Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

by W.F. Price on November 21, 2012

I’m headed out to pick up the kids presently, and am looking forward to being with the family over the holiday. The weather is miserable, wet and stormy, but I feel fine.

As usual, it’s important to keep those who don’t have the opportunity to be with their families in mind — especially those whose children have been cruelly torn away from them by a hostile, uncaring state. The holidays are always particularly difficult for those who are alone, so it’s always a good idea to reach out to those people you know who could use some company this time of year.

That said, if you’ve got a long journey ahead, may it be safe and uneventful!

Enjoy the feast and time with family.

Pm Siesta November 21, 2012 at 15:10

Thanks man, we readers appreciate the sentiment. Sounds like a great time with your family! This will be my first Thanksgiving without my family in seven years. I can only hope my daughter is well… But I enjoy myself anyway – that is the key!

MRAwesome November 21, 2012 at 16:14

Have fun, Bill!

crella November 22, 2012 at 02:54

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Theo P. November 22, 2012 at 08:07

I’m alone for the holiday (travel was just impossible for me this year), so I got my own turkey breast and a few fixins and I’m just going to enjoy the long weekend at least.

One of my roommates is a 50-something single man who works 18 hours a day and has the look of a man who’s been beaten down time and again, so, though he’s never talked about what brought him here, I’m assuming a brutal divorce was involved. I’ll at least have some turkey for him.

Mickey T November 22, 2012 at 16:10

My Chinese therapist/friend finally agreed to go out for a Thanksgiving dinner at the Golden Corral buffet (I’m single and I live alone with family far away right now). I’ve been trying to get her to come over for dinner (I cook) or take her out, for a long time. I know it’s not my cooking, because she liked what I’ve given her to go several times. Maybe it’s a cultural thing, where a girl has to be married to man if she is to have dinner with him at his home. She is the antithesis of the western women we are accustomed to. She delivers items (45 mins away) as I need them, she gives them to me at her cost, she is always trying to get me to take things without charge. She wants to give, without getting anything in return. She owns a successful business, she owns a house………….There is much more to tell, but I can say without hesitation, that she is a remarkable woman. I can feel the skepticism before I’ve finished writing.
I was good to spend some time with an unselfish woman, so all and all, it was good day, and I give thanks. I wish all, good health and good fortune on this special day.
Oh, she has boyfriend, and I don’t have a lot to offer her. Matter of fact, she brought a gift of food for me today.

Mickey T November 22, 2012 at 16:37

More boredom-
We don’t look at each other in a romantic way. I see it as her being passionate in her work. She goes above and beyond what the job requires. This is remarkable to me, because virtually every woman I observe working, doesn’t her job in an acceptable way. I say that as a former employer.

Hugh G. Rection November 23, 2012 at 10:56

So Mickey, how are you getting along with her boyfriend?

Mickey T November 23, 2012 at 17:04

It sounds weird but it’s a business relationship, as an insurance agent takes his client out for lunch only reverse, in this case, because the client gets more benefit than the agent. I had to keep pushing in order to reciprocate because I was starting to feel as if I was taking advantage of her. I believe she has done similar things with others, and has been taken advantage of.

I guess I’m mixing my American male views with a very different culture, perhaps because I was married woman like her (don’t try to figure it out). She wasn’t reluctant to accept my offer for fear of being disloyal to her boyfriend (he knows she is not, even though they don’t see each other steadily) , but just a culture thing. It’s an unusual situation and it’s just too much to explain any more about it.

The point is, I gave thanks that NAWALT is true, along with all the other things which I’m reminded of being thankful for on Thanksgiving day. I just didn’t express it the way I intended to.

x November 24, 2012 at 01:26

You’re one desperate forlorn dog MickyT … Why not just go your own way GYOW ?

Also, stop explaining yourself to us and to she.

continent November 24, 2012 at 10:57

W.F. Price
Enjoy your kids while they are yong. When they grow up their priorities change. For about 20 years my kids liked to come for a visit. Now I was able to get a phone call to California for one. About the other i have not heard for about 5 years.

Mark November 24, 2012 at 11:18

Evidence of a wider hearing for Men’s Rights issues? http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/

gunner451 November 25, 2012 at 19:43

Mickey T,

You can rationalize all you want, you’re still a beta orbiter trying the “nice guy” scam on this woman hoping that she’ll break up with her current BF and you’ll be there to “pick up the pieces”. Give it up and start learning game and stop putting women on a pedestal, the further you raise them up on that pedestal the easier it is for them to kick you in the head.

keyster November 26, 2012 at 09:03

Maybe, just maybe, the reason men don’t want to marry has something to do with women!

Mickey T November 26, 2012 at 10:48

gunner45,
Remember they called Ronald Reagan “The Great Communicator”?
Well, I’m “The Great Miscommunicator”.

I have NOOOOOOOO romantic interest in this woman. She has a good heart and she is very helpful and bright. To me, Asian women have zero sex appeal (too skinny etc-I still have a good libido). I have girlfriends on and off who sort of appeal to me. Matter of FACT (no brag) there are at least two women who want a serious relationship right now. That’s not because I’m irresistable, but in my age group there is an ample supply of available women. There are more of them than us, for obvious reasons which I shouldn’t have to mention.

X and gunner451, you don’t know what you are talking about, but I understand why you saying it. I’m actually laughing out loud saying to myself “did I really botch this one that bad, I made these guys think what is the exact opposite of the truth”.
Right now I almost wish I hadn’t started this whole thing but, yes, I do hope you guys see ALL of my comments (yes, Bill, I’ll take my chances). TG Bill Price is one patient guy. I hope he doesn’t use up all his patience on me, there so many other guys here he needs it for.