Roissy’s Site Down — End of an Era?

by W.F. Price on July 28, 2011

Roissy’s blog, Citizen Renegade, appears to have been deleted by the author. The site contained hundreds of articles, many of them very well-written and thoughtful, and we can only hope that they are preserved in one manner or another. Roissy has a particular talent for iconoclasty and exposing the “pretty lies” that are so commonly served up to us for the falsehoods they are.

Although he most recently went under “Heartiste,” most of us know the author in the original “Roissy” manifestation, which is a reference to the French novel “The Story of O.”

Although Roissy certainly doesn’t owe anyone anything after all the work he’s put into the blog, I’m sure many of us are very curious about its sudden disappearance and are awaiting some news.

Uncle Elmer July 28, 2011 at 11:44

Perhaps he wearied of it.

I noticed that the comment section had been overrun by females in recent months.

K Eggers July 28, 2011 at 11:46

The king is dead, long live the king!

UncreditedSource July 28, 2011 at 11:48

I’ll be interested to hear what happened. That blog was what got me started into all this.

My two favorite Roissy articles of all time would have to be “Skittles Man” and “Bring The Movies.” Classics, if you haven’t read them.

W.F. Price July 28, 2011 at 11:48

@Elmer

Could be. His entries have been less frequent recently, and he’s apparently in an LTR. Nevertheless, I still hope the writing has been preserved. It was usually good, and often great.

Anonymous July 28, 2011 at 11:48

I only discovered it a few days ago and was reading through all the old entries, with mucho enjoyment, when it just disappeared. Please Roissy, bring it back…

Ok Folks July 28, 2011 at 11:53

Roissy was the highest visited MRA be-the-man (kinda) blog. Without it, the number of men exposed to MRA and knowledge on how to manage relationships properly will fall dramatically. Roissy, what have you done!! ??

minimalist July 28, 2011 at 11:55

I recently began to archive Roissy’s older posts. Unfortunately, some things came up and I only had time to save a few from 2007. I’m really hoping that someone was able to archive the entire site, especially the content from the beginning of the blog up to the end of 2009.

demirogue July 28, 2011 at 11:57

The man gave you plenty of knowledge. Be thankful for it and most important, pass it on. In your own words and experiences.

Anonymous July 28, 2011 at 11:57
PM July 28, 2011 at 12:00

we need archives! anyone? someone?

Firepower July 28, 2011 at 12:02

You’ll have to shut off the alarm

roissy now resides here, for those in the know

Praise Him

Anonymous July 28, 2011 at 12:03

What? Dudes stuff is gone. I loved his site and its addiction. I hope he is ok. Maybe it will come back soon.

dragnet July 28, 2011 at 12:03

The commentariat there was also consistently excellent. I derived as much benefit from reading the commenters as the posts.

Paul July 28, 2011 at 12:05

Funny how people still refer to the blog as Roissy versus the official name of Citizen Renegade.

Before the name change, the original Roissy mentioned how he was getting tired of blogging and was thinking of shutting down the blog. This was over a year ago.

After an incident I won’t mention (blog drama is always funny), Roissy restructured the blog. The name changed and it was confirmed that multiple writers were involved with the new blog.

An on-going game since that time was trying to guess which posts were written by the “real” Roissy. But it was obvious that the quality of writing and thought started to become sketchy.

My wild guess is that Roissy sold the blog a year or so ago and agreed to contribute an occasional article.

Anyway, Roissy was brilliant in that he was able to fuse PUA concepts (which he admitted he took mostly from Mystery) with a culture/political commentary.

masculistman July 28, 2011 at 12:06

Fuck Roissy,he talked shit about MRA’s. Besides all a PUA is is a mangina pussy begger anyway.

silent July 28, 2011 at 12:08

It was Roissy’s website that brought me here to The Spearhead, so I’m glad to see you post about it, since I just found the link to the new site.

Well done gentlemen

Rebel July 28, 2011 at 12:10

If it’s down, someone else will take the space.

There is no way to stop the truth now: it has gone viral.

When Studebaker, Edsel, Nash & Co. went belly up, other makers came up and continued.

The truth can no longer be capped.

Lara July 28, 2011 at 12:20

“he talked shit about MRA’s”

I never saw him do that.

DogFace Soldier July 28, 2011 at 12:25

One of my biggest worries is that the men’s rights movement will get hijacked and be transformed into another movement that declares women to be its primary beneficiaries. While there are top-notch men like Angry Harry, Paul Elam, W.F. Price, and Bernard Chapin who put men first, there are way too many men and women who are infiltrating the men’s rights movement and turning it onto a feminist movement.

I get annoyed by the fraudulent MRA men who buy into the feminist mindset. These men refuse to declare feminism a poisonous ideology, buy into the feminist myth that men have been and always be oppressors, and that we need to be concentrating on “manning up” for the benefit of women. These feminist men take the men’s rights movement three steps backwards for every one step it takes. A lot of these so-called MRA men sell-out in order to get money or the validation from women.

I get annoyed when fraudulent MRA women treat the men’s rights movement like it is a game. It is not a game; it is serious business. It is also not about YOU! I hate these women who come on here and tell men how they should act or that they are somehow more important than the men themselves. I believe the men’s rights movement should always put men first. I hope people don’t lose sight of the men who suffer in silence every day.

Höllenhund July 28, 2011 at 14:16

“The name changed and it was confirmed that multiple writers were involved with the new blog.”

Confirmed? Where?

Rant Casey - BR July 28, 2011 at 16:48

Of course he did. Your attitude of calling PUA – a class of men that takes the task of getting laid in theyr own hands – something like “mangina pussy begger” denotes a sour-grapes mentality towards women.

Its not something to be respected, and it is common among MRAs (I said common, not prevalent).

What kind of man would listen to another men telling him not to talk women into sex for some f****d up kind of “rebel cause”?

Bitching about the dating market is a task for ugly/fat women, and dorkish men.

The men who make the Men’s Movement respectable, are the ones focused in actual problems that can be (and need to be) fixed through organized social/legal action, like divorce court rapes, marriage scams, false rape, sexual harassment bogus, etc.

masculistman July 28, 2011 at 17:44

Preaching to choir.

The rest of your post was blame and shame which is a feminist tactic.

masculistman July 28, 2011 at 17:48

@DogfaceSoldier,

I said elsewhere here that I will defend the MRM from insult and infiltration and I mean it. Rest assured.

drizzle July 28, 2011 at 19:33

again you fools

his blog is still up and running

AntiFeminist July 28, 2011 at 21:34

I’d like to know what happened to Misandry Review:

Site also closed.

Seamus the Classicist July 28, 2011 at 22:42

I may not agree or engage in the PUA tact, people like Roissey have very important expriences and valuable insights. They prove to be indespensible to the movement. In an group or body politic there are different organs that do different things, each no less important than the other for overall health.

Nutz July 28, 2011 at 23:33

FYI the blog hasn’t been written by the original Roissy for a while now. He handed it over to guest writers and it’s been that way for…I want to say a year or 2 now. Apparently he still does an article now or then and it’s supposed to be a game to guess which ones are written by the original Roissy/Heartiste/Citizen Renegade. My guess is CR is the new writer and it’s been handed over once again to someone now, aka Heartiste. Handing off the writing to new writers is fine, but changing the site’s name was a major mistake. All those forum links giving awareness of Roissy’s blog just became null and void.

Masculist Man July 30, 2011 at 23:37

So that’s what “game” means,playing bullshit games with men who are actually trying to make a difference in the world. Yep,PUA’s are the yapping chihuahuas clamoring for attention. Aren’t you PUA’s supposed to run your game on women? If that’s the case why are you fucking with us?

Xen August 11, 2011 at 16:34

@masculist man: good lord man, bitter much?

You go ahead and approach these issues your way, that’s fine. But the whining about men taking a different tack is pathetic. Roissy’s blog has done more to promote awareness of the issues facing modern men than any other single outlet.

As a matter of fact, based on my readings at both the spearhead and at citizen renegade, Roissy’s approach seems more successful at convincing both men AND women to stop drinking the koolaid.

Female comments who are starting to get the message are far more common there than at the spearhead. Not that I’m dismissing the fine work done by the men here, I’m just saying based on my observations Roissy’s methodology seems to be more successful.

In fact let’s take a moment to compare the message generally conveyed by the writing on each site. Note that these impressions are based on my own personal observations and interpretations of what I have read.

Spearhead: the plight of men in modern America has become dire. The correct response to this is for men to minimize their contact with women for financial safety and personal sanity purposes. If enough men simply refuse to participate, eventually women will get the idea and change their behaviors. MGTOW.

Roissy: the plight of men in modern America has become dire. The correct response to this is for men to change their behaviors and use their superior capacity for logic and reasoning to take advantage of the modern woman’s penchant for bad boys and asshole game. If enough men refuse to get sucked into marriage while still having plenty of successful and fulfilling interactions with women, who cares if women eventually get the idea and change their behaviors? PUA.

Each approach has its merits, and the base assumptions and endgame are pretty similar. However, which do you think will be the easier pill to swallow for your typical brainwashed American male? I can tell you, personally, that the spearhead would be getting no hits from were I not introduced through Roissy’s blog. I also read the posts at the Chateau much more frequently, as to be honest the attitude here seems to be a little defeatist, and very elitist.

I find it hypocritical for you to slag Firepower one moment for giving MRAs a hard time, then almost in the same breath slag PUAs for having the gall to approach the same problems you bemoan from a different angle than you choose to. You are defending the men’s rights movement from insult and infiltration? Really, bro?

Basically, the spearhead is doing important work. Roissy is doing important work. Get off your high horse and remember what the real problems are. Hint: they are neither men’s rights advocates nor pickup artists.

jhos September 10, 2011 at 06:57

Roissy’s site taught me all about how to play with women and win all the time.

YinYang September 25, 2011 at 13:06

Maybe Roissy suffers from too much stress … a common characteristic of Alpha Males. He needs to reconnect with nature.

anon November 5, 2011 at 19:14

The blog was relocated to http://www.heartiste.wordpress.com

Fade March 10, 2012 at 06:18

Roissy’s site is still up, but I’m glad this article was published had it been gone! If you like roissy’s stuff, you might also enjoy theAsian Seduction System