Spring Fund Drive

by W.F. Price on April 10, 2012

After over two years of operation, The Spearhead has finally come of age, and its thousands of posts on various topics have inundated the internet, helping to bring topics that were swept under the rug for years to the fore. For better or worse, men’s issues have entered the cultural debate in the West, influencing everything from politics to pop culture. What this means for the future is anyone’s guess right now, but I think that’s why it’s important that we continue to speak and stand up for ourselves.

Traffic on The Spearhead has steadily climbed since a dip last summer while I was in the midst of a custody/relocation case, and is up to 70,000 uniques and 300,000 page views per month as of March. RSS subscribers cracked the 2,000 level for the first time in winter, and have been climbing steadily since then. It’s safe to say that the site has a healthy, dedicated readership at this point — probably around 4,000 regulars (i.e. at least weekly readers). It could be more, but I prefer to be conservative where these matters are concerned.

However, running the site and writing content is a job, and given the pressures of life it’s one I can’t afford to do for free. Although it’s a bit embarrassing to admit, since my divorce I’ve been living a hand-to-mouth existence, and it’s really kind of surprising to me that I was actually able to survive while getting The Spearhead off the ground. I suppose where one has some passion and drive, one finds a way. Every donation and every dollar of support provides me with time to write and keep the site running; without the help it would be a shadow of what it is. Given the special interest nature of the site, it is never going to be a big draw for advertisers even with a substantial readership. So I have to rely on support from those who appreciate the content to keep it running and keep me in front of the screen for a substantial portion of every week.

One thing I’d like to bring up is that given the attacks from certain quarters that The Spearhead has been subjected to, the site must be having some visceral effect. I like to think it’s made its presence felt all the way at the top. In fact, I’m fairly sure it has, as I have been contacted a couple times in recent months by some writers for major publications (I had some nice conversation, but said honestly that I don’t have the time to get involved in features that won’t remunerate me and may not provide anything of value to my readers). The site is a work in progress, as is the growing and evolving national debate on “gender issues.” I’m glad to have the opportunity to make a difference in that regard.

So, thank you for your help, and as long as I have supportive readers and can afford to keep plugging away I will keep the site running and continue to keep men’s interests and issues on the table. Thanks also to the contributors and commenters who spice up the site with their own content, and to other men out there who are working toward the same goals in their own.

Discrete donations can be made through the PayPal link at the top of the right sidebar, and checks sent to the following address:

Price Content
PO Box 28282
Seattle WA 98118

J April 10, 2012 at 11:47

Good luck, be seing you on the bloggin myself soon. You are an inspiratin, hang in there!

Ryu April 10, 2012 at 12:06

Found a story for you. Lesbian divorcees paying child support:

andybob April 10, 2012 at 12:11

Mr Price,
Hope this donation helps. The Spearhead is an unstoppable source of strength and inspiration. Your influence will reverberate for generations. It cannot be overlooked that your achievement is all the more remarkable considering the stressful circumstances you have endured for the past few years.

You also have my respect for remaining staunchly and consistently fair-minded when lesser men would have capitulated. Your equanimity makes you a leader and an ally to all who want a better deal for men and boys everywhere.

Stay strong and keep doing what you’re doing,
Andybob

greenlander April 10, 2012 at 12:13

OK, I’m in for another $100.

My donations:
3/11/10: $25
6/19/10: $25
10/26/10 $200
1/25/11: $100
9/13/11: $150
1/5/12: $100
4/10/12: $100

Total since inception: $700.

Canadian April 10, 2012 at 12:23

Ashley Judd is mad at the Patriarchy because women made fun of her looks…

MKP April 10, 2012 at 12:37

My first Paypal donation – to anyone, ever. A small one, but hopefully I can start doing it regularly.

Thanks for everything, Mr. Price.

scatmaster April 10, 2012 at 13:12

Ashley Judd is a kook.

Boxer April 10, 2012 at 14:17

Check your mail drop in a couple days mate.

Boxer April 10, 2012 at 14:23

Dear Scatmaster:

Here’s a nice photo of the real Ashley Judd. Look at that sour, nasty, wall hitting mug. And brothers here wonder why she’s bitter? LOL!

Regards, Boxer

Andrew S. April 10, 2012 at 15:12

Ashely Judd WAS sexy as hell. Probably will spend well over a million dollars trying to recapture her rapidly declining beauty. Of course like most women who go through that much plastic surgery she will look like a total freak once they are done with her.

keyster April 10, 2012 at 16:34

Charlize Theron is another one that’s both beautiful and hopelessly bitter and angry towards men. It’s not ironic.

(I’ll be donating later this week.)

scatmaster April 10, 2012 at 18:48

Dear Boxer:
I was eating but thank you for reminding me what they turn into after they have achieved what they wanted through the use of the so called patriarchy and how they then use that power. The epitome of ugly evil.

Survivorman April 10, 2012 at 22:49

Please accept my support – not a lot – but we’re in a recession dammit..
The link to the Melissa Etheridge @$$ raping by her ex (wife?) made my day. Thanks, Ryu!

Sweet, sweet schadenfreude! At least some of the dearies are reaping their comeuppance!

Insight April 11, 2012 at 12:35

Are you a part of the Amazon referral program? If so, any reason you don’t highlight that? I know Glenn Reynolds does, he even has a link for “Shop Amazon” on his page.

Lara April 11, 2012 at 16:48

Anonymous April 11, 2012 at 19:22

Lara = Troll.

RB April 11, 2012 at 20:00

Maybe you should ask ETSY for money. If you’re a woman and is thinking of programming, they’ll front your place at a workshop.

joeb April 11, 2012 at 20:36

Thanks for your good work WC Ill try to send something . This is how they keep us from rising up ? Money.I was vary well off myself before The government Takeover of my family. Employed Three People and My daughter Often said Shy felt like the richest Girl in the Neighborhood .
All of its gone now So I no how you feel .

American April 11, 2012 at 21:40

If you can’t give to the cause fiscally, you can give of yer time by handing out flyers with “the spearheads” web address on it.
Whelmers also gotta eat, so my check will be in the mail soon.

GS Jockey April 12, 2012 at 06:50

Done. A hundred bones for The Spearhead.

I have been here from nearly the very beginning, and it is no exaggeration to admit that this site has changed my life.

Keep up the good fight, Welmer.

GS Jockey

BSimpson April 13, 2012 at 05:09

Another example of why women shouldnt be police officers.

ConShawnery April 13, 2012 at 06:32

I hope more people donated than commented on this post.

nilk April 14, 2012 at 04:38

My small donation sent. Times are rather straitened at the moment, but that’s the same old story that everyone’s heard.

@ConShawnery, I’ve been reading The Spearhead since the beginning, and used to comment regularly. Parenting and work commitments mean that I can’t visit here as often as I’d like, so I rarely comment either. It sucks, as they say in the classics, but I also recommend the site whenever the opportunity arises, and also provide a bit of linklove on facebook and other places in my travels.

I especially don’t like comment on where I donate my money because it’s nobody else’s business, but I’m happy to stand up and be counted for Welmer.

J April 14, 2012 at 10:47

Hey Welmer,

I am ready to get my blog site, but I am struggling with the name. I would like to touch base with you in order to get an idea of what not to do! You got my email here, please contact me back. When I was still in I could not do this for possible disciplinary issues. I am grateful for your site, and I would love to keep in touch with you. Peace.

Alan Vaughn April 15, 2012 at 17:06

@Ryu
It just shows how feminism is about HATE, fullstop. They’re carrying on in exactly the same way as a woman vilifies a father through the same corrupt and misandric family law farce.
Feminism doesn’t appear to have helped their cause very much: at the end of the day they’re the same vindictive hags, regardless of the direction they point their hatred towards…