“Independence” Lesbian Style: Male Filmgoers Ripped Off

by W.F. Price on December 7, 2012

A film about lesbian separatism in the 1980s was recently showcased at the London Feminist Film Festival, where it sold out in several venues. Before showing the film, and after a brief introduction, feminist Julia Long demanded that all men vacate the premises, drawing a mixture of anger and enthusiastic approval.

Although it’s pretty scummy to take people’s money and then give them the shaft like that, I think the men who paid to see the film got pretty much what they deserved. Additionally, this demonstrates exactly how feminism – even the “separatist” kind – really works.

From the article:

Some voices managed to come through about the actual film: people asked how women managed to fund their communities, which inspired Fougère to share some incredible stories about building houses simply from surrounding trees, or about how some women were split between still working “out in the world” but coming back to the communes as their homes. She made a comment that could have inspired a huge and fascinating discussion: “You did it for a year or two, but you can’t be an activist and separatist forever, you move back to your functioning toilet at home.”

In other words, it was a failure. I’d like to see the “houses” the women built from “surrounding trees.” Somehow, I doubt they were as impressive as what Dick Proenneke put together all by himself in the Alaskan wilderness. I doubt Dick had to rip off any women to fund his efforts, either.

Feminists are really, truly shameless when it comes to using men. They will steal, cheat and use people, all the while calling it “empowerment.” So why didn’t Julia Long demand that the film be marketed as “women only?” She wanted the men’s money, that’s why. Once they’d paid, they could be discarded, to be replaced by the next batch of fools when needed.

Of course, she’s instantly ready with a justification for false marketing and theft:

This small incident, and the responses to it, teaches us some important lessons about levels of misogyny in our society. It is clear that those making trouble and “sabotaging” the festival are those who complained and demanded refunds…

Yeah, the misogynists are the ones who wanted their money back. Typical.

Huck Finn December 7, 2012 at 10:01

Good. Her act was another tiny nail in the coffin of misandry.

keyster December 7, 2012 at 10:05

I’ve been doing some videography work for a local photographer. I had a job lined up to shoot a wedding. He called me a few days before and said he wouldn’t be needing me. He was training “a new girl” to shoot the video. “But I can do it! I’m already to go! And you don’t even need to train me!” I exclaimed.
“Yeah, thanks anyway but there’ll be something else coming up and I’ll give you a call.”

A come to find out later that it was a Lesbian wedding and that they very explicitly requested ALL HELP be FEMALE ONLY! No Males permitted in the building.

What happened to inclusivity and gender discrimination?
I wanted to file a grievance, but there’s no “National Organization of Hetero-Normative White Males”.

The “new girl” shot the video and it was a mess.
Guess who had to fix it in post….

geographybeefinalisthimself December 7, 2012 at 10:40

I wonder how many of the shafted male filmgoers were manginas/white knights beforehand, and how many will be recovering manginas/white knights afterwards.

zed December 7, 2012 at 10:47

The “new girl” shot the video and it was a mess.
Guess who had to fix it in post….

Anonymous Reader December 7, 2012 at 10:59

Forget a refund. This radfem should be taken to court, as the thief she is, and sued.

Keyster, +1 on Zed’s comment. Seems to me that particular photog has demonstrated he doesn’t need you to work for him. Not at whatever he’s paying, and maybe not at all.

Oh, and ask him if he’s planning any “all white” events, at which no “colored people” will be allowed, or if his bigotry only applies to men…

freebird December 7, 2012 at 11:06

Quite the metaphor for the matriarchal society at large,but the ticket but don’t get the ride.

If you complain it’s obvious it’s because you’re full of hate.
(buy more tickets)

freebird December 7, 2012 at 11:07

I hear ya zed,some jobs need to be refused.(for obvious reasons)

keyster December 7, 2012 at 11:15

Yes and yes.
Not a word to anyone about how bad the raw footage I had to work with was either. That would make me a whiner or a negative person that’s not a “team player”. I’m an old white guy competing for work with several hipster/artist “millenials” who have aspirations of being film makers. I have to be extra good, low-maintenance, dependable.

I need him more than he needs me. Film school graduates are lined up at the door, because there’s nothing else they can do in “their chosen field”.

Bill December 7, 2012 at 11:39

This type of stuff just shows true radical feminism and how it workes. I personally don’t have a problem with everyone competing on a fair playing field and women can go an chase the “I can have it all dream” , but what I hate is when rad FEM take over and put in place rules that hurt the competition (men , primarily white men). Can you amazing if the event was a video about gays and then the gay director or activist said all the women had to leave. You would not hear the end of something like that. They are able to get away with this crap now, but I can guarantee events and spectacles like these will only turn men off And right into the truth of what the feminism movenment is really is.

I kinda laugh at their ignorance because these lesbians clearly didn’t build the homes or projects by them selves. They have maybe “built the home” but certainty didn’t build it out of scratch ( they may have assembled it but it was most likely the prefab jobs that we are seeing in construction now). They most likely had an unlimited budget ( from all of those women’s rights groups) and simply took their time building it.

When feminist show their true colors like this, it will most likely educate the populace about the inequality done to men by these man haters. I love how ironic it is that these women call for equality but they pull shit like this. Well all I can say is I can’t wait till men as a whole start taking wind of this, and a few more spectacles like this is all we need to start getting the average guy to join the movement to unmask this hatred called modern day feminism

BigRed December 7, 2012 at 11:46

Seems to me the way to combat this (at least in the US) is refuse to leave and when the police arrive (and they will), get arrested. Then sue EVERYONE involved with the film and the film festival. Start with the police, the promoters of the festival, the sponsors, the producers of the film, the women in the film, the theater where the film is being shown… You get the idea. Put them all out of business.

zed December 7, 2012 at 12:32

Quite the metaphor for the matriarchal society at large,buy the ticket but don’t get the ride.

When I read it, it sounded just like modern marriage to me –
“give me your money, then go away.”

@BigRed –
I agree with Bill – the amorphous mass of liberal hipster manginae deserve to be separated from as much of their money as they will stupidly part with. The best way to combat it, IMO, is to treat going to lesbian films like an elective colostomy.

Doc December 7, 2012 at 12:37

Seems pretty typical of women in general… They scream when you say, “Um, I’m not getting what I’m paying for.”

Turbo the Drycleaner December 7, 2012 at 12:43

so how long until we have to give up our seats to go stand at the back of the bus?

Cultural_Expat December 7, 2012 at 13:02

What happens if I’m a woman stuck inside a mans body. Am I a man, am I a woman? What trumps what in the world of Victim Poker? Does a woman heart and mind trapped in a male body with a swingin’ dick trump a male heart and mind trapped in an angry menstating woman?…Oh boy…how to sort that out. No worries….not in line for that flick I wasn’t.

Lyn87 December 7, 2012 at 13:07

This event is a microcosm of what feminism has been doing for decades. The movement is based on the idea that women could jettison their obligations under the old social contract while men retained theirs. In this case they wanted to be able to charge for something then withhold delivering on their obligations after the fact – sort of like alimony.

In the larger picture, feminism sought to “Smash Monogamy” without realizing that the societal foundation their Utopia required was nothing other than Patriarchy itself. (The SoCons are actually correct: advanced civilizations are superior to primitive ones, and advanced civilizations are most successful under the conditions they strive to create. The only mistake most of them make – and it is a BIG one – is failing to acknowledge the degree to which the surrounding culture has become a minefield for men.)

Society cannot function at an advanced level unless a significant portion of men have a stake in the furtherance of that society, and men will not bust their balls to maintain that society if female hypergamy is unrestrained and male contributions are unrewarded. In other words, when feminism fought against the things that matter to average men, they sowed the seeds of their own destruction. The irony is delicious – only wealthy societies can afford expensive delusions (like feminism) but the only way for societies to remain wealthy is to sustain the conditions where average men can expect their hard work to translate into increased Sexual Market Value, and for the women of that society to be worthy of that level of sacrifice. That level of worthiness can only be determined by men. (Just as the SMV of a man can only be determined by women: the only rational determinant of value is this: what will a buyer give you for it?)

The old lesbos in the film eventually proved the truth of that by the fact that their experiment ultimately failed. Their little societies were utterly dependent upon the fact that they were surrounded by a large, wealthy, patriarchal society with a large, male-dominated military. Historically, a lesbo commune without that protection would have been immediately overrun and the women themselves turned into somebody’s property. And even WITH the advantage of not having to concern themselves with their own safety, PLUS access to the resources of the surrounding society, they STILL fell apart in relatively short order.

But, like I said, the theater incident is but a microcosm. Both lesbian communes and trendy independent film-makers can only exist in an advanced culture – a culture built upon an historical foundation of patriarchy. Property rights – which includes the right to receive relief when one is defrauded – is an integral part of any such society. By defrauding the male attendees of the price of their tickets they make themselves justly subject to forcible restitution to those they defrauded. In essence, the male attendees learned what no-fault divorce is all about – you pay up front, then the little women gets to send you away and keep what you contributed.

Granted, most or all of the men who would attend a film/discussion about lesbian communes are probably NOT M.R.A. sympathizers, but like the male children of the Divorce-Industrial-Complex, they got a front-row seat to what feminism ultimately means for men.

Like I and others have said before: some guys can only take the red pill as a suppository.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater December 7, 2012 at 15:09

I dunno, I’m kinda of mind that anyone going to a feminist film festival deserves what they get, but I guess I’m a horrible misogynist for blaming the victim..

Cultural_Expat December 7, 2012 at 15:55

In reply to Lyn87….whoa…so well articulated. I’ve had so much taken from me by the feminist movement and its mangina cohorts that i just really don’t give a shit about an advanced civilization. I will make as few sacrifices as i can and only to get by and to support other male victims of this decades old fruition of this movement. I’m just a male slave and the less i have, the less i produce, but mostly less for those self-actualization pursuits at the top of Maslows triangle that other who had that advantage given to them now just want to steal outright through any means possible. The future for these theiving self-actualizers may mean a plumber to flush the shit down or tickets to the NYU produced lesbo film…what will be chosen then?

GT66 December 7, 2012 at 16:21

A comment from that article somes up just what women think of sympathetic blue pill men:

“lesbiches, 07 December 2012 6:58, Recommend 14
Philman, 07 December 2012 5:11
“The criticism of the move wasn’t so much in protest at the creation of an all female space, but rather at the hypocrisy of excluding feminist men from a feminist debate.”

Any man stupid enough to call themselves a feminist and hang with the sistas deserves whatever the sistas dish out to them.”

Steve_85 December 7, 2012 at 18:13

I think I just became a lesbian/feminist seperatist.

TFH December 7, 2012 at 18:29

I see this is all-around good.

The manginas got ripped off..

And the few who were rudely surprised by this might become red-pill, or at least no longer be manginas.

Remember, since the start to 2010, I predicted that manginas would double down on their pedestalization. This is evidence of this, and more and more, the collapse of misandry is showing a recurring theme of costs being transferred onto manginas (who deserve to incur the costs just as much as feminists).

TFH December 7, 2012 at 18:31

Now, the question I keep asking…

Can’t both the men stiffed here, as well as the manginas who donated to Anita Sarkeesian, file a class action suit?

Sure, these feminists don’t have much money, but a lot of lawyers are desperate for work and want pro-bono cases…

Come on…. is there a lawyer in the house?

TFH December 7, 2012 at 18:43

I agree with the others…. these manginas getting ripped off is what they deserve.

And if 5-10% of them get pissed and start the red-pill process, even better.

Chris December 7, 2012 at 19:46

Time for some tactics. We will never win for the girl girl marriages: we have the EPS (Evil Penis Syndrome). So… use the bastard factor on them.

Bobbi “my GF and I are getting married and we want a photog and video”.

Owner “OK, we can give you our most experienced photog Bob and Videographer Joe”. They do good work (shows portfolio)

Bobbi “that looks fantastic but this is a woman only space”

Owner> Well there is the new girl. TNG is being taught by Bob and Joe, but her work needs review before we would ship it. THIS WILL COST YOU MORE.

Bobbi: How much

Owner $equivelant of hiring the guys in the first place.

Bobbi can always get the sistahood to use their phonecams.

Lyn87 December 7, 2012 at 20:50

Good point, GT66;

From what I understand, the men were asked to leave as a show of solidarity with feminism, as opposed to being forcibly excluded. In other words, they COULD have stayed although it might have made some of those “strong” women wet their big cotton grannie panties in fear and/or rage.

For a man to supplicate himself before strident feminists is like waving red meat in front of hungry wolves – somebody is going to get hurt. Feminists are – first and foremost – women, and women are naturally attracted to dominant behavior and repulsed by wimpiness. Feminist men are wimps, and the kind who would stoop so low as to attend an event like this are the biggest pussies of them all. What did they expect? They exhibited extreme beta behavior by their mere presence at the venue. Why would strident feminists allow such sexless drones to share “their” space? They get to pretend to be strong by exercising their privilege (the privilege weak men give to bossy women by deferring to them), and they simultaneously rid themselves of the presence of men who would never, EVER spark their hypergamous instincts.

If a few of the guys had told her to sod off and joined the subsequent discussion with well-articulated critical comments, they would have been viciously attacked by some, and eagerly bedded by others.

But no such men were in that venue, of course… The kind if man who would boldly stand up their nonsense wouldn’t be caught dead in a place like that.

evilwhitemalempire December 7, 2012 at 22:16

lesbians hate men because all their lives they’ve had to compete with men for the majority of women [straight]

throughout puberty every woman they fall in love with gets snatched from them by those… those… boy things!

this is a major part of the complex that is feminism

at the protest over warren farrel’s speech one of the female protestors told a woman on our side of the fence “you’ve sold out your sex for his (her boyfriends) pleasure”

JFinn December 7, 2012 at 22:35

There is no way in hell I would have left the theatre. Then again, there is no way in hell I would have showed up in the first place. Likely poetic justice for the likely misandrist men who were kicked out by their fellow traitor feminists. These men will forgive anything a feminist does to them because Patriarchy.

No one would love the so-called Patriarchy to end more than me. Women being viewed as powerful would lead to an explosion of advocacy for males in society. This is why the Patriarchy oppresses males far more than females. But it’ll never happen, on account of female laziness. Also, people don’t like voting for female politicians because politicians are blamed for everything. Another problem is that when female politicians are criticized as severely as men, they pull the sexism card. People want to be able to hold politicians accountable.

Freckled December 8, 2012 at 01:15

Reminds me of an incident i heard about several years ago. In my town exists a small bookstore catering to women only and selling only female-themed literature.
It was around christmas and a friend of a friend who is gay wanted to buy a special book for a female friend they had on stock in this store and not in any of the other stores. One wonders what that book was about…
He was denied entrance because he is male, member of the opressive gender, yada yada and therefore not permitted to enter the shop. He was shocked and couldn’t believe it…
Being a member of the female gender i could easily go there, but aside from not being interested in this kind of books, i really don’t like to be looked at like a fresh piece of meat (or tofu, in this case). A bunch of drunken frat boys would have been less obvious…

Opus December 8, 2012 at 03:03

Seeing that this event seems to have taken place in London and as TFH is asking whether there be a lawyer in the house and whether there can be a class action suit, I feel compelled; indeed required to advise:

Firstly I am not the sort of lawyer who takes money up front – I don’t do pro bono – (from people like TFH) and then refuse to answer his questions; but this is not America: We don’t have class-action suits! The Manginas who got royally shafted by the sister-hood will have to sue for themselves, though I would be more motivated to attempt to persuade The Met(ropolitan Police) that this is nothing less than theft dressed up as a civil contract. As the Met is Institutionally Misandrist they will tell these men to grow up and go away. I am guessing however that the unfortunate Manginas will be justifying the behaviour of the Feminazi-Lesbians as part of Women’s Rights or some such fallacious reasoning.

terrific comment for lyn87

crella December 8, 2012 at 03:21

‘Well, I hope it wasn’t you who fixed it – unless you charged them through the nose.’

Yes, I was thinking the same thing…

Tam the Bam December 8, 2012 at 10:06

GeogB: “Is the UK as much of a cesspool of feminazism as the US that refunds are unlikely for the male filmgoers?”
Short answer is “the sector of society that even recognises concepts such as Lesbian Film is a metrosexual wonderland of hipsters and Shoreditch Twats; therefore yes, 100%.”
But as always in the Septic Isle, this premise founders in the Charybdis of “Class”.
A very, very large percentage of Brits are utterly immune to the conceited vapourings of the feminists, social justice warriors and liberal “elite”. Not through any innate virtue, rather due to their being vastly ignorant, and designedly so, as being the likely safest option in the opinion of their landlords/rulers.

Virtual Morlocks, these denizens of the Lower Orders were completely unrepresented at that hilarious cinematic shell game.
As is easily demonstrated by the fact that no-one appeared uncouth, sweary and hopelessly drunk, and more tellingly, that there was not instantly an extremely violent and rapidly-spreading riot, and ritualised torching of anything that burns. Combined with a more localised and focussed outbreak of assault, and robbery of phones, purses and branded trainers from the lezzers.
But probably not rape, in this instance. Even the proles have Standards.

Those who got stiffed are only too pleased to be abused in this fashion, but are a tiny minority (manginas) of a tiny minority (urban, black-polo-neck-wearing, shaven-headed, pencil-necked, chin-stroking wankers), all hermetically sealed for their entire ‘lives’ (by choice) from the hideous lumpen mass in the abyss.

Tam the Bam December 8, 2012 at 11:05

Exhibit A to above. Some of the oiks cavorting in the Grauniad’s ‘Komment macht Frei’ section below the article.

BaalsProphet: [Recommend: 147]
With no due respect, what were any sane men doing there in the first place?
greensox: [Recommend: 49]
It was a film about Lesbians.
BaalsProphet: [Recommend: 22]
“It was a film about Lesbians.”
Ha ha!
(Indeed. But any sane man would have demanded his money back)

zed December 8, 2012 at 15:17

Fear? doubtful. Rage? certainly. – exactly the same sort of rage women in the Toyota commercial show when their orders to men are disobeyed.

And, make no mistake – it was an order couched as a request. It was as optional as a Soviet not showing “solidarity” for Stalin’s communist party.

This is part of the same game as coercing athletes to wear pink during breast cancer awareness month to show “solidarity” for those who suffered from the disease, or the fools who “walked a mile in her (stupid high heeled) shoes” to show “solidarity for women who are victims of domestic violence.”

The Arabs understood this phenomenon well, as illustrated by the story of the camel and the tent –

One cold night, as an Arab sat in his tent, a camel gently thrust his nose under the flap and looked in. “Master,” he said, “let me put my nose in your tent. It’s cold and stormy out here.” “By all means,” said the Arab, “and welcome” as he turned over and went to sleep.

A little later the Arab awoke to find that the camel had not only put his nose in the tent but his head and neck also. The camel, who had been turning his head from side to side, said, “I will take but little more room if I place my forelegs within the tent. It is difficult standing out here.” “Yes, you may put your forelegs within,” said the Arab, moving a little to make room, for the tent was small.

Finally, the camel said, “May I not stand wholly inside? I keep the tent open by standing as I do.” “Yes, yes,” said the Arab. “Come wholly inside. Perhaps it will be better for both of us.” So the camel crowded in. The Arab with difficulty in the crowded quarters again went to sleep. When he woke up the next time, he was outside in the cold and the camel had the tent to himself.

Lyn87 December 8, 2012 at 21:03

Fear? doubtful. Rage? certainly.

I didn’t mean they would really be afraid, Zed. I was mocking the fact that so many chicks talk about creating “safe” spaces (as if almost anywhere in the Western World was actually unsafe for white, upper-middle class, university-educated feminists), and their insistence on categorizing anything even mildly uncomfortable to their hypersensitive feelings as “dangerous.”

I pointed out in another thread on another topic that what feminists define as a “safe place” is really just some venue where everyone present will enthusiastically endorse everything they say. Anything less than that is deemed “unsafe,” as if their personal feelings of discomfort (at being challenged) were the equivalent of actual danger. I suppose if one is as sheltered from consequences as modern feminists are, one might pretend that mundane disagreements represent actual danger – it’s not like they face many real challenges to their extreme privilege.

Most people outgrow that level of solipsism by the time they start kindergarten – yet society pretends that these hothouse flowers are more capable than the men who keep this big ship afloat.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Ecclesiastes December 8, 2012 at 21:22

Throwing the guys out was PERFECT! It was exactly the right thing to do!

How many times and in how many ways were those guys told that the only use women have for them is to fork over the money? After she gets the money, the guy is supposed to go away until the next time a woman wants his money.

This was so much MORE educational that the movie could have been. Those men should be charged extra for the time they had to themselves during the movie.

nugganu December 9, 2012 at 06:33

I would have been exiting the venue singing cuuuuuuuuuunt the whole way out.

zed December 9, 2012 at 07:23

Yes. They have created and manipulated a narrative in which they have to be in total and complete control, or they “feel unsafe.” It is a very effective way to control men because it triggers the White Knight reflex and gets men to beat other men into doing what the feminists want men to do. Violence by proxy is one of their greatest weapons.

You see the hidden rage come out associated with events like Warren Farrell’s recent speech in Toronto, or as portrayed in the Toyota commercial. This shows the lie of the claim of fear.

What is gripping the culture now goes far beyond benign self-delusion. It has gradually slipped into a full blown cultural psychosis. Pretending that lead is nutritious and not poisonous can only be rationalized away for so long, and if awakening to that fact is delayed too long, the inevitable outcome is death.

Pirran December 9, 2012 at 08:08

Oooh, perfect. The Grauniad has give Julia Long a right of reply.

Here’s “Julia’s” follow-up to her self-immolation:

“I am the kind of nutter that gives feminism a bad name. Barmy. A gender hating sexist misandrist. Childish. Selfish. Unsisterly. A saboteur and troublemaker who derails feminist debates by indulging in cheap tricks and meaningless grandstanding.”

That’s the entire first paragraph, so I obviously can’t quote out of context. I must say, I completely agree with a trad-fem for the first time in my life…We’ve gone beyone Poe here. This is a sort of Swiftian Metaverse.

Sun December 9, 2012 at 15:49

Male Feminist getting ripped off?

I’m all for it.

Odd. I side with the Feminist.

Tom Smith December 10, 2012 at 07:14

Mr. Price- I learned long ago, that if you’re a man who helps the women’s lobby, you will always get your fingers burned no longer how deserving you are. Let me give you some examples:
1) Out of law school, I volunteered to help “abused” women get domestic violence orders of protection. When I had to explain to a few of them that what they called “violence” was unsupported by the law, I was told I was “insensitive” and was not allowed to volunteer further.
2) As a prosecutor, my boss (somewhat ironically, a black man), required all of the criminal prosecutors to attend a domestic violence march and vigil. The purpose was to make law enforcement “more aware” of the issue and to get a larger turn out for the women’s groups. When I arrived, there were more men there than women- but we were told we had to march in the back, because we were not worthy to support their “cause.”

Now that I have “graduated” to the world of private legal practice, I will NEVER take a woman’s case unless there’s money in the bank. This is because otherwise, I will be expected by the women (and unfortunately by the court) to work for free. As I learned long ago, I am not a “member” of the “cause”- and I will not help them for FREE. Women need to learn that with “equality” comes responsibilty.

What that means is that women must be required to “pay their own way.” Men who really believe in the MRM should simply deny free services to women, particularly when 1) the women in question can afford it; 2) the woman is “trading on” the man’s credibility to “get what she wants;” and 3) the woman has no intention of compensating you for the services in question.

Attila December 18, 2012 at 15:50

MWALT — most women are like that- lesbian or not lesbian.

A regular woman is a lesbian who doesn’t sleep with women (snark!)

How about the non-lesbian women in the audience (were there any? and if so, did they protest?)

well being and also physical fitness August 17, 2013 at 05:23

nicely along with health and fitness