Report From Occupy Protest

by W.F. Price on November 18, 2011

Yesterday, I thought I’d head down to check out an “Occupy Seattle” protest scheduled for the late afternoon to see what it was about. I drove to the Montlake neighborhood, making sure to stay on my side of the Montlake Bridge in case it was “occupied,” which would have obliged me to take an inconvenient route home. There were a couple dozen cops suiting up in riot gear at a nearby grocery store, which confirmed that I was close to the occupiers, so I stopped near there and walked across the bridge toward the protestors on the other side.

It was one of those typical November days in Seattle, with temperatures just above freezing and driving rain, and I wondered whether anyone would show up at all, but when I arrived at the protest site a couple hundred people were milling about. There were some tents, signs and representatives from various unions. However, despite the fact that the protest was being held on the University of Washington’s campus, precious few students.

The crowd was actually quite old. Although there were a few of the usual younger, radical types, there were more who were middle-aged and above. Speakers had been set up, and they were playing Bob Dylan; a 50-something woman was toting a “Save Medicare” sign, one woman was pushing around an oxygen tank and grey-haired old hippies were walking around in ponchos. There were only two or three young guys with the “anonymous” masks, and they were outnumbered, believe it or not, by Somali women in chadors. I overheard a young woman saying something about how attending the protest was part of her gender/women’s studies class.

It was a motley, uninspired crew, and I wondered why the cops even bothered with the riot gear. For an idea of what the protesters looked like, check out the photos accompanying this article. Geriatric…

After spending some time in the crowd and getting quite wet, I decided there was not much more to see and walked back to the car. I passed a group of easygoing, polite cops on the way back, who, despite their menacing gear, acted as though they were tasked with protecting rather than confronting the fragile demonstrators.

After seeing yesterday’s occupy protest, I realized that there’s really nothing revolutionary about the movement — it’s actually more of a plea for charity from the folks who have grown accustomed to being taken care of by a government that is losing the ability to be generous. Political demonstrations in the US used to be characterized by youth and vigor, but if Occupy Seattle is any indication, they are now little more than beggars’ armies, extending their hands for alms from a nation that has been looted penniless.

Opus November 18, 2011 at 13:20

Rather similar to my own experience (see half a dozen threads back).

Anonymous age 69 November 18, 2011 at 13:40

Yawn.

Tom936 November 18, 2011 at 13:49

Sounds like OWS is a typical creature of the media. Like a reverse iceberg, the part that you see is 90 percent of it. If you don’t take TV’s word for it but go yourself and look, it’s pathetic. But there’s just enough there that they can make it into a big thing.

mananon November 18, 2011 at 13:54

“What do we want?
More of the same!
When do we want it?
For the rest of our lives!”

Doesn’t have the same ring to it, does it? Or maybe people in the Pacific North-West are more polite than their East Coast counterparts.

Craig Himself November 18, 2011 at 13:55

“It’s actually more of a plea for charity from the folks who have grown accustomed to being taken care of by a government that is losing the ability to be generous.”

You have a way with words, sir. You should start a website. ;)

(And if you ever feel like a Seattle Spearhead meet-up, that would be something worth going to for sure.)

Carnivore November 18, 2011 at 14:01

“Political demonstrations in the US used to be characterized by youth and vigor, but if Occupy Seattle is any indication, they are now little more than beggars’ armies, extending their hands for alms from a nation that has been looted penniless. ”

Well said. Man, you’ve got a way with words.

Carnivore November 18, 2011 at 14:02

@ Craig Himself

HaHaHa – great minds think a like, eh. ;-)

Tom Smith November 18, 2011 at 14:05

Really pathetic. I believe you’re right when you say the feminists have taken over this movement. If the media is to believed, this is a movement about social justice- i.e. the 1 percent have gotten all of the benefits while the 99 percent have been “screwed.”

Whenever these type of questions arise, I wonder who the people at the protests are. As you have shown from the Seattle movement, it seems we have a group of entitlement whiners instead of a group which is fighting for true social justice.

Rocco November 18, 2011 at 14:16

The real riots are not yet begun, if they ever do. The jews never rioted in Germany to any significant extent and the Japanese went calmly to the concentration camps in the US.

OT

Looks like 5 year old boys are deemed ready for sexual assault convictions for playing doctor….

A heads up for all those dads of 5 year olds, don’t let them be alone in a room of girl children. Girls are aggressive and love to tattle.

Ryu November 18, 2011 at 14:18

Things are quite different in LA. It is possible that being an MRA biases your POV. The MRM has never been a reactionary movement, so that way of thinking hasn’t been required. Well, except for Globalman.

TFH November 18, 2011 at 14:32

One in four American women taking depression/anxiety medication :

Lsmbr November 18, 2011 at 14:51

Nostalgioid ritual for the old, and cheap street theatre for the young…

Anonymous November 18, 2011 at 14:52

“they are now little more than beggars’ armies, extending their hands for alms from a nation that has been looted penniless.”

I think it’s less a plea and more a demand, but the basic idea is right.

Rocco November 18, 2011 at 15:02

But be careful guys. From such street theatre comes real unrest. People are up against it. They’ve lost everything, including their families.

The wrong protestor or policemen gets killed and the whole country could ignite.

FYI: Remember WW I

Mickey T November 18, 2011 at 15:08

How many times do we have to relive the 60s before it sleeps in the sand and is forever banned?? At least then, there was some originality to it.

RINO Bloomberg should have caught this at the onset.

Great distraction for Obama’s miserable record. He, and Nancy etc, support it because most of these characters can vote. Typical Democratic way to get the “confidence of the people”.

I agree with comment 13:40. Gotta go take a nap now.

Anon November 18, 2011 at 15:14

@Mickey

“How many times do we have to relive the 60s before it sleeps in the sand and is forever banned?? ”

Good one! Let me add

“How many times can they chant ‘Hey Hey, Ho Ho’
Before that phrase is forever banned?”

CyclotronMajesty November 18, 2011 at 15:22

I thought about just making a OWS men’s rights sign… I could… I may in fact do it if I get pissed off enough and want to piss other people off.

Lol…… fuck.

keyster November 18, 2011 at 16:08

They want equality, even if the government has to mandate and enforce it. It’s not fair that there are a rich and a poor, (and that some people are luckier or better looking either). It’s not fair that there’s a privilaged white male class of “insiders” that continues to oppress women and minorities.

Why should some be able to fly in private jets, while I have to fly commercial? Why is there so much inequity in the world today?
It’s not fair!

Craig Himself November 18, 2011 at 16:22

@Rocco:
“FYI: Remember WW I”

Heck man, remember Tunisia too.

Rebel November 18, 2011 at 16:28

The “Occupy Montreal”‘s camping site has been disbanded with ease and in peace. Too bad: it was quaint. A few have protested under their breath and walked back to the paddock.

Here, it was mostly women, too. Looks like some made very good coffee and very nice cookies. There were food stands even for vegetarians. Some women protested they had no place to breast feed.

The camping season is over.

Paradoxotaur November 18, 2011 at 16:45

@Rocco:
“FYI: Remember WW I”

The real one to remember is Harper’s Ferry. Many, many people knew that something like Harper’s Ferry would eventually happen, but very, very few foresaw the American Civil War that soon followed, or could ever imagine the death and destruction that occured.

I have read many opinions on a wide variety of websites to the effect that there seems to be a calculated effort to foment a violent confrontation in order to impose even heavier and wider restrictions on personal freedoms and greater government control and authority. Whether the initial motive force comes from the police, union-sponsored thugs, or garden variety useful idiots I don’t think really matters. A few possible following events that have been tossed about are 1) strict control of the Internet and social media networks, 2) suspension of the 2012 elections, and 3) imposition of martial law. It might get a bit chaotic if any of those, much less all three, occur.

TFH November 18, 2011 at 17:05

Until the people who were young in the 60s are gone.

As the article says, the protests were ‘geriatric’. They are re-living their youth (the 60s), but just cannot recapture the ‘magic’.

Anonymous November 18, 2011 at 17:15

“1) strict control of the Internet and social media networks”

Congress already has bills going about to do just that, fittingly enough.

Fight against these bills: http://americancensorship.org/

Mickey T November 18, 2011 at 17:23

There is another way of looking at this.
Anybody think it’s a coincidence that this whole thing exploded onto the American scene at a time when the prez is at the height of his reelection campaign and his ratings almost make it prohibitive for him to be reelected?? Is it also a coincidence that the fools/pawns/slobs are demanding just what the prez and his band of dems have been trying to shove down our throats??

This sorta-kinda reminds me of how, after the greatest manhunt in history and thousands of Americans killed, the “man” who was responsible for finding and killing the villain, who allegedly committed these crimes, decided to ditch the body on the way home.

It smells of an unoriginal dem scheme to retain and gain power, by duping the American people again. They do know that the hippies did enjoy some success for all their trouble.

Isn’t that what fucked us up??

E November 18, 2011 at 17:30

mananon

I spent most of my life on the west coast.

Up in the Pacific North-West, resources in general are more abundant: more water, electricity, less freeway traffic, less crowding in the schools, less waiting in line at the grocery store, etc… So the people are more calm and less aggressive.

Once you get down to California you notice life has a harder edge to it. There’s a dirty dozen little things like for example if you’re driving a car and you want to switch lanes don’t expect people to kindly let you go just because you turned on your blinker lights. Since there is less to go around, people get more aggressive.

Once you get down to Southern California sometimes pronounced “So Cal” for slang it’s like rats trapped in a cage with a dwindling supply of food. There are some parts of California where the quality of life is literally equal to that of a 3rd world Latin American country. Sometimes I wonder why do illegal immigrants even bother to cross the border into So Cal. What’s the point in moving from one Hispanic country into another as what I like to joke.

*just my 2 cents*

Mickey T November 18, 2011 at 17:36

“Until the people who were young in the sixties are all dead”

I’m a Yankee now living in the South for many years. I lost track of how many Southerners hate me simply because of how the Union soldiers all but devastated the South and won the war.

Sorry, it’s a culture that will be handed down to generation after generation probably as long as America exists. Look at how many young people today have a 1960s mentality.

It’s here to stay. We just have to keep them under control, as we do women. Otherwise…………………..

Mickey T November 18, 2011 at 17:52

@ TFH 17:05

“Until the people who were young in the 60s are all gone”

I was a 1960s hippie. But I’m all grown up now.

I wish I can find a picture of myself complete with shoulder length hair, spec glasses, facial hair, a hippie van with flowers and peace symbols painted on it, bell bottom/hip-hugger pants etc etc.. Think all my friends here would enjoy that??

But I know what you mean.

E November 18, 2011 at 17:52

addon:
oops I forgot to say I don’t know anything about the East Coast, but I can speak for the West Coast. I’m pretty sure the “Occupy Oakland” group is a much tougher crowd than “Occupy Seattle”.

Ryu November 18, 2011 at 19:29

F,

You’re in the wrong place to be discussing the Southwest and Mexifornia. Race doesn’t exist here. After all, many of those illegals are men and therefore, they are our MRA brothers in the battle against feminism.

E November 19, 2011 at 03:53

Ryu

I remember watching a political debate where a Latino said (with great passion) I object to the term “illegal immigrant” no human is illegal! *all the other Latinos in the room clap with great fanfare*

If Mexicans believe they should have a right to just walk into somebody else’s country / the USA as they please then they should not get upset if in the future they get the same treatment. (what goes around comes around)
Imagine if the Chinese were to take 50 million of their citizens and gave them the diplomatic green light to move into Mexico. oops I don’t think the Mexicans would like the idea of their nation becoming ethnically race replaced by demographic change. In fact I bet they would get REALLY upset.
Sounds far fetched?

We do live in interesting times and China is due to become the next world superpower so who knows.

Mickey T November 19, 2011 at 06:10

If the liberal/democrat dominated media did not give this situation as much coverage as it did, would it have gone this far??

How could an obnoxious, undisciplined, scatter brained bunch of misfits ever organize on a national scale??

Makes me think that there is some kind of central command. Makes me think of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Mickey T November 19, 2011 at 06:47

Also, it seems the cities targeted for the demonstrations are heavily Dem/Lib. Besides the obvious of the misfits being tolerated more in these cities, compared more conservative cities, could be that the White House has more influence on the administrations of these cities??

Jack November 19, 2011 at 06:48

One of the pro-gun blogs that I read ran a piece rhetorically asking if the Occupy Movement is helping to increase gun sales. The piece covered the decision by a middle age liberal university professor to buy his first gun. His decision was in response to the violence and future potential for social unrest, and not because he intends to initiate or join in revolutionary violence himself. The piece also covered how other moderate liberals are also increasingly buying guns because of fears of a social-political breakdown and also not because they are going to support the Occupy Movement.

Mickey T November 19, 2011 at 06:52

Oh
Look at what RINO Bloomberg did in NYC.

Can anybody imagine Guliani doing that??

Jack November 19, 2011 at 06:56

Mickey T,

In all respect, on the national level the Democrats just like the Republicans are in bed with Wall Street and the privately owned banker cartel the Federal Reserve. I don’t think the Democrats/White House started the Movement or pull its strings though they’d be thrilled to exploit it. No one started the movement of men or control us to boycott marriage yet it is occurring.

oddsock November 19, 2011 at 07:54

Micky T

These Occupy gatherings or whatever label you wish to give them are happening all across the world. Think of them simply as awareness raising. Perhaps there is no clear demand or message from them because they are no different than you me and many other men visiting MRA websites. E.g. Some men come here after being shafted in divorce some because they have lost kids or been the victim of false accusations made by a woman etc etc. Many more are here because they know deep down something is not right and they just can’t put their finger on it. Many still refuse to accept what their own eyes and experience is telling them. The main difference between the Occupy crowd and the MRA’s is that they have far greater numbers and gone public. We all know something is badly wrong, we just don’t know who and why is behind it all?

Jim November 19, 2011 at 08:33

This whole “movement” consists of useful idiots backed by the unions. Unions have destroyed this country. We will hit the ground and go splat right after Obama leaves office. Mark my words.

Svartalf November 19, 2011 at 08:43

Heh… It’s not Obama that’s calling the shots. It’s Soros. I know, I somehow got added to MoveOn’s spam list and they were the main force organizing the “ninety-nine percent”. Useful idiots being led around like a bull with a ring in it’s nose- all by one of the “one percent” who seeks to actually do what he can to establish a socialist state in this country. A man who sold out his fellow Jews in such a way with the Nazis as to need to stand for war-crimes with the Nazis- all to keep his hide intact. A man who has absolutely no remorse whatsoever of what he did or is doing right now.

Svartalf November 19, 2011 at 08:46

Oh, and by the way…

Illegals don’t HAVE the issues we face with Feminism. They’re more insular, etc. and live with the culture they brought with them- not ours. It’s only through OUR here in the States and in place like the UK that Feminism comes into play and causes issues for men. It’s only in those places that the law’s enforced- ON IT’S CITIZENS. Illegals aren’t that and the bulk of the law is not being remotely enforced on them- so why in the hell should they care about Feminism? It won’t and will never apply as Feminism was brought in to break the backs of the countries it’s taken hold in so that people like Soros could do what they’re doing.

keyster November 19, 2011 at 08:47

“It is often said an empire collapses at the edges first. In that case, keep an eyeball on the southwestern part of the USA.”

California will declare bankruptcy first, followed by New York and the Feds will have to borrow more money from China to bail them out. The US socialist experiment that’s been, the city of Detroit, will fall in a few months.

Much like the union controlled US auto-makers discovered, governments are finding out the same thing; we can no longer afford the pensions and health benefits for people who aren’t working. Many of the smaller municipalities are paying for three police forces, one that’s working and the two that are retired with full benefits, (after 20 years served each).

That’s the lure of being a “public servant” versus the privated sector, that big fat juicy pension; which is fine as long as the economy chugs along and tax revenues grow. But what if it all stops? Well then you have Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal. Outrage and riots in the streets.

The NWO is pressing for worldwide insurrection so the system collapses and they can say “see capitalism doesn’t work”, and then rebuild into a kind, gentle and equal world for all without borders, that they’ll supposedly, benevolently rule over. A world where concepts like the “Progressive Stack” will be regularily enforced by the NWO central government, because “white male privilage” must be subjugated before we can “progress”.

This is what secular-progressive/socialist dreams are made of. These are the people teaching in our universities, reporting our “news” and that are in our White House right now. Rest assured feminist groups cling tightly to these coat-tails…and dream as well.

Geography Bee Finalist himself November 19, 2011 at 09:01

“…extending their hands for alms from a nation that has been looted penniless.”

This sentence should have had as its last two words “by feminism” or “by feminazism,” as everybody knows from a previous article on The Spearhead that the government better lived within its means before women received the right to vote and has had an extremely poor track record of living within its means in the years since, because of feminism and feminism alone.

Gina Barreca summed up the female mentality towards the responsibility of taxpaying, or at least filling out federal (and state, if any) income tax returns, and men show far more class than women do about these responsibilities.

The Troll King November 19, 2011 at 09:03
oddsock November 19, 2011 at 09:34

Word of the day GIABO

More than 2600 Occupy camps world wide. This is an awakening and protest of the general populace against the corupt banksters and politicians of all political labels.

Common Monster November 19, 2011 at 10:04

I agree there’s a geriatric component to OWS, just as there is with the Tea Party. After all, this is the best off generation of oldsters ever, and they sense they won’t fair well under any conceivable scenario for the next decade or so.

This is going to become an ever greater source of friction, as about 65-70 million Boomers are just starting to enter their golden years, where they’ll be sucking down caregiving resources by the boatload. If the young are not yet involved, they soon will be, because the one thing older people can be relied upon to do is vote.

This is one of the reasons I’m sanguine about men’s issues breaking into the MSM big time anytime soon. Because women live so much longer than men, the grey vote is heavily skewed towards old women; many if not all such Boomers are feministic to a greater or lesser degree, and therefore rather blind to the kinds of concerns voiced around here.

Rocco November 19, 2011 at 10:08

OT

Here we have women openly calling for the elimination of men until:

“All men aged sixteen and up worldwide shall report to duly authorized extermination centers which will be temporarily constructed once Proposition 777 is voted into effect. These centers will be responsible for painlessly eliminating the weaker sex quickly and effectively.

Without the influence of older male figures who have already been corrupted by the male ego, society and sexism, the younger males will be able to grow within society without being corrupted by male perversion, sexism, prejudice and sexist societal views. These boys will grow to learn and take for granted the true and pure equality (if not…SUPERIORITY) of women to men. The “Boy’s Club” will no longer exist and will never exist again All boys will be grown to respect and worship their female counterparts.”

They couldn’t make it more clear what they are doing….no food for men in emergencies….no shelters for homeless, lied to so as to avoid health care……death by the emotional abuse of marriage and divorce and custody fights in the US leading to unprecendented suicide and prison populations.

The plan has been in motion since 1990′s, the decade women realized know one knew what they were up too……now we do.

Rocco November 19, 2011 at 10:09
Robert November 19, 2011 at 11:33

Tom Smith November 18, 2011 at 14:05

Leave it up to feminists to feck up anything/everything they can for their own selfish agendas. They highjacked the “tea party movent” N.O.W. they have highjacked the “occupy movement” for their selfish agendas’. They highjack, infect, ruin and destroy anything/everything that does not suit them or their agendas’.

Robert November 19, 2011 at 11:47

Notice how the media exploits female occupiers as victims. We do not get to see why police are spraying female occupiers in their faces with pepper spray. Their are plenty of protesters who are men who are denied opportunities, not all of them minorities, who are angry because they are being used as sacrificial lambs on the altar of someone else’s choosing. Feminism’s rolling altar has been well stocked well with the forgotten/used/misused/distorted/misrepresented/criminalized/ignored sacrifices of men, such as myself and others. MRAs should be present at these protests spreading our messages. Stop being silent/ignored. It can take only one female to destroy/ruin the life of even a wealthy/poweful man.

shiva1008 November 19, 2011 at 12:45

That wasn’t what I saw. Not to take away from the validity of your observation, but I was walking down 15th near the undergraduate library around 6-7 pm and they had a huge procession walking down the street, escorted by police motorcycles. And most of them were students.

Mickey T November 19, 2011 at 13:06

@ Jack 06:56 etc

If I stated, or implied that Obama actually started the thing, I didn’t mean to. He may or may not have. And I don’t believe I mentioned any relationship between Wall Street and any political parties.

I’m saying that the behavior of Bloomberg during the first demo in NYC was glaringly out of character. Corrupt or not, he has proven that he is a strong and decisive mayor. The First Amendment does NOT cover some of the things these people were doing and he knows it. He only began to finally enforce the law when his constituents showed him that they were fed up. If Obama did not start it, he jumped right on because it was a “golden” opportunity for a distraction and maybe more. Perhaps Bloomberg got a call from the WH with a promise of a position or something of that nature.. If that first demo had not gone as far as it did, it very well may have basically ended there, or not have gone as far as it did.

He may not have started it, but he is responsible for the way it spread and exploded into a national issue. He is a failure as president and he is desperate to get that second term. He is unscrupulous and will try anything that is available to get that second term including the Bin Laden hoax. There are other things which I believe I’ve mentioned implicating Obama.

RE:07:54

Good point, Oddsock. I see y you put the macro lens safely away. But that’s a “whole nother” topic. Why don’t you write an article about it??

W.F. Price November 19, 2011 at 13:16

-shiva1008

I was long gone by that time. Would have been interesting to see what exactly the students were protesting.

oddsock November 19, 2011 at 15:01

Micky T

So much to write about. Where to begin ? I would also need to put my best tin foil hat on. Having said that, there are fewer and fewer people that can now accurately shout ” conspiracy nut”. IMHO it all looks like everything is going to plan for a NWO and a global currency. I just hope it does not take a WW3 as the final reason ( Excuse)

oddsock November 19, 2011 at 15:05

Oops forgot to add

Follow the similarities. Mass unemployment, demonstrations, poverty, bank runs and financial fraud, currency wars, trade wars, firefights globally and finally world war.

See any paterns?

keyster November 19, 2011 at 15:48

“History is repeating itself almost exactly the same as the lead up to ww1 and ww2. Just refresh your memory guys or read a few history books.”

Do you mean leading up to ww1 and ww2 some rogue theocracies in Arabia and Persia had nuclear fission capability? If only history were to repeat in such predictable and tidy patterns.

The battlefield of dueling armies is an anachronism. The start of ww3 will make Pearl Harbor look like a drum circle in Zucatti Park. One of those nuts is gonna push the button and unleash hell on Tel Aviv. Then it’s Chino-Russia in a stand off with the USA (and it’s allies of course, such that there might be any).

We’ll be in our 60′s or 70′s by then, watching the chaos, mayhem and death on CNN or BBC. OWS protests will seem so utterly frivolous and quaint by comparison.

oddsock November 19, 2011 at 16:06

George Carlin; We Like War

Mickey T November 19, 2011 at 16:14

RE: 15:05

Add grave moral decline and I do see it.

“A fish rots from the head”. Who do you think is the most powerful person in the world??

Why not consider that as one of the possibilities of where to start.

Rmaxd November 19, 2011 at 16:19

There are actually REAL protests which MASSIVELY impact banks & corrupt government

Theyre called consumer & law action groups, they forced local councils in Britain to ban spy cars & forced banks to payback millions in bank charges & fees

For example here in Britain, the local council uses Fake courtrooms & sends out fake summons, complete with fake bailiff letters, with NO signature from a judge, or court reference number to trace the letter to court

For everything from unpaid counci tax, to unpaid tv licences, the local councils in britain are absolutely corrupt, they NEVER pass parking tickets to unpaid council tax to a real court

The REAL protests against the banks for over 10 years, literally millions of people have successfully recovered everything from credit card fees to overdrafts , to 100,000 mortgages

Your local banks & governments, rarely follow the law

Know your Consumer law & fight back

Know how your local council uses fake courts & fake bailiffs & fake court papers & fight back

The OWS is protesting because theyve been told theyre powerless

To fight the banks, in Britain all you have to do is demand the banks & government follow the Civil Procedure Rules, the basic rules of the court

Got a Parking ticket, fight back

Corrupt governments & banks are easy to topple, research the laws they break & they topple easily

Taqman November 19, 2011 at 16:30

Got a Parking ticket, fight back

PAN is that you?

Mickey T November 19, 2011 at 16:59

RE: 15:05 BTW

Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t see much of a future for a society that puts their people before their young, anyway.

Anonymous November 19, 2011 at 20:07

Two words: Generational Dynamics.

We’re so screwed.

Mircea November 19, 2011 at 23:49

To be honest, I don’t understand the motivations of the protesters of “occupy something” movement. Today, in my country, the economical situation is far worst than in USA… but (almost) no one protest. Well, we have a very efficient police state and people are afraid to go in the streets to protest. Just one example: in 2010, there was a (legal) protest of policemen… today, all the participants at that protest lost their job (under the pretext of cut spending)! I’m not kidding! But, on the other hand, people in my country seems to lost their hopes in future. And the most intelligent and well trained leaved the country (or are about to leave) to work and live abroad (in Europe or USA mostly).

But 21 years ago, we had a protest in the capital city, Bucharest, similar with these “occupy something” in USA today. The ending was of the protest was a bloodshed… (search the word “mineriad” on wiki)
I’m afraid, something similar could happen in USA also. Future is grim…

oddsock November 20, 2011 at 01:29

If you really want to see what is coming down the pike ? A must watch.

Even covers OCWS and the pending job layoffs on Wall Street.

Listen carefully to the position Germany is now taking. All this was warned against many years ago. This time they will take over the control of Europe via finance not bombs and bullets.

Capital Account: Max Keiser on Financial Apartheid, Germany 4.0, and Gold vs. SDR (11/18/11)

E November 20, 2011 at 02:13

Mickey T

Also, it seems the cities targeted for the demonstrations are heavily Dem/Lib.

If I was a mayor of a city I would out right ban (if I could get away with it) any OWS crowd from setting up camp in my city.

You don’t need an advanced degree in finance to understand a “tent city” doesn’t contribute property taxes yet it still sucks up city services like: police, fire, sewage, water, etc…
Furthermore it hurts the local businesses. Potential shoppers get scared and stay away for good reason. I remember watching the news where one merchant in downtown Oakland said his sales have dropped by 50%.
ouch >_<
Oakland btw is a very "Liberal" city but nobody can afford "Liberal" polices.

I believe it will be the ultimate end result for the OWS crowd to get pushed out to the slums where nobody cares much what happens there. No city can afford to let a OWS crowd set up camp in it's downtown business/financial district indefinitely.

Rocco November 20, 2011 at 06:41

As a member of a minority group that has systematically had it’s children removed and been deemed a danger to them and the public, especially females it concerns me that peaceful protest is supressed by police who are recieving tax free graft directly from the people being protested against bankers….the same ones who successfully destroyed the nuclear family where, like on the show “BeWitched” and when Samantha, Darrens wife over spent on the credit cards she knew he would be “mad”. Back in those days that wasn’t a dirty word, it meant you were wrong.

Well, we’re letting the wrong people tell us whats right and, as a well trained American, I’m ready to fight for my freedom.

And since my family has been taken, I don’t have much to loose……

The OWS protestors hate men and banksters.

I’ll take an active temporary ally versus a passive aggressive friend anyday.

oddsock November 20, 2011 at 07:32

Rocco

Every fecker hates or dislikes men. Even men dislike men. Feck! Most men don’t even like themselves.

Your gesture to fight for freedom tis noble but what a waste that would be. We are doing fine with the options we have mate. Just keep raising awareness and GYOW. Our message is getting out there for sure.

Rocco November 20, 2011 at 08:12

@ Oddsock

If we are MGTOW then nobility lies in our hearts. I will support what I see is honesty and justice for my own personal self regard.

Men don’t hate men so much as women hate women.

Robert November 20, 2011 at 09:49

The “occupy protests are a clear representation of an example of one thing that divides men. Most men want to survive. We do not have what anyone desires; a vagina. Any woman can get access to a penis, but not any man can get access to a vagina. The pedastals need to be kicked down and destroyed. For women to be truely liberated is to be restored to their traditional roles as real women, wives/lovers, mothers/mommys, and caretakers of the home and hearth.

oddsock November 20, 2011 at 09:52

David Icke; Thoughts from New york on the ” John Wayne America ”

oddsock November 20, 2011 at 09:58

“For women to be truely liberated is to be restored to their traditional roles as real women, wives/lovers, mothers/mommys, and caretakers of the home and hearth”

Robert. I suspect before this happens, if ever? We will need a major global reset. Perhaps such is on it’s way ? Modern woman is not going to give up so much power simply because it is the right thing to do or we explain the reasons to them using logic and fairness.

oddsock November 20, 2011 at 09:59

Robert

Forgot to add the most vital point; It is we men that must change, not women.

Boxer November 20, 2011 at 10:25

Hey Oddsock: Thanks for the video.

Patriarchy, as such, and all its “traditional family” trappings was actually more repressive against men than what we’ve got now. It forced men into early graves by the millions as they slaved away to provide cupcake a labor-free existence, and often the sweet wives were fucking the neighbourhood shoe salesman while husband was getting black lung in the coal mines.

Many of us (not all, but many) like things the way they are. I have a nice apartment, a nice job, no debt. I fuck different bitches several times a month, with no strings attached. I work out, study interesting stuff, don’t spend a ton of money on worthless crap (which a wife surely would) and enjoy the hell out of my life.

If you think I or those like me are willingly going to walk back into Marriage 1.0, and go work on some assembly line while a lazy bitch lays around in my house, eats cupcakes and fucks the town badboy on my dime, you’re crazy. I feel sorry for all the men in history who had to do that shit, and consider my life a sort of delayed indulgence on behalf of all of those good men who struggled and starved to get me to this beautiful but shaky point on the socio-historical continuum.

Best, Boxer

oddsock November 20, 2011 at 10:46

Good for you Boxer and I hope you can persuade many more men to take off their blinders and follow your example. Marriage is and always has been a shit deal for men. Even a long term girlfriend is shite. Do not ever let any man try tell you otherwise.

Rocco November 20, 2011 at 11:31

@ Boxer

I had an acting teacher in high school who was cool, back in those days, high school teachers would be friendly and this guy told me and some other guys that marriage, family and the picket fence are a wet dream.

That’s all it is you lose your soul, your freedom and your children for a farking wet dream.

Don’t marry and definitely don’t have children.

The’ll be the next group of victims, they are learning all the tricks right now, they read the paper too.

Mickey T November 20, 2011 at 11:32

RE: 02:13

A liberal doesn’t let the unlimited spending of money interfere with his ideology. Unless it’s his.

Burton November 20, 2011 at 12:37

The question is, why aren’t MRAs out there “occupying?” How about a mass protest in front of family “courts?” Or taking over a womyn’s resource center? Or sitting in at a feminist “studies” class and raising a ruckus?

I’ve participated in various protests over the years. One thing I find is that the system can dish it out, but can not take it. This is especially true when the system is made up of PC types–they can not conceive of people refusing to conform to their delusions. They start bouncing off the walls. And when it comes down to it, a lot of feminists are women who are simply waiting for men to stop acting like the wussy “male” feminists who follow them around. When men appear who stand up for themselves, it’s another matter.

Another thing about protesting is that it is good for the morale. You have struck a blow against the system. And established solidarity with like minded people. And caused the system to react to you instead of the other way around.

Time to hit the streets!

oddsock November 20, 2011 at 13:57

Burton

Very interesting post.

My campaign is to raise awareness wherever and whenever I get the opportunity with a mixture of non compliance or minimal co- operation. Sadly, I find it is other men ( manginas) that are the most difficult to influence, especially when they are pussy struck and in white knight mode. Women are a lost cause.

I would suggest taking to the streets, although an excellent suggestion, will certainly raise awareness but as for changing anything in the current system. IMHO, another lost cause.

No I am not a defeatist etc. I have simply chosen a path that seems correct, for me. I have been doing this for some years now and hopefully, at the very least, planted a few seeds, at best, awakened a few of the younger guys and given them a little more knowledge to help them along their own path.

P.s. The system can go feck itself.

DCM November 20, 2011 at 16:36

“oddsock November 20, 2011 at 09:59

Robert

Forgot to add the most vital point; It is we men that must change, not women.”

We have and more will. The impact isn’t fully felt yet, or rather it’s felt but not fully grasped.
Females changed much of their behavior, especially regarding their expectations and their courtship behaviors, but for some reason they expected men to continue acting exactly as before, say about 1955. They still use shaming language, acting like victims, pretending to be frightened, and so on. Fewer and fewer men are affected by it.

V10 November 20, 2011 at 17:04

Some people have brought up Tunisia and Bucharest and other real uprisings. I think you’re doing them a great disservice by connecting them to the OWSers. The bulk of the North American OWSers are spoiled children, regardless of their actual age. They’ve never known real hardship, have been pampered all their lives, and are throwing a temper tantrum.

Granted, there is the occasional exception in the crowd, and occasionally enough of them to make some cities an exception. But the bulk of them are not the types who are not capable of manning the barricades and fighting a bloody fight, either mentally or physically. It’s simply not in their experience.

Uprisings outside of North America have featured people angry about despotism, inequality, and suppression of freedom. The REAL thing, not the imagined tyranny of people voting 55% in favor of a Republican candidate, the oppression of hurt feelings, or the denial of your birthright to earn 6-figures with your newly minted diploma in transgendered interpretive puppetry. This is not a revolution. This is make-believe.

Many polls (reported by both the left and right media conglomerates) show a significant portion of the populace agrees with the OWSers (40 to 60%). Plausible, depending on how you frame the question. Hell, I support them too, in the abstract of their right to gather and the general notion of seeing the barons of finance cut off at the knees. Their actual plans, when they put something forward that has more meat on it than pithy slogans and chants, are:
A) ridiculous
B) objectionable
C) have nothing to do with reigning in Wall Street shenanigans
D) all of the above

OWS is incapable of accomplishing jack shit, even if the various police forces across the land are ordered to continue to just standby and not muss a hair on their unwashed heads.

As an excuse, that’s another game altogether. The elites meet in the backroom while the media covers the street theater, and then it is announced that OWS has overthrown everything and Obama (or Soros, or whoever) is henceforth be known as Executive Protector for Life.

Will of the People, ya know. Can’t oppose it, our hands are tied. Democracy has spoken. You’re not suggesting we ignore the People (as represented by their rich/celebrity spokesmen), are you?

Mickey T November 21, 2011 at 15:08

Oddsock,

Your comment of 09:69 is the very essence of the deplorable state that humanity is plagued with today.

Not your comment, but the response to it.

Rusty November 21, 2011 at 16:31
Mickey T November 21, 2011 at 16:51

Even though everyone’s gone to the moon, sorry for the terrible way I worded 15:08

DCM November 21, 2011 at 17:20

“Mickey T November 18, 2011 at 17:52

@ TFH 17:05

“Until the people who were young in the 60s are all gone”

I was a 1960s hippie. But I’m all grown up now.
…………”

Same here, but whe it was no longer fun it was time to move on.