here on Kickstarter. But you did not do that. Instead you decided to take a screen-capture …”

And we see the main technique of female argument in operation: go meta. Always go meta. Never answer the question or accusaton, always respond “why/how dare you ask that question?”.

She could easily, as part of this response, actually answered the question, and then also added “and BTW: dick move asking your question in this manner”. But she doesn’t do that.

greyghost December 9, 2012 at 05:57

Women don’t like weak men yes. So a documentary showing a man getting the shaft through family law needs to be framed not as a way to show victimhood but as a reason for negative action against women family and government. The film should be a male training type film on hypergamy,game , family law, cultural bias, and misandry, survival tecchniques for men,etc. In general red pill stuff we talk about here in the manosphere. A film about life of men for men. Men of experience speaking to young men about reality. If it makes young men hateful of women right or wrong so what. If young men decide society can go fuck itself and naturally live a MGTOW game some pussy as they need it so what. The government can now tap into its new pool of women and homosexuals to fill its ranks. Do not give a solution in the story line the end has to be depressing and generating that emotion that gets womens attention (government too) fear.
Other MRA type movies will be on sufferage. Take TFH start with a lesson on hypergamy ,status, concept of game, (why it is effective) team woman etc. Then pull up a mirror and start with women voting and fast forward to the police state we have now and the votes for Obama. Don’t forget to read the statements written in 1800′s and 1900′s against women getting the vote and them holding them up to present society.
A whole documentary could be done on the feminisation of the christianity.
A radical mra type can after about 3 years of various MRA films make a film on involuntary childless spinsterhood.
All will be very powerful with a frame of red pill fuck you. The whole MRM has been bluepill pleading for mercy going back to the early days. That shit just makes women and government worse.

Migu December 9, 2012 at 08:18

And that is why I went my own way.

I’ve been in the fight since I was 12 and my mother decided she was unhappy, then went after my father. She put me in jail for her own pot pipe. Then she asked me, in front of the detective, if I was covering for my Father.

My Father eventually defeated all these assholes, but he paid in blood.

He never pleaded, he read the law and won. Well, after 17 years minus 14% of his pension. So even though he was in the right always, it still got taken out of his hide.

That shit is not happening to me. My father taught me how to avoid it, and his lessons saved me in the eleventh hour about five years ago.

Thos. December 9, 2012 at 08:47

I work in tech and have seen people get hired to sit in the marketing chair. Often these are sales people who have no idea how to code HTML, do graphics, manage print jobs or do video.

Doing video is about the most expensive thing you can do if you don’t know what you’re doing. Sure, if she staffs it well, it may come out nicely but probably there are several other things she should be doing first such as primary research while the money sits in escrow.

Charging forth to make a video of decent quality when you haven’t decided what you’re saying yet is a great way to burn though cash.

keyster December 9, 2012 at 10:48

The Husband/Father as victim of some Family Court system is a challenging premise; not to MRA’s living in a “misandry bubble” of course, but to the general public. And I can’t see how there could be a redemption angle to conclude the story – – other than he regains custody after beating his ex-wife to a pulp in court or he gets a law changed.

Perhaps if our “hero” is gay or black or a soldier returning from war?
Or perhaps our hero is actually female, showing how she’s somehow victimized by the court system – – they are so rare though.
There has to be a leftist angle and I just don’t see one.

freebird December 9, 2012 at 13:35

I remember in high school they made us watch “Mechanized Death” a graphic film about car accidents.

There should be a movie about feminism and misandrist law that is also mandated for watching in the high schools.

will December 9, 2012 at 16:19

@Migu

Well as the hope of the MRM goes play to win.

nugganu December 9, 2012 at 16:53

I hope she gets gang-raped by a pack of jilted manginas.

Who gives a shit? December 9, 2012 at 17:03

Nobody cares what she does with the money. If anything, I’m thankful that she took those funds from the men and women that supported it.

As kickstarter has put forth before, $5 to $20 isn’t much to lose. Cheers to her.

Paul December 11, 2012 at 06:23

This is Anita $arkee$ian:

Sad.

HeeHaw December 11, 2012 at 09:41

This youtube video tears to shreds an essay written by Sarkeesian.

Cliff notes: She like to contradict herself and has no idea what she is talking about.