Federal Judge Grants Injunction in Backpage.com Lawsuit

by W.F. Price on July 28, 2012

In Washington state, there has been some hysteria about underage prostitution as of late. Washington is probably the most politically feminist state in the US, and resembles Scandinavia in its zeal to regulate sexual conduct. Our two female senators are perennially involved in one feminist cause or another, whether it be VAWA, IMBRA, or sex trafficking legislation.

This year, governor Christine Gregoire signed a signed a law that would require backpage.com and other escort advertisers to verify people’s age when they post ads on its service, because there have been reports of underage prostitutes using the service to advertise their wares. This would obviously be difficult, given that all of the ads are submitted online. Backpage.com is an advertisement service for prostitutes, owned by New York’s Village Voice Media company. It took over the market in such ads after Craigslist dropped them in 2010.

Perhaps Backpage is worried that if they make a mistake and a minor slips through they will be held responsible. Of course, if there are underage prostitutes advertising on Backpage, they are lying about their age, because vice cops regularly check the ads for that kind of thing. Additionally, potential clients would suspect that anyone advertising as a minor is certainly a cop.

So the effect of the Washington law would be to shut down pretty much all prostitution ads in the state, because hookers are not going to show up in person to be carded before placing an ad. It would be too risky for the prostitutes, whether they are of legal age or not, because officially providing one’s identity is never a good idea when engaging in illegal activity.

Personally, I wouldn’t care either way about the hooker ads. I have to admit I’d get a little schadenfreude out of seeing local gutter mags like The Stranger scrambling to find lost revenue. However, it is bad precedent. If you can hold Backpage responsible for what third parties post, where does it stop? Could bloggers be fined and jailed if some anonymous person posts illegal content in comments?

Because of these issues, Backpage sued to block the law, and was granted an injunction yesterday by Ricardo Martinez, a federal judge. Martinez made the only sane choice given the broad scope of the law. It clearly removes the right of people and companies to host third party content by holding them liable for other people’s speech.

As for underage prostitution, although I don’t think it’s as common as some would have us believe, it may well be a growing problem. In fact, given how many girls are growing up without their fathers today, I’d be surprised if it weren’t. Although I can’t say for certain that I ever personally knew any prostitutes when I was in high school, there were a number of girls who carried pagers (this is way back in the early 90s, before cell phones were common), and I don’t think they were selling crack. These girls were the female equivalents of the gangstas who were slinging rocks on street corners, and I strongly suspect they were making some money on the side by selling themselves. In fact, just a few years after I got out of my high school, the principal was caught having a “relationship” with a female student, and it’s pretty clear she was getting paid for it, if not in cash in kind.

In certain neighborhoods, prostitution is a pretty casual, out-in-the-open kind of thing. Some girl is walking down the street, a guy in a lowrider slows down, talks to her for a minute, and she gets in the car. I’ve seen it happen plenty of times, including with apparently underage females. It isn’t slavery or “trafficking” — it’s just part of the culture in some places. And this culture is very strongly associated with single mother households and father absence.

If these lawmakers really want to do something about underage prostitution, I can think of a good place to start, and it doesn’t involve cracking down on websites. First, stop incentivizing single motherhood. Next, rather than actively chasing fathers away from their families, give them incentives to stick around and be involved in their children’s lives.

But maybe that would work too well, and take away the opportunity to grandstand over the latest moral panic.

El Bastardo July 28, 2012 at 07:53

Incentives, the key word for most everything wrong with the system today. Sad thing is, we will most likely only be able to get rid of the current incentives with better incentives, or our society faces fianancial/physical disaster that removes our ability to financially back these incentives.

If I keep going with this, incentives could be like Alan Iverson saying “practice.” It will never end.

Either way, we need to make a change. If only we had the power to do so…

Mojo July 28, 2012 at 07:57

“rather than actively chasing fathers away from their families, give them incentives to stick around and be involved in their children’s lives.”

Men don’t need government incentives to be fathers. We just need the disincentives removed.

dhanu July 28, 2012 at 08:10

OT: Hotel, event host sued by family of woman killed sliding down banister: http://www.gadling.com/2012/07/26/hotel-and-event-hosts-sued-by-family-of-girl-killed-sliding-down/

Opus July 28, 2012 at 08:11

What, as a matter of interest is ‘underage’ in Washington State?

greyghost July 28, 2012 at 08:12

The chasing the guy away stuff is what the problem is. It is hard to believe a country is run like this.

Great Books For Men GreatBooksForMen GBFM (TM) GB4M (TM) GR8BOOKS4MEN (TM) lzozozozozlzo (TM) July 28, 2012 at 08:22

If any of you ever fought to return the Great Books and Classics, which exalt men’s rights, to our schools, then all the problems would be solved.

But nobody seems to want to do that.

I guess it’s more fun to complain about our loss of freedom, while censoring foul language from the comment areas of our blogs. :)

W.F. Price July 28, 2012 at 08:25

What, as a matter of interest is ‘underage’ in Washington State?

-Opus

16/18. 16 if there’s no supervisory relationship (e.g. teacher, coach, employer), but only fully unrestricted at 18. My bet is that getting caught hiring a 17yrs, 11mos old prostitute would bring a much stiffer sentence than hiring an 18yrs and a day old one.

MRA July 28, 2012 at 08:49

Something like this

Materialism at young age thanks to heroic single moms push girls to be easy target of companies, whom don’t care where the money comes from as long as they sell their products, which is another reason why ads are directed to single moms and girls at the same time, without man around to put them control and laws to prevent men for doing it you get children raising children.

Opus July 28, 2012 at 08:59

I am thus shocked to learn that in Washington State females under the age of sixteen are not only keen to indulge themselves sexually, with older males, but are happy to be paid for the same – a win-win situation for them so it seems.

greyghost July 28, 2012 at 09:11

It is a double edged sword for Welmer. The free wheeling comments and the ability to post as I felt and other men doing the same was and is awesome. As i said before this is the only place i have ever donated to with out it being some kind of group collection for a cause.

Wilson July 28, 2012 at 09:15

AG in Massachusetts, Martha Coakley, made it legal for underage girls to sell themselves, though any guy who accepts the offer will get 10 years in jail. When victimhood is the ideal every problem is a solution

El Bastardo July 28, 2012 at 09:35

Like what classics?

And exalting men’s rights, I am not so sure. Most of the classics were written in a different time. Their focus was not as much about men, as life in general, at the time the stories were written.

Men in most times, including our own, valued triumph over adveristy; even if the story was a tragedy. The moral was what one looked for. Also, men usually had a woman they strived for. In other words, chivalry.

I don’t think there were ever a golden age of men, as I also think that the biblical account of stone throwing probably included more men from false accusations, then innoccent little princesses for prostitution.

Be it wars, fornication, passion, or crime; we have almost always been our own worst enemy, and easy targets for women! DNA testing, birth control,, and the like are really being held back because there never was a brutal patriarchy holding women down. Feminists just realized that technology is going to release us from being easy targets for women. Women will then have to fend for themselves without our strength.

I think the Men’s Rights story is being told just fine today, as it is overcoming adversity! We all have to ensure that our collective story is anything but a “tragedy.” Or our story won’t be masculine, but a feminist soap opera where the worthless she-male of a fat lady in a poor rendition of a viking costume never stops singing.

Keyster July 28, 2012 at 09:40

Bringing back institutionalization of the nuclear family won’t happen without a major counter-cultural renaissance. I don’t think this will originate in Washington state. What needs to happen is a crack-down on the girls themselves. Problem is if they’re under the age of consent, how can the innocent little waifs “know” they’re consenting to have sex for money in the first place; they’re too young to “understand”. RIGHT!

Ironically, what this is doing is restricting girls under 18 from the freedom to make money so they can buy clothes and drugs. How can they ever be expected to realize their empowerment and independence as entrepreneurial young women, if they can’t choose careers in the sex worker industry?

I dated a single mom once who told me she and her girlfriends used to go down to the truck stop by the interstate and “lot lizard” when they were 16 and 17. They’d “hook-up” through channel one-niner on their dad’s CB radio. She said they did it for the thrills!

If I can have an “18 year old woman” at my door in less than an hour on a Saturday morning, and for $150 get laid – – there’s something very broken with society. I can tell you they’re relentless in their sales and marketing efforts. They come to you. Used to be every small town had it’s MILF “town whore” over in the trailer park on the east side of town. Now the market is saturated with college girls and young single moms suplimenting their child support checks…maybe 20 or 30 to choose from. Like the old McDonalds menu vs the new one.

Hooking for money is dangerous, exciting and they enjoy doing it. There is no shame in making money selling your body for sex…so don’t DARE judge them for doing it. The girls are powerless to stop because they’re confused and need counseling.

It’s the men who “exploit” them. It’s always the men.

GraniteSoldier July 28, 2012 at 09:49

Well said Mojo. One of things that disgusts me the most about our feminzed gov’t is that they beat down on some group and then ride up and offer to “help” that group in some way by allowing them to do what they already have a right to do and labeling it “help.” Thus perpetuating the fallacy that they are actually providing something and therefore are deserving of your vote or loyalty.

Professor Mentu July 28, 2012 at 10:09

If prostitution ever became legal, it would be the end of marriage. I think they should legalize and regulate it. But nooo; we can’t have sexually satisfied men cohorting with legal age women with no consequence.

We’ve gone from “pay me now or pay me later” to “pay me now AND pay me later.”

All sex is prostitution. I guess if the payment comes in a child support check instead of cash, that somehow makes it better.

Ethical July 28, 2012 at 10:14

There is a very strong message in the family court system’s bias (in many jurisdictions) towards custody for the mother rather than shared custody. This bias boils down to the court considering men primarily in terms of the money that can be squeezed from them to give to their ex-wives, and at the same time devaluing the positive personal attributes of the man himself. What else could the message possibly be if the court prefers a man give up his duty to care for his children just to create an excuse to pay the ex wife an exorbitant premium to feed and cloth those children? The court sees no value in him spending this time with them himself to share meaningful experiences and pass on the positive personal attributes he believes are important.

Great Books For Men GreatBooksForMen GBFM (TM) GB4M (TM) GR8BOOKS4MEN (TM) lzozozozozlzo (TM) July 28, 2012 at 10:26

lzozozozolzolozoz

in william bennet’s “book of man,” he leaves out the heart and soul of western civilization. a better name for bennet’s book would have been, “the book of fanboy manginas.”

bennet ignores the central, exalted message of genesis, and then ups the ante by debauching and debasing the iliad faster than a neocon can debase a dollar to fund the perpetual warfare/welfare state. to top it all off, bennet ignores the most-decorated war veteran of all time.

completely absent from bennet’s book is the awesome work of the jews in genesis:

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

in the classical, judeo-christian, chivalric context, a man would man up as he would be guaranteed, a non-asscocked, chaste woman who be shamed out of not acting on and serving every gina tingle and butt tingle. instead of serving her butt and gina tingles, a woman would be expected to serve god, man, and family. for this, she would be honored in a civilized context.

completely absent from bennet’s book is the divine RAGE of ACHILLES–the very center and circumference of homer’s iliad. achilles is robbed of his prize and property by his commander, and so, his anger ignited, achilles quits the greek army in the first showdown between man and state. zeus sides with achilles, exalting the Natural Law that John Locke and Thomas Jefferson would someday exalt in their respective poetry. achilles rages as he reasons, “if i’m the one fighting, doing all the work, why are you getting all the rewards?” indeed, so might a marine wonder these days, if he’s taking all the risks for a few hundred dollars a month, why does bill bennet get to sit back home in vegas, gambling millions away? so it is that bill bennet is working for the fiat bankers in all his blustering books, which serve far more to debauch and desecrate–to contort and confuse–than they do to exalt and enlighten. why isn’t bill bennet telling all the army-wives to “woman up” and stp with the buttcocking adultery, and serve their men with loyalty as Yahweh commands them to, and as Penelope does in Homer’s Odyssey? It’s because bennet is well-paid in fiat dollar to hate on home and the bible.

finally, bill bennet, who “never buckled on armor nor suited up for ballte” in the words of achilles, also ignores the most-decorated general of our own era:

[quote]
“War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small ‘inside’ group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.”
In another often cited quote from the book Butler says:
I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
[/quote] –http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Is_a_Racket –War Is a Racket is the title of two works, a speech and a booklet, by retired United States Marine Corps Major General and two time Medal of Honor recipient Smedley D. Butler. In them, Butler frankly discusses from his experience as a career military officer how business interests commercially benefit from warfare.

Compare warrior Smedley’s words to those of Achilles, who also questions teh utility of war:

[quote]
Ulysses, noble son of Laertes, I should give you formal notice plainly and in all fixity of purpose that there be no more of this cajoling, from whatsoever quarter it may come. Him do I hate even as the gates of hell who says one thing while he hides another in his heart; therefore I will say what I mean. I will be appeased neither by Agamemnon son of Atreus nor by any other of the Danaans, for I see that I have no thanks for all my fighting. He that fights fares no better than he that does not; coward and hero are held in equal honour, and death deals like measure to him who works and him who is idle. I have taken nothing by all my hardships- with my life ever in my hand; as a bird when she has found a morsel takes it to her nestlings, and herself fares hardly, even so man a long night have I been wakeful, and many a bloody battle have I waged by day against those who were fighting for their women. With my ships I have taken twelve cities, and eleven round about Troy have I stormed with my men by land; I took great store of wealth from every one of them, but I gave all up to Agamemnon son of Atreus. He stayed where he was by his ships, yet of what came to him he gave little, and kept much himself.
[/quote]

And so you see why the gambling, warmongering, chicken-hawk, mysandric, soulless Bennett is calling upon men to man up while debauching and deconstructing their heritage–it is because, at the fiat baneker’s behest, he needs the men to take all the risk, while bennet and the fiat bankers get all the rewards, celebrating their conquest of other men’s wives with the famous buttocker and secretive taper of butthext tucker max rhymes with goldman sax, who the weekly standard casts as a six-foot tall hero, repeating the butthexer’s lies, while ignoring the true, selfless heroism of those Achilles and Smedley Butlers fighting and dying on foreign shores in foreign wars.

JFinn July 28, 2012 at 10:31

“First they came for the communists…”

JFinn July 28, 2012 at 10:36

Amen.

Relative to people of their gender charged with child support, there is a bigger percentage of deadbeat mothers than deadbeat fathers.

Uncle Elmer July 28, 2012 at 10:55

“Taming of the Shrew, Sherlock Holmes, stories of Mark Twain? Which ones do you suggest?”

Charles Bukowski can be fun reading, though he gets a little self-absorbed at times. Start with “Notes of a Dirty Old Man”, then work from there.

Charles Martel July 28, 2012 at 11:21

You’re projecting a different, more draconian version of “censorship” than I am. Maybe a reasonable fear for a commenter with a sodomy obsession. In other news, this is still Bill’s blog.

Glenn July 28, 2012 at 11:39

I have said for some time that feminists will eventually move to have “underaged” changed to mean any female that is younger than the male in question at the time.

You can laugh, but when you are done, stop and think about how many other nutty feminist concepts that have taken hold. Like forcing men to sit when they urinate, for example. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/sweden-left-party-toilet-stand_n_1590572.html

Darryl X July 28, 2012 at 12:22

And on the flip side, that same government breaks a man and then punishes him for being broken. Excessive child support and then jail for inability to pay it, anyone?

Keyster July 28, 2012 at 12:25

The bias boils down to the traditional concept that the male is the provider/protector, and the woman the birther/nurturer. What’s
happened is that the family court system of the 1950′s hasn’t caught up to modern “gender equality” and no one is organized or funded well enough to lobby to change it.

And even if there was a group, they have to overcome the fact civilization advantages the mother because she gestates and gives birth to the children, and is typically the under-employed half. Combine this with family court judges having extreme latitude (to weigh case specific circumstances), and the deck is stacked against the father.

It’s also a third-rail for politicians. For the Democrat he’s anti-woman, for the Republican he’s anti-mother and child. The father has no representation. The family court system isn’t broken if no one thinks it is. On the contrary, aside from the random self-immolation or murder-suicide, it seems to work rather well.

What’s happening today is a growing awareness of the risk/reward ratio for men. He’s supposed to just “man-up”, find a wife and commit to her, as if coercion will work in the face of statistical odds.

Men and women will never be equal in the “interpretation” of the law because the woman gives birth, (if she so “chooses”). This can’t be overcome with activism. But what women already know, young men can be made aware of. Being the arbiter of reproducion is the ultimate power.

Darryl X July 28, 2012 at 12:30

That’s a great summary, GB4M.

Darryl X July 28, 2012 at 12:32

Sorry that last comment was for El Bastardo. Thanks El Bastardo.

Gamerp4 July 28, 2012 at 12:36

Well its all the angry bad wolf man, Doesn’t matter if the consensual sex was initiated by women or by men who paid for the services, if a man is found putting his penis in a woman well he is pretty much to go in a rape case or sexual assault case and in these circumstances there is nothing ONE can do but just put on a guilty face (Like he is the one who forced her into prostitution) and accept what the feminized State or Justice systems tells him too and spent his half life time in jail (Doesn’t matter if he was a productive member of the society and was good in terms on social norms & it fudging doesn’t matter if the prostitution was a walfare harpy) well pretty much MEN ARE TOAST.

I am hearing bells ringing and laws coming when US of A would be another SWEDEN on the map of this world Where Prostitution is Legal But Paying for Prostitution is ILLEGAL and any MEN (Yes and only Men, Butch Lesbian are excluded) found with a prostitute, while ignoring the fact that she was the one who initiated the discussion (She is a naive victim of patriarchy), he is bound to serve 6 or 7 years of his life inside prison in case of sexual assualt where he is going to be raped and nobody is gonna care about his emotions or feelings because he is a PRIVILEGED MALE .

El Bastardo July 28, 2012 at 12:59

Maybe a reasonable fear for a commenter with a sodomy obsession.
-Charles Martel

You know for a frenchy, you got some cajones fella.

I just gave you a good game*

Muaahhahahahaha

El Bastardo July 28, 2012 at 13:01

Great point, like the bad guy in the movie four brothers,

You don’t pay her for sex, you pay her to leave!

Anonymous July 28, 2012 at 13:01

The laws are indeed stacked against men. It doesn’t matter where. The feminist tentacles have reached far and wide. Consider Brazil.

A father has been sentenced to pay his daughter $110,000 for “emotional abandonment”. Emotional abandonment can be anything — who defines it? Unbelievable. Link: http://human-stupidity.com/stupid-dogma/political-correctness-stupid-dogma/daughter-awarded-us-110000-for-fathers-emotional-neglect-brazilian-supreme-court

So what this mean? At the family court near you, this might be forthcoming.

So, at divorce, the man lose more than half of his net wealth to his bitter ex, pays her alimony directly or wrapped-up as child-support till the child is aged 18. While this is ongoing, the father is alienated from his child. At 18, the child then takes over, and claims ‘emotional abandonment’ to get head-start money in life.

El Bastardo July 28, 2012 at 13:08

Keyster, do you think that if we took down the carefully guarded secret of feminists in the FDA, would it make a difference? The ones who shoot down any and all forms of male birth control they can, from their position and got a male option for all distributed evenly, and cheaply, would that topple the current regime in your mind?

Personnally, I think it would bring a lot fo things to a grinding halt, maybe not eveerything, but a major step in the right direction.

El Bastardo July 28, 2012 at 13:44

Burkowski, I don’t think I ever heard of him, will check and look into it.

Thanks bro.

El Bastardo July 28, 2012 at 13:45

TYVM :)

Anonymous Reader July 28, 2012 at 14:26

Keyster

Take off those rose colored glasses, Keyster. The anti-family court system works exactly as it is supposed to, turning beta fathers into walking ATM’s. The anti family court system is a product of unleashed hypergamy, enabling a woman to ditch the man who’s become too beta to generate tingles anymore, while retaining his material support. The anti family court enables a woman to convert her “husband till death do us part” into just another beta orbiter – and put him in jail if he fails to comply – freeing her to go chasing after Alpha cock.

The anti-family court system is not broken. It is not a “bug” in the social system.

It works exactly as it is intended to.

Suz July 28, 2012 at 14:48

“Incentive.”

The most ignored but damning concept in all politics.

Charles Martel July 28, 2012 at 15:06

El Bastardo
You know for a frenchy, you got some cajones fella.

My comment wasn’t directed at you. It was a reply to Mr. Buttcock, GBFM. The new “REPLY” mode nests comments and moves them out of sequence.

Tom936 July 28, 2012 at 16:36

I have said for some time that feminists will eventually move to have underaged changed to mean any female that is younger than the male in question at the time.

Remember the Anita Hill case? Feminists said that Anita Hill was too young to have known what she was doing when she followed her alleged sexual harrasser from job to job. Of course she was over 21 at the time, but still a minor in Feminists’ eyes.

Rhe Whammer July 28, 2012 at 16:56

Anyone can sue so it means nothing. The casemay just be dismissed on a summary motion but is it annoying and expensive for businesses to have to bother with this crap.
At first I thought that it was some kid and that there was some dangerous condition with the bannister but this was a grown adult female of 23.
The hotel is supposed to monitor what adults drink and the stupid things they may do? So if someone drinks and decides to jump out the window that’s the hotel’s fault and liability?
Females do need to be supervised but that’s not the hotel’s job.
I guess that this ADULT female would claim if she was arrested for drunk driving that it was the liquor store’s or the bartender’s fault because they weren’t supervising her lol

Rebel July 28, 2012 at 16:59

The news from Brazil are scary. We may expect the same madness, soon in a theater near you…

This leaves men with no option. Can’t marry, can’t have kids, can’t prosper.
What will come next?
Perhaps compulsory abortion of male foetuses?
I wouldn’t be surprised. It would, in fact, be the next logical step.

GREAT BOOKS 4 MENZ Lzozozozolzo July 28, 2012 at 17:23

a videogmez even williamz bennetz would enjoys lzozozozozzzlzozzo

System and method for creating exalted video games and virtual realities wherein ideas have consequences.

A video game method and system for creating games where ideas have consequences, incorporating branching paths that correspond to a player’s choices, wherein paths correspond to decisions founded upon ideals, resulting in exalted games with deeper soul and story, enhanced characters and meanings, and exalted gameplay. The classical hero’s journey may be rendered, as the journey hinges on choices pivoting on classical ideals. Ideas that are rendered in word and deed will have consequences in the gameworld. Historical events such as The American Revolution may be brought to life, as players listen to famous speeches and choose sides. As great works of literature and dramatic art center around characters rendering ideals real, both internally and externally, in word and deed, in love and war, the present invention will afford video games that exalt the classical soul, as well as the great books, classics, and epic films—past, present, and future.

1. A method for creating video games and virtual realities wherein ideas have consequences.

2. The method in claim 1 where said ideas are rooted in classical, epic precepts such as those found in the Great Books and Classics, and exalted at the pinnacles of Western culture and history.

3. The method in claim 1 where said ideas are manifested in the words the player or non-player characters, write, speak, read, disseminate, congregate about, fight for, and/or associate with.

4. The method in claim 1 where said ideas are manifested in the actions the player, non-player characters, and/or monsters act out.

5. The method in claim 1 where said ideas spread like viruses, by being spoken, written, or disseminated in some other manner, transforming characters who come in contact with said ideas into vampires, zombies, or other forms of monsters.

6. The method in claim 1 where said ideas spread like viruses, by being spoken, written, or disseminated in some other manner, transforming characters who come in contact with said ideas into vampires, zombies, or other forms of monsters, and where said vampires, zombies, and monsters may be saved or converted back to normal by coming in contact with ideas that oppose the ideas that made them vampires, zombies, and other forms of monsters.

7. The method in claim 1 where said ideas must be fought for via words and dialogue, before they have exalted consequences.

8. The method in claim 1 where said ideas must be fought for via deeds and actions, before they have exalted consequences.

9. The method in claim 1 where the player can fight for said ideas in word and deed, and witness the exalted consequences of those ideals, including liberty, freedom, and justice, when they succeed, and the dire consequences of tyranny, domination, and intimidation, when they fail to render exalted ideas, as ideas have consequences.

10. The method in claim 1 where the character can fight for said ideas such as marriage, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and right to life in word and deed, and witness the exalted consequences of those ideals, including a stable and enduring society should they succeed, and a declining, bankrupt civilization, should they fail.

11. The method in claim 1 where the character can battle for said ideas that are based upon classical moral and economic principles of famous philosophers, prophets, poets, statesmen, and economists including Plato, Moses, Jesus, Gandhi Sun Tzu, Buda, Jefferson, Aristotle, F. A. Hayek, Martin Luther King Jr., Homer, Ludwig Von Mises, Adam Smith, and others, and witness the consequences of both their success and failure of their battle, as the consequences are rendered in the game’s physical world.

12. The method in claim 1 where the character can battle for said ideas via both word and deed, using a combination of words and action, witnessing the consequences of their balance between word and deed, between reasoning and partaking in violence, thusly bringing to life epic classical works of film and literature wherein the hero must balance word and deed.

13. The method in claim 1 where fighting for said ideas in word and/or deed will have consequences regarding the operation of a weapon, which will operate at its full potential for the players and characters who are the most successful in serving ideals and ideas, and rendering them in word and deed.

14. The method in claim 1 wherein said ideas may be based upon Constitutional ideals and ideas underlying the American Founding, including the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, sound currency, the right to bear arms, the freedom of speech, the right of the artist, author, and inventor to own their creations and inventions; and wherein the player could fight for sound money in word and deed and witness the consequences of their successes and failures, including liberty, wealth creation, capitalism, freedom, private property, peace, and prosperity or rapid inflation, deflation, theft via the inflation tax, massive debt, empire, long lines, wealth transfer to the rich, depressions, corruption, and war.

15. The method in claim 1 where the said ideas will be supported or opposed by in-game characters, and the player will have to choose how to interact with the said in-game characters, based on their ideas, including but not limited to whether or not to befriend them, agree with them, disagree with them, ignore them, recruit them, shoot them, save them, judge them, or forgive them.

16. The method in claim 1 where the said ideas are based upon the pivotal plot points of the great books and classics.

17. The method in claim 1 where said ideas spread like viruses, by being spoken, written, or disseminated in some other manner, transforming characters who come in contact with said ideas into vampires, zombies, or other forms of monsters; and when bad ideas have infected too many in-game characters, the consequences are dire, including the loss of life, liberty, happiness, freedom, and security.

18. The method in claim 1 wherein said ideas may be related to economics and monetary policy, and wherein the player could fight for sound money in words echoing the classical economists and deed and witness the consequences of their successes and failures, including liberty, freedom, peace and prosperity or rapid inflation, deflation, theft via the inflation tax, massive debt, empire, long lines, depressions, corruption, and war.

19. The method in claim 1 wherein moral ideas have moral consequences in the evolution of the gameworld.

20. The method in claim 1 where said ideas in the video game world are founded upon the natural ideas and ideals occurring at the plot points in great works of literature and film where a character must choose whether to serve an ideal or not serve an ideal, thusly rendering or not rendering ideals real by their actions, and influencing the greater outcome and state of the game world, as ideas have consequences.

21. The method in claim 1 where said ideas in the video game world are used to exalt the classic hero’s journey, and where a player’s success and progress at every stage or step or plot point of said hero’s journey is defined by said player’s service or disservice to said ideas and ideals, and where by said player’s serving said ideas and classical ideals, said hero’s journey advances towards ultimate victory and triumph, while by said character’s failing to serve said ideas and classical ideals, progress in said hero’s journey is retarded or reversed.

The Whammer July 28, 2012 at 17:33

For prostitution they mean 18 not the age of consent. In some places where the age of consent is 17 like NYC the cops would only bother picking up whores under 16 to turn over to social services and even here the girl would have to look really young before they would even bother. Most prostitutes are young. No not as young as Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver(although there may have been a couple) but still pretty young and you won’t really find any over 30. As DiNero said in the film,’the cops don’t do anything”

Johnycomelatley July 28, 2012 at 17:47

“Vice cops.”

Feminism, the new Shariah of the West.

Mr. J July 28, 2012 at 17:51

quote: “no one is….organized enough to change it”

Historically, men refuse to organize or put much effort into ANYTHING.

Most men have shown that they will do anything, ANYTHING, to avoid paying attention.

GREAT BOOKS 4 MENZ Lzozozozolzo July 28, 2012 at 19:16

Ethical writes, “Children, especially today’s entitled young princesses, see the values exhibited in this treatment of their fathers very clearly. It’s as if the family court is teaching those girls that men are “marks” valuable only for their money. I couldn’t think of a more effective training system for underage prostitutes than a system which both removes the discipline of a father from the home, encourages women to subject their children to single motherhood by incentivizing women to divorce, and that teaches girls to see men to walking ATMs.”

Exactly!

Feminism objectifies men and reduces them to soulless slaves serving the feminist-fanboy-fiatocracy. :)

dhanu July 28, 2012 at 20:46

Yes, the headline is misleading, giving an impression of a kid killed sliding down.

The relevance of the story here is, if this case is dismissed by the court, thereby considering the drunk woman responsible for her own actions, how can the situation be different when a man is involved? I mean, in this case, because a man was not involved, a woman is being considered responsible even for her death. But as soon as a man gets involved, suddenly every smallest thing gone wrong magically turns into the man’s fault. Even the comments on the stories show this double standard.

Moral: MGTOW. Once you’re not involved with a woman, she’ll automatically be considered responsible for her actions.

freebird July 28, 2012 at 20:55

Ethical wrote:
“..the family court is teaching those girls that men are “marks” valuable only for their money.”

Standing ovation!
Best comment of the day.

The media is also complicit.

gilgamesh July 28, 2012 at 23:19

Pretty sure that since the Catholic Church recognizes that life begins at conception, they would be interested in the male pill. The media doesn’t seem to talk about this a lot, but the birth control women have now prevents a fertilized egg from implanting, whereas a male pill would temporarily block fertility and prevent the egg from being fertilized in the first place.

Gossypol was developed by Brazilian doctor Elsimar Coutinho and is already available in China. Since it is extracted from the seeds of cotton plants it is relatively inexpensive. And yes, this was the same pill that got rejected in Budapest by American feminists screaming “No male pill!” for completely selfish reasons.

The Catholic Church does want their followers to have large families but there is a chance they would get on board with this in order to prevent actual abortions. If they do agree, I don’t know how much pressure they could put on the mostly Protestant Anglosphere, but they could make it available in most of continental Europe. If anyone here knows who to contact it’s worth a shot.

Opus July 29, 2012 at 00:56

Come to England! – you can legally have sex with women aged sixteen (and over) and they can be paid for it too – and no one thinks that you are a a pervert – moreover in England we do not have ID, and thus who is to say that that woman who claims to be sixteen (and looks twenty-two) is telling the truth.

tiredofitall July 29, 2012 at 01:03

“Although I can’t say for certain that I ever personally knew any prostitutes when I was in high school, there were a number of girls who carried pagers (this is way back in the early 90s, before cell phones were common), and I don’t think they were selling crack.”

Well, they were peddling crack. Just not the illegal kind.

JFinn July 29, 2012 at 04:04

birther/nurturer(20 years) does not balance out provider(lifelong slave)/protector(cannon fodder.)

gilgamesh July 29, 2012 at 04:16

Sounds like more depraved indifference to me.

Roland3337 July 29, 2012 at 06:39

IMBRA…Oooo, Mr Price. You lay your finger upon the sore in my soul. That bigoted and hateful piece of legislation was the raindrop that started the flood, in terms of my own conversion as an MRA. In-your-face profiling by feminists as an evil male that was backed up by the force of law. It was not the first piece of anti-male legislation, but it was the one that woke me up.

Gone My Own Way July 29, 2012 at 08:03

I would appreciate a source for this statistic. If true, a very powerful response to the relentless media drum beat of “dead beat dads”.

PeterTheGreat July 29, 2012 at 08:17

A fairly interesting view of the irrationality and stupidity of feminist views on prostitution here –
Feminist arguments against prostitution debunked

The Geezer July 29, 2012 at 08:40

Excellent analysis Price. And yes, the “underaged” argument for increasing number is ginned up. I was at the WA Senate hearing, where former congresscritter Linda Smith had her “exhibit A” testify, and all the manginas on the committee, who I know well, were all over with sympathy.

The way they define “trafficed” includes illegal immigrants who PAY big money to be “trafficed”. The girl who testified was 17 1/2, had her daddy’s car, yet claimed to be held and put out on the street by thugs that SHE hooked up with. Home, by the way, was a two hour drive away. Lemmesee, daddy’s car, admits to being in contact with Daddy, two hours away, and she was trapped by the thugs?

Gimmeafreakinbreak.

The Geezer

best pub quiz names August 5, 2013 at 17:16

Some were practical, of course, but others were psychological and emotional.

Local country clubs are offering trivia
fun for as little as forty dollars per couple. Theme Format: It is almost like standard format
of the pub quiz.