The Problem With Sluts

by W.F. Price on July 26, 2012

Heartiste has a post up about the Kristen Stewart affair, in which she cheated on boyfriend Robert Pattinson with Snow White director Rupert Sanders.

See her here casting a sultry look at the not-very-attractive, much older director. If you’re not sure what female desire looks like, that’s exactly it. It’s rare to see it captured so clearly on a photo, so there you go.

Heartiste is right, as usual, where these matters are concerned:

Yep. Pattinson’s a younger guy who hasn’t yet developed the confidence and swagger that years of being in charge of hot young starlets gives a guy. As a director, Sanders is quite literally the boss of beautiful young women. For these girls, who are used to being catered to hand and foot by ordinary men, that’s erotic, and probably hard to resist. It’s yet another reason we should think twice about putting young wives to work with men who have higher relative status in the office than their husbands do at home. That’s obviously a recipe for marital disaster.

However, some may ask why this is such a big deal. Pattinson may have just gained the opportunity to be done with a slutty girlfriend, so what’s the problem?

Well, think about how this will play out. Pattinson is young enough that this will eventually be forgotten, but in the meanwhile he’s going to pay for it. Older, higher-status men taking women from their younger boyfriends/husbands is nothing new, and quite frankly it’s often how they put up-and-coming young men in their place. Nobody really feels sorry for a chump whose woman cheated on him — they tend to laugh at him. It’s unfortunate, but it seems to be human nature.

In a business like Hollywood, losing respect is not very good for your career. A guy whose girlfriend cheated on him is going to have a harder time landing a leading role. The girl, for her part, takes some punishment as well. But the alpha male cheater doesn’t really lose. In fact, he tends to gain respect (whether people admit it or not). Therefore, the woman who cheats betrays her man socially and professionally as well as sexually. It’s a very nasty thing to do to a guy, because unlike a betrayed wife, he gets ridicule instead of sympathy.

Cheating women don’t just make you feel bad; they make you look bad, too. And that does have real life consequences. When women betray men, it really is worse.

The one positive thing is that this will probably damage Stewart’s career more than Pattinson’s. He’s got decades to live this down, but by the time it’s forgotten she’ll already be over the hill for an actress.

Sluts just screw things up for lots of people. That’s why we shame them, and should continue to do so.

meistergedanken July 26, 2012 at 13:46

Recently it was exactly the same scenario with Rose McGowan and Robert Rodriguez while filming “Grindhouse”. And Mila Jovavich and Paul Anderson with “Resident Evil”, Ingrid Bergman and Rossalini and so on back to the dawn of cinema, I imagine.

Joan Crawford always made a point of seducing her directors because she thought it made for a good working relationship during shooting – and she would have more leverage to get her way on set.

My wife was pretty peeved at Rodriguez when the story broke, naturally heaping the lion’s share of the blame on him (because he was older and had a wife and kids), but I pointed out to her, “look, in the movie she’s a ‘go-go- dancer’, doing a pole dance at the beginning of the film with plenty of sweaty close-ups. Are you telling me that, if you are the director, telling her how to thrust and pose and move, and are getting the lighting just right on her taut flesh, and daily looking at the footage of her close-up in a lens, with the opportunity to make her as sexy as you can possibly imagine, AND she turns on the charm and lets you know she’s up for a good BANG, that you are going to turn that down??!! What guy is going to do that?”

She agreed with me. Like we have said here before: women are the gatekeepers. They have to learn how – and when – to keep their legs closed.

Turbo the Drycleaner July 26, 2012 at 14:05

Dont feel too bad for the guy, the relationship was almost certainly a PR move to coax twilight fans into foaming at the mouth (if bella can get edward in real life, so can I!). Theres always some celebrity cheating on some other celebrity over in celebrity fairyland. much of the relationship drama going on there is publicity driven.

W.F. Price July 26, 2012 at 14:08

-Meistergedanken

Oh, Rose did that?

I guess it doesn’t surprise me. I met her briefly about 20 years ago when she came back from LA to visit clan McGowan. She had a bit of an attitude. I’ll leave it at that, but I have fond memories of the family, so I wish her well.

Okrahead July 26, 2012 at 14:15

Slut shaming is a good and noble thing. The giant problem with slut shaming in today’s society, however, can be explained in the cliche from all the old vampire/zombie movies: How do you kill what’s already dead?

Josh the Aspie July 26, 2012 at 14:18

Okay, I feel sorry for the guy as a guy. That he works in Hollywood however gives me no additional reason to feel sorry for him. If anything, it gives me less. A more extreme example would be how I wouldn’t feel any worse for him if his job happened to be torturing young men to death.

Uncle Elmer July 26, 2012 at 14:23

I know how Robert feels. Today ForeignBride told me she loves this guy, that she’s gonna give him a bath and massage for him :

Josh the Aspie July 26, 2012 at 14:24

Okrahead: In one of the following ways.

1. Shot gun slug to the head.
2. Fire.
3. Acid.
4. A giant, earth-shattering (not really) kaboom.

Androgynous July 26, 2012 at 14:32

“Like we have said here before: women are the gatekeepers. They have to learn how – and when – to keep their legs closed.”

That is why men who have the strength of character, willpower and control to say No are Gods, worthy of their wives love and yes, worship.

Uncle Elmer July 26, 2012 at 14:44
zed July 26, 2012 at 15:36

women are the gatekeepers (of sex). They have to learn how – and when – to keep their legs closed.

That is only a half-truth. As the horrible consequences of sex have shifted from men to women – paternity fraud, child support, false rape accusations – more and more men are becoming gatekeepers. I spent all of my 40s and the first part of my 50s running over-sexed, over-bearing, over-the-hill women out of my life, instead of being suckered into bed with them which would have been construed after the fact as making a promise to them I never intended to make.

Even when I was a brainless ball of hormones as a teen-aged male, I turned down numerous offers of pussy which was being offered to me on a silver platter, because I already had a girlfriend (who I had never had sex with) and felt loyalty toward her.

Women are the “gatekeepers of sex” only if you consider all men bottom-feeders.

Days of Broken Arrows July 26, 2012 at 15:40

I don’t know about this because:

1). The whole Stewart-Pattinson thing may have been a Hollywood set up, which people have mentioned and which studios still do

2). It may have been a set up to divert attention away from another “issue” with Pattinson that would make him a lot less popular with female fans.

Justinian July 26, 2012 at 15:56

I dont understand why male actors even bother with holywood starlets. Its almost a given that famous actresses end up as childless spinsters or have the designer child at 40. If I was a famous actor, I would use my fame to bang the living daylights out of all the anonymous 9s and 10s out there.

Famous young actresses are at the absolute peak of the social structure and there arent any men in the world that can satisfy hypergamy at that point. They are completely insuitable for anything other than short term fuck and chucks. Even male celebreties cant keep them tied down

AfOR July 26, 2012 at 16:40

Why go to hollyweird?

PoF is full of married sluts looking for illicit affairs, hell, there are entire websites that specialize in it…

saying sluts are the problem is like saying unscrupulous car dealers are the problem, either make selling dodgy cars illegal, or stop paying top dollar for a dodgy car and rewarding the dealer.

sluts cost me exactly what they are worth, sweet fuck all
(here come the downvotes)

Tony July 26, 2012 at 16:47

I think this relationship was planned for PR purposes; to give Twilight more publicity. However, the cheating affects this young actor’s reputation. He will need to make some important changes in his career in order to shake the label the media is imposing to him. If you take a look at ‘adultery’ and its role in every religion, you will find that most (if not all of them) punish female adultery. And I am talking about very strong punishements. I am not aware of any other time in history when female adultery was so rampant and with so much impunity. The lesson here is: do not get involved with the people you work with….

keyster July 26, 2012 at 17:08

Honestly guys, as a Twilight fan this whole thing is too upsetting for me to comment on right now. Can Robert ever forgive Kristen? And what of Rupert’s wife Liberty and the kids? Will true love conquer all?

It’s the not-knowing that eats me up inside.

gilgamesh July 26, 2012 at 17:22

I dunno, I think sluts cost a hell of a lot more than what they’re worth. Why else would they try to hide their sexual history?

"The One" July 26, 2012 at 18:59

I think they were not likely to stay together anyway. So she cheated and publicized her apology to damage his status prior to the inevitable break-up. This is how Feminists think.

The reality is, she would have been better off simply allowing herself to be rejected by this guy. But now it’s on the public record that another guy had her too, and she was unfaithful, which further diminishes her desirability.

So she has her pride in a slutty kind of way. If she keeps it up, she’ll become an embittered cat lady with nothing but her slut’s pride, which is bordering on delusional.

Women who cheat in order to reduce the social status of their man experience a temporary feeling of superiority, but in the long run they’ve hurt themselves the most. Cest la vie.

gilgamesh July 26, 2012 at 19:18

Why male actors go for starlets? Sense of accomplishment from snagging someone everyone else wants, I guess. Not sure why it isn’t more obvious how awful these women are, I never would have guessed it before I came here.

dannyfrom504 July 26, 2012 at 19:49

Keyster-

that made me el-oh-el.

Bob Smith July 26, 2012 at 20:24

Underworld star Kate Beckinsale dumped her husband for Underworld director Len Wiseman.

gilgamesh July 26, 2012 at 20:52

@the one

I’ve never seen adulterous women get bad publicity. Either the media sweeps them under the rug like Arnold’s mistress, or they blame the husband for magically driving the poor dearie into the arms of another man.

David Collard July 26, 2012 at 21:36

As I said at Heartiste:

The only man with power over an actress is a director. That is why Kristen Stewart let her director fuck her, and why Chloe Sevigny sucked her director’s cock on camera, as I point out here:

When I posted this comment at Heartiste I got a LOT of people going to my blog. Be advised, it is just a discussion about the film Metropolitan with a few remarks about the Sevigny thing. Nothing erotic.

Andrew S. July 26, 2012 at 22:50

I had an uncle that was an actor in L.A. and was dating a wannabe starlet. She was about as close to a 10 as I had ever seen up close. She’d been in a Rod Stewart video, an episode of Cheers, and a few other things. Well while she was dating my uncle she got a part in a Michael Bolton video and it doesn’t take a genius to figure what happened next.

There will always be a someone a little more alpha out there no matter who you are and women will always get wet for the guy who is just slightly more alpha. So even if you’re the male star of huge movie franchise and every teen girl wants to fuck you, it still won’t save you from this reality.

greyghost July 27, 2012 at 01:24

This guy needs to drop that bitch and fast. What she is going to do now if it looks like she will be seen as a slut and treated as so, she is gong to get herself knocked up. She is going to do that I’m sorry shit and beta million doller actor will make love to this slut bitch and she is knocked up and gone and a new victim of this bad man Patterson. Her affair will be seen and reported as a cry for help. As soon as the beta chump tries to be with his child he will be branded as controlling and what ever. Some how some way she is going to get her virginity back by making herself out as a victim of the guy she cheated on.

JoeS July 27, 2012 at 01:26

Beware of the knowing look.

ron July 27, 2012 at 01:51

The main point you made is very important mr. Price. That husbands need to be very careful if their women are working for more powerful attractive men.

Meisterdankin also made an important point – that sometimes men and women are simply not going to be able to control themselves, and that is going to be pretty poor consolation if you are the husband/boyfriend.

And we should also be aware of a lighter form of adultery, where no actual sexual activity takes place, but the woman puts the authoritative man on a higher level than her husband. The only two men in her life she should be putting on a high level like that is either her mate, or her father, and her mate should take precedence. Very few things can emasculate a man more effectively than seeing his woman look up past him to another man.

In any case, my point is that while feminism has been encouraging women to become career moms, this policy is something husbands and married fathers should be incredibly wary of. Human nature cannot be wiped away just because some tenured sociopath in a university says it so.

walking in hell2 July 27, 2012 at 02:25

“You can be the best looking man in the world, but if you’re a beta in your core (and there is evidence in his quoted words that Pattinson is an unreconstructed beta) you will suffer a higher chance of getting cheated on by your girlfriend if she spends any nontrivial amount of time with an alpha male who has the ATTITUDE.”

True. Because of this phenomenon, all betas should be protected by a set of laws that prevent other men from fornicating with his property (woman).

The problem I have with this argument is that American women are so revolting, inside and out, they have negative value and are not fit to own as property, except in some kind of Clydesdale workhorse kind of way.

walking in hell July 27, 2012 at 02:31

@price

That picture is a classic. It pretty much sums up what the poor American man is up against: “a human garbage female with no loyalty that will publicly destroy a man’s life on a whim and think it’s funny.”

What do they say, a “picture is worth a thousand dry heaves.”

zed July 27, 2012 at 05:24

Who is Kristen Stewart?

Seriously. Doesn’t anyone have anything better to do with their lives than peer in some bimbo’s bedroom window?

God, we have become such a culture of voyeurs.

Dr. Grzlickson July 27, 2012 at 06:14

She needs to file down her two front teeth.

uh July 27, 2012 at 06:16

I hear that in the biz, this is known as the Clooney Method.

lushfun.com July 27, 2012 at 06:20

I agree with your last paragraph and most of what you wrote.
She may be over the hill perhaps even now is her peak and this was the beginning of the last hurrah.

The problem it seems is that to a degree in my view this got out because someone wanted it out. Perhaps her publicist thought it would be a good idea and the push it would give her career. I have no idea really.

My thoughts are this was a push for something on her part and a social power play if you will, perhaps a tantrum.

Loyalty seems to have gone by the way of dinosaurs and inspiring it like every good general is a necessity in the battle of life. -(I sound insanely prozaic here I think, no idea what prozaic means)

Donkey July 27, 2012 at 07:15

[quote]So his father went down to the woman, and made a feast for his son Samson: for so the young men used to do.

And when the citizens of that place saw him, they brought him thirty companions to be with him. And Samson said to them: I will propose to you a riddle, which if you declare unto me within the seven days of the feast, I will give you thirty shirts, and as many coats: But if you shall not be able to declare it, you shall give me thirty shirts and the same number of coats. They answered him: Put forth the riddle that we may hear it. And he said to them: Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness. And they could not in three days expound the riddle. And when the seventh day came, they said to the wife of Samson: Soothe thy husband, and persuade him to tell thee what the riddle meaneth. But if thou wilt not do it, we will burn thee, and thy father’s house. Have you called us to the wedding on purpose to strip us?

So she wept before Samson and complained, saying: Thou hatest me, and dost not love me: therefore thou wilt not expound to me the riddle which thou hast proposed to the sons of my people. But he answered: I would not tell it to my father and mother, and how can I tell it to thee? So she wept before him the seven days of the feast: and at length on the seventh day as she was troublesome to him, he expounded it. And she immediately told her countrymen. And they on the seventh day before the sun went down said to him: What is sweeter than honey? and what is stronger than a lion? And he said to them: If you had not ploughed with my heifer, you had not found out my riddle. And the spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he went down to Ascalon, and slew there thirty men, whose garments he took away and gave to them that had declared the riddle. And being exceeding angry he went up to his father’s house: But his wife took one of his friends and bridal companions for her husband. [/quote]
Judges 14

Samson took his revenge on their countrymen, and in response the Philistines slew his wife and his father-in-law.

Uncle Elmer July 27, 2012 at 07:53

more feminist “science”…

Every Man You Work With Thinks You Want To Sleep With Him

elmer is tired of this :

Of all the female conceits published daily in ForbesWoman, this one really takes the cake. All ForbesWomen need to function are the words “New Study” and they are off on flights of gender-prose eloquence.

Scientific American has plummeted from a respected popular science journal to a laffable women’s study rag on par with “Psychology Today”.

As for all the guys at work wanting to rogure you, they would do a hole in the mud if given the chance so don’t get a swollen head over it. And frankly, every place I have worked that featured female co-workers I had to dodge their continual overtures to get me in the sack .

It is women, not men, who instigate most episodes of workplace sex play. And any man stupid enough to engage in a “friendship” with a female co-worker is a hopeless beta hoping he will eventually snag some action when he professes his true love for her, which has an extreme dessicating effect on the woman, who was only using his attention to inflate her vapid ego.

Mikediver July 27, 2012 at 08:34

Clooney is not quite looking for anonymous 9s and 10s. He is dating models and aspiring actresses in their late 20s to late 30s. These women do quite well out of being seen and associated with Clooney in the press. They all come out better for the experience. and he moves on to the next. This is the key to his success; don’t get married, no matter how alpha you are.

Depp did the true anonymous 9/10 thing. He even followed the best practices available and married a woman from outside the anglosphere and did not bring her to the US. And he stayed away from Hollyweird to the greatest extent he could. But he f**ked it up by marrying and having kids at all. Now he is divorced. There will be a huge outflow of cash from him to her.

keyster July 27, 2012 at 09:00

God, we have become such a culture of voyeurs.

The number one search topic on Google is consistently anything related to celebrity gossip.

Rebel July 27, 2012 at 09:08

Wholly weird stars can barely be taken as an example of good conduct.

ConantheContrarian July 27, 2012 at 10:11

Pattinson can shake off the beta particle fallout from his woman’s affair with another man by ignoring her. Ignore her phone calls, her texts, etc. Kick her to the curb. Go out, be seen with other women. Simple as that.

JFP July 27, 2012 at 11:51

Or you know, we could slut shame like in the past. The past 50 or so years have shown they sure as hell won’t self regulate. They’ve created a nanny state to avoid judgement while shaming anyone who speaks out the truth.

On top of that, like Zed said, you can be your own gatekeeper with some self respect and keep your zipper closed. Go and bang a slut, they’re not hard to find or a hooker.

continent July 27, 2012 at 16:31

Police gives anti-rape advice to women/ Drudge Report.

Nasquam Humanitus July 27, 2012 at 22:39

Justinian – “I dont understand why male actors even bother with holywood starlets.” “If I was a famous actor, I would use my fame to bang the living daylights out of all the anonymous 9s and 10s out there.”

Could be a bad idea! You would greatly increase your chances of an “oops pregnancy” or false rape accusation. I would assume that actors/actresses/directors mainly stick to their own kind exactly because of all the social/financial factors associated with their occupation. It’s not Wall Street and it certainly isn’t the local university.

ActaNonVerba July 27, 2012 at 23:14

Natalie Portman….Kristin Stewart, et al. Wildly overrated actresses getting parts and praise they don’t deserve. Skanky cheaters banging colleagues while colleagues already have significant other, they have a significant other, or both. They have something else in common too. Can’t remember what it is. Oh well, I’ll just think about it while I munch my bagel.

Anonymous July 28, 2012 at 05:37

Kristen Stewart: Sexing her way up… to being an old, unwanted skank.

crella July 28, 2012 at 07:16

I had to look her up…..she played Bella in Twilight, so I guess that explains the fascination with her every move.

I was saying that recently to a friend, that American TV can be divided into three main categories; gossip, fright propaganda, and voyeurism. The last is the most common I think…any programming on TLC qualifies- ‘I didn’t know I was pregnant’, ‘Baby story’ ‘Say ‘Yes’ to the Dress’, ‘Bridezillas’ the Kate Gosselin series (forget the name) etc are all peeping in people’s windows, views of cat fights, family feuds and all manner of ugly behavior people used to have to good sense to keep to themselves.

Rusty July 31, 2012 at 14:13

If you send your wife to work under another man, he is over her, he is her master, she is his slave. Think about that, beta boy.

lee September 15, 2013 at 20:04

Seems like the director is a beta too. Kristen’s the alpha. Destroyed both men and carried on down the road.