Anti-Feminism Selling Cars Now

by W.F. Price on December 8, 2012

Toyota has come out with an ad for it’s new GT86 sports car that features some rather hefty wives going postal when their husbands buy the car. Evidently, the first version of the ad explicitly encouraged men to live out their “inner chauvinist,” but was pulled due to feminist hysteria similar to the very behavior portrayed in the ad.

Advertisers are pretty well clued in where popular opinion is concerned, and it looks like they’ve decided that feminism is so unpopular that encouraging men to buy cars to defy it may actually work for Toyota.

Here’s the ad:

Zorro December 8, 2012 at 08:00

According to rumor (and several anti-feminist books I read recently) the president of Toyota said, after seeing sales spike in the U.K. after launching a particularly anti-male series of Toyota commercials, “When we trash men, we sell more cars.”

I would love to hear more about how advertisers (who are far more attentive to social trends than most people) are picking up on the social disgust with feminism. However, with women still in charge of 80% of consumer spending, don’t hold your breath. The bastards on Madison Avenue will gleefully sell men down the river for a 2% raise. Men, unlike women, Jews, gays, Russians and the disabled, are not a protected species.

geographybeefinalisthimself December 8, 2012 at 08:22

Good for Toyota.

Uncle Elmer December 8, 2012 at 08:27

Hilarious. No, I mean hysterical. I think the ladie’s rage is the realization that they don’t match the car.

R.Don Steele advises that after squaring away your crib and wardrobe, the car you drive should be an extension of your penis.

Price, have essay concept, see draft. Will proceed if approved.

W.F. Price December 8, 2012 at 08:32

@Elmer

Yeah, good find.

Opus December 8, 2012 at 08:35

I particularily liked the fact that as usual, all the violence is female.

Which language is it in and for what country?

George B. December 8, 2012 at 08:44

Well, it’s certainly better than an ad with a fumbling male buffoon and a wise female character.
It is also a form of unconscious / blue pill MGTOW advertisement.

W.F. Price December 8, 2012 at 08:45

@Opus

Flemish and French — it’s Belgian.

Bill December 8, 2012 at 08:59

I saw this commercial a few days ago, and I could not help myself from laughing. When the women came to the realization that THEY WERE NOT IN CONTROL, they freaked out.

Women control what, 80 percent of consumer spending. Consudering that they most likely only earn a total of 25 percent of the total income (earned and unearned) give or take a few percent., it shows you that they clearly make the decisions on men’s money (husbands to boyfriends). What this commercial did is basically say fuck you to women, it’s my money and I can do what I want with it. These women realize that they no longer have control so they throw a hissy fit.

I am personally not going to be buying a Honda anytime soon (I will stick to my payed off ford super duty because it will still be runnin for a couple more years, 125k miles). But anyway I have a cousin who works at a fairly larger luxury car dealership in Boston and every time we get together at thanksgiving he will tell me what the buying patterns are currently like. He specializes in convertibles and small sedans and the majority of his customers are women. He has had plenty of these yuppie women come in and take at a huge loan (like ten years) just to afford a bottom of the line BMW or whatever. Also the majority of the leases at his dealership are taken by women. But back to the story, he has a lot of these “housewives” that come in and they basically pay whith their husbands credit card and drive off really not knowing the difference between a explorer with escalade stickers to an actual escalade. These women just want he next new thing so it’s all about name brand. He was saying that the had a competition at his workplace to see who could sell a basic escalade at the highest price. His coworker Ben sold an escalade( basic) to this housewife at over 30k over sticker price. She just said how much and he quoted a random price and she said I will take it. These bitches clearly are an example of how most modern women control finances. Either they spend their husbands money (as they have since the beginning of time) or they take out a huge loan at like 10 percent intrest for like ten year just because they want the name brand.

Anyway, I thankfully own my own small business and get to travel a lot and I have dated quite a few of these “feminists”. They expect you to pay for all the dates and give them nice things in exchange for sex evey once and a while. I now have a rule which is basically, when I am in cities, I only pickup women and practice my game. I can’t stand their entailed attitudes so everytime I meet one I simply trick her into sleeping with me and then never talk to her again. I can honestly say I control everything in my life and I am much happier that I every have been.

keyster December 8, 2012 at 09:29

The EMOTION that it’s selling is gaining a sense of freedom and release through defiance of the figureless woman in your life. Man unleashed from conformity to the whims of “mother”. Go ahead and buy it without her PERMISSION; of course she’ll be mad, probably not talk to you for weeks, maybe even break a few things – – but the liberation of this experience will be worth it once you’re set free in the gravel pit, doing donuts around the bonfire with your buddies.

These ads, at least in the US, are very carefully tested among focus groups and surveys of screeners. “How did that ad make you FEEL?” Madison Avenue is controlled by feminist women and liberal/mangina men. There is NO WAY anything like that would pass muster here. Trust me, I worked with some of the biggest ad agencies – – they’re hopelessly Politically Correct, urban “artisans” out to score style points with others in the industry.

Here we have car ads that liberate women from patriarchy. She doesn’t need a man, she has the latest Cadillac STS that “when she turns it on, IT turns her on”. She can feel the “thrust” of the engine as she leaves the office to attend a cultural event downtown with her BFF.

Opus December 8, 2012 at 09:46

There is, I think, also a rather subtle sub-text – if you look for it – nearly all the wives in the add are seriously overweight and not very attractive, and also there is a large black-woman wife. The sub-text to all this is that these guys could not even get decent looking women; they were losers, manginas, but now they are breaking free. Love it.

Tom936 December 8, 2012 at 09:59

Great! I laughed out loud.

3DShooter December 8, 2012 at 10:09

The car is cheaper and you get to drive it whenever YOU want :)

Uncle Elmer December 8, 2012 at 10:11

“Yeah, good find.”

OK, marked as “pending review”, Bitch.

Huck Finn December 8, 2012 at 10:33

Very interesting. I think this ad is heavily directed to the emotional hot buttons of single and divorced men, and possibly to married men or men living with a Dom women sharing resources. Women may control 80%+ of a couples spending yet if that is all they market to then the car companies are losing men buyers who do not have to answer to a woman. I did notice that in most cases the women featured look more overweight then the men suggesting their man is the better looking of the two. This ad really targets male self-respect, pride, and freedom.

greyghost December 8, 2012 at 10:37

The closest thing to that ad I can think of in the US is the dr pper 10 ad’s. Those are still comedy but this toyota ad looked serious. h ah ha ha

keyster December 8, 2012 at 11:03

The closest thing to that ad I can think of in the US is the dr pper 10 ad’s.

NOW and the Women’s Media Center jumped all over that ad, which is why you don’t see it or anything like it anymore. When they shreik, ad agencies listen – – even if the ad is tongue in cheek, they’ll claim it’s “hidden patriarchy” or something.

“The new Dr. Pepper drink has “ten manly calories,” as opposed to Diet Dr Pepper, which has zero — in other words, zero calories is too prissy for men, but 10 calories are too many for women. After all, women are supposed to drink diet soda to look thinner, while men will want to use Dr Pepper 10 as fuel for their manly activities. Is the ad poking fun at these stereotypes? Perhaps. But it seems like the makers of Dr Pepper want it both ways — to appear to be laughing at misogynistic men while appealing to them at the same time.”

jimbo December 8, 2012 at 11:04

I think among other things, the add is intended to show men how good it feels, even euphoric, to make your own decisions for a change, to do something for yourself for a change and to tell your wife to fuck off for a change. Toyota is hoping that inside his head, (and they are betting there are many such men) he is saying, “ya, fuck the bitch. I might be stuck with her, but that means I can’t have some fun. I’m buying a fucking car for me and getting to tell her that the rules have change and to fuck off at the same time. And Toyota of course has the perfect car to help them regain their manhood… I imagine they will sell a few cars from the add.

brigadon December 8, 2012 at 12:55

heh, this kind of ad would have a chance in the US if it was for an S10 or hummer.

Joseph Vernon December 8, 2012 at 13:10

Isn’t it Ironic that these ads are from Scandinavia which is the hottest hotbed of feminism in the world! Perhaps the marketers are using Scandinavia as the testbed for advertising that if successful there, might be tried in other markets such as the English speaking world.

Huck Finn December 8, 2012 at 14:08

The ads feature men surprising their women with the car purchase after they got it home. Is Toyota trying to convince men to buy their sports car quietly? On one hand, one would think that Toyota could have used a strategy with the ad showing surprised yet happy and impressed wives when they were shown their husband’s new car yet that is not the approach taken. Advertisers are attuned to trends in consumer thinking and attitudes on a level far above the average person and even most politicians. Again, I really think this ad was indirectly target to the single and divorced male’s pride, freedom from a modern Dom womyn, and urge to let go be wild, free, and strong. The husband for many modern womyn is government. I’d rather marry a fast roadster.

Wulf December 8, 2012 at 14:57

Take it back!

Justinian December 8, 2012 at 15:47

Damn those women were ugly.

crella December 8, 2012 at 16:49

Wow. I know too many men of whom it was demanded that they sell something they loved ‘to have money to get married’. My brother sold a GTO and a classic Land Cruiser. It’s to assert dominance, it has to be, there’s no good reason for it.

crella December 8, 2012 at 16:50

Sorry, I forgot to log in before I commented.

Seanzo December 8, 2012 at 17:22

Wow, that is fairly intense, as commercials go. Toyota weren’t just dipping a toe in the waters with this one. Screaming, smashing of windows with baseball bats, tossing of possessions out of windows…

I’m not sure I like it. I don’t want to hear men saying “I bought the car because I was unhaaaaappy!”.

brigadon December 8, 2012 at 17:28

Slightly OT:

Wonder if that’s exactly what feminism is doing to the best husbands and fathers?

livingwell December 8, 2012 at 18:41

This is your life. This is your life married. Any questions?

zed December 8, 2012 at 18:45

How about –
“She fought the car, and the car won” ? ;)

scatmaster December 8, 2012 at 19:13

Those biatches did not seem to be acting.

Glenn December 8, 2012 at 20:36

A new day, gentlemen. A new day. Masculism is now, officially, part of the mainstream consciousness. Makes me wanna run out and buy a Toyota.

Anonymous December 9, 2012 at 10:19
crypter27 December 9, 2012 at 11:55

Amazing its like watching a Jet Lee movie where a bad guy says the most politically incorrect line you ever heard,where if it was a Hollywood movie. You would never hear it!

JFP December 9, 2012 at 18:58

Hilarious ad. In the U.S. its not called the GT86 but the Scion FSR. Car has nice lines, better than the harpies in the ad for sure.

Tom Smith December 10, 2012 at 06:46

While the message is to the men, do what you want- and buy the car you want, there’s one problem. The ad seems to promote the fact that violence, particularly the domestic kind- which is directed against men by women- is acceptable. It is not.

When I see this advert, what I see is that the guys in control- i.e. judges and law enforcement- are being “conditioned” to accept this level of violence from women. If a man through that sort of “hissy-fit,” he would be arrested, put in jail, charged with crimes, and his children (and home) would no longer be his. And this is the type of ad that “tells” the “powers that be” not to grant protective orders to men when women are the aggressive ones.

Sad statement about popular culture Mr. Price- this level of violence by women is now acceptable, is tolerated, and it’s likely to continue until someone puts a stop to it.

The First Joe December 10, 2012 at 13:25

Weird. From my observation women looove the shiny cars, (and are more likely to drive something like that themselves). :P

That said, this really is a blue-pill advert. Shocking to see on the mainstream. Especially mental woman smashing the windscreen! S’like a horror movie that bit…

Anonymous age 70 December 11, 2012 at 10:42

There have been statements by marketing gurus that women spend around 80 or 85% of all money spent. I certainly cannot verify that statement, but I did some figuring a while back. That means women spend all the money they personally earn, and also a full 50% of all money all men earn.

When you factor out the large number of men who are not married, and thus keep most of their money, it becomes obvious that married women get the entire paycheck each week from their husbands.

I also read that in one state, to refuse to give money to your wife when she asks for it, constitutes domestic violence. Not leaving her destitute, which might make sense, but simply refusing to hand over money when you are told to. Thus, not turning your entire check over on Friday makes you a wife-beater, subject to prison and a year without seeing your kids or living in your own house.

Wonderful! So, where do you sign up for this delight?

Don’t do it. Don’t get married in the US. It is now full fledged slavery, with jail for any man who does not obey her every whim.

zed December 11, 2012 at 11:01

Back when this epidemic of mental disease called “feminidiocy” (oops, I meant “feminism”) was just breaking out, there was cartoon of a matronly woman at what appeared to be a formal dinner party speaking to an obvious enraged young feminist –
“But, my dear, I DO receive a man’s paycheck – his.” as she points to her husband.

domestic discipline democrat December 15, 2012 at 16:18

What a weird ad.

On the surface, the message is pretty simple: “I’m gonna buy that red sports car and that’s all there is to it–you’re not the boss of me and you’re not going to coerce me with guilt-trips about how ‘selfish’ I am.”

But why are all the women pudgy and maternal-looking? Their round soft faces make me feel sad, especially the black chick, who looks severely stressed-out, like someone working two jobs to pay the rent.

Then there’s the emo soundtrack music and the slo-mo, saturated color video which evoke a nostalgia for freedom, for a time before responsibility and mortgage and the wife putting on weight, when we could drive fast with a car full of buddies, blasting music with our shirts off and weird, no-sideburns douchebag hairdos on our heads, drinking beer and doing donuts and four-wheel drifts in the old gravel plant parking lot.

None of those stories depicted in the ad ends well. None of those guys get to enjoy their new vehicle; because the wife is going to make them miserable.

The whole thing left me feeling bummed out.

Dejay December 26, 2012 at 13:26

If only such an ad could air in the states; only for Gloria Steinem and her gang of merry men to sue everyone involved.

So let me get this straight; if a guy makes a high-end purchase that his spouse doesn’t give him permission to get, she has the right to throw all of his belongings out of the house and bust the windshield out with a baseball bat? If I was married to a woman who looked like the ones depicted in this commercial, I’d buy two or three of those cars to help ease the pain of having to live with them. Just wow.

Fellas, this commercial has more truth in it than words could truly describe. If you don’t want to risk having your stuff thrown out of a place that you’re making the payments on because you made the stupid mistake of saving enough $$$ to buy a new sportscar/big screen/boat instead of another overpriced piece of jewelry that she’ll surely disregard after showing it off to her girlfriends, DON’T GET MARRIED.