Reviving Fund Drive

by W.F. Price on November 20, 2012

I cut the last fund drive short to fix some things up on the server, because I don’t like asking for support when things aren’t running as smoothly as they ought to be. I fixed the server issue, and got a few other important things out of the way in the meanwhile. However, the fix cost money — the server now costs twice what it did before, and the bills are coming in.

At this point, I have a lot of time to devote to the site, and will for the foreseeable future. Some family issues have clicked into place and it’s looking like things are going to be a lot more stable on that front (although family stability is something of the Holy Grail for non-custodial fathers, so maybe I shouldn’t get too cocky). The only thing holding me back from pushing the site toward its potential now is the funding issue.

Current stats are about what they were for the last update, so instead of breaking that down again, I’ll let readers know how I’m going to spend my time on the site every day:

First priority is publishing content, whether it is my own or submissions from others. My hope is that I can bring the content volume back up to what it was at its peak (average of about 15-20 posts per week) while keeping posts both interesting and well thought out. If you’re a long-time reader, you know that I’ll continue to be pretty liberal about topics and points of view, as I view The Spearhead’s primary mission as publishing — that is, getting people’s thoughts out there. That is the purpose of the site, and it takes priority over everything else. As an avid reader and consumer of content myself, I like to think people appreciate that.

At this point, this content remains entirely free to the casual reader and web surfer. It draws in newcomers every single day, and I hope it influences some people and gives them cause to think about what’s going on in our society. I especially hope it gives them that extra perspective needed to grasp how absolutely backward some of the policies out there are, and how much of what is considered normal in the contemporary Western family is so radically wrong and unjust (for example, the state seizing children and making fathers pay for their terrible, crushing loss so women can indulge whims and fantasies with minimal hassle).

However, the content is not “free” for me. It takes a lot of work to keep it coming day after day. It takes both work and money to keep the site online and functional, and the costs come out of my pocket. Without support, I’d have to shut it down or radically curtail the content very quickly — neither the costs nor effort could be justified.

Fortunately, there’s been enough support over the years for me to keep my head above water, but no more, because I only ask for help when it’s needed. I figure that if I want to actually profit from this endeavor, I’m going to have to start selling content, and although I’d like to do that it would be a shame if The Spearhead had to go entirely commercial. That would detract from the site’s mission, and it would necessarily restrict the topics and intellectual freedom of the content.

So, if you enjoy reading the content here and want to see the site remain online, please send some support my way through PayPal or the mail (the donation info is in the top right sidebar). I’ve received some generous donations that have been real lifesavers, and that also were crucial to convincing me to put a lot of effort into the site, but every little bit counts. In fact, if every regular reader only donated a few dollars a month it would be entirely sufficient. So, if you don’t have much, don’t feel embarrassed about sending a small donation — it is definitely appreciated. Because I don’t have much discretionary income myself, I tend to send my favorite bloggers small donations here and there, and although it isn’t a great deal, I know they appreciate it.

I’d like to thank everyone in advance, because I can’t always do so personally, and assure you all that your support is deeply appreciated. Every single donation I receive reinforces my belief that this site is worth the effort, and gives me a sense of responsibility to readers. In particular, I’d like to thank those who have been in with The Spearhead for the long haul. It’s been humbling to see that there are so many men out there who care about these issues as deeply as I do, and that they count on me to be their advocate is both touching and an honor.

Thanks, friends. It’s been great so far, and I’d like to keep it going for a good while longer. With your help, that’s what I’m going to do.

William F. “Bill” Price (Feel free to keep calling me Welmer if you please — suits me fine either way)

Taank November 20, 2012 at 08:11

I’m in for 250. Didn’t get in on the last one.

keyster November 20, 2012 at 09:19

The Final Inspection

The soldier stood and faced his God
Which must always come to pass
He hoped his shoes were shining
Just as brightly as his brass

“Step foward now you soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek,
And to my church have you been true?”

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
“No Lord, I guess I ain’t,
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can’t always be saints

“I’ve had to work most Sundays
And at times my talk was tough
And sometimes I’ve been violent
Because the streets were awfully rough”

But I never took a penny,
That wasn’t mine to keep
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills just got to steep,

And I never passed a cry for help
Although, at times I shook with fear
And sometimes, God forgive
I’ve wept unmanly tears

I know I don’t deserve a place
Among the people here
That never wanted me around
Except to calm their fears

If you have a place for me here O’ Lord
It needn’t be so grand
I’ve never expected, or had so much
But if you don’t I’ll understand”

There was a silence all around the throne
Where the Saints had often trod
As this soldier waited quietly
For the judgment from his God

“Step forward now you soldier,
You’ve borne your burdens well
Walk peacefully on Heaven’s streets,
You’ve done your time in Hell”

American November 20, 2012 at 11:36

“The Spearhead” is true to its name.
I’m hit for cash right now Whelmer, but my other donations to the spearhead, and to society in general, is to give out the web address of the spearhead (and a few other solid MRA sites) to many.
The main reason Im here is to express my disgust with a law enforcement system that will let a girl scratch herself in the face, call the police, and have her male neighbor arrested because she though his music was too loud.
And i feel sorry for the American taxi cab drivers that face false rape accusations for such trivial reasons as “She didn’t want to pay her cab fare”.
We need to remove the financial incentives that American law enforcement now have to arrest innocent men and boys on false accusations.

American November 20, 2012 at 11:39

I have seen the slow progress of the mens and fathers rights movement, as “they” used to just ignore us, now they are fighting us…I believe this is progress.

shmiggen November 20, 2012 at 13:00

One afternoon
In the middle of the night
Two dead boys
Got up to fight

Back to back
They faced each other
Sword in hand
They shot each other

A deaf policeman
Heard the noise
And came and killed
The two dead boys

Mickey T November 20, 2012 at 14:47

Looks like a potpourri of men’s interests. I think this is a good idea for all fund raisers.
So:
The other day I went to my local GNC store. I got there a few minutes after opening time and the lights were on, but the door was locked. and I saw nobody inside So, I went next door to the Radio Shack to kill a little time waiting for the vitamin store to open. I went back about ten minutes later and it was the same situation, so I rattled the door. Shortly after that, the manager (much the dyke) came out of the back room, opened the door and said: “I was in the bathroom”. Then a younger girl, having that look of a dyke, emerged from the back room adjusting he clothing.
What the hell, going to send a little scratch pronto as possible.

American November 20, 2012 at 16:25

Jacob, The manosphere is stronger than it has ever been. Even our critics help us out when they use the term “MRA” or mens rights activist when vilifying us.
“MRA” is becoming part of the lexicon, and this is huge progress.

MKP November 20, 2012 at 19:55

Happy to help.

Troll King November 20, 2012 at 23:32

Well, I am broke as a joke. So I can’t be any help right now.

But I can contribute in other ways.

Take a look at Jill from feministes new piece and make yourself a drinking game where you count, and drink for, each hypocrisy.

The stupid feminist is always claiming that women don’t lie about rape and that men don’t get falsely imprisoned and that women are the real victims and so on but now she is writing about the Central Park Five and using stats from the innocence project.

Here is another interesting article from feministe:

Notice how this feminist is now in a delicate position. She is placed between a rock and a hard place due to not knowing who to support and who to make into the aggressor. Does she support the wife and the wife’s decision to divorce or does she stand her 3rd wave feminist ground and support the trans person at all costs. Quite a moral dilemma for her. Lulz.

Now Susan Walsh is talking about the Hypergamy Acceptance Movement:

WTF. I really hate that bitch. She constantly takes manosphere ideas and concepts and appropriates them for her own ego-driven use and turns them against guys by empowering college aged sluts to game guys even more than they already do. I swear, I think Walsh is the most dangerous woman on the internet due to how she pretends to be friendly to some manosphere ideas while doing nothing but trying to tighten the screws even deeper into young men.

Ill find some more links to post. I think those three would all make good posts for this site or any other.

Rebel November 21, 2012 at 09:00

@American

” now they are fighting us…I believe this is progress.”

According to Sun Tzu teachings, you should remain invisible to the enemy until it is way too late to do anything.
I would rather have that the fembots didn’t see us at all.
..until we jump from the dark, totally unexpected. Not good if your enemy knows you are there..
The fact that we are now spotted is no victory t me: it’s almost a defeat.
Believe me, it’s a lot better when the enemy has passed away unknowingly. It’s like dying in your sleep.

Back around the Middle Ages (forgot the dates) the Flemish wanted to kick the French out of Belgium.
One night, a great number of Flemish patriots “visited” the French at night and in silence slit all their throats. The entire operation was done secretly and in complete silence.
In the morning, there were no more Frenchmen in Gent and no one shot had been fired. That’s a good way to win a war.

Mr Price, I have great admiration for the work you do. I wish I could help. Alas, I have to cut down on anything that is not essential for my survival. May you continue: your work is very important.

Mickey T November 21, 2012 at 10:55

With four more of years of Fembama, and a record number (20) of female US Senators etc after this past election………………………. I can only see gaining an inch, while loosing a mile. I don’t think we’re getting the enough attention from the enemy to make much of a difference. They still don’t take us very seriously. TG for the private ballot, Sun Tzu would approve of it.

American November 21, 2012 at 11:34

Rebel, They can vilify us all they want in the media, but there are now so many men and fathers harmed by the new “Pervert courts”, that our numbers will inevitably increase.

GS Jockey November 21, 2012 at 12:36

Welmer,

I’m in for a Benjamin; happy to help. Also I just noticed your new “subscription” option, so I signed up for that too. Very convenient.

Keep up the good fight, Bro.

GS Jockey