Kids in Town

by W.F. Price on July 16, 2012

My kids have been in town for the last couple weeks, and I have about another month left before they leave. I’m really enjoying my time with them, and find myself kind of surprised how true that cliché about kids growing up fast really is. It seems like yesterday that my son was in diapers, and now he’s riding his bike at full speed, swimming and running all over the place. My daughter, who used to be so tiny, is no longer so easy to pick up and put on my shoulders. They even have their own social lives at school with friends and classmates.

My arrangement is far from ideal, as I have to drive hundreds of miles per month during the school year to see the kids on too-short weekends and holidays. I miss them terribly when I go for up to a month without seeing them. You never really get over not having your kids sleep in your house every evening. It can be pretty doleful to wake up alone without the little ones to liven the place up.

However, I have it a lot better than many men, who either don’t see their children at all or can’t afford to see them as much as the law allows. Parenthood is an enormous part of many people’s lives, and any parent that misses so much of it is deprived of one of life’s most important chapters. Divorced men who are separated from their children truly live incomplete lives, and usually through no great fault of their own. Anyone who has children and doesn’t feel for them must have a heart of stone.

Furthermore, even men who don’t divorce are usually deprived of a great deal of time with their kids due to social expectations about the man’s role. There used to be a time when work and family were not mutually exclusive, but sadly for most of us that is no longer the case. In fact, if my ex still lived in Seattle I’d probably have more quality time with my kids as a divorced man than your typical married guy. When faced with the threat of loss, you tend to cherish your time with the children, so you make the sacrifices necessary to be with them.

This summer, I intend to spend the rest of my time with the kids doing lots of fun things, biking, fishing, playing and going to the beach. So there may be a few gaps in the content from time to time; it’s the price I pay, and it’s worth it.

Perhaps the most important mission of this site, and the one about which I feel most strongly, is to bring fathers and children together. Not only is fatherhood necessary for a civilized society, but for children’s well-being, and I sincerely believe that depriving children and fathers of the opportunity to know and love each other is a crime against humanity.

HeligKo July 16, 2012 at 13:53

Keep writing. To know you have it better than many scares me. I have it much better, but I have to be ever vigilant, because one simple ruling from a man in a black robe can change everything. You are a constant reminder of that. You are also a constant reminder that it is worth it.

Josh the Aspie July 16, 2012 at 14:00

Have fun with your kids Price. I really hope you have a good time together, and that you can shape their lives and characters well, to be promising members of society. You serve up some great content here, but I agree that your kids come first.

Personally, I’ve been getting more in touch with my Father, and respect him far more than I did when I was young. I hope that some day he can see me more for who I am, though he still seems held back in his understanding by the challenges I face as an Aspie.

In the near future, I’m looking forward to seeing my Dad’s expression when I give him some presents that recently came in. I think he’ll enjoy them.

beta_plus July 16, 2012 at 14:05

“There used to be a time when work and family were not mutually exclusive, but sadly for most of us that is no longer the case.”

This is the most stunning part of hypergamy gone wild. Men are taxed, either directly through social welfare or indirectly through regulations, to pay for families that are not their own and will possibly produce children who want to kill them.

interested July 16, 2012 at 14:11

I totally agree Bill. I have my kids every other week, but that still represents a 50 percent reduction in what I used to share with them. All because their mom became unhappy.

But my kids sound like they are a bit older than yours. And ALL kids are a lot more observant than we believe. They see what the story is.

That’s why I tell you not to be surprised when you start getting calls and texts from your kids asking about how custody can be changed so they can live with you all the time. Or when they start making comments about how unhaaapppy their mother is. Because as many of us who have been through the “I’m not happy” divorce mill know, the underlying issues that made their mom unhappy don’t disappear with a divorce. The kids know it too.

Norm July 16, 2012 at 14:21

Have you discussed vaccines with your X? In B.C. you can opt out. We all know about the swine flu hoax and the gardisil deaths. My niece passed out when she got her gardisil shot in school. Fortunately, no after effects so far. In BC they want to give them to boys now. Big pharma $$ grab. Vaccines also coincide with increased autism and allergies.

AverageMarriedGuy July 16, 2012 at 14:23

Nice post. My kids each have their own room, but do a “sleepover” with each other once or twice a week. Last night they had one and wanted me to sleep with them which I did. Really cool waking up next to them. Cherish the times, they’re growing up pretty fast.

Russ July 16, 2012 at 14:42

Yuppers. Parents with primary custody should never be allowed to move more than 30 minutes away from the other parent. It’s kidnapping.

Tom Smith July 16, 2012 at 14:47

Mr. Price- Spend the time with your kids. It’s time you will never get back. People in the manosphere will send you some ideas, so perhaps you can post a piece or two when you get the chance. While I check your content daily, you are completely better off spending the time with them.

Like you, I agree the time you spend with the kids makes the world a better place. The kids realize- more than you think- your situation. And your daughter (hopefully) will not become a tart because of your influence. Have a good summer vacation time with them. -T

ahamkara July 16, 2012 at 14:57

Amen. So many women don’t understand how cruel this is. They convince themselves that the guys “deserve” it, that the guys don’t really care about their kids. They convince themselves that mothers are more important than fathers, and nobody tells them otherwise. Women are slapping each other on the back for doing this to their children and it sickens me.

Firepower July 16, 2012 at 14:58

Nothing about a white male having kids today is good.

Kids will not be the same cuddly-wuddlies they are at 8 when they hit 18.
In 30 years, America WILL be a dangerous toilet. Then, when WE are old and helpless we’ll be lucky to catch a bullet – but those cute kids will be 40 and in a world of shit.

Sowee – just the way it is…

Rebel July 16, 2012 at 15:18

Very touching, your text. I understand what you are going through. At least, I can imagine it. Enjoy the presence of your children as much as you can. You will definitely make a difference in their lives.

“I sincerely believe that depriving children and fathers of the opportunity to know and love each other is a crime against humanity. ”

You are quite right in saying that. Maybe I will see the day when feminist judges will be brought to trial and sentenced for high treason.
The amplitude of their crimes is immeasurable.

Elusive Wapiti July 16, 2012 at 17:00

“Firepower July 16, 2012 at 14:58

Nothing about a white male having kids today is good.”

Says you. I have three sons and find that it is very good.

Now the environment they will inherit is certainly hostile to them. They will be a three-fer, esp if/when they become Christians.

I myself am presently on the last week of my court-designated summer visitation with S1 and S2 (thus the paucity of posting to my own blog…have been too busy with higher priority things, frankly). This visit has been better than most, and I thank God for the opportunity to make up for lost time.

Keep the faith, WFP and other non-custodial dads. It does get better.

Pugs Fugly July 16, 2012 at 17:05

I’m lucky enough to have my four-year old daughter from the 1st to the 15th of every month, and time never moves slower than when she’s not here. By the same token, the 15 days that I do have her seem to fly by.

It’s not an ideal arrangement, but it is better than most fathers get, although many of them deserve to have (and their children would certainly benefit from having) much more time to spend together.

I often find myself standing in her bedroom doorway about ten times a night when she’s not here. Her absence turns our home back into an ordinary house, and it seems very empty without her running around.

Elvis July 16, 2012 at 17:41
Eric July 16, 2012 at 18:46

Price:
One of the things I am thankful for escaping in my pre-MRA days was having kids by some vindicative bitch who schemed night and day on how to deprive me of them. I’ve come to believe that the majority of American women today would have been classified as sociopaths in a more enlightened age.

I did have a a couple of ex’s who were ‘heroic single moms’ though. One of them had a son whom I last saw when he was 8. About a year ago, I ran into his mom and she told me that he’s now 16 and in the State Pen. Another one had a really cute little daughter, I last saw her when she was 7. A friend of her mom’s told me a few months ago that the girl, now 19, is a single mom, too, by some thug who’s also vacationing in the ‘pokey’.

Yeah, bitches…you didn’t ‘need a man’, did ‘ya?

Rocco July 16, 2012 at 19:36

Women who create “high conflict” custody situations are child abusers and those that move the children away are kidnappers of the worse kind.

Like many feminist lies this is so obvious that soon laws will reflect these facts.

Men must maintain their inner balance because kids raised this way are easily alienated from their fathers leading those fathers most involved with their children the most hurt.

Take a parenting class or read up on child develpment so you know how to anticipate their changes as they get older.

Love your kids but take care of yourself while you go your own way.

Eric July 16, 2012 at 20:03

Rocco:

Child psychology can be useful for a lot of men in these situations. Pre-pubescent children have no developed higher reasoning powers, but biology has equipped them with a higher perceptual sense during their earlier development. In other words, they can ‘feel’ a father’s love and concern is genuine, and realize that it doesn’t seem to match up with Mommy-Dearest’s lies about him. And they also see the differences between the fathers and the bad-boy lovers their moms slut around with.

That’s why a large percentage of them decide to move back to the father when they’re old enough to choose, leaving their ‘heroic single mom’ to ride the Cock Carousel unmolested.

A really good book on child psychology is ‘Growth of the Mind’ by Kurt Koffka. I’m not sure it’s still in print, but a used bookstore can probably furnish a copy. And since Futrelle recently had a good guffaw over my previous references to Koffka, you know no feminist flatheads are going to be reading him anytime soon (not that they can understand anything deeper than Oprah anyway).

Atahualpa July 16, 2012 at 20:18

continent July 16, 2012 at 20:59

W.F.Price.
Keep up the good work so in the twilight of your years you don’t have to sing Harry Chapin’s “Cats in the Cradle and the Silver Moon” Link;

Pooch mule July 16, 2012 at 21:01

I haven’t seen my son in 8 months, she didn’t put him on plane , it is child abuse, it does mess you up, courts, lawyers, child support agencies, just to get a moment with your kid while he’s still young. She’s a real feminist queen, spitefully jealous of a fathers love and another family caring for a kid! I hope he can see thru all this when he grows up!

Anonnymous July 16, 2012 at 21:52

It’s a white male cowards idea within the majority white gender eunuch culture, that entitles females to dominate and to control family member relationships by armed police and by other public officials.

If not for the majority white gender eunuch culture, under which men are humiliated and diminished, the white female will know her place in the family as but one amongst equals, and other females will follow the example.

Justinian July 16, 2012 at 23:30

Russian and American Birth Rates Have Rapidly Converged

German births fall to record low but immigration surges

Feminism-induced suicide of the West continues……..

walking in hell2 July 17, 2012 at 01:53

“I sincerely believe that depriving children and fathers of the opportunity to know and love each other is a crime against humanity.”

Could not agree with you more. The evidence is overwhelming that “bastardized” children have higher incarceration rates, higher rates of depression and suicide, lower rates of academic achievement, etc.

As this evidence is becoming more established, there has been a push to assign blame for the heinous crime of bastardizing children. Of course, only fathers have blamed. This blame was characterized most despicably by Barrak Obama’s shameless father’s day speeches berating “absent” fathers.

In the last year, within the Anglosphere newspapers, there has been a concerted propaganda effort to represent the evildoers (judges and barristers) as somehow “not responsible” for the bastardization of children.

As the sickening effects of divorce on children, fathers, and society become more established, the evildoers are attempting to “recast” and “reinvent” themselves in an attempt to disassociate themselves from their heinous crimes.

In some of the creepiest propaganda I have ever seen, the judges and barristers have been presented as somehow “humorous” and “human.”

Here are several propaganda examples that illustrate different styles of deceit by the evildoers:

1) Deflecting blame back on the parents for getting divorced and not being reasonable.

2) The evildoers accepting a very limited amount of responsibility (limited hang-out tactic). “I am only human.”

3) The evildoers presenting themselves as “champions” of marriage.
Britains-divorce-addiction.html

4) The evildoers presenting themselves as compassionate “experts” on divorce.

Just as cockroaches disappear down the urinal drain when the rest room light is flicked on, we can expect the evildoers to run and hide as the evidence becomes more well-know that “father amputated” children suffer lifelong hardships.

What we won’t see are questions such as these:

“Judge, can you tell me why you assigned child support orders that drove men into homelessness and suicide?”

“Judge, can you tell me how it is in child’s best interest to create a situation that amputates the child’s father from his life?”

“Judge, can you tell me how many children you bastardized?”

Expect more such propaganda and an INCREASE in crimes against fathers and children, as the general public are deceived into believing things are actually getting better, simply because the general public are more aware of the evil deeds.

The gears of America’s secret bastard factories will keep turning, dismembering families, severing children and fathers, and duping stupid women; all in an effort to keep the ransom money flowing to the evildoers, with no concern for the misery, sadness, and death which they are inflicting on untold numbers of children and fathers.

walking in hell2 July 17, 2012 at 01:59

“This I couldn’t agree with you more. Once the social fad of demonizing men passes and the consequences of the government policies towards dads are able to be examined factually, I predict future generations will regard the systematic removal of men from their children in the same way as the internment of the Japanese Amercans in the 40s is regarded today.”

A website with judges names associated with the number of children they bastardized, and the fathers they destroyed, would be a good monument to the crimes against humanity by the evildoers.

Opus July 17, 2012 at 02:31

Reflecting on the sad tales mentioned in the essay and comments on this thread, I was wondering what Welmer’s views are with regard to something I see as far worse than any divorce situation, namely, the sending of a child to a boarding school (at say age seven): an institution where one is confined within a limited area at all times for months on end; deprived of all personal possessions, with hair cut so short (like a Nun) so as to remove any sense of person; forced to wear a uniform at all times and to sleep in the same room as sixty or so other children; deprived of all privacy; deprived of all affection and warmth with another human or animal; deprived of any communication with ones friends and family – and this in the expectation that the child will become a well-adapted adult and grateful for the experience.

Alan Vaughn July 17, 2012 at 02:55

LOL…
Certainly none of Fraudtrelle’s regular gaggle of hysterical air-heads anyway.
And:

Hopefully when they attain the age when facing the marriage decision, they will realize that it isn’t even a decision – NO WAY!
Or, in the case of daughters: (realizing this is probably being very over-optimistic) they will learn from the errors of their wayward mothers and make sure they become their exact opposites: thinking there’s no way in hell or anywhere else, they will subject their children to a life of misandry related instability and turmoil, like that they had to suffer at the whim of their harlot ‘heroic single-moms’.

However (back to reality): the feminist female friendly doctrine that will be drummed into them from the day they start school, will soon justify that behaviour to them and by the time they are ready to enter college, will probably be aspiring to an even more promiscuous, wealthy (at EX-husband’s expense) ‘herioc single-mom’ lifestyle than their mothers enjoyed…

Eric July 17, 2012 at 02:57

Opus,
Since I went through something similar I can give you my take on it, although I went at 12 and the school wasn’t quite as rigorous as yours. Where I went was basically an orphanage and school combined.

The good side was that it caused us to grow up faster. There wasn’t any of the ‘extended childhood’ stuff and we had to learn to survive. My bio mom was living with a bad-boy, so I was spared that experience.

Given the divorce rate and the horrid milieus most children grow up in today, it’s hard to say whether being deprived of the family experience actually would have made much of a difference between us and anybody else.

Eric July 17, 2012 at 03:00

Alan,
You’re right as usual. LOL The grrrlz are going have it completely reinforced by the schools and media that men are to blame for everything.

At least with the internet, the guys can come into contact with foreign women and realize they’re being lied to about the superiority of Amerobitches too.

freebird July 17, 2012 at 06:20

Enjoy that time with the kids.
After it’s all said and done those will be the memories you cherish.
The content can wait.

Keyster July 17, 2012 at 09:05

Once the social fad of demonizing men passes and the consequences of the government policies towards dads are able to be examined factually,…

That’s a pretty optimistic prognostication given the current state of affairs. Political Correctness will not allow anyone to deem Dads necessary in the public discourse. The slow degradation of society is ALWAYS because of something else. VERY impolitic to say fatherlessness is a problem. And as long as Feminist, Inc. controls the podium and the conversation, mothers will be exhalted and fathers superfluous. On the contrary it’s all MEN’S FAULT for not manning-up and being more responsible, (ie- kissing wife’s ass so she doesn’t file for divorce).

The way fatherlessness is self-perpetuating with each generation, I think society will just be too far gone for anything like a “Father Renaissance” to take place. Look at the Black culture today (73% of children born out of wedlock). Whites are not far behind (41%).

Bastards breed bastards and whores always abound.

Men are supposed to WANT to parent their children from afar. It’s just something he should do, almost naturally at this point. If Bible thumping SoCons would stop shaming husbands and fathers and start critically evaluating the wives and mothers, there might be some progress – – but they won’t dare do that because it alienates their financial base – – and many of those “leaders” have mothers and wives and sisters and daughters of their own.

“The family supports capitalism. The family is part of the superstructure. It passes on ideologies that justify inequality. This passing on of ideology enables the bourgeoisie to maintain control of the economic base. – Karl Marx

Feminism is the Marxist tool, the Trojan Horse unleashed, meant to destroy the family and thus capitalism, from within.

Jacquie July 17, 2012 at 09:38

Reading posts like this one and the comments that follow brings me back to my own childhood being the kid raised by a single feminist mother who used me as a pawn at her convenience. I remember days at the courthouse while dad plead to the courts. I didn’t understand everything going on at the time. As a teen I began to understand but had to hide the fact that I was sneaking around on the weekends to visit my dad so that we could avoid the fallout for as long as possible. For various reasons living with my dad was not an option, but I knew he cared about me and loved me. He was there for me when I needed him. In the end we had the really good relationship and I treasure everything he put into being my dad.

Firepower July 17, 2012 at 09:47

Elusive Wapiti July 16, 2012 at 17:00

“Firepower July 16, 2012 at 14:58

Nothing about a white male having kids today is good.”

Says you. I have three sons and find that it is very good.

The same subjectivity applies to you in the “says you” retort. People have kids…for their benefit, not the kids. It’s good “now” but later – it’s gonna be bad. If you foresee Future America as better than today, you’ve ignored The Trend – something I’d not expected from you.

That doesn’t sound good…

Court-Supervised Parenting sounds like a blast…

Keep the faith, WFP and other non-custodial dads. It does get better.

Says…You

Alex F July 17, 2012 at 15:16

Really sorry to read about this. Women’s pathological selfishness at breaking up families and depriving fathers and children from being together is deplorable, and, I agree, by far the worst part of feminism. Kids aren’t stupid, though; they instinctively know who the stable, sane, real parent is, which is why so many of them end up hating their mothers and wanting to be back with their dads. Same story for everyone of divorced parents I know.

Mr. J July 17, 2012 at 17:25

“a website with the names of judges who bastardized children and destroyed fathers”

BWAAAAAA–hahahahaha

People are too busy worshipping and obsessing over (grown)men who play “games” to make a website like that or do anything else.

lozozozozozozozo–lzzzzzzzzz