St. Patrick as Liberator

by W.F. Price on March 17, 2012

St. Patrick’s Day is a festive, mainly secular event in the US, where millions celebrate the patron saint of Ireland by going out on the town and quaffing pints of beer. It’s a nice ethnic tradition, in which cities with large Irish populations put on parades with marching bands and the like. Americans of all backgrounds participate, but most of them (including Irish Americans), know little about the man the day commemorates.

St. Patrick was a Briton, born in the late 4th century, during the last years of the Roman Empire. Rome abandoned Britain in his lifetime, and he lived in the uncertain time between Roman authority and Saxon invasion. When he was 16, Patrick was seized from Wales by Irish pirates and sold into slavery in Ireland, where he worked as a herdsman. After six years in bondage, he escaped and sailed home to Britain, where he had a vision calling him to return to Ireland as a missionary.

In his mission, Patrick converted thousands, from humble slaves to the sons and wives of kings. Amazingly, he stood alone, unprotected by any strongman, relying only on his faith to guard him in the brutal, warlike land of pagan Ireland. Unlike in some later missionary efforts, Patrick came not with the sword, but only a bent staff and a passion for justice that spoke to the nobler instincts of the heathen Irish.

However, he had a temper, which he revealed when he wrote a scathing letter to King Ceretic Guletic (Coroticus), a British warrior who murdered and enslaved a number of Patrick’s converts, then sold them off to Pictish pagans. The letter shows us what must have motivated Patrick in the first place: a deeply humanitarian regard for the less fortunate, and a hatred for slavery and exploitation.

Below are a few passages:

I am Patrick, yes a sinner and indeed untaught; yet I am established here in Ireland where I profess myself bishop. I am certain in my heart that “all that I am,” I have received from God. So I live among barbarous tribes, a stranger and exile for the love of God. He himself testifies that this is so. I never would have wanted these harsh words to spill from my mouth; I am not in the habit of speaking so sharply. Yet now I am driven by the zeal of God, Christ’s truth has aroused me. I speak out too for love of my neighbors who are my only sons; for them I gave up my home country, my parents and even pushing my own life to the brink of death. If I have any worth, it is to live my life for God so as to teach these peoples; even though some of them still look down on me. I Cor. 15:10 Phil. 2:30

I myself have composed and written these words with my own hand, so that they can be given and handed over, then sent swiftly to the soldiers of Coroticus. I am not addressing my own people, nor my fellow citizens of the holy Romans, but those who are now become citizens of demons by reason of their evil works. They have chosen, by their hostile deeds, to live in death; comrades of the Scotti and Picts and of all who behave like apostates, bloody men who have steeped themselves in the blood of innocent Christians. The very same people I have begotten for God; their number beyond count, I myself confirmed them in Christ.

The very next day after my new converts, dressed all in white, were anointed with chrism, even as it was still gleaming upon their foreheads, they were cruelly cut down and killed by the swords of these same devilish men. At once I sent a good priest with a letter. I could trust him, for I had taught him from his boyhood. He went, accompanied by other priests, to see if we might claw something back from all the looting, most important, the baptized captives whom they had seized. Yet all they did was to laugh in our faces at the mere mention of their prisoners.

Because of all this, I am at a loss to know whether to weep more for those they killed or those that are captured: or indeed for these men themselves whom the devil has taken fast for his slaves. In truth, they will bind themselves alongside him in the pains of the everlasting pit: for “he who sins is a slave already” and is to be called “son of the devil.” Jn. 8:34, 44 (O.L.)

[...]

“The Almighty turns away from the gifts of wicked men.” “He who offers sacrifice from the goods of the poor, is like a man who sacrifices a son in the sight of his own father.” “Those riches,” it is written, “which he has gathered in unjustly will be vomited out of his belly.” “And now the angel of death comes to drag him away. He will be mauled by angry dragons, killed by the serpent’s tongue. Moreover, everlasting fire is consuming him.” So, “Woe to those who feast themselves on things that are not their own.” Or, “What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and suffers the loss of his own soul?” Ecclus. 34:19-20 Job 20.15-16, 26 Hab. 2:6 Matt. 16.-26

[...]

They are jealous of me. What am I to do, Lord? How bitterly they despise me! just see how your sheep are torn apart and despoiled, and by those gangsters I have named, bound to the last man by the inimical mind of Coroticus. Far away from the love of God is the man who betrays my Christians into the hands of the Scotti and Picts. “Ravenous wolves” have gulped down the Lord’s own flock, which was flourishing in Ireland and tended with utmost care. Now I have lost count how many sons and daughters of the kings of the Scotti have become monks and virgins of Christ. For which reason, “may these injuries done to the just not find favor in your sight,” even “to the lowest depths of hell may you not be pleased.”

[...]

Roman Christians in Gaul behave quite differently: it is their custom to send holy, capable men to the Franks and other nations with several thousand soldiers so as to redeem Christian prisioners, yet YOU would rather kill or sell them on to a far-off tribe who know nothing of the true God. You might as well consign Christ’s own members to a whorehouse. What kind of hope can you have left in God? Can you still trust someone who says he agrees with you? Do you listen still to all those flatterers who surround you? God alone will judge. For it is written, “Not only those who do evil, but also all those who agree with them, are to be

For myself, I do not know “what I shall say,” or how “I may speak anymore” of those who are dead of these children of God-whom the sword has struck down so harshly, beyond all belief. For it Is written, “Weep with those that weep, and again “If one member grieves, then all members should grieve together.” Because of this, the whole Church “cries out and for its sons and daughters” who so far have not been killed by the sword. For they have been taken far away and abandoned in a land where sin abounds, openly, wickedly, impudently; there freeborn men are sold, Christians are reduced to slavery, and worst of all among the most worthless and vilest apostates, the Picts. Jn. 12:49 Rom. 12:15 1 Cor. 12:26 Matt. 2:18,- Jer. 31:15

Simply writing this letter to the king could have cost Patrick his life, but such was his passion for justice and freedom that he was willing to take a dangerous stand against a gang of violent thugs.

What would Patrick think, today, of innocent fathers being torn from their children and consigned to a life of penury to serve whores and adulterers? What would he think of the courts, and the feminists who laugh at the misfortune of men trampled under the boot heels of injustice?

As we celebrate St. Patrick’s day, we should remember that were Patrick to return in our time, he would be deeply disappointed – perhaps even enraged – by the exploitation of families that has become so commonplace in our society.

Opus March 17, 2012 at 10:02

Rmaxd March 17, 2012 at 10:32

James Whale March 17, 2012 at 10:43

and let us not forget they were affectively Pro-Nazi during WW2

That is the Dutch you are thinking of!

Mike Brentnall March 17, 2012 at 11:11

If Paddy were to return today perhaps he would be disappointed or somewhat outraged by those not engaging themselves publically in ameliorating the very problems afflicting them.

Patrick apparently lived in a barbarous era when speaking with conviction could have easily incurred a decreed return to the slow death of slavery or a much quicker end by a sharp blade.
Admittedly, today, dangers to individuals who do speak out do not involve instant death but different matters, such as social ostracizations of varying sorts. Would that have stopped Paddy though?
To my knowledge, my public activism, as limited as it was at one time, has not caused me noticable hardship. From what I’ve seen I doubt whether I’ll be sent to a slave camp or see a sword’s end for my minor role in speaking publically about men’s issues. If it does I’ll have to live with it. Quite simply, I saw certain matters as unfair or as an injustice and wanted to bring open dialogue to the area of mens issues. The more men who do speak up the less danger to them all.
This isn’t a troll call to out anyone here for public activism. There is a certain degree of risk in doing anything but sooner and perhaps later guys are going to have to start involving themselves in the system if change is desired. We have to live in the system as it is regardless so speaking about issues responsibly on behalf of other men and for the young boys soon to be of age is just part of the regular public discourse guaranteed to all in this day.

James March 17, 2012 at 11:47

TFH March 17, 2012 at 12:00

Divorced mother of three marries herself, in full ceremony :

Yet, some people claim that it is women who want/need marriage less than men.

TFH March 17, 2012 at 12:01

No doubt CS monies garnished from the father paid for this stupidity. At least the father got the last laugh out of it, after seeing this embarrassment.

Anonymous March 17, 2012 at 12:04

@James.
Some rudimentary research would show otherwise:

dragnet March 17, 2012 at 12:10

@ Opus

“Whatever the truth about Patrick, and no matter how funny and cute the Irish can be, and irrespective of your large Irish communities in New England, I do not take kindly to their attempts to blow me up (I used to study in a library across the road and to the side of two pubs they blew up – luckily I was away for the weekend), – that is quite apart from one or two other near though not quite so near misses, most recently in 1999, not to mention my narrow escape from what I saw as potential violence about this time of the year when I foolishly allowed myself to be taken to an Irish Bar in D.C.; so I have absolutely no love for the Irish or sympathy for their self-serving home-grown myths, or anti-English rhetoric, and let us not forget they were affectively Pro-Nazi during WW2 and if it had not been for the British Treasury they would have gone bankrupt in 2009. Let them put on their funny hats and drink as much Guinness as they can as that seems to be their only claim to civilisation.”

Exhibit A as to why white nationalism—along with most other kinds—is a joke.

M March 17, 2012 at 12:10

Opus,

Let us also not forget the abuses inflicted upon the Irish, by the English. Oliver Cromwell ring any bells?

Lara March 17, 2012 at 12:28

Lara March 17, 2012 at 12:31

James Whale March 17, 2012 at 12:33

and let us not forget they were affectively Pro-Nazi during WW2

That is the Dutch you are thinking of.

Boxer March 17, 2012 at 12:43

Divorced mother of three marries herself, in full ceremony

Oh LOLOLOLOLOL!

Never underestimate the power of the hamster between the ears of a dried out, skanky single mom in America.

Regards, Boxer

Art Vandelay March 17, 2012 at 12:54

Are you aware that there is NOT ONE SINGLE PIECE OF HISTORICAL EVIDENCE TO PROVE THAT JESUS CHRIST EVER EXISTED?

You can’t argue faith. It’s not evidence based.

The First Joe March 17, 2012 at 13:00

Bwahahahahahahaaaa!!! at the ridiculous, pitiful, narcissism of “marrying” herself! Hamster in warp drive!

But:
How did she find 45 people mad enough to attend her ceremony!??

Boxer March 17, 2012 at 13:07

Dear James:

Everything you say is true. There is no evidence for the historicity of Jesus.

Many myths serve to give human beings a sense of purpose, though. The fact that there never was a dude named Jesus who wandered around doing magic tricks in the real world, doesn’t mean that Jesus can’t symbolize certain things to those brothers who find inspiration in the story.

As an unbeliever I agree with you, but as a dude who likes reading Dalrock and other Christian pro-male blogs, I think Jesus can be a powerful force for our own emancipation. In that regard, he is as “real” as any other idea(l).

Regards, Boxer

Rebel March 17, 2012 at 13:15

Art Vandelay March 17, 2012 at 12:54

The only thing known with some certainty is that in those times, there were many prophets in the land of Israel. The Romans were occupying the territory with an iron fist, but they left the Jews free to practice their religion.
There were many “gangs” of prophets and their followers and they were roaming the country all the time, usually with a band of followers. It was the hip thing of that time.

No record has been kept about a “sect?” lead by J-C.

dragnet March 17, 2012 at 13:15

@ Lara

Read closely:

“Exhibit A as to why white nationalism—along with most other kinds—is a joke.”

Steve_85 March 17, 2012 at 13:21
Geography Bee Finalist himself March 17, 2012 at 13:30

Lara must be the ugliest and most abrasive member of her ethnicity or combination thereof (as well as the one with the most projection issues).

With apologies to whatever ethnicity/combination thereof that happens to be. It’s not a hate crime when the victim and the perp are of the same ethnicity or combination thereof.

Art Vandelay March 17, 2012 at 13:42

I think you got that one wrong. It’s not actual history, it’s the plot of “Life of Brian”.

American March 17, 2012 at 13:42

To say there was no-one named J.C that tipped the tables of the money changers is “willfully arrogant”.
I do understand the bible is a collection of narratives ( mostly likelly based on real events), but that have been through many translations and filters.
To say there was no man named JC during that period is almost an act of “Willfull ignorance”. maybe we can’t prove there was a man named JC during that period, but its more likelly you can’t prove “THAT THERE WAS NOT” a man named JC. There was very likelly a man that tipped the tables of the money changers, because the money changers were selling animals for sacrifice in the temples.

dragnet March 17, 2012 at 13:56

@ Steve_85

That, my friend, is not what you think it is. It’s really feminists trying a new strategy now that guys are waking up and beginning to fight back—so they are playing nice in an effort to consolidate their gains without giving anything up. Notice she says nothing about divorce theft, family law, VAWA, rape culture hysteria—and it’s because she’s really not interested in fixing those things. She still propogates the usual bullshit about the pay gap and female sexuality under attack—all garbage, as we know.

This is an attempt to redirect righteous male anger into building a better beta. She’s trying to throw men a bone and hope we don’t notice the rest of the feast. She’s waving the NAWALT banner while leaving untouched the gynocentrism that is the fundamental cause of this trainwreck.

Hope we don’t get fooled again.

Ryu March 17, 2012 at 14:01

Actually, the troubles between Ireland and England are an argument against the MRM.

Recall the MRM wants men to unite against international feminism. Problem is men compete for all things: women, jobs, prestige, land and so on.

Men make up 98% of combat fatalities. The IRA was mostly men, and the Brits who responded in kind were also majority male. It is men who fight the front lines in any war. Look at Israel and Palestine. Men versus men. Same in Africa, Iraq, and Afghanistan. It is not women lining up at the recruiting office to get some.

Mind you, I’m not against the MRM. I do think it needs a vast amount of narrowing from the current big tent. There are vast contradictions when some men are a part of the same “protected minority” group as all women. A very large portion of MRM gets those affirmative action goodies that we love to call the women on.

Lara March 17, 2012 at 14:05

dragnet March 17, 2012 at 14:10

@ Lara

Come on baby, I’ve seen you troll better than that…It’s not a work day but you should still bring your ‘A’ game.

Art Vandelay March 17, 2012 at 14:25

Well the problem with AA is, you’ll still lose out to the women of your group because they always have one alleged grievance more. But really AA is only a scheme to help white women.

A man might be black, but his sister is black AND female. Now the man has to go out and get a disability to get even ;)

Art Vandelay March 17, 2012 at 14:26

I’m with dragnet. Any women who claims she love men, as a whole, is full of it. What’s to love?

What’s to love? How about civilization?

Anonymous age 69 March 17, 2012 at 15:06

My surname is probably Irish. Around 1593, Queen Liz sent Sir Richard Bingham and his private army to Ireland to essentially kill my alleged ancestors. He killed a lot of people, too. Check it out.

I had my DNA y-markers tested a few years ago. So far the closest matches I have found are surnamed Bingham.

There are many possibilities which might explain this amazing coincidence. But, the long list must include Irish women being raped by members of Bingham’s private army, who were perhaps descended from his ancestors. In those days, it was common for soldiers to rape local women as a means of terrorizing the population.

I am not saying at all that Sir Richard personally engaged in atrocities against the locals. Those sorts of people did have behavior standards not necessarily held by their soldiers. The lords took their estate dwellers with them, and it is very believable such men at times had a common ancestor with the Lord, due to ancestors mating with attractive women on the estate.

Of course, there is also the possibility one of my ancestors impregnated a female ancestor of the Binghams. But, in that invasion, female family members were not taken on such invasions.

TFH March 17, 2012 at 15:19

Exhibit A as to why white nationalism—along with most other kinds—is a joke.

Cosigned.

This is why I like white people – they do a better job of silencing their own extremists, than other groups (including my own).

Welmer, PMAFT, Brendan, Ferdinand, and Dalrock have all slammed and ridiculed White Nationalists (as white guys themselves). People like me and dragnet don’t even need to bother attacking WNs, since white guys themselves already demolish them quite thoroughly.

TFH March 17, 2012 at 15:24

And she is only 36 (and from the photo, not yet that bad looking). Yet, she has already given up trying to get a real man…. heh.

Since women don’t understand cause and effect very well, we don’t see young women watching this and ensuring they don’t self-inflict themselves into the same fate.

W.F. Price March 17, 2012 at 15:37

-Anonymous Age 69

It’s interesting how things worked out for us Americans. The pattern in my family has been for men of British ancestry (Welsh, English and Norman) to marry Irish, Scottish or Germanic women. This goes back a few hundred years from what I can see in the genealogy books. The thing is, native British women didn’t tend to emigrate — something like 9 out of 10 British (not including Scots) settlers were male, whereas the sex ratio of Dutch, German, Irish and Scottish settlers was far closer to even.

TFH March 17, 2012 at 15:38

dragnet,

Bing0. It was grerp who said it best, that this was far too late of a time for women to attempt to make nice.

Unfortunately, too many Betas will fall for this.

This is yet *another* reason why Game is important. It cleanses men from this ‘low expectation havin” mindset, where they can be placated with very little.

A lot of the non-Game MRAs would lay down their arms for very minimal gains, I fear….

TFH March 17, 2012 at 15:49

Welmer,

most of the yDNA is from England and Wales proper,

This happened during the British Raj in India too. ‘Anglo-Indians’ from a white father and Indian mother existed in India. Famous singer Engelbert Humperdinck (born in British India) is an example of this.

But, since many Indian men emigrated to Britian to study law, and Britain had a surplus 0f women (as Welmer says below)….

The thing is, native British women didn’t tend to emigrate —

…. that led to (from wikipedia) :

“Interracial marriage was fairly common in Britain since the 17th century, when the British East India Company began bringing over thousands of Indian scholars, lascars and workers (mostly Bengali and/or Muslim) to Britain, most of whom married and cohabited with local white British women and girls, due to the lack of Indian women in Britain at the time. The number of women of colour in Britain were often outnumbered by “half-caste Indian” daughters born from white mothers and Indian fathers.”

TFH March 17, 2012 at 16:10

‘Very Large’?

Asians do not get affirmative action. Not Chinese, not Indians. Period. Nor should they, since AA tends to make people doubt the qualifications of even the mot competent members of their group.

Thank god Chinese and Indians are not inflicted with the AA curse (although Asian women still get woman-AA).

Buck Swamp March 17, 2012 at 16:30

Opus,

I have a St. Patrick’s Day song recomendation for you, which I’m sure you’ll just love. It’s called “Young Ned of the Hill”, by The Pogues.

Here’s a sample of the lyrics:

A curse upon you Oliver Cromwell
You who raped our Motherland
I hope you’re rotting down in hell
For the horrors that you sent
To our misfortunate forefathers
Whom you robbed of their birthright
“To hell or Connaught” may you burn in hell tonight
You have robbed our homes and fortunes
Even drove us from our land
You tried to break our spirit
But you’ll never understand
The love of dear old Ireland
That will forge an iron will
As long as there are gallant men
Like young Ned of the hill

mananon March 17, 2012 at 17:06

The thing is, there are plenty of Irish who live in England, and one of the most bitter complaints among the Irish is the British occupation of the North of Ireland.

It’s probably very simplistic reasoning, but it would be a happy solution all round for all the Irish who live in England to return to Ireland, thereby swinging the balance in the North of Ireland so far as to make a re-united Ireland inevitable…

Eric March 17, 2012 at 17:12

THF:
The divorced mother of three who married herself isn’t surprising. How many times have you heard women say something like: “If I could marry myself I would”?

Most Anglo-American women are far too in love with themselves to love either men or children, anyway.

BTW, do you remember, a few years ago, a story in the news about an Australian woman who married a dolphin? Granted, a dolphin is a step up from the types of males most Anglo-American women prefer as partners LOL, but still, it does have to make one wonder how ‘marrying someone like herself’ translated into that one! It would make a good topic for MRAs interested in psychology, though.

Eric March 17, 2012 at 17:17

Dragnet:
I had to do a double-take on Lara’s comment too; but it makes sense if she wrote it like: “Any woman who claims she loves REAL men as a whole is full of it.” From what I’ve seen of most women, they aren’t particularly choosy about whom they’re sleeping with—provided he isn’t a worthwhile human being.

jaego March 17, 2012 at 17:25

Massive numbers of Blacks are moving to Ireland, so they will soon be history. You have to be White fist before you can be Irish. The Poles could assimilate, but the Blacks never will. Just too different. Memes follow Genes. The reverse? It can work that way too since Whites will be attracted by another White Cultures. In any case both are needed: without the right ideas and culture, Whites end up miscegenating.

The Mind can’t exist by itself without a Body nor can the Body exist without a Mind to animate it. This is true on a personal level or a cultural level. Culture is the Mind and the Gene Pool the Body. And mass immigration is an infection.

Eric March 17, 2012 at 17:25

Welmer:
Good article on St. Patrick. I’ve been stuck recently listening to loads of feminist/ politically-correct drivel about the ‘dead white males’, and it’s good to hear a reminder of just who made civilization possible.

Feminism, and their allies—the so-called ‘progressives’ will never admit it, but they hate civilization and would willingly take us all back to prehistoric times. Civilization is inextricably linked in their minds with so-called ‘patriarchy’. They would rather revert us all to an era when men hunted/gathered in tribes presided over by a queen-bee and her drones. Even St.Patrick’s era was more advanced than would satisfy them.

W.F. Price March 17, 2012 at 18:35

-TFH

Living in Seattle, I’ve known quite a few Amerasians, including a few half-Indians. What I have noticed is that the children born to white mothers and Asian fathers tend to be the best-looking. Some stunningly beautiful girls I’ve known have been the products of such unions. I don’t really know what to make of it, but it’s a clear trend in my experience.

As for the more athletic, headstrong and militant types, they tend to have white fathers and Asian mothers. As I said, I really don’t know why this is the case, but it seems to hold true. Maybe it’s because so many white fathers of Amerasians are soldiers, whereas most of the Asian fathers are very well-educated, high-caste types. That’s all I can think of.

TFH March 17, 2012 at 18:53

Perhaps the product of Amy Chua/tiger mom influence. Then again, in their case, the father is a nebish professor, rather than a more rugged/masculine man.

But in general, mixed-race people are often considerably better-looking than pure-breds (as a group), which makes sense given that genetically disparate parents mean a greater portion of negative traits are removed via the coupling (i.e. the exact opposite effect of inbreeding/genetic isolation/defect duplication).

Rmaxd March 17, 2012 at 20:03

A females mating strategy revolves around, shag any locally available male who doesnt take crap from chicks …

Spend rest of life fantasising about the guy, while draining the wallet of a decent beta, & stealing the kids he paid for

All the while feminists claiming all men are mysoginists, as they allow women to rape men in courts & create illegal kangaroo family courts …

While men refuse to see its not about class, or race, or gender, its about them, they have & always have been the real slaves

How many men got to stay at home, while women slaved away at rail-works & spent years in isolation advancing the sciences & civilisation, dying in the millions for their countries?

Not enough …

MGTOW or PUA, or Masculinity & Integrity, the choice’s are all the same, how you free yourself from wage slavery & tyranny, doesnt matter, as long as you achieve the freedom to do so at all costs …

Realising you have to stop apologising for being a man, & start demanding women respect you as a man, is the first step in freeing yourself from institutionalised Orwellian Double Think

The first step of enslavement begins with the idolisation of the weak, & poor & incompetent

V10 March 17, 2012 at 20:14

“So I’d bet that if you take ethnic Americans (i.e. those of colonial stock) and analyze their DNA, most of the yDNA is from England and Wales proper, whereas the mtDNA is far more diverse.”

I’m reminded of a comment I came across several months ago somewhere in the manosphere, about how racism in the New World didn’t really take off until large numbers of European women also started to emigrate. Previously, the European males thought nothing of taking a local bride, and she was accorded all the respect due to her as the wife of X. But as more women arrived, they took offense at their competition amongst the savages, and pushed for the shaming and stigmatization of such relationships.

Now, this could all be a lot of revisionist history, wishful fantasy or a projection of the ‘marry a foreign girl who still has traditional values, and forget these first world bitches’ meme. But it is an interesting idea, no?

Rebel March 17, 2012 at 21:20

This story about St Patrick is interesting on the historical level, but he was just one man among many. Saints are legion in the Roman Catholic church.
I can’t explain why St Patrick is so special and why on the 17th of March “everybody is Irish”.

What is it that makes that day so special that an entire thread is devoted to it and parades going on in every city?

Boxer March 17, 2012 at 21:38

In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Irish immigrants formed a broad underclass on the east coast of North America. St. Patrick’s Day was a sort of May Day/Labour Day for the housekeepers, shoeshiners and shit-shovelers, when they’d walk off their jobs and march through the streets in a general strike situation, to remind the monied class that they were capable of collective action.

It’s a shame that there’s not more mainstream consciousness about this, but not really surprising. The most you’re likely to get in the MSM is little snippets like During the mid-1800s, St. Patrick’s Day parades became a show of strength for Irish Americans (most of them poor, Catholic and targets of discrimination).

Avenger March 17, 2012 at 21:44

JESUS NEVER EXISTED!

I have no idea if he existed or not but if he didn’t exist then why is he so hated by Talmudic Jews. Why is there so much in the Talmud defaming him as a madman and his mother as a whore? Hmm?
Why do these same Talmudic rabbis even say that he was an extraordinary man but just not the Messiah?
Seems like they’re spent a great deal of effort over someone who didn’t exist. And why wouldn’t they just claim that he never existed and is a myth?

Have any comments?

Cuban Guy March 17, 2012 at 21:48

I was standing in line waiting to check out at the supermarket- and noticed the young woman in front of me was totally drunk and picking at her buffet food (uncovered, with her bare hands) while waiting to get checked out herself. When her turn came —she was so out of it that she couldn’t figure out where to slide the card. She was dressed in St. Patty colors. It was a disgusting spectacle- anyone could have mugged or raped her on her way somewhere. St. Patty’s is just an excuse to get drunk and ugly – in my experience.

crella March 17, 2012 at 21:49

‘Hamster in warp drive!

I cannot wait to read the story of her divorce battle with herself in about 18months time! ‘

Too funny! That made my afternoon. :-D

Oddsock March 17, 2012 at 22:33

Boxer

Yes, quite true, it was a way of the underclass to show solidarity. Your comment may also help explain to the many Americans that still mistakenly believe socialism to be the root cause of many problems in the west. Most have very little understanding or even knowledge about solidarity the birth of trade unions the underclass and the original true aims of socialism. Re. Tolpuddle Martyrs.

Still makes me grin to hear many Americans complain about socialism while at the same time recieving help from their own government in the form of medicare/aid etc etc. Its a bit like the farce of the USA being a true capitalist society,,, with a central bank and lobbying groups that simply make it a Fascist country !

P.s.

I have read Saint Paddy was Scottish not Welsh and the only true Patron Saint in the UK is Saint Andrew of Scotland as he was crucified and said to have been martyred on such a cross X, known as the Saltire

MarcusAurelius March 17, 2012 at 23:56

I think to say that Jesus never existed is a bit shortsighted and requires a much deeper delving into the history of that time period rather than simply taking many of the pithy statements of the ‘new atheists’ and the like at face value. One can make history to say whatever they want it to depending on the bias of that one particular author or historian. One could make an equally valid case that many other such historical or religious figures did not exist, yet these things are rarely called into question with the sort of fervor that the issue of Jesus represents. To put it simply: to question the existence of Christ is to question the values and identity of which much of western civilization is based. There is still less evidence that someone like the Buddha ever existed, yet this is not challenged nor should it be: because it is an object of faith. Those that are against and resent the tradition values of which the western world is based have every reason to try to say Christ never existed. They are not only attacking Him, but I would argue the very root of who we are.

Yet in regards to history, there is more than enough evidence to suggest that Jesus truly lived. Contrary to what some may have read he is mentioned by both Josephus and Tacitus. Why is He not mentioned even more? Because the whole region was a black eye on Rome, so much so that the temple had to be torn down and the Jews expelled. The ancient historians were known for writing more of the triumphs than their tragedies. So why would they want to devote even more attention to a ‘man’ who was a social outcast, and essentially sparked a peaceful rebellion in His name? To the Romans, He was someone best swept under the rug.

But the evidence goes beyond that. As someone else noted, the Talmud, compiled shortly after the destruction of the temple in a.d. 70 mentions Him at length. As that poster said: why would they devote so much hatred towards a mythological character? Why wouldn’t they just state flat out that He never existed? Why wouldn’t the Romans have done the same thing? Indeed, the silence about Him NOT existing is deafening. The Christians, fed to the lions, were already the brunt of jokes and slander. Would it not have been even more so if they knew the one they were following had never even existed?

And on the other side of that coin, it is widely known that if you torture someone long enough, you can get him to confess anything. And yet these people would rather die than deny the Lord. How can historians so crassly state He never existed, and yet, countless people died for this myth, this fabrication. For most of us, our survival instinct would kick in. We would do anything to save our lives. And yet these followers of Jesus and their descendants, who were taught by them (read about Polycarp, Ignatius of Antioch, etc.) Did not. They prayed as they were devoured by lions. They sang hymns as they hung and were burned as torches to light Roman roads. Who would die in such a way for a myth??? The fact that the disciples alone went from being cowards to martyrs speaks volumes. If you ask me, the evidence is overwhelming that Jesus existed.

I cannot believe the arrogance of some of these quasi historians and new atheists. Who would you be more likely to believe? Someone writing from the actual time period, or someone writing from the comfort of their office 2,000 years later? As I said, I believe these attacks are not valid history, but history with an AGENDA. Traditional Christian values and religious beliefs in general are an anathema to our modern cultural elite and the new moral code they are trying to create. What better way to make the Christian faith and everything it represents culturally irrelevant than by trying to destroy the historical credibility of its founder?

jaego March 18, 2012 at 01:09

Yes to all your points. The character of the Gospels is profoundly down to Earth and non mythological – a far cry from most of the other religions of that time. Call it cognitive terrorism – the same thing they’re doing to Whites. And a people who don’t exist can have no rights. But strangely enough, they have no trouble finding us when they want to discriminate against us.

migu March 18, 2012 at 01:10

Jesus didn’t exist and bill Clinton is really an alien right?

I’m thinking maybe George Washington was a mythical figure too.

Let’s not forget king Cyrus, or Alexander.

John Calvin must’ve been in on the keep the Christ myth alive right? Oh wait, he was mythical creation creation of the Catholic church, who was put forth in order to keep the Jesus myth alive at a time when the reformation was just inches away from revealing the myth of Jesus.

And Obama is actually a human simalcrum that still needs a debug window occasionally.

Sounds good to me.

The Caliph March 18, 2012 at 01:24

@TFH March 17, 2012 at 15:19

“Obsidian’s mistake was that he lowered himself to the WN level, and needlessly induced non-WN white guys to unify against him. That was unwise strategy on his part.”

Obsidian did more than induce non-WN white guys to unify against him, he pretty much induced everyone. I can’t stand the guy.

He’s a poster boy for entitled and can’t see it himself. He has woman mentality.

The Caliph March 18, 2012 at 01:32

@TFH March 17, 2012 at 16:10

“When people say ‘they will never go to a black surgeon’, that is the strongest evidence of all how affirmative action harms the recipient group.”

Funny you say that, i was reading an article once where a doctor was talking about an incident that happened to him in the 60s, where this white old lady specifically requested a Black doctor because to praraphrase ‘he must have been top of his class and much better than you to be allowed to do the same job’.

A funny application of contrarian logic and reverse racism if i might say so myself.

Anyways no point ot my story, just felt like sharing.

Opus March 18, 2012 at 02:42

It was, of course, entirely predictable that my comment at 10.02, should have been down-voted in droves (31 against so far), and indeed, I was, in part, attempting to smoke-out, the Irish sentimentalists, confident that sooner or later someone would mention the man from Huntingdon. I was not disappointed, so, it is time for a little History lesson (as opposed to myth):

Pay attention!

Ireland, as you can see from any map, is almost as large in area as England, yet with a fraction of the population. For nearly a thousand years the English have been subduing the Irish, and in the year of Our Lord 1649 our then Lord Protector with good reason was no exception. The Irish aided by Royalist supporters and those who wished to restore the Papacy to England were planning to invade England, and so it is hardly surprising that Cromwell found it necessary to invade, and very successfully too.

England’s National day – St George’s Day – is 23rd April, – coincidentally Shakespeare’s birthday, but you will not find us dressing-up, taking the day off work, or engaging in quaint pursuits. Only insecure peoples do that and England is massively self-confident – so much so that the recent fashion is for anti-white (that is to say) reverse racism. We have good reason for our confidence for after all we brought Civilisation, that is to say, the Rule of Law, Christianity, and Cricket – (and to vast swathes of Southern Africa – embarrasing though it is to mention it – the Wheel) to the peoples of one third of the world’s land mass. That also includes (courtesy of your Founding Fathers) the thirteen Noth American colonies: Men not unlike Cromwell, that is to say, Anti -Monarchy and pro-Puritan, yet even with you Americans , and despite your great success, I detect an insecurity. I once had cause to visit the office of a New York Congressman in the building where Congress has its offices next to The Capitol and behind his desk was a massive Stars-and-Stripes. Every front Porch in America seems to have a Stars and Stripes on display, yet such things are unknown in England – we would be embarrassed by such displays as they would appear – in Shakespeare’s words to – ‘protest too much’. Even this week in England a Fish and Chip [fries] shop was ordered to remove the Union Jack from its window, – I cannot somehow see an American fast-food joint being ordered to remove an American flag.

Buck Swamp quotes me a lyric from the Pogues, but I am not atall impressed. You should know this about the Pogues, that Shane McGowan (whom curiously enough as you will see, I know) is a Professional Irishman as he actually comes from the same town in which I reside, and attended the local Grammar-School (I know all his cousins who live here, as of course, they could not make it in backward Ireland). Is there a better example of self-serving Irish myth-making than Shane and such lyrics are merely proof of an inferiority complex common so it seems to all the Irish.

Oddsock March 18, 2012 at 03:50

Opus

You raise some very interesting points. I believe many Americans as individuals are simply looking for a social identity as it is still a very young country with many seperate culture groups. I think we all sort of have that need to feel we belong to some group or other. Hence we often see them describing themselves as Irish Americans etc etc, instead of just American. I am an Englishman and my Father Scottish. I would never describe myself as a English Scot or a Scottish Englishman.

I agree with you regarding the Scots Irish and Welsh. They all appear to have this huge chip on their shoulder, especially when we visit their country. Oddly enough I seldom hear any of the above group being treated in anything but a pleasant manner when they visit or live in England. I had many an argument with my Father. He had lived in England most of his life but never lost the “Chip on the shoulder”. I find it all quite strange.

James March 18, 2012 at 04:10

Okay, I said HISTORICAL EVIDENCE. Not Biblical or scriptural evidence, especially since the scriptures have been constantly changed.

And for the guy who mentioned Josephus as evidence of Jesus? Josephus has been proven to be a fraud. So, try again.

So far, not one person has given even a single shred of any real evidence to prove that Jesus existed.

Until you can provide such REAL HISTORICAL EVIDENCE, DO NOT expect or demand that others will accept your hateful Christian bullshit. For the most part, Christians are the most hateful and hypocritical people on this planet.

Steve_85 March 18, 2012 at 04:11

Arguing about religion is pointless.

For the skeptic, no evidence is good enough (or none can be found)
For the believer, no evidence is required.

James March 18, 2012 at 04:12

Oh, and uh, BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN by the way.

James March 18, 2012 at 04:13

Yes, for the believer, no evidence is required.

You might as well just worship John Rambo instead, because at least Rambo is more real than Jesus. We have 4 Rambo movies that came out that talk about Rambo’s life.

John Rambo died for your sins in Vietnam because he loved you so much. Accept Rambo and be saved!

Opus March 18, 2012 at 04:14

@Oddsock

Thanks (I was in particular wondering what you might think!). You are of course absolutely correct about English tolerance of the other ‘home nations’, – as you can from the way we gleefully become Honourary Irishmen on 17th March – yet they all seem to hate the English – an inverted compliment to us really.

Americans, such as our host Welmer, are always very proud of their Anglo-ancestory, and can there be an American President who at some point does not visit that tiny village in England where his ancestors hail from – even Obama seems to have British roots – in his case somewhere in Ireland, yet, as you say, no one in England, would even with Welsh Irish or Scotish ancestors, even as close as their own Father, dream of saying that they were, say, a Scottish Brit- hence my feeling about American insecurity; for to the outsider, all Americans have just one thing in common – that they are – so obviously – American.

James March 18, 2012 at 04:16

Rambo loves me this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Rambo is strong and we are weak.
O Rambo, savior of the meek.

Lara March 18, 2012 at 05:16

Opus,
I’m an Anglo Saxon American. I know the English has done great things for Civilization. I disagree, somewhat, with your criticism of patriotic Americans. It can seemed forced and over the top, and quiet confidence is admirable. It is just, as Oddsock said, we are a very diverse country and we struggle with lack of cohesion.
Somehow, Irish Americans have made themselves to seem very American. In the past, many of them were homesick for Ireland, and considered that home. The generations born here don’t seem to think that way.
I think it’s silly the the Union Jack was ordered to be taken down in the fish and chips shop. Your country seems to have a lot of problems right down, maybe quiet confidence isn’t working anymore.

James March 18, 2012 at 05:25

Uh Lara, have you made any actual points, or are you just trying to exercise your mouth?

Lara March 18, 2012 at 05:28

An English American would never describe themselves as anything other than American. I’m happy my ancestors left England. It’s a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.

Lara March 18, 2012 at 05:38

The Irish victim mentality is very irritating. In all fairness to Irish Americans, I don’t think they see themselves that way anymore.

M.A. March 18, 2012 at 06:29

Last night Ireland were playing England at rugby in London.

I watched the game in a Dublin pub.The pub was about 60/40 Irish/English.(There are 300,000 English living in Ireland.)

There was no animosity whatsoever,only good natured banter going back and forth.This is absolutely normal between Irish and English people.

All last week the Cheltenham horse racing festival took place.This is the biggest annual gathering of the various tribes on these islands.Not a single report of any ethnic trouble.Just thousands and thousands of people winning and losing but enjoying themselves.

P.S.England slaughtered Ireland30-9.It was their turn for a win.

James March 18, 2012 at 06:36

Interesting Lara, I’ve never heard that Irish people had a victim mentality. Nor was I aware that people who describe themselves as anything other than American are unpatriotic.

It was you patriotic American women who betrayed the men with your man hating feminist laws which destroyed their lives.

So you American women are TRAITORS. You are NOT patriotic.

Vesuvious March 18, 2012 at 06:58

James, Lara the pig, just like all amerikan women, eagerly talks of treachery and loyalty as if she really knows what these terms mean from personal practice.

Like oddsock says, so embedded is the corporate fascist socialism, even the worst users and abusers of its bribes and benefits, still think themselves to be true capitalists.

anonymous March 18, 2012 at 06:59
Opus March 18, 2012 at 07:05

@Lara

I tend to agree with what you say – much as, agreeing with a woman – a rare event – does not please me.

De Tocqueville, says that by reason of its geography, – no neighbours to East or West, only Canada to the North and impoverished Mexico to the South – America needs little by way of defence, yet you maintain a 600 ship, naval fleet – that is to say the same number of Ships as The British Empire had it its height – yet you do not have an Empire to maintain. American agression (which it denies) hides American fear: Trust me; Afghanistan is NOT going to invade you.

The First Joe March 18, 2012 at 08:12

@Opus –

Hells bells, no wonder the Scots, Irish and Welsh seem chippy to YOU. Any man who takes Cromwell as a hero must be very poor company indeed.

Cromwell was a puritan fascist dictator. He abolished Christmas. He made the English so bloody miserable we asked for a King back!

Of all the home nations the Irish certainly have every right to be historically aggreived with the Anglos. Anglo landlords EXPORTED massive amounts of food from Ireland while hundreds of thousands of Irish died in the Potato Famine – that would be enough reason on its own.

Yes, the (P)IRA were/are murdering assholes. So were/are the UVF /UDA.

The removal of Brit and English flags is down to bullshit PC mentality in this country, nothing to do with quiet confidence. Our Navy has been halved in strength by successive New Liar and ConDemn governments, and is ridiculously overstretched. Even the frothing mad ARgies have noticed this! What remains of our Navy is shamefully often “fitted for not with” apprpriate weapons systems. Even our much lauded T45s only carry 48missiles vs. 96 or 128 on comparable modern anti-air frigates and destroyers fielded by US and Europeans Navies. We have the RFA doing anti-piracy because we no longer have enough RN frigates and we lack a decent corvette class. Britain and England is in the shit.

As for your saying the US “doesn’t have an Empire”. Wake up! The US has been THE world imperial power since the end of the WWII! It has 900 military bases around the world, and its secret service regularly engineer “regime-change” to push its puppets into positions of power in countries the US crony / corporate capitalists then move to exploit. I recommend you read “War is a Racket” by ex-Marine officer Smedley Butler.

That the US and its Empire has now been brought to bankcruptcy and the Empire is starting to lose its grip is WHY it’s thrashing around in military expansionism – in an effort to control the world’s resources and maintain the monoploy use of the petrodollar (if the world stops using US$ to trade oil, US$ value will collapse).

Avenger March 18, 2012 at 08:32

Joe-in an effort to control the world’s resources and maintain the monoploy use of the petrodollar (if the world stops using US$ to trade oil, US$ value will collapse).

That’s what I meant by the dollar being backed by oil but apparently some people here were not able to understand the concept. All world oil is always traded in US dollarsso if say Japan wants to buyoil they have to pay for it in dollars and must stockpile them which is what makes the dollar valuable.
The US removed Saddam because he was sittingon 1/5 of the world’soil and if he managed to form a cartel with otheroil producers they may have changed to currency in which oil was traded and this would bankrupt the US.

Uncle Elmer March 18, 2012 at 08:37

I had my DNA y-markers tested a few years ago.

——————

I have been meaning to do this also, as there’s strong historical evidence that my 10th g-grandfather was a Florentine Jew, who’s grandson emigrated to the American colonies around 1640 and sired a locust-sized population of miscreants and ne’er-do-wells, many of them famous for their contributions to frontier humor. In fact, I can point to some well-known innovations in firearms and distillery directly attributed to my ancestors.

My son Hermann and I are working on a sitcom pilot about some Crackers who go to Hollywood and masquerade as Hebes in hope of breaking into the film industry. Lotsa laffs, especially since Hermann was not circumcised.

Uncle Elmer March 18, 2012 at 08:56

And today in “Salon” a riveting essay about the rise n Feminist humor :

Mockery: Women’s new weapon

I would post a comment, but Salon doesn’t like my brand of humor and banned me some time ago.

Oddsock March 18, 2012 at 08:58

Avenger

Just to try one last time to get it through your thick feckin skull. The US dollar is not and never has been backed by oil. That is exactly what you tried so pathetically to tell me. It is called the petro dollar simply because most oil transactions are paid for in the US Dollar. It does not feckin well mean it is backed by it you plant pot.

Judas priest. How can I fly like an eagle when I am dealing with a turkey !

Charles Martel March 18, 2012 at 09:16

Lara

My sentiments exactly. The UK remains a semi-feudal society with two-thirds of the land area owned by just 1% of the population. Forty million acres are owned by the Crown, the aristocracy and a handful of institutions. This incredible disparity in wealth gave rise in the UK to a particularly malignant form of class warfare culminating in the last Labor government’s all-out effort to destroy British culture through unchecked immigration.

I would suggest to Opus that his loyalties are misplaced as he has more in common with the unwashed masses than he does with his lords and masters, horsehair wig notwithstanding.

Opus March 18, 2012 at 09:36

@Charles Martel

I am reminded of the young American lady, who asked me in all seriousness, whether we had cars in the U.K. (!) As you well know, we have mains water, such that even the unwashed masses can clean themselves at will – but obviously prefer not to. As for the idea that the Crown own forty million acres; that’s ridiculous, as they own the lot (we merely have freehold and leasehold estates therein). My wig remains (like everybody elses), unwashed – but I don’t wear it near the horses – as it tends to scare them.

Boxer March 18, 2012 at 09:49

Dear Avenger:

For the same reason the new testament of the Judaeo-Christians calls the traditional “talmudic” hebrews the “synagogue of Satan, who is of their father the devil,” and much other kooky nonsense.

The fact that there are two daughter organizations of the same kooky mythology demonizing one another doesn’t entail a “right” and “wrong” wing of the dialectic.

The New Testament was written by a rabbi named Saul of Tarsus who wanted to mix Jewish mysticism with Greek philosophy and give the whole thing a universalist bent. He went around flock stealing in the regular Jewish congregations, pissing off all the other Jews. Of course they’re going to have a little rivalry.

That doesn’t mean that Jesus existed as a historical character, any more than Noah, Abraham or Adam did. These are figures in symbolic literature, not real people. Josephus wrote about other Christians, not about Jesus, and the Talmud is a whole lotta sour grapes. Those are the only two contemporary sources.

As a historian, I think that both people of faith and the evangelical atheists (like James here) sell the story short by jumping hoops and trying to make Jesus a historical character. He’s not, but he’s just as real as any other myth. Myth is a way to connect with oneself and with other people, and it contains symbolic truths which are just as valid as history in their own way.

Oddsock March 18, 2012 at 09:53

Meanwhile

Carry on up the Khyber Pass. Nigel Farage telling it how it really is.

P.s

Charles. I think you will find it has been all governments that encouraged mass immigration not just Labour. Every political party has promised the UK populace a vote on EU membership, until they actually get into power. As I keep saying and will continue to do so. All political parties only represent banks and the elite. How people still believe in the smoke and mirror nonsense and still vote is beyond me. ( In any western country )

Charles Martel March 18, 2012 at 09:56

The First Joe

William Winstanley, “The man who saved Christmas” is a distant relative of mine. As is Henry Winstanley, who built the first Eddystone Lighthouse. He was in it when it was swept away during the Great Storm of 27 November, 1703.

Opus March 18, 2012 at 10:02

@The First Joe

You know, I think you must be right – about Cromwell, I mean, – abolishing Xmas and all that. What a mean bastard he must be, just like most Puritans, so it is no surprise to me to learn that it was abolished and remains (officially) abolished in the U.S.A. another hotbed of Puritanism.

It is true we eventually reverted to Monarchy, – the position of Lord Protector remaining presently vacant – but that had nothing to do with a dislike of Oliver Cromwell or his policies, as he had already been dead for a couple of years when Charles II was asked to return. Cromwell was a great parliamentarian whose statue can be seen outside Parliament, so some people must rate him.

As for the Irish and their Potatoes this is a typically misrepresentation of the facts by those of the anti-English sentimental tendency. The famine was caused by blight – a blight incidentally, but accidentally imported from the U.S.A. – so why not blame the Americans. No one was trying to kill the Irish indeed the British government went to some considerable lengths to solve the problem by purchasing alternative food-stuffs, but myths in which there is an evil villan die hard. If the Irish ceased to see themselves as victims, then, like women, they’d really have something to complain about – and little by way of excuses.

Charles Martel March 18, 2012 at 10:26

Oddsock

I understand you don’t let the facts get in the way of your ideology but in this case the facts are too inconvenient to ignore. Andrew Neather blew the whistle on New Labour’s conspiracy to create a permanent Labour majority through mass immigration while simultaneously destroying British culture.

Labour wanted mass immigration to make UK more multicultural, says former adviser

How Labour threw open doors to mass migration in secret plot to make a multicultural UK

Why Is This Not Treason?

Ethnically Cleansing the English

Michael McDowell March 18, 2012 at 10:33

The famine is over so will the many Ulster Protestants who had to flee the famine head home to Ulster?

Buck Swamp March 18, 2012 at 10:39

Opus said: Buck Swamp quotes me a lyric from the Pogues, but I am not atall impressed. You should know this about the Pogues, that Shane McGowan (whom curiously enough as you will see, I know) is a Professional Irishman

Yeh, everybody knows Shane McGowan grew up in England, and he drank too much, and he had really bad teeth, etc. So what? The Pogues are still great! The British? Not so much.

Oddsock March 18, 2012 at 10:40

Opus

Correct, there is an awful lot of misinformation about the Irish potato famine, same goes for the great Highland clearance in Scotland, also blamed on the English. The facts actually show it was the Scottish Lairds and land owners that kicked the crofters, their own people, off the land to make way for sheep rearing as it was simply way more profitable than rent from poor farmers.

Did you ever read anything about the amazing similarities of Robin Hood and William Wallace? Fascinating stuff. Some historian made the discovery a few years back. Both Highway men and robbers attacking the wealthy both well over six foot tall and always wearing green. Could they be one and the same ? Could well be seeing as they were both on the run and of no fixed abode.

Buck Swamp March 18, 2012 at 10:46

I said: The British? Not so much.

I should have said: The British in Ireland? Not so much.

Hell, I grew up on British rock ‘n rollers!!

The First Joe March 18, 2012 at 10:52

Re: the petrodollar and its influence on US foreign / military policy.

- Saddam traded his oil-for-food in… Euros.
- Gaddafi had amassed plenty gold and planned to create a North (and ultimately) Pan-African – gold Dinar, and trade oil based on that.
(which of course would’ve instantly become the preferred choice of payment for anyone selling anything. You want paper? Or actual gold?)
- Iran has established an Oil Bourse that trades oil denominated in Iranian ?Reals?, gold and possibly a mix of other currencies such as the PRC’s Yuan…

Expect to see Iran invaded within months.
Twice might be a coincidence, three or even four* times? Not so much.

(*See the Cold War & deliberate destruction of the value of Soviet Russia’s Rouble by US, initiated by Regan, continued by Bush Senior, and the scandal associated with that vast black/grey “slush fund”.)

The First Joe March 18, 2012 at 11:05

Of course I know that it was Blight that caused the potato crop to fail. Everybody knows that.

What most people, including you apparently, don’t know is that:
a) the vast majority of land in Ireland at the time was owned by Anglo landlords, most Irish were impoverished peasants, owning little if any land.
b) those landlords cheerfully exported vast amounts of beef and corn to Britain, from Ireland, rather than offer help to the starving.
Those exports are a matter of historical record. This is not “sentiment”. It is the unvarnished truth.

As for Cromwell. Regardless of how many years between his death and the crowning of CharlesII: If living under a Puritan Lord Protector (i.e. Military Dictator) had been any good, no doubt the people would have elected another one – instead of saying “sod this, at least under the Kings we could get drunk and have a laugh” and elect to have a monarch again instead.

Oddsock March 18, 2012 at 11:07

Charles

“I understand you don’t let the facts get in the way of your ideology but in this case the facts are too inconvenient to ignore.”

What a bizare comment. I do not disagree with the facts you posted I am simply stating it was not just one political party that was and still are behind all this. AKA the totalitarian tip toe. It was the Tories that took us into the common market to start with I am only pointing out they are all fully aware of the overall game plan. Like I said, smoke and mirrors. Left/right/middle are all the same. Only the fools think there is a difference. In case you are not aware? The main objective is a United States of Europe. If you google further you wil find there are plans to do away with individual countries sovereignty and have us all use one national anthem and under the EU flag. It is documented way back at the outset. Check it and see. Then again, I am just a tin foil hat nutter. Pftttt !

Parafin can melt steel and two planes brought down three buildings. at free fall speed. My big fat hairy feckin arse ! Hey Big Ben is for sale if you are interested ?

P.s. I am a political athiest. I became adult.

Lara March 18, 2012 at 11:11

Irish American women are a mixed bag. They are often good looking, but they have an edge to them and aren’t always sweetness and light.

Lara March 18, 2012 at 11:13

Irish Americans seem very open to marrying people of other ethnicities.

Buck Swamp March 18, 2012 at 11:14

The thing about the Irish Famine is not that the English caused it, but rather that Great Britain complacently let it happen. Surprisingly, some of the Irish still haven’t forgiven. Wow, go figure.

And Cromwell was, of course, a first-class asshole.

Oddsock March 18, 2012 at 11:34

Buck Swamp

Yes there may well be a lot of truth in what you say but the Elephant in the room you are missing is the fact that when you say ” Great Britain” let it happen you make it sound like the English average Joe had any say in the matter. If you want to check out the history a little further than what happened to the Irish peasants you will also find that the vast majority of the English populace were not much better off. Poverty was rife with most living in slums. Perhaps with this in mind you may understand why the average English Joe tends to get a tad pissed off when we are accused of standing by and letting it happen and into the bargain put on the recieving end of hate, especially for something we are not guilty of. This IMHO is also why we are now seeing the rise in such parties as the EDL etc. The working/lower class English people are sick to the back teeth of being blamed and hated on for things we had nothing to do with and usually offer nothing but tolerance and acceptance of all nations.

Slightly off topic. The Scots will probably very soon have the chance to vote for total independance. Here is the rub. Most jocks you speak with will tell you they will vote for independance. But in reality, they will vote against it. That you can take to the bank. Same thing happened with Wales. They had the chance for independance but never got the support needed from its people.

All sort of reminds me of feminists women and equality. Only when it is of benefit to them.

The First Joe March 18, 2012 at 11:50

My “of course” post above was @Opus.

@Oddsock – agree, when grievances are expressed against “the English” it’s almost always against the ruling monied/landed class their policies and their lackeys. No-one ever asked me if England should invade / occupy / garrison anywhere*!? Those Anglo landlords I mentioned above who cheerfully watched the Irish starve, were a tiny % of the English, part of England’s wealthy ruling class at the time – whose descendants STILL own most of England (see Cahill’s “Who owns the world” – there’s a precis at http://www.ecofascism.com, or see here: http://www.who-owns-britain.com/ – “…in Britain 70% of land is still owned by less than 1% of the population”) .

(*For the record, if it’s British territory, with a population that wants to stay British e.g. Gib, Falklands then yes, fine. If it’s not? we should stay the fuck out. Especially anywhere populated by mountain tribesmen and/or fanatical religious loons.)

Lara March 18, 2012 at 11:55

Charles,
I don’t think the British upper classes will be able to survive without their lower classes.

Boxer March 18, 2012 at 11:56

This one’s for brother Oddsock:

You have no choice… hehehe!

Oddsock March 18, 2012 at 11:57

First Joe

Exactly. This is how the elite keep us all under their thumb. Keep the plebs fighting each other over pointless issues that most of us had nothing to do with.

Oddsock March 18, 2012 at 12:02

Cheers Boxer

George Carlin was a very wise man. One of my favourite totally awake Americans. The vid you posted speaks volumes. Sadly way too many prefer to leave their head up their arse and continue believing in the political pantomime of democrats republicans left right middle bull shite.

Lara March 18, 2012 at 12:06

“Keep the plebs fighting each other over pointless issues that most of us had nothing to do with.”

Or maybe plebs just enjoy fighting. I don’t see them sitting down to tea and finger sandwiches any time soon.

Eric March 18, 2012 at 13:30

A specimen of why Feminists and their Mangina allies in Academia would like to sweep the ‘dead white males’ under the rug. Here’s what a leading thinker of the 20th Century had to say about their growing influence in Academia. You can see why Feminist-oriented academic bureaucrats prefer not to bring such ideas to light. LOL, enjoy:

“The logical bond between existence and freedom must not, then be confused with the modern political notion that freedom means the practice of miscellaneous variation or continued reform. It means, indeed, the absence of any logical prohibition of reform or variation; nor does it, being true radical freedom, impose change in any way. On the contrary, the sense that reform or variation in some particular direction is desirable presupposes the existence of a determinate form of life; a psyche that demands freedom from from some particular obstacle, or liberty to pursue some possible good towards which that psyche is already directed, and to which it presupposes itself to remain attached.

“If this second presupposition were an error, and the very attainment of that desired good alienated the psyche from it and turned that good into evil, the original demand for change or reform, though prophetic of what was about to happen, would have been morally an illusion, since that desired possibility, when realized, was not the blessing expected. The psyche, being a mode of existence, may indeed choose variation for its own sake as the greatest of goods and the very breath of life; and then the romantic irony of perpetually new loves and perpetual disappointments in love would be its chosen good; but unless the psyche is consistent at least in this craving for change, change itself would prove to have been a false object of desire. Even the perpetual repetition of surprises would not be a moral benefit unless the only good for the psyche were to escape from its last choice, and the sweetness of marriage would depend on the prospect of divorce.

“Logical freedom must therefore be well understood to include freedom not to change; and the modern sense of maladjustment, with sweeping hatred of the past and present, must not be regarded as native to liberty or the love of liberty.”

Buck Swamp March 18, 2012 at 15:30

Oddsock,

At the risk of sounding like a Marxist, which I assure you I am not, history is really just the imperfect record of the exploitation of ordinary commmon men by whichever particular upper class happens to be in power at the time, and the various struggles of one upper class to take power away from another. The Irish peasants’ exploitation by the British aristocracy is just one example.

To a great extent in the western world today, women have become the latest upper class and ordinary men remain the exploited. And the fight continues.

Oddsock March 18, 2012 at 15:58

Buck swamp

Yes I agree. I don’t think it has anything to do with Marxism etc I just think the average man is long overdue waking up and putting a stop to being treated as a doormat cannon fodder whipping boy wage slave pack horse punchbag for any fecker that wants to have a pop at us.

And I mean men of any colour religion or nationality.

Lara March 18, 2012 at 16:21

“Doormat” and “exploitation” are two of feminists’ favorite words.

Lara March 18, 2012 at 16:23

And of course the common man never causes any trouble.

John Henry March 18, 2012 at 19:25

Lara,

Interesting comment on Irish American women. Care to elaborate? In what ways do they come off as, heh, however you put them.

Buck Swamp March 18, 2012 at 19:27

Lara,

As usual you intentionally miss the point, and try to refute arguments that no one is making.

TFH March 18, 2012 at 19:40

What part of ‘Lara comes here for gina tingles’ is still unclear?

It is sad that some man works hard to support Lara, while she spends time getting tingles from the Internet. She has admitted in the past that her husband receives no benefit from being married to her, and that if faced with an order to make alimony payments to him even in *he* cheated on her, she would react in the same way OJ Simpson did in that situation.

Boxer March 18, 2012 at 20:24

Dear TFH:

Lara actually does a great job serving as a living example of all the worst traits of American chicks, which are oft complained about by dudes. I didn’t see her talk about her husband busting his ass to support her, but it doesn’t surprise me. Poor fella.

Regards, Boxer

Avenger March 18, 2012 at 21:56

And they’ve been doing a good job of it since the beginning of time. But it’s really not some big conspiracy. Just the alphas keeping you omegas in your rightful place in the hierachy.
You know, I really believe the internet is making people dumber.

Oldsock sounds like some Swiss banker to me after reading his comment about the petrodollar :)

Rus March 19, 2012 at 06:27

Paddy would be as caught in the system today as the rest of us are. There is no room for heroes or even martyrs in modern society.

The First Joe March 19, 2012 at 07:35

@Rus – yes. No room for heroes in a bureaucracy. It is their greatest crime – that they have sought to make the individual man small, and created a world where his deeds (and what he might gain by them) can be swept away in an instant by a squad of armed official goons in costume.

Lara March 19, 2012 at 10:03

John Henry,
I live in an Irish American neighborhood. Many of them are pretty. They aren’t necessarily the most feminine women in the world, but they do tend to be down to earth. However, I’ve noticed when Irish men have other options, they usually take them.

Lara March 19, 2012 at 10:04

It seems like Irish men like Spanish and Italian women.

Opus March 19, 2012 at 10:13

@The First Joe

I am pretty much convinced (given your hatred of Cromwell) that you must be a Licenced Hackney Cab Driver. They all hate him for in its creation he is thus responsible for “The Knowledge”. I, as a Londoner, am entirely grateful.

@Buck Swamp

My observation is that Shane’s teeth are not so much bad as chiselled into a point. That plus his bad singing permanent drunkenness (and unpleasant personality) seems to be his only claim to fame. Why anyone ever listens to him, or takes him for anything other than a self-serving piss-head, I cannot imagine. He’s Irish in much the same way Engelbert is Indian.

John Henry March 19, 2012 at 14:44

Lara,

Don’t be so modest. Details, my dear. Let it all out. Or you don’t have anything to nitpick specifically?

Boxer March 19, 2012 at 15:24

Aservant’s granny called Tom Leykis…

He’s coming back in a couple weeks, boys…

Buck Swamp March 19, 2012 at 17:05

Opus,

The funny thing is Shane McGowan ain’t even on the Pogue’s recording of “Young Ned of the Hill.” I think he’d left the band when that record was made. However, I cheerfully admit that Shane is definitely an acquired taste, sort of like Scotch whiskey I guess, but I am a fan. I like music that ‘sounds’ authentic,like Brits playing the blues, even if it ain’t.

By the way, I’m an American of Scotch-Irish descent, which is a long way from true Irish. But I still think perhaps you are a little too hard on the Irish. But really, Britain and Ireland are both basket cases these days, like American and most of Europe. I blame the women mostly.

Navian March 19, 2012 at 22:09

OPUS,
Almost being blown up is an experience that would affect a persons point of view no doubt, thankfully you escaped harm and as a bonus I can read your comments which seem to be always interesting.
( for disclosure I do have an Irish surname)
I worked all weekend and was having a little Tyrconnell single malt Irish whiskey and listening to the Chieftans before I read this thread and was wondering if
some of the chip on the shoulders from the low class Irish that you have observed, may be a result of the haughty snobs that the English act like at times.
” England’s National day St George’s Day – is 23rd April, – coincidentally Shakespeare’s birthday but you will not find us dressing-up, taking the day off work, or engaging in quaint pursuits. Only insecure peoples do that and England is massively self-confident –” (or arrogant and pompous as hell)
“Let them put on their funny hats and drink as much Guinness as they can as that seems to be their only claim to civilisation.” ( A Guinness and a good Irish reel sounds good to me)–Simple pleasures like good whiskey, the influence of the Scotch-Irish musical heritage on American Folk music with the resultant blues, country, rock and an admittedly subjective admiration for their poetic use of the language in lyrics, poetry and literature may become even more important for some of us, as important claims to civilization like the principle of due process handed down from Magna Carta is eroded by the increasingly Feminist-State systems in the West.

Navian March 20, 2012 at 05:02

correction “Scot-Irish” freudian slip or to much Irish whiskey last night.
I need to get over being lazy and preview my posts.

Lara March 20, 2012 at 06:49

Foreign men generally love American women. You guys are too familiar with us, but to them we have exotic appeal.

Cooter Davenport March 20, 2012 at 08:42

Scotch whiskey ?

Ain’t never has been any and ain’t never will.

Buck Swamp March 20, 2012 at 18:27

Cooter,
Uh, OK, then what do you call that stuff that has brands like Chivas Regal and Johnny Walker etc.? Is it just Scotch? But it is malt whiskey, ain’t it? Of course, I could be wrong. I never drink the stuff myself. I like beer.

Opus March 21, 2012 at 06:31

@Buck Swamp – I appreciate your not taking my over the top anti-Irishness too seriously.

@Navian – It is kind of you to have concern for my health and gratifying to know that at least someone on occasion is entertained by what I write here.

- and now, on to the latest thread, I think.