Ryan Gosling Saves Feminist, Gratitude Not Forthcoming

by W.F. Price on April 6, 2012

Ryan Gosling, who is something of a darling of feminists, has learned (if he didn’t already know) just how much feminists think of men who put themselves in harm’s way to help them.

Penny Laurie, a British feminist and self-described writer, played down an incident in New York in which Ryan Gosling moved the obvious klutz out of the way of an oncoming cab, saying there are more important things happening in the world. Although this is absolutely true, rather than simply write down an accurate account of the event and simply say “thank you,” she drones on and on about war in the Middle East, her feelings about things (more important than war in the ME), her distaste for American culture, and, finally, her feminism. According to Penny, being a feminist means that she is offended by the idea that a man may have done something important for her:

… as a feminist, a writer, and a gentlewoman of fortune, I refuse to be cast in any sort of boring supporting female role, even though I have occasional trouble crossing the road, and even though I did swoon the teeniest tiniest bit when I realized it was him.

For any guys out there who think they might receive anything from a feminist for any efforts on their behalf, pay close attention to this story. Feminism is about ingratitude as much as anything else, i.e. no matter how much a man does for a woman (or women in general), women owe him nothing in return…

Even if he’s Ryan Gosling!

Opus April 6, 2012 at 11:19

sub-text: Even though I am an inebriated woman forgetful of the fact that Americans drive on the right, I am so hot, that I can even reject Ryan Gosling [Who he?].

What greater proof do you need that even though Miss Laurie, is a gentlewoman of Fortune (for which read freelance journo without full-time employment) she sees everything, including her narrow escape from the grim-reaper, through prism of her Vagina.

I feel that I should apologise on behalf of my fellow-countrywoman, for her inebriated behaviour but fear her backlash: ‘I refuse to be cast in the role of a person to be apologised for even though I did swoon a bit at that Opus’.

beta_plus April 6, 2012 at 11:23

Does she write for The Guardian?

*google-wiki-fu*

Yep.

The Guardian: not anti-american misandrist, but #1 with anti-american misandrists!

Atlas April 6, 2012 at 11:31

Should have let her get run over.

Saying “thank you” is the HUMAN thing to do and simple courtesy.

Feminist are the rudest people an the planet.

Quentin April 6, 2012 at 11:57

This ungrateful attitude is commonplace in society, not only among feminists, but women, in general. This ungratefulness is one reason I decided to remove myself from the dating scene. I realized no matter how hard I tried, how much I gave, or how dedicated I was to making relationships work, who I am as a person and my efforts would never be good enough. The majority of women today don’t care about anyone but themselves. Whether this attitude is a result of feminism or just a staple of the female psyche can be debated. The only thing I know for sure is modern relationships are not for me. I have no interest in trying to prove myself to women or living up to their unrealistic expectations. “Hypergamy” is a word that changed my view of the interaction between men and women forever.

Red Pill April 6, 2012 at 12:00

Red Pill

As a man you should always stand your ground.

“I do the job, you do the blow job! “

James April 6, 2012 at 12:01

Ryan Gosling is a pathetic sack of shit mangina.

KARMA will be known when that faggot gets married and then gets FUCKED in divorce and has his entire life savings stolen by his bitch ex wife.

THAT IS INSTANT KARMA!

BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

Rebel April 6, 2012 at 12:04

Anyone still having expectations from women is a fool.

Expect nothing from women but utter contempt.

James April 6, 2012 at 12:06

Oh and one more point- that faggot Ryan should have let that dumb bitch get hit and killed by the car. It would be one less worthless feminist bitch on this planet.

Persnickety April 6, 2012 at 12:16

Curtis Strangelove III April 6, 2012 at 12:28

Bianca can give Gosling more human affection than a feminist. Of course, Bianca is a RealDoll.

Red Pill April 6, 2012 at 12:29

Red Pill

I think Gosling got his mangina training
in the film Blue Valentine where he plays
a guy that marries a girl pregnant from
an other man and is dumped a few years
down road.

Emma the Emo April 6, 2012 at 12:38

“… as a feminist, a writer, and a gentlewoman of fortune, I refuse to be cast in any sort of boring supporting female role, even though I have occasional trouble crossing the road, and even though I did swoon the teeniest tiniest bit when I realized it was him”

What is this talk of roles? I know everyone made a big deal out of it, but things like that become old news fast enough, and if it was that annoying, it’s easy to wait until it passes. To avoid looking like a damsel in distress longer than you need to, it’s best not to draw even more attention to the incident (and learn to look both ways..). Not unless you’re a bit self-important… Am I the only one who gets a “he stole my spotlight from me” vibe from this? The article might be an attempt to get into the main role again, which worked.

I don’t know about her personally, but feminism can screw with a woman’s head and make her feel angry and humiliated each time a man catches her at a weak point and helps her. I don’t know why, but I’ve seen it. It could be due to this line of thinking/feeling: 1)Men are always more powerful. 2)The sexes are the same, you should compete with men to prove it. The first one leads to jealousy and lack of empathy for the male sex (what’s the point of empathy if he can’t be hurt anyway? He doesn’t suffer, YOU do…), while the second one makes you feel inferior when you either can’t compete or don’t like it. And the last thing you want a competitor to do is to catch you at a vulnerable moment and save you.

universe April 6, 2012 at 12:38

– How ’bout I augment the above statement a bit to keep things in perspective:
‘For any guys out there who think they might receive anything from a female for any efforts on their behalf ‘…. pay closer attention to your surroundings from this moment onward.

I need not drone on regarding the experiences of my conscious awareness of altruistic, and lack of, relations between the sexes to make my point. I’m certain that many men reading on this site, and those not for this matter, have gone out of their way to do something for some female somewhere and received nary an acknowledgement of the kind deed, all while done at no expense to the benefactor.

The relaying of the tales of this nature, that I’m sure all men have, isn’t sour grapes or baseless complaining – a ‘what have you done for me lately ‘ sentiment. Rather, it’s more telling of the collective of recipients of the selfless deeds of men. Fill in the blanks with your own understanding.

To rub more salt into the mix, how many experiences have men had where females have gone out of their way to assist them in some altruistic manner? Some, yes, but I’d wager the majority rest of the time it’s “You’re on your own, bub”.
And, to make matters more apparent, we witness the same negligent treatment from those self-avowed self-professing champions of ‘equality’, – feminists. Those most ideally suited to act selflessly toward men with their own poorly realized philosophy behave more toward the obvious contrary.
Let them get run over with and by their own stupidity and arrogance. Planet Earth would be a much better place to live if this occured.

Ethical April 6, 2012 at 12:47

I think the current generation of young men in college see this. They aren’t holding doors or helping any young woman in need, they’re laughing while the girls get drunk and walk into doors head on. The popularity of “Tucker Max” is hard proof. I used to despair that young men would never figure out how the evil of feminism was fooling them into being white knights while denying them the corresponding respect and privilege. More and more I realize they get it completely. They’re just fighting the battle a different way.

Twenty April 6, 2012 at 13:06

My initial reaction was: “He should have let her get collected by the cab.”

But then I thought: “No, that’s wrong. Mustn’t be ungenerous. It would have totally ruined the cabbie’s day to have run over a pedestrian.”

So kudos to Mr. Gosling, friend to the working man.

Emma the Emo April 6, 2012 at 13:10

@Persnickety,
I’d agree with you if it wasn’t for the last paragraph in her article. Yes, people help each other all the time and nobody makes a fuss about it, and yes, there are more important things happening in the world. I just don’t see how feminism and her role in the news becoming a female supporting role is related to that… Because I doubt her role would be any more leading if she was a man and Ryan Gosling saved “him”. She made it about gender when it wasn’t. Why bring it up at all?

Persnickety April 6, 2012 at 13:19

Dalrock April 6, 2012 at 13:23

Why is everyone talking about me, me, me! We should instead be talking about my new pink wig, and the article I’m thinking about writing on birth control and the importance of reproductive freedom to women’s rights, and…

Hey!

Why aren’t you talking about me? What’s wrong with me?

I mean it! What, you think you are better than me!

Look at me! Say something!

W.F. Price April 6, 2012 at 13:37

-Persnickety

Well, you do live up to your name, but I’ll one-up you. When you thank someone, and then proceed to diminish what they did, it isn’t a thank you at all.

A gracious way to thank someone would be something along the lines of “Mr. Gosling thoughtfully and at some risk to his person prevented me from becoming a casualty of the hazardous streets of New York, and for that I am very grateful.”

You know, I’d be embarrassed as all hell if one of my kids slipped my grasp and ran into the street only to be saved by a celebrity, but I certainly wouldn’t try to play it down. In fact, I’d call him a hero in perfect sincerity. He may have saved this woman’s life, and all she can do is complain about being in a “supporting role…” What an ugly – and typically feminist – response.

Ethical April 6, 2012 at 14:20

Persnickety commented about feminist Penny Laurie turning a good deed by Ryan Gosling into a gender issue:

“… it wasn’t really necessary [of her] to bring it up and it was … lame …”

Then Persnickety completely missed the point when she said :

“Price and his ilk are lambasting her … on the grounds that she didn’t even sufficiently thank him…when she absolutely did.”

I wasn’t at all surprised Persnickety missed the entire point that Penny Laurie invalidated her thanks with all that crap she didn’t have to add. The shortcomings in Persnickety’s arguments didn’t bother me at all in fact. I for one celebrate a woman’s right to be illogical and emotional. But this is an equal opportunity world. I’m an MRA because I don’t want government affirmative action programs for women and anti-male family law forcing me to reward a woman for being their illogical and emotional selves unless it’s in MY personal interest. It’s only in my interest to indulge a woman’s mercurial nature when I’m the reason that particular woman is experiencing such uncontrollable emotions. It’s only in my interest to indulge the holes in her reasoning when she has dedicated herself to ME and knowing what she needs she’s given up all logic because there is no explanation that can make her change her mind and do otherwise.

Joe April 6, 2012 at 14:30

You hit that one out of the park. Genuine gratitude does not mean the expression of a token “thank you.”

Steve_85 April 6, 2012 at 14:30

@Ethical
“I think the current generation of young men in college see this.”

Oh yes, we get it. Message received loud and clear.

Bizzman662 April 6, 2012 at 14:41

Went to Safeway the other day and the auto doors were not working, had a butch lady about 10 steps behind me.

We met eyes…….I opened the door and basically let it slam back into her face. Not on purpose mind you…….she just happened to the door as it was closing.

She said I was not much of a gentleman.

I told her she should welcome equality and the opportunity to open her own door.

I love that line…….make every chicks face red every single time.

Later……while checking out Safeway, the cashier asks if I want to donate to “Breast Cancer” research………I said no but when you have your “Prostate Awareness” month I would be happy to donate to that since more men die of Prostate Cancer each year then women die of Breast Cancer.

Right on cue….while I’m having this discussion…..same lady comes into my line and says she will donate double when she cashes out since “this asshole”………(Me)………thinks that breast cancer is not important.

I took out a piece of cake from my checkout bag that I bought for desert……..gave it to her and said that since she is used to having her cake and eating it too, she might as well have mine.

She called me an asshole again………threw the slice of cake back my way and said If I wanted cake, I would buy my own slice.

See, I told her…….now your getting the hang of it…….that’s equality.

Grabbed my bags and heard “asshole” as I was walking off.

Chivalry is dead bitches!

Geography Bee Finalist himself April 6, 2012 at 14:53

@ bizzman662

“thinks that breast cancer is not important.”

Breast cancer is not in fact important, even if men can get it too. It may even be the breast cancer sufferer’s fault. My mother has had it three times and unfortunately that cockroach still hasn’t died but she has jealousy issues with women with intact breasts. I could think of plenty of other women who I hope die of breast cancer and soon.

That butch cunt at Safeway is not going to bat for hemophilia, even though a male hemophiliac is not at fault for getting the trait on his lone X chromosome and it is almost impossible for females to have it on both of their X chromosomes.

keyster April 6, 2012 at 15:56

@Emma
“I just don’t see how feminism and her role in the news becoming a female supporting role is related to that… Because I doubt her role would be any more leading if she was a man and Ryan Gosling saved “him”. She made it about gender when it wasn’t. Why bring it up at all?”

EVERYTHING is about gender to a feminist.
References to “roles” is code for their imagined patriarchal social constructs about men and women’s traditional “roles”. They want women to be men, and men to be more like women….only they get to keep their sexual power…which wanes by the day.

As far as all you hateful misogynists claiming women in general tend to be rather ungrateful to men…you’re absolutely right. I used to always help women in need — then I started to hesitate more often — now it feels perfectly natural to ignore them together. No quarter.

crella April 6, 2012 at 16:05

‘I am just finding it ludicrous that Price and his ilk are lambasting her piece on the grounds that she didn’t even sufficiently thank him…when she absolutely did.’

Bothers you that much, does it?

Conscious Man April 6, 2012 at 16:24

You know, the exposure here might actually be a good thing.

Of course, I’d imagine that next time Ryan Gosling himself sees a twat about to put her dumbass self in harm’s way, he’ll continue on with a snicker. And when the headlines the next day are “DUMB TWAT GETS PLASTERED ALL OVER THE ROAD”, he’ll just snort and go back to counting his money. That’s great.

But with the media exposure, I hope that men will read the story and come to the same conclusion by proxy, without having to be on the direct end of an ungrateful twat’s ungratitude. It’s an opportunity for mass red pill ingestion.

Paradoxotaur April 6, 2012 at 16:35

“it wasn’t really necessary to bring it up and it was a lame ending to an otherwise tongue-in-cheek article.”

This is a common tactic of women in general and feminists in particular. When caught behaving badly, they often claim it was just a joke and that you shouldn’t take it so seriously. They then will try and change the topic to why you don’t have a sense of humor. I believe many would call this tactic frame control. Don’t fall for it.

Bizzman662 April 6, 2012 at 16:48

Geography…….

Never said I did not think that Breast Cancer was not important!

I would rather donate to Prostate Research and Safeway has that drive every June……(I think)….

Reason I won’t give ONE RED CENT to breast cancer is almost entirely due to the fact that the Susan G Koman foundation was started BY A MAN to REMEMBER her………I would wager ONE BILLION DOLLARS that if you ask 9 out of 10 women who started Susan G Koman……..9 out of 10 would say Susan G Koman.

That entity has now been HIJACKED by radical feminists……(since the de-funding of Planned Parenthood)……………ERR…….never mind………….the Feminist BITCHES broke Susan G Koman’s BACK over that shit a few months ago.

The NFL is a MAN’S SPORT…………..why in the FUCK don’t they “SUPPORT” prostate awareness as well?

Hell no! Instead they wear pink for a month, get on TV spots and tell us “no means no” and “never hit a woman”…..Blah, Blah FUCKING blah.

Just like business owners who donate to “battered women’s shelters”……….don’t they understand that those same hairy legged bitches get MILLIONS from the federal government………and even MORE the MORE beds they fill?

Women’s issues are a fucking scam………..and the FUCKED UP thing is that MEN’S TAXES pay for all of this shit.

I’ll donate my money to men’s health when I have a chance since no-one else seems to give a fuck.

Paradoxotaur April 6, 2012 at 16:57

@Bizzman662: “Reason I won’t give ONE RED CENT to breast cancer is almost entirely due to the fact that the Susan G Koman foundation was started BY A MAN to REMEMBER her”

The reasons I no longer donate to Big Pink are their lack of results, self-indulgence and general refusal to acknowledge men with breast cancer (a man diagnosed with breast cancer is about twice as likely to die from it as is a woman diagnosed with breast cancer).

Rather than donating to Big Pink, you can get similar value for your money if you just rip it up and flush it down the toilet.

Andrew S. April 6, 2012 at 17:40

Atlas,
“feminists are the rudest people on the planet.”

I used to be part of the “American women, and pretty much all western women,” are the worst on the planet, crew. I don’t think it’s true though. Not that I’m a fan of American women, or any western women for that matter. Nor do I want to date them, or have any desire to marry one. Just saying you can probably find places in this world where there is no feminism and the women are just as bad if not worse.

That being said, feminists are indeed the rudest and worst women on the planet.

The First Joe April 6, 2012 at 18:33

If you bother to read the whole article she wrote, she does say that she said “thankyou” and twice mentions that she is grateful.
BUT!

What is priceless is that she goes on to admit she is an “idiot” & she REGULARLY walks out into traffic and all kinds of people REGULARLY save her from her own idiocy. And therefore Ryan Gosling is just one nice person like all these other nice people who keep her from winning her very own Darwin award.

And then she says she does not want to be seen as a “ditsy damsel in distress”! Bwahahahahaaaaaa!!!
Let’s face it – regularly walking into traffic is the very DEFINTION of DITZY! Penny Laurie can’t even cross the road safely, but she wants to be taken seriously as a writer / thinker. Pffffffttt!!!

I think I speak for everyone when I say:
“Get to fuck! You’re an idiot Penny! And look where you’re fucking going dipshit! Other people may die / get injured in the pileup you’re likely to cause one day!”

So much stupid. And yet she gets PAID to write. :headdesk:

Robert K April 6, 2012 at 18:48

Women don’t give two shits about the avaerge man. What more proof do you need.

Fuck the lot of them.

James April 6, 2012 at 19:03

anonymous-1 April 6, 2012 at 19:04

OT:

This maybe a game changer for women where they maybe in the drivers seat of reproduction again…it sux for us men again!!!

buggeroff11 April 6, 2012 at 19:23

Bizzman662: Way to go, having the guts to stand up for man & boys Human Rights in PUBLIC.
The double standards, sexism & narcissism of females is putrid.
Apart from helping the elderly, doing our bit by refusing to be a doormat & bootlicker to ‘assist’ these females in public has a very profound effect on their feminist ‘programing’.
I have done & continue to do in my own way all that you mentioned & more, it just gets them so riled being so polite to them yet at the same time exposing the hypocrisy. The blubbering voices & stunned look on their faces is very ‘empowering’ as they try to come to terms with their form of Equality & ‘you may have a pussy, (so what) & I don’t accept your rules’.

TFH April 6, 2012 at 19:30

Actually, Ryan Gosling reminded a feminist that she IS in fact helpless without men in many situations.

THAT is what she didn’t like.

Nice incentive structure being created there, eh?

But while some guy will get it and decline to help some feminist slut, those deeper in mangina-land will merely double down on their pedestalization yet again….

Only when they break from the doubling down, do we know the candle has run out of wax….

Anonymous age 69 April 6, 2012 at 19:51

@AndrewS

>>Just saying you can probably find places in this world where there is no feminism and the women are just as bad if not worse.

Example, please.

I do agree the basic types of humans are the same in every place and at every time in history. Faithless women; nagging women; dishonest women.

However, several things mitigate the damage done by bad women in places with no feminism.

First, women are not raised from birth with advanced training in destroying men. They might still want to do harm, but they are not highly trained as in the Anglosphere. Nor do they have wide spread support from woman’s terrorist organizations.

Second, in places where feminism does not exist (I can’t even agree with the statement feminism does not exist some places, they just have no power) the legal systems and support from all women does not exist. Likewise the judiciary does not give everything to bad women in those places.

That tends to reduce the damage done by the bad women.

Joe April 6, 2012 at 20:07

If a woman had saved her from a speeding cab, she would have written a long-winded article about how wonderful women are and how women are saving the world from men who don’t know how to drive and how women are better drivers than men and what an injustice it is that there aren’t more female cabdrivers and how are we as a society going to rectify this gross injustice and thank The Hoy Goddess that a woman was standing next to me or otherwise I would be dead and … ad nauseaum

ecnayonnA April 6, 2012 at 20:11

anonymous-1: reading that article i am not seeing much of a game change there. only thing that will change is you wont be able to trust a 50+ year old women not to purposely get pregnant to trap you. everything else from them living longer and such wont change at all.

a real game changer would be the male birth control pill. but they dont want men to have that. it takes away too much power from women, and you can’t have that, what with all this patriarchy and male privilege and all.

Anonymous April 6, 2012 at 20:15

Any chance James can be banned? He’s either PAN(tm) or PAN(tm)’s mini-me. Everyone on the site is pathetic, a pussy, a mangina, or a faggot. Including Jesus. It’s tedious, and I’m not even Christian. He hasn’t actually added anything to the conversation, ever, except for insults and shaming language and Globalman’s sovereign citizen nonsense that will only get anyone following it shot.

To be fair, however, James is only marginally more annoying than American Gender Raunch guy, whose oxycontin-fueled semantics perversions and pork bloat clog up the site like an elephant crapping in the loo.

Joe April 6, 2012 at 20:17

If a woman had saved her from a speeding cab she would have written a long-winded article about how wonderful women are and how women are saving the world from men who don’t know how to drive and how women are better drivers than men and what an injustice it it that there aren’t more female cabdrivers and how are we as a society going to rectify this gross injustice and thank The Holy Goddess that a woman was standing next to me and not a man or otherwise I’d be dead and ad nauseum.

Joe April 6, 2012 at 20:38

@ WF Price, I see two posts made under moderation, under my name, that I didn’t make. It says it’s my post? It must be someone else of the same name?

Steve_85 April 6, 2012 at 20:42

Anonymous-1

Gotta love this response on that link:

“If they could do the same for sperm cells then men would be properly redundant and we wouldn’t have wars, terrorism, global financial catastrophies, nuclear stations blowing up etc and could eliminate unemployment”

Joe 2 April 6, 2012 at 21:06

Sorry about that– I wasn’t paying attention to names when reading the comments– I realized there was another Joe after posting. Joe2

PeterTheGreat April 6, 2012 at 21:21

Breast cancer is self-induced for two reasons. One is the under-wire bra which cuts off natural lymph drainage from the breasts causing congestion, and later cancer.

The second is that breasts were made to be used (as the vagina, womb, etc.). When they are not used or sterile, they become focal points for cancer and other diseases. Use it or lose it!

PeterTheGreat April 6, 2012 at 21:24

James needs to man-up and get with history. Even Josephus and the Talmud (which execrates Jesus) testify to his existence – as does the Catholic Church for over 2000 years.

Get with it and stop the pc shit. This is A.D. – Year of our Lord – you know! Happy Easter! He is Risen indeed!

Andrew S. April 7, 2012 at 02:44

Anonymous, I would say Feminism doesn’t have nearly the strangle hold on Mexican women that it does American women. I didn’t find your typical Mexican women to be all that much better than your average non-feminist American female.

I don’t think all American women abuse the justice system, and are out to destroy American men like feminists want to. Do I think the majority of non-feminist women in this country are good and decent people, not really, but doubt their main purpose in life is to bring down the “patriarchy.”

Again, not a fan of AW women, don’t want to be anywhere near most of them, but have seen plenty women in this world that if given the same power as an American women would do the same kind of damage.

Just1X April 7, 2012 at 03:18

@anonymous-1

Cool! Eggs from stem cells, that is excellent news…for men.

So get yourself an artificial womb and create an egg from your stem cells – no wimminz required

You really didn’t think this through, did you?

James Whale April 7, 2012 at 06:39

THAT is what she didn’t like.

Salient points taken from two of the posts above.

greyghost April 7, 2012 at 08:24

This article is a big deal and can be extrapolated to actual day to day life that will lead to eventual application of misandry through family law. Here are a couple of articles on the how this trivialized thank you attitude plays out. It’s like the “I said I was sorry now lets just move on” after finding out 2 out of your 3 kids are not yours (first one and last one) All the while knowing you have the “living hell” coming to you for your efforts.
This one is pretty typical and is what got the MRM off the ground along with the severe punitive laws that go with it. http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/why-so-many-wives-wish-their-husbands-would-cheat/
This next one applies to everything from affirmative action,the pussy pass,and any and all misandry period.

Andie April 7, 2012 at 09:07

The writer objects to being cast as a ditzy damsel in distress saved by a hunky man. Okay. So what is she then? An intelligent, aware person capable of understanding how traffic flows? Apparently not.

When you fail to notice traffic and walk in front of a moving car and are saved by a man (or anyone, for that matter), you ARE in fact a ditzy damsel in distress.

And when you fail to show any graciousness or gratitude to the person who saved you, you are a fucking cunt.

Boxer April 7, 2012 at 09:17

Why would any man lift a finger to help a strange woman?

I really don’t understand why we’re piling on this hoe. She’s acting in exactly the way I’d expect any woman to act.

If I know a woman and know her to be solid, or upstanding in some way, then sure, I’d help her. If I see a woman in trouble I am not certain about, I just walk on by.

There are cases in Canada where women will pretend to need help on back roads and in alleys. Men who stop are surprised by her boyfriend and his gang, and he ends up losing his wallet and often his car is stolen also. No thanks.

The moral of this story is that mangina Gosling is an idiot, who went out of his way for someone, and he got exactly what he deserved. Don’t follow his example.

Ecclesiastes April 7, 2012 at 09:26

To those that would use the defense “Not all women are like that”, I recommend they reconsider their car insurance.

One does not spend money for car insurance because one is going to have an accident every day. One spends money for car insurance because one *might* have an accident one day.

If one third of women will divorce frivolously, then the other two thirds are not worth the risk.

American April 7, 2012 at 09:44

We have unspoken national policy to advance women into positions of importance, regardless of whether they are responsible enough or not to handle the job.

Charles Martel April 7, 2012 at 10:35

Bizzman662
Later……while checking out Safeway, the cashier asks if I want to donate to “Breast Cancer” research………I said no but when you have your “Prostate Awareness” month I would be happy to donate to that since more men die of Prostate Cancer each year then women die of Breast Cancer…….etc.

Outstanding! If I was able to pull off a verbal exchange like that it’d make my entire year. I usually only get as far as the first “asshole” part.

Best encounter I’ve had with the entitlementariat was standing in a parking space with a cart full of groceries in a two-thirds empty Costco parking lot. A woman in an SUV started to pull into the space I was standing in, rolled down her window and told me to move. I replied that I wasn’t going anywhere. She threatened to “call Security” (LOL), I told her to go ahead. Deadlock. I could see she was thinking about driving forward and pushing me out of the space with her bumper. But she didn’t. Instead she backed up, swore at me, “asshole, etc., etc.” and drove off. Very rewarding.

AAvictim April 7, 2012 at 11:39

@Boxer

What about the poor cabbie. His day would of been ruined.

American April 7, 2012 at 16:31

If one was to academically study modern American media (Which will be academically studied eventually, if not by American academics, maybe other nations academics) one would certainly find that they are the new “constructionists” of American thoughts and prejudices.
I don’t believe Fox is the righty, and abc news is the lefty, its not that simple.
How many reporters and editors ( we can call the “constructionists”) send their children to the matriarchal schools that these media workers speak so highly of??

Mickey T April 7, 2012 at 18:42

There are more breast cancer deaths per year than prostate cancer deaths. 2011 there were about 39k breast, 33k prostate. But there were about 241k new cases of prostate cancer to 23k breast cancer diagnosed. AND there are always MANY TIMES MORE gov’t (taxpayer) and private dollars spent per death each year for breast cancer as compared to prostate cancer.
Sorry for the approximations. I did some research a while back and I don’t have the exact figures convenient to me right now.

Mickey T April 7, 2012 at 23:02

Should read 230k new cases of breast cancer diagnosed.

Mickey T April 8, 2012 at 05:49

RE: April 6,2012-11:57
“Whether this attitude is a result of feminism or just a staple of the female psyche can be debated.”

I wouldn’t waste valuable time debating that one.

Feminism is but a manifestation of the unkind and often dark nature of women. Now the day of liberation has finally come for the sweet darlings and they no longer have to endure the oppressive task of cloaking their true nature.

Attila April 8, 2012 at 09:37

From an evolutionary viewpoint – a hard-core feminist is unfit to pass on family values to the next generation — so that saving or helping one appears to be a total waste of male energy – especially in life or death situations. Let what needs to happen happen and save your energy for more worthwhile pursuits.

Attila April 8, 2012 at 09:47

Great story from Bizzman662 – it parallels some of my own experiences in public spaces in the WashingLoon DC metro area.

Reminds me of the time a powerfembot tried to evict me from the window counter area just so that SHE could have access to the power plug. (Request refused- chaos ensued).

van Rooinek April 9, 2012 at 09:08

Persnickity: A halfway decent person does not perform a simple act of kindness intended to save someone else’s life while thinking, ‘what’s in it for me?’ If you happen to pull someone from traffic or prevent a person from choking or perform some other heroic feat, believe it or not, you are not actually entitled to some kind of reward

True… but… one doesn’t expect snarkiness.

I once heimliched a stranger, and stayed with him til paramedics arrived (apparently he had bigger problems than simple choking, or so said a nurse who rushed to his side moments after I did). I don’t recall a word of thanks, and I don’t care. He was too worried about surviving to say anything, and that’s okay by me.

No reward needed, no thanks needed. But if he or his wife had harsh words for me, I’d have been rather offended.

In fairness to our feminist author, however, she doesn’t appear to have been snarky to Mr Gosling himself; she hasn’t sunk that low. But she did use the incident as an excuse to be a snark to others.

Iguana April 11, 2012 at 22:32

Living in Seattle, which is the center of the universe for gender feminism, I often amuse myself by having funny with the very attitude described in this article. There are many ways to do it.

First, you spot the angry feminist types. They are not hard to spot. Short hair. Severe facial expressions. The appearance that their panties are a hitch. A generally indignant look permanently plastered on their face.

They are all over the place in Seattle, so there is little effort involved in finding your prey.

So, you are a few steps behind one of these angry beasts. You approach a door. You step ahead as if to open the door and hold it open. Then, well, you just don’t hold it open. You stop and turn, with a big smile, looking just behind the her – which is especially effective because it does not acknowledge her existence.

Now, I have found that about 50% of the time, they will grunt something and move along. The other 50% of the time, they will attempt to confront me. My response is always: “In my Women Studies class, I read that the general philosophy of feminism is that men should not hold doors for women. It demeans them. I did not want to demean you.” Oh, watch the scowling face turn red with anger.

There are many more techniques.

Literally, I think it is worth it for men across the country, even from around the globe, to come to Seattle on vacation to enjoy this pastime.

Andre April 12, 2012 at 23:40

So what about the bitch who got shot? Fuck her! You think I give a damn about a bitch? I ain’t a sucker!

Eazy-E – Straight Outta Compton (1988)

Lissa (YES, I'm a girl.) May 6, 2012 at 16:06

I was looking for images of “feminist Ryan Gosling”, and came across this article. My first thought was to point out that not ALL feminists are this way, because believe it or not some of us were raised to be grateful to the people that help you regardless of their sex, and my second thought (after reading a handful of heavily misogynistic comments) was to flip every single one of you pathetic lady-hating assholes the bird. People like you are the reason that women NEED FEMINISM. You feel shafted by women because you feel that you fall into the categories of “nice guys finish last”, or “friend-zoned”, or whatever other excuse you can come up with besides the fact that maybe you just have a poor personality. For whatever reason, you get this thought in your head that because you do something nice for a woman this means that she should sleep with you, or date you, or be forever at your feet with unending gratitude. From your thought that you aren’t getting the attention and gratitude you DESERVE for being such a “nice” guy, you reason to yourself that the reason women aren’t “grateful enough” isn’t because you aren’t willing to take their offered gratitude at face value, but because women are all horrible scumbags that live to trample on the lives of men.

For the record, I am a feminist. I think men and women should be treated, paid, whatever equally. I thank men that hold open doors for me. I turn to my older brother for advice because I trust his opinion. I am not above accepting help when I need it and I’m certainly not of the opinion that men don’t need my help on occasion. Just because there are a few “feminists” who practice misandry doesn’t mean we all do, and just because a few women have been ungrateful for whatever help you’ve offered doesn’t mean all women are that way. You want to call feminists misandrists? Look at all of your comments and tell me with a straight face that every single one of you isn’t a misogynist.

charlotte May 31, 2012 at 20:31

She’s just a rude cow.

If somebody does something nice for you, you thank them. Regardless of your sex or gender. It’s called manners.