A Men’s Convention? Seriously?

by W.F. Price on April 26, 2011

Some time ago, we discussed the idea of a men’s convention here on The Spearhead, and a lot of men really liked the idea. It sparked a lot of interest, some speculation and a few offers of assistance. Eventually, however, the idea sputtered out, largely because most of us simply don’t have the time to organize something like that. Of course, pulling a convention off is a big undertaking. Event management is far beyond the scope of my abilities, and probably most others’ as well. It takes someone with energy, zeal and dedication, and those people are not exactly a dime a dozen in this workaday world where most of us come home just plain tired five days out of the week.

But what if I told you there’s already someone doing this? Some time ago, a man got in touch with me about his business and his idea. He told me about his work and his dream. Not only is he running a men’s convention; he’s running one that isn’t preaching about how we need to be better slaves to women and big brother government. Even better, it was founded in large part out of respect for a good friend who was dealt a very unfortunate hand. In fact, it’s about fellowship, moving forward in life, and respect for ourselves and the men around us. And, almost unbelievably, it’s already an international event.

To me, it sounded almost too good to be true. Why hadn’t I heard of it before? I wondered…

So I had a few conversations with the man behind the convention, and listened to what he had to say. His name is Anthony Johnson, and it turns out he’s young, he’s idealistic, and he shares a lot of our concerns. I found myself liking this young man quite a bit.

Although Anthony has been focusing on the challenges facing younger men in the Game/dating arena for some time, he’s indicated that he wants to expand into other men’s issues as well — a move I think shows a lot of maturity and foresight on his part. When we grow up we find that there’s more to life than simply getting laid, after all, and he’s committed to moving beyond the simple application of Game to life. This is a step I wholeheartedly support, because while Game has a lot of utility, it is simply a first (however important) step toward creating a new, better place for men in today’s society. I also think some of our readers and authors could offer him some assistance in that regard, and broaden the appeal of the event.

After a few talks, I told him to let me know when his events are coming up. I knew readers would be interested, but I didn’t want to jump the gun. Additionally, I like to catch the feminists flat-footed. It takes time for their squawking to translate into action, and I know they read this site on a daily basis. No point in giving them plenty of prep time to try to sabotage a perfectly decent men’s event.

So, here on The Spearhead, I’d like to officially introduce and endorse The 21 Convention, a convocation of 21st century men dedicated to moving forward and taking on challenges.

In 2011, Anthony is holding two conventions. The first, a UK event, will be held in London on June 2. The next will be held in Orlando on July 21.

The respective links follow:

The 21 Convention 2011 of London England

The 21 Convention 2011 of Orlando Florida

Anthony has also been kind enough to offer a discount code for Spearhead readers, which will be offered through the newsletter (sign up through the MGTOW logo and newsletter link on the top left sidebar and the introductory email will provide the code).

Finally, I should add that Anthony let me know that the price will go up incrementally at the end of each month prior to the event due to increased late booking costs, so those who are sure they are interested in attending ought to get in as soon as possible.

Personally, I hope to make it to one of the events. London would be my preference (I’ve wanted to go to Europe again for some time), but I’ll have to act soon and am not sure I can make that one. I’d love to meet some readers, and I think this would be a great venue for that. It would be great to see a contingent from The Spearhead represented at The 21 Convention, and I know Anthony would welcome us with open arms. I’m quite optimistic about this convention, and very pleased to see a young man devoting so much of his time and talent to making it happen. I’m going to keep readers updated on the events’ status, and would be happy to have reports from attendees.

Alphabeta Supe April 26, 2011 at 03:14

I may even donate a quid or two for the tea and scones.

AfOR April 26, 2011 at 03:17

and, 625 motherfucking bucks….

Carnivore April 26, 2011 at 04:52

Leos Tomicek April 26, 2011 at 05:20

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 05:29

Got to play devil’s advocate here and ask why “game” for men is supposed to be good while it’s bad when women do it.
I’ve read and read about this “game” thing, it just seems like a case of two wrongs suddenly equaling one right…That doesn’t seem like it has anything to do with furthering men’s rights.

migu April 26, 2011 at 05:38

Hmmmmmm. Anyone seen “school for scoundrels”?

I’m pretty sure Billy Bob’s PUA course was $625 too.

Leos Tomicek April 26, 2011 at 05:52

@ Mr J.

The game blogs have some interesting observations that can help men establish some power balance within their relationships with women. In this way this knowledge does save men from unnecessary stress in my opinion, and betters their lives if only by a little bit.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 05:57

“date hotter women”………………REALLY???……..Isn’t that how men get into messes to start with??
How about “date smarter women”?

Ken April 26, 2011 at 06:00

Seriously,
Put up banners of Male Heroes to get people’s attention and squash any ideas of a men’s convention being just self-improvement and “getting chicks”
Might I suggest banners showing VLAD THE IMPALER and GENERAL PATTON?! (Definitely two guys who didn’t take sh*t from Susie Sucksalot and Lilly Lesbian)

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:02

The Trend April 26, 2011 at 06:05

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:06

WAIT…..I got a better one……….”how to find honest women”
“hotter women”….LOLOL……………………………….DUH

Wulf April 26, 2011 at 06:12

Yes! You can be a skanker and service skankees.

No thank you.

scatmaster April 26, 2011 at 06:20

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:26

@ Wulf

LOLOLOL………………………………..

Leos Tomicek April 26, 2011 at 06:28

@ Mr. J

Indeed, one needs to look at other qualities in a woman if she is to be a worthwhile date, not just her looks. Good looking chicks can be a pain too.

I read women talk such crap about their relationships with men that bunch of guys telling each other how to score and save themselves from bad experiences does not bother me.

migu April 26, 2011 at 06:32

Mr J.

That is all women talk about. Gaming various men. Especially in female only groups. So I don’t feel any different than before

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:34

@Leos

Yay!!!!!!!……………….we can ALL circle the drain together singing hand-in-hand.

migu April 26, 2011 at 06:35

You could name it….

Contributing the western cesspool.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:37

@ migu

Yay!!!!!!…………………….we can ALL circle the drain together singing hand-in-hand.

Aharon April 26, 2011 at 06:38

an attendees comment on their website about his experience:
“Whether you’re interested in picking up more women or heavier weights The 21 Convention is THE event for anyone wanting to perfect their game and lifestyle”.

Based on a reading of the site, event topics, and photos, it appears the event is for a young crowd heavily into the dating, PU, and muscle building scene.

Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) April 26, 2011 at 06:39

Although there are many PUAs some of the commenters on the site noted that the men talked about having a great life overall. This might be more appealing to younger men. So many young men have women on their minds.

In case you men don’t know it? Men, MOST MEN, are not interested in listening to what other MEN have to say about improving their life. I mean. How many men here have read and use on a regular basis “How to Win Friends and Influence People”?

How many men here have done the Landmark Forum and the Curriculum for Living?

The Curriculum for Living was BY FAR the best thing I EVER DID. I’ve done the Landmark forum THREE TIMES OVER! I even offer to PAY for young men to do it its that good. I tell them that they can pay me back later if they choose to.

The SECOND time I did it in December 96 I did it because I was still failing to sell big deals. I was 32 and was STILL failing to sell the BIG deals. Well? In Jan-Feb 97 I played a key role in closing a USD10M deal in Australia and a USD2M deal in Manila. These deals were ongoing when I did the class.

I went on to close out about USD4M in a deal in Hong Kong a few months later. I became THE top closer in Australia in my space by percentages closed. But I only went for small numbers of deals. I closed out a deal at Telstra (Australias guvment Telco) that was considered ‘impossible’ by no less than FIVE PwC Partners. It was so impossible they didn’t allocate any people to do the project because they could not believe we could beat IBM to the punch. The deal turned quite bad because of that! I was supposed to lose! LOL!!

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:39

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:41

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:46

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:49

Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) April 26, 2011 at 06:50

Gents,
I think your criticism is a bit harsh on the PUA side of things. The convention has to run at a profit and so it must present what men will pay for.

Guess what? Men rarely pay for even the BEST advice on such areas as business development, personal development, learning about law and becoming independent.

In my 20s I went to EVERY personal development class I could find. Read EVERY book I could find. Tony Robbins. Dale Carnegie and the like. They didn’t work so well except on the golf course where I was easily breaking 100 in my very rare games of golf and out driving my brother who played of 5. Only trouble was I might be two fairways away!! LOL!!

So don’t be criticising a young man for setting up a convention for what men WILL pay for. That’s not very MANLY in my book.

And if you think you have an idea that’s good enough for a convention that men WILL pay for? Then get to it and run a convention. Just remember. Men can’t even be bothered to learn how to not pay alimony and child support. That’ s how resistant to education they are now. ;-)

Aharon April 26, 2011 at 06:57

“They should add this to the agenda- women don’t want to play sports so men shouldn’t either and ITS ALL MENS FAULT!!!”

Thanks for the link. That was a funny article though I admit I didn’t read most of it. Just (again!) shows us all how irrational, paranoid, and jealous so many women are about men and life. How about this idea: force college football teams to require half the players to be women, and to play during the game itself, with no change in the level of physical contact and aggression on the playing field. That would be an interesting game to watch.

Keyster April 26, 2011 at 06:59

“I think the idea for a men’s conference is great though in a completely different context.”
I’m afraid you men are right.
It’s a convention on how to get laid, how to best approach women and interact with them better so you can “score”, and look good while doing it.
The fact that young men feel like this is something they need is a symptom of the broader problem; young men aren’t being taught (or reconditioned) how to BE men….vis a vis women.

I realize hormones are raging and a guy is always wanting himself some, but manhood transcends sex and relationships with women. And thinking that getting laid and scoring that winning babe as your wife to be is what being a man means, really misses the mark.

A convention or “gathering” is needed, but not one dominated by deference to women. Not one that obsesses over female nature and feminist governance either, but one that advocates for men as a group.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 07:05

@Keyster

Exactly……………………………..BRAVO!!!!!

Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) April 26, 2011 at 07:06

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 06:49

J.
Rick Ross has been dissing Landmark for 15 years to my knowledge.

He had all these ‘horror stories’ on his web site in 1997. So I asked him if ANY of the people he talked to actually COMPLETED the 3.5 day Landmark forum? (Let alone the 6 months that follow including 20 weeks of seminars). He said ‘No’. So I asked him if he would SAY THAT on his web site. He again said ‘No’.

That is what Rick Ross’ credibility is worth. He’s a liar and he knows it. When people mention his site I simply tell them that I happen to know he’s a liar from direct personal experience with him. Once a man is a self confessed liar? I don’t listen to anything else he says no matter it might be true.

The full ‘curriculum for living’ back in those days was three in room classes 3.5 days, 4 days, 6 days. As well as 20 weeks of 3 hour seminars in class room. We also held project meetings for our projects. Those who chose to could also assist and that was were I got a LOT of my breakthroughs…in my assisting other people. In terms of ‘value for money’ it can’t be beaten because most of the labour is provided for free from those who choose to assist. I was at Landmark two days a week for a year because I chose to assist most of the year I was there. I was involved in Landmark for 4 years on and off. It was the best thing I EVER did for myself.

For personal development? I have not seen anything else that comes close. I have PERSONALLY assisted more than 1,000 forum graduates and I have NEVER heard ONE complaint from someone who FINISHED THE CLASS. NO OTHER education class could claim that let alone one that is, for all intents and purposes, free. I heard LOTS of complains from people who CHOSE TO LEAVE the class at the beginning. By the way? At the start of every forum you are offered your money back and to leave. No questions asked. The people who complain the MOST are those who leave in the first hour.

If a man wants to be successful in life? He will make the Curriculum for Living one of the things he does. No question.

Now. Having said that? There seems to be a link between Landmark and the Illuminati. I have challenged Landmark on this point to silence as a response. However, just because there seems to be some link does not detract from the value people get out of it.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 07:11

Looks to me like a “Skanker Convention”, Wulf probably thinks so too.

W.F. Price April 26, 2011 at 07:14

I’m afraid you men are right.

-Keyster

Keyster and others, I think we need to think about the fact that the conference organizer is 24 years old, and has been reaching out to me, among others, because he wants to move beyond the simple Game/PUA paradigm.

For a lot of young men, this is the first step to understanding that women are not everything we were led to believe they are. Roissy’s site, for example, has been very important in bringing young men around to a new perspective. I’d be lying if I said what he writes had no influence on my own take on the situation.

So, although a lot of us are past the overwhelming desire for women that young men have, we ought to look at what this young man is doing in terms of potential. Reaching out to him and younger men is a good idea. If Game is not for you that’s fine, but I think offering some help and constructive advice is a better approach than dismissing what these young men are doing. Give it ten years, and many of them will be picking up where we left off. With this in mind, I’m going to support Mr. Johnson.

Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) April 26, 2011 at 07:14

Keyster April 26, 2011 at 06:59

Well? If you think you can do better? Go ahead. Men who talk about ‘what is needed’ who are not willing to ACTUALLY DO IT?

Please. Grow up. I developed the remedy for all men in the english speaking world so they could choose to live in freedom. Why? It was NEEDED. It was, quite simply, the right thing to do.

Guess what? I didn’t ‘talk about it’. I went out and DID it. THEN I talked about what I had DONE….PAST TENSE.

When men can talk about what they have done as well as what the next steps are? Then they have something to talk about.

At least the young man got off his arse and arranged this convention. And that’s a LOT more than a LOT of men have done here Keyster.

Leos Tomicek April 26, 2011 at 07:20

@ W.F. Price

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 07:24

Peter Andrew

Ok, that looks fair enough.

All I know is that I got caught up in a “Baptist” sort-of cult and learned a LOT from the Rickross website………He may personally be a liar, I don’t know, but that website is a wealth of knowledge by-way-of other’s posts on there….I’d be a few dollars richer and a little less heartbroken if’n I’d found it sooner

W.F. Price April 26, 2011 at 07:27

@ W.F. Price

-Leos Tomicek

He’s suggested I speak for them, and I’d be happy to do so if I could — I think other men should think about it as well. I have no problem talking to young men and telling them about what men face today as fathers and in family court. In fact, I think it’s important that we try to do so rather than blow these young men off. Personally, I think this has potential, and the guy is going to have organization skills and experience that will be invaluable in time.

Migu April 26, 2011 at 07:29

Landmark Forum

Biggest waste of money ever. Brainwashing centers are us should be their name.

Leos Tomicek April 26, 2011 at 07:31

Since I reside in London, I want to see Angry Harry and other such types present. Furthermore 600 bucks I’d spend for a high-class hooker in my country of origin…

Leos Tomicek April 26, 2011 at 07:34

600 buck would actually buy at least two hookers…

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 07:34

@ WF Price

Ok, I can see that……………if its being used in a “marketing lure” sort of way and then gets into real substance.

Aharon April 26, 2011 at 07:35

Leos Tomicek April 26, 2011 at 07:39

@ Aharon

These are real issues plaguing our society, ‘dating hotter women’ is not.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 07:40

WF Price

I’m sorry, I consider myself more than something to “score” with.

I wouldn’t consider having a “skank score” something to be proud of.

I don’t mean to be an ass, but thats whats in my head.

Uncle Elmer April 26, 2011 at 07:48

600 buck would actually buy at least two hookers…

In some places, 10 hookers, if you are being generous.

oddsock April 26, 2011 at 07:50

Six Hundred and Twenty Five feckin squid? Your having a Giraffe ! I could buy three deluxe self lubricating inflatable sheep for that, in Black White and feckin Orange.

Benjones April 26, 2011 at 07:58

What about those of us whose lives don’t revolve around replacing our dog every week? Who just care about the legal discrimination men face? I’m disappointed

Migu April 26, 2011 at 08:00

Welmer,

You might be getting suckered.

Just saying. He is doing it, you are in contact and you’ve got the years on him. Paranoia kills and I don’t know shit about this guy, I am baseing off the links.

I’m not going. I hate a sausage fest that revolves around finding the right bun. I enjoy another man’s company, but not that kind. If you go with an eye to turn the topic of the convention, most of the men that paid $625 are going to oust you as a buzz kill.

If he is hitting this market (MGTOW, MRA) he is smart, it is as of yet untapped. The whole seminar seems like a rip off of the plot to “School for Scoundrels.”

Good idea, smart kid, he is going to have a bunch of money when he is 30. I hope he is able to hold on to it. If he games his girl the odds are not good. Once he falls in love, he will be on his own. She will make sure of that.

Leos Tomicek April 26, 2011 at 08:01

greyghost April 26, 2011 at 08:01

Thank you Welmer for this article. This is our chance to put our money where our mouth is . That kid is ageing out of scewing women and now he wants to move on. He must really like the spearhead and is why he contacted Welmer. Well I’m going to make a plan to be in Florida. I may take the family and drop them off at Disney world so I can go and learn how and old balding fat guy can score him a carousel rider. (LOL) Or I can introduce myself to a man that has the same values and ideas that I have. I think something like that will be very interesting.
Aharon made this statement. “A convention or “gathering” is needed, but not one dominated by deference to women. Not one that obsesses over female nature and feminist governance either, but one that advocates for men as a group”.

Maybe the kid can have one of us speak as well to give the young men a plan of action to step off the carousel. Some of those guys may think getting married is the way out. (wrong move kid)

Keep talking to him welmer and let hom know how it looks. Hell, the guy is probably reading the comments right now.

dragnet April 26, 2011 at 08:02

“For a lot of young men, this is the first step to understanding that women are not everything we were led to believe they are.”

Nailed it.

For most young men, what’s the first way you figure out you’ve been served a bounty of lies regarding women your entire life? Not family court, child support, or anything like that—most young guys aren’t at that stage yet.

No, for the men who manage to wake up at a young age their first exposure to the truth is usually through Game and/or the dating scene. Can young guys related to divorce theft, chilimony, VAWA, etc? Sure, but not nearly as visceral as they can to what’s going on in the sexual marketplace. Any men’s movement that doesn’t address this isn’t going to be very good at tapping the core energy that animates young men.

But once that core energy and emotionalism is tapped, then it can be channelled into many other useful things—including men’s advocacy writ large. To the extent that Anthony Johnson is doing this, I think it’s a sound strategy.

Aharon April 26, 2011 at 08:10

For future reference, I’d like to suggest a men’s convention in one of the bigger cities in Kansas perhaps Topeka since it is supposed to be very nice. Kansas is central to the USA and there are some great BBQ places we can celebrate at! Initially, I was thinking Las Vegas yet that place is far to the West, pricey, and sure there are the girly shows yet why give any women our attention during a men’s conference? BBQ is better than a woman: you can eat it for a week trying out different meats and sauces and it won’t complain.

Uncle Elmer April 26, 2011 at 08:11

I’ll take Booth 54 for Elmoron Adventures, Inc..

Our product is like google( Eat, Pray, Love tour), but designed for a man!

Poester99 April 26, 2011 at 08:14

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 05:29

Mr(s) J, don’t know where you are pulling that first statement from, seems trollish since no one said it. Girls generally don’t need ANY game to avoid involuntary celibacy, and the what “game” they use is generally in support of their hypergamy, and search for LTRs and commitment, from high status men.

However, from my perspective, spreading effective game/relationship skills, is like a vaccination for the geeks/nerds and other ignored and/or forgotten young men against suicide and other rampant self destruction. The boys need it roughly 4-5 times as much as the girls.

Mickey T April 26, 2011 at 08:25

I’m always happy to see men get together to better their lives, and I know we have a terrible problem in this area, but really, how many men does it take to tell a guy how to date??

This is a resource consuming effort and it lacks the necessary help for a great number men beyond, or not in, the mate-finding market. With resources as limited as they often are, men should get “more bang for the buck”. It would be nice to see contributors/speakers such as attorneys who specialize in men’s rights, people who with political savvy who can guide, social workers, childcare people etc.. More men of maturity with experience might be helpful too.

This effort leaves out a lot for a very large group unfortunate men.

greyghost April 26, 2011 at 08:29

Looks like it is 500 bucks and this year. Sorry can’t make this one, been off from work too much for medical shit this year. I still think it is a good idea.

Opus April 26, 2011 at 08:39

In my life I have known three guys who were entirely Alpha. They were naturals; women threw themselves at them although their respective techniques or styles were entirely different from each other. They had what women wanted, but in their early twenties most women want a man and are not sufficiently sophisticated or jaded to be able to resist most of Natures calling. They say yes, rather than test.

I am tempted, but will restrain myself from dissing the conference; other than to say that if a young man in his twenties needs to attend it then either he has insecurity problems or perhaps just likes male-bonding of the inspirational sort. Certainly they will gain a buzz for a few hours but I doubt that it will translate into successful field work.

A session that would warn them of the dangers of female wiles will I imagine be somewhat of a damper to their libido and probably in practise be quickly forgotten.

I hope therefore Welmer that you make it to London but I must warn you London is not in Europe (at least no one here thinks so).

W.F. Price April 26, 2011 at 08:44

-Opus

Yeah, me too, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to spend what little discretionary money I have on a dentist. I’m also not a huge fan of London, but I really enjoy the museum there and the historical features.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 08:44

Poester99

“Game” just seems like a stupid name to call what you’re describing……It just seems to me, more often than not, the term “game” is another name for PUA bullshit.
If you want to teach about intelligent relationships and avoiding gold-digging bimbos and the like, then say that or something similar, not this “game” stuff….WHAT is THAT???

Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) April 26, 2011 at 08:49

oddsock April 26, 2011 at 07:50

Hilarious!!

Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c) April 26, 2011 at 08:50

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 07:24

Many people have had many things to say about many ‘cults’ on Rick Ross’ site. That’s their opinion. Just that Landmark is not a cult and is not a ‘brainwashing center’ as Migu suggests.

Landmark DOES make use of such things as NLP when presented by the forum leader and DOES make use of repetition and DOES make use of longer days and getting people tired to break down their resistance to what has really been going on in their lives….and these techniques ARE used by other groups such as cults.

However. Just because the techniques have some similarities does NOT mean the intention or the outcomes are the same. Now that I have done it 15 years ago? And I remain in contact with people who have done it 15 years ago? They all pretty much say the same thing. Best thing they ever did. I can’t say that about any other class I ever did.

After this long the distinctions learned are pretty much part of how I live my life. I can’t imagine life without them any more. Indeed. It was an ‘experiment’ I ran on myself as to ‘how little sleep can I have and still be effective’ that got me through the time my former son had cancer. It was not until I had to go through the experience of having my former children kidnapped that my health finally failed me. Not many men can have 5 years of high stress living ending in the kidnapping of their children and NOT have their health fail them.

Like I said. Best thing I ever did. Others may have differing opinions. ;-)

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 08:54

From the upvote/downvote scores here, I get the impression that a lot of men are like a lot of women, at a certain point they take a disliking to you no matter what you say……….example: I post an agreement with someone that gets many upvotes and I get downvotes for it………..tooo funny.

W.F. Price April 26, 2011 at 08:58

Mr. J

Well, you’ve kind of tipped your hand “Mr.” J:

I’m sorry, I consider myself more than something to “score” with.

Given the context, it’s pretty clear you’re female.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 09:09

Denis April 26, 2011 at 09:10

Opus April 26, 2011 at 09:15

Welmer

London has more than (a) Museum! I presume you meant The British Museum (rather misnamed as most exhibits were Made in Greece and Egypt). It has History, as you say, being originally Roman. It has about forty west-end theatres and a similar number of smaller ones, endless parks and The Heath, more Art Galleries than you can safely do, four Orchestras, two radio Orchestras, Two Opera Houses etc and many wonderful new buildings, like the Gerkin and The Shard and my own favouite The BT Tower, and is home to one of your fellow country-women, a certain Madona. Sadly you wont find any Londoners (Cockneys) as they have all left for the suburbs.

It was Doctor Johnson who opined that ‘He who is tried of London is tired of Life’ so I hope that if you come you find many things to entertain you, but not Dentists, as whereas they used to be free, now most charge and probably, rightly, Americans do tend to be critical of the standard of British Dental Care.

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:17

“I’m sorry, but when I read the link I see nothing but a long list of self proclaimed PUA gurus, (all of whom it has to be said looked like losers and wannabes) I think you just got scammed for some free publicity… I doubt it has anything at all to do with men’s rights etc

and, 625 motherfucking bucks….”

I blog about liberty, men’s rights, feminism, and the like frequently on my blog, and have for the past few years. I have been slow and steady to inject these things into The 21 Convention. You should watch my own speeches at the event, over the years, to see a very clear progression of this.

I have also written about these things on The21Convention.com, but there too it has to be done slowly and surely.

Case and point, the first time I mentioned the word “feminism” on the site an uproar started about how I am an ignorant, misogynistic racist (as if the criticism even made sense).

– Anthony

ps- the tickets get in a friend for free, so you can split the cost with a friend.

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:20

“Undoubtedly the best news I’ve heard this year! London…Men’s rights…giving fembots the royal bird…what’s not to get excited about? I’ll be signing up as soon as I can re-organize my work schedule. Bravo, Mr Johnson!

I may even donate a quid or two for the tea and scones.”

Thanks man. Like TSH, need all the support I can get.

For the record, I’d love to, and have been looking to get some official “mens rights” speakers at the event. I have already spoken with Paul Elam, but he is unable to make it this Summer to Orlando.

Applicants welcome.

– Anthony

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:24

“Sorry, have to agree with AfOR. Out of 11 speakers, 2 are fitness experts and the remaining 9 are PUAs and dating coaches.”

The speaker roster is 4 speakers out of date, so this criticism is inacruate (as soon as I update the roster anyway).

I wouldn’t be so quick to knock the PUA speakers either. The 21 Convention has consistently pulled in the best coaches from around the world — the guys who are actually worth their salt.

Considering that the industry they are coming from is drowning in snake charmers and outright liars, this says a lot. The coaches I invite are the real deal, period.

– Anthony

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:27

“Whenever I see the “date hotter women” slogan it puts an ironic smile on my face. I have been with women that make other guys look at you with envy, or in other instances commend you on a nice catch. If I was in my late teens I would probably find interest in the above, but I am now nearing my thirties. Why should I waste time and money on clowns that will tell me nothing new?”

This is hard to articulate in writing, but in the end, and consistently every year, the primary take a way from the event for attendees is NOT pickup/dating advice. I have had difficult moving the event to a broader focus than that on the surface level, but irregardless, attendees leave with a changed outlook on life.

They walk away knowing that the ideal is possible. That self esteem, happiness, and success are possible to them. Picking up women, exercise, nutrition, and relationships are merely expressions of those things — just like the men’s rights movement — a movement toward everything right in the world.

– Anthony

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:31

“to old to be a PUA and that is what this “convention” is all about. I cringe to think how this event will be portrayed if the MSM get a hold of it. That website is sleaze personified.”

Yeah this is complete nonsense. 5 minutes on the website watching the free footage from the events (all of it is released free) would prove otherwise to any person who chooses to think.

We consistently have attendees into their 30′s, 40′s, and a few in their 50′s. We had a speaker last year, Mark Sisson, pushing 60.

– Anthony

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:35

“Yet. I tell young men this stuff and they are not interested in the main. VERY few will spend the time and effort to improve themselves or educate themselves to become more effective. I was pretty surprised at that attitude now. It was not like that not so long ago.”

The 21 Convention is a heavily concentrated gathering of men who do have the will to improve and educate themselves. Attend the event and see for yourself. I’ll refund your ticket personally if you can look me in the eye and say otherwise after being there in person all 4 days.

– Anthony

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:37

For the record, I’m 22 Bill, not 24 =). I’ll be 23 this August after the Orlando event comes to a close.

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:38

“I think our reaction here was based on the impression we received from viewing the website. At least mine was. There definitely is a lot of room for improvement. If as you say the guy is in contact with you, I can see that happening.”

Leo, you should watch these 2 videos

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:41

“Another thing: there is absolutely nothing abnormal or wrong about young men wanting to “score.” This is something that will never change. If anything, it’s our job to help them avoid getting destroyed in the process.”

Bingo!

Speaking of which, Richard Nikoley, age 51, of “Free the Animal” health blog, is giving a hard nox version of the top 10 mistakes to avoid in your 20s this year.

The title?

“How to Not Fuck Up Your 20s”

– Anthony

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:45

“Well articulated. The focus, at least for most of us, seems to be on men’s issues and not on obsessing over women. For me, my areas of concern for men are cultural misandry, father’s rights, false-rape reporting, discrimination in the workplace, domestic-violence issues, etc.”

I share your interests, but understand that I have to incorporate these topics one year, and one speaker at a time. If I try rushing 57 topics into the event, rather than building on previous ones and branching out, I run the risk of alienating my audience of attendees that make the event in part, possible.

I don’t give two shits about pandering to the masses, but I also don’t want to collapse my business, which as of yesterday, has 4 owners, including myself.

– Anthony

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:51

“If this guy is smart enough to tap the pussy starved market, he is smart enough to say what you want to hear.”

While The 21 Convention is a household name in the PUA community, the events themselves have actually done a very poor job of attracting PUA attendees, in both Europe and the US. Other events attract hundreds. My event, 110 tops, up to this point.

Again, this event is not blindly focused on picking up chicks, the same way I am not, and have not for some years. As a result, the attendees I attract to the events are IMO, the top 1% of the PUA community, and a self-generated following that the convention has created in and of itself, as the only convention in the world explicitly for men, of all ages, who seek to succeed where others fail.

I had to start somewhere, and now I am elsewhere. Attend the event, and if you can walk out with the genuine impression that this is a sleezbag “pickup tactics” event, I will refund your ticket, and buy you dinner for wasting your time.

I mean it.

– Anthony

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 09:57

“Yeah I’m always amazed at how much guys are able to give these PUA schmucks for cheap talk. There are much better ways to dispense with your money. Besides, if you have 600, 1000, 2000 bucks to spend on some schmuck, I am unsure why you even need his advice…”

I have run this convention since I was 18, starting in 2007. I have taken it all over the world.

Not one, out of hundreds of attendees, has not walked away with the experience of a lifetime.

I literally mean, there has never been a single bad review of the event. Every single attendee walks away a happy customer, with information, relationships, and experience under his belt worth hundreds of times more than he spent, over the course of his life.

While I typically don’t offer refunds, because this is mostly a one man show, and I don’t have time to play with refunds, if you attend, and can look me in the eye asking for a refund, I will give it to you, personally.

The 21 Convention is worth every penny, and I stand behind that to the end.

Also, it bears repeating, that ticket price gets a friend in for free, the entire event.

Split ticket anyone?

– Anthony

Opus April 26, 2011 at 09:57

What a salesman!

Anthony Dream Johnson April 26, 2011 at 10:04

“These dudes aren’t necessarily MRM, but neither are many of the readers at The Spearhead. I hope their conference goes well and that they teach many young men the skills to survive dating modern women.

I think this is a great opportunity for the MRM, as most young men are primarily concerned about pussy and need some education before they get fucked.”

I’d like to make it abundantly clear that The 21 Convention is an event/small movement unto itself. I’ve pulled the biggest names from the PUA community to the event, as well as the biggest names from the paleo movement, as well as the field of High Intensity Exercise in the Arthur Jones tradition.

Mark Sisson in particular has zero to do with the “seduction community”, and is arguably, the top nutrition expert in the country, if not the world.

Dr. Doug McGuff is another speaker, an emergency room physician, who has nothing to do with “pickup” or dating advice of any kind. He is a doctor who shares similar values with me, loves what I do, and is concerned about the younger generation of men — for their sake, his, and the sake of his 2 young children.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 10:19

OK, downvote me all you want for calling out bs, but you all better get serious because a LOT more serious shit is going to be coming down in case we thought it was already bad.
case-in-point: there was an article a while back that “courts” are going to allow “videotaped evidence” IN COURT of women crying in domestic violence cases AS EVIDENCE of “abuse”…….YES, I read that, it was on the Belleville, Illinois newspaper site.

Aharon April 26, 2011 at 10:31

“If you want to teach about intelligent relationships and avoiding gold-digging bimbos and the like, then say that or something similar…”

Dating many women and certainly marriage is simply too risky and nothing can guarantee good results. Men need to stay single, retire early, and move to a male-friendly tropical island. Once there, do what you want.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 10:36

Aharon

agreed

(downvotes now) ………….LOLOLOL

Opus April 26, 2011 at 10:43

As this thread is developing in an interesting way, I have two questions , one of which is rhetorical but both of which puzzle me somewhat:

1. What is the difference between being a PUA and ‘grooming’?

2. Game is a technique for Males. So, what am I to conclude now that certain women including one of my acquaintance are trying to learn it? Are they crazy?

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 10:51

Opus

To me, its all a bunch of bullshit that takes our attention away from where it needs to be.
Big gov’t loves all that bullshit, just like “professional sports”,etc., it all keeps us busy with heads full of shit so we don’t pay attention to what they are doing so they can get away with cooking up all the schemes they want to imprison us with.

Aharon April 26, 2011 at 10:51

I wrote: “The focus, at least for most of us, seems to be on men’s issues and not on obsessing over women. For me, my areas of concern for men are cultural misandry, father’s rights, false-rape reporting, discrimination in the workplace, domestic-violence issues, etc.”

Anthony responded: “I share your interests, but understand that I have to incorporate these topics one year, and one speaker at a time. If I try rushing 57 topics into the event, rather than building on previous ones and branching out, I run the risk of alienating my audience of attendees that make the event in part, possible”.

What subjects are you featuring besides game/pua, paleo, and fitness/nutrition? Forget 57 topics. Forget 50 topics. What other 3 topics or 2 or 1 are you covering that relate more purposely to the MRM? Are you covering such important topics as how not to trust a woman, who secretly wants a baby, to not sabotage birth control making the man her financial slave for decades or how to reduce the risk of a false rape charge?

Keyster April 26, 2011 at 10:52

“Give it ten years, and many of them will be picking up where we left off.”
That’s a good point. I agree.

@Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c)

Aharon April 26, 2011 at 10:57

Mr J wrote: “case-in-point: there was an article a while back that “courts” are going to allow “videotaped evidence” IN COURT of women crying in domestic violence cases AS EVIDENCE of “abuse”…

Interesting. Thanks for posting that information.

BTW, if I may suggest relax a bit about getting up or down votes and don’t take it so seriously. This site has everyone from MRAs to White Knights to radfems visiting it so anyone might be clicking you either way.

Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 11:06

Aharon

You’re very welcome.

I do understand about the votes thing.

Kelvin April 26, 2011 at 11:29

I found the Spearhead through Roissy, and Roissy through game.
I would’ve never known about the MRM or the Spearhead if it wasn’t for game.

Definitely gonna get tickets for the London Convention.

Kelvin

Firepower April 26, 2011 at 12:08

W.F. Price

Yep – and a lot of men like the idea of free beer, too.

Eventually, however, the idea sputtered out, largely because most of us simply don’t have the time* to organize something like that.

Then, game over.

*yawn*
I wonder where we’d be if frontier homesteaders or Revolutionary War militia lost interest in their politics – simply because they worked paltry 19 hour days on a farm.

Geography Bee Finalist himself April 26, 2011 at 12:18

Even if I could go, (I started a new job yersterday and cannot take vacation time for the first three months anyway) let’s face it…

1) women are not going to change their “I-will-do-what’s-best-for-me-right-now” mentality;
2) almost no female American in my age bracket (and almost no female American in Anthony Dream Johnson’s either) ever demanded the responsibility of Selective Disservice;
3) the entitlement mentality among females for everything under the sun will not go away;
4) I do not foresee mothers demanding that their daughters demand a responsibility (Selective Service or SS, the genocide against the male sex) that the mothers lifted two of their fingers (their respective middle fingers) to demand themselves;
5) scholarships to higher education will continue to be closed to the male half of the population by the sponsors;

How much time you guys got? I could type more when I get done with training.

XS April 26, 2011 at 12:37

@Anthony,

“Leo, you should watch these 2 videos

This video is a 45yo man with 3 daughters and an ex-wife(?) talking about PU?? Is there more before I waste an hour of my life?

Btw what happened to the editing tools here?

Firepower April 26, 2011 at 12:45

XS

Btw what happened to the editing tools here?

They just post –
and harumph about
The Latest Outrage!
and Somebody Ougtta DO Something!

XS April 26, 2011 at 12:51

@Firepower,

It was a genuine question, I wasn’t sure if it was just my computer. No need for the sarcasm.

Firepower April 26, 2011 at 13:09

I never meant
to hurt the feelings
of a fellow…warrior

Keyser Soze April 26, 2011 at 13:24

Anthony,

If you are interested, I will speak about what really happens in a family court. If your audience will bear it, I can give a warning about the reality of maintenance and child support and how even a short marriage can ruin their lives. It is tough stuff to hear if you’re an idealistic 25 year old but it would do them a lot of good.

Common Monster April 26, 2011 at 14:26

> 1. What is the difference between being a PUA and ‘grooming’?

Opus, I made the point somewhere else before that PUA schools and “game” courses generally are to men what charm and finishing schools were to women 50 years ago. It’s one of the ways we’ve come full circle.

Women bred men to be expert salesmen, so being even more of what they want doesn’t seem very liberating me. Just remember, youngsters, sex is the game, marriage is the penalty. And there’s a reason you have to be 35 to be President.

> 2. Game is a technique for Males. So, what am I to conclude now that
> certain women including one of my acquaintance are trying to learn it?
> Are they crazy?

Ever read “The Red Queen”? Basically it’s an arms race out there. Everyone has to be able to talk some “game” now to be hip.

For example, there’s a new electro-dance club in the big city an hour away, appropriately named “Beta”. The real irony is it appears to be owned/run by Western Pacificers – the girl behind the bar (think Fiji or Polynesia) didn’t even know there was such a thing as Irish Whiskey…

The girls in that age range are probably totally baffled by some of the stuff they’re hearing come out of the mouths of at least a few of the guys around them, so occasionally one or two are bound to get curious and investigate, especially if some guy they really liked but who did mysterious things was into it. Gotta get ahold of the playbook from the other team and find out what’s wrong with them. By and large the official female line is it’s “creepy”, so males tend to keep their mouths shut. If there’s anything in the way of actual “girl game” beyond Cosmo/Glamour it’s still in the lab somewhere.

Lovekraft April 26, 2011 at 15:06

@ XS:

re Firepower.

That’s just his ‘thing’. Criticizes this site for not being active enough. But he hasn’t revealed what he does to show how he is better. Odd.

Firepower April 26, 2011 at 15:55

Tom936 April 26, 2011 at 16:29

I’m not against PU coaches tapping the MR market and I’m not against Game. I am only against mistaking this conference for a men’s rights conference.

Denis April 26, 2011 at 16:44

@Anthony Dream Johnson,
I think you’re doing a great thing giving men an education about relationships. Men really need to understand relationship dynamics better and look out for themselves more. I’d probably attend if it wasn’t so far away, how about expanding into web-conferences in the future? The price is quite reasonable for a 4 day conference.

Just so you’re aware, not all here are MRM, some are traditionalists and MGTOWs. Firepower is a paleo, but I’m sure you recognized that already.
There’s much debate from various factions about the direction of the MRM. I think it should branch out into all available areas of educating men. The complainers are the ones that don’t do anything and never will.

Wulf April 26, 2011 at 17:37

Every man attending should receive hard copies of Menz Magazine.

Migu April 26, 2011 at 18:01

Okay,

I’m impressed. Orlando eh? Still not going to make it, but I’ll stop talking shit, and if I get a wild hair, I’ll hold you to your refund promise.

Migu April 26, 2011 at 18:18

“@Peter-Andrew: Nolan(c)
Seriously mate, how many computer keyboards do you wear out a year, in using them to boast about yourself only, if for no other purpose?”

It’s part of the landmark Forum. I was just as bad. So was my cousin who convinced me to go in the first place. I didn’t ask for my money back, but think Scientology. No fundamental relation to the religion except in it’s methodology.

It is worth it, if just to learn how people manipulate you. A weak mind will get sucked dry though. They will break you down hard. You will be programmed.

That doesn’t mean you can’t turn it on and off at will. Just do a few SERE exercises before you go in. Those bastards are good. Generally they don’t intend harm. They do however; cause it.

Much like combat training. After awhile, when shots are fired, you automatically take cover move towards the fire.

The Landmark Forum is very powerful behind the scenes.

The Contrarian Expatriate April 26, 2011 at 18:19

There are companies that plan, organize, and execute conventions of this nature. A MGTOW convention would have to be good if it is to attract members in subsequent years.

Funding for an initial convention would be a problem, BUT sponsorship from male consumer-dependent corporations could be sought (Gatorade, Smith & Wesson, etc.)

Jay Hammers April 26, 2011 at 19:29

Well, if you can get some dumb guys interested in avoiding marriage, I’m all for it.

Guys in the manosphere tend to be a little too smart to fall for such blatant sales tactics- honestly watching the video was hard for me, as if I was watching a Girl’s Gone Wild video that takes itself way too seriously and doesn’t have any titties. It took me a few glasses of scotch to get through the whole thing. Agh.

I mean, I’m not some 18 year old girl who you’re trying seduce – but the announcer dude kind of comes off like he thinks I’m as susceptible to his “charms” as such a gal would be. Honestly as a 27 year old guy the last thing I want to see in a video for a men’s conference is “pretty boy” frat boys going “boom!” and shoving their faces into the camera.

I know a marketer when I see one. Honestly, I don’t know how people fall for some of the shit that’s out there, it’s so completely obviously bullshit. I don’t know if that’s you, but I do know you’re taking on the same traits as the expert bullshitters. Maybe that’s how people have to sell things because most people are total idiots who are actually susceptible to that shit… I can’t help but think anyone with any aptitude for game would see right through it though, as you must have a basic understanding of human psychology and social interaction, and if you can’t see through marketing bullshit you’re pretty much screwed.

I mean, look at the Daygame website. It’s designed for women. It’s pretty and neat.

I read The Spearhead, A Voice for Men, In Mala Fide. They aren’t fucking pretty and neat. They are well-organized but rough and tumble.

I don’t know, man. If guys today really fall for this shit, they’re probably more women than men.

I am sorry. The manosphere is known for its guys who disagree and disagree and disagree.

Anthony, I do hope you are trying to do something good here. I do hope you teach some guys the woes of modern marriage and, hell, the woes of being a modern man, and how to deal with it. God knows young men need good advice and to network with other men. They do need confidence.

But fuck, this isn’t a men’s conference. This is a “guys who wanna get laid but can’t, and haven’t found out how to do it through the magic of the internet and *trying*” conference.

Fuck, get Jack Donovan to speak and you’d be doing yourself a favor: http://www.the-spearhead.com/2010/02/25/delusions-of-masculinity-2/

scatmaster April 26, 2011 at 20:23

I could not give a flying fuck about getting my dinky stinky.
What I want is a convention that screams so loud that the MSM listens.
Sleazy PUA’s are not the way to do that.

scatmater April 26, 2011 at 20:25

Apparently because I have disagreed with the owner of the website I have gone into moderation for the first time. Despite the fact I have contributed monetarily. Free speech is dead on this site?

Millineal April 27, 2011 at 02:43

Female Pick Up Artist, Master Scammer and Jedi Woo Woo Priestess, Ms. Erika Awakening speaking at the 2009 21 Convention:

More on her voodoo money grabbing techniques:

Donn April 27, 2011 at 06:05

@Firepower: I’m still waiting for you to assemble your white pride world wide mob and start cleansing us undesirables you fucking pussy. The people on this site and others have done more in a week then you’ll ever amount to in your life, show me YOUR progress report, show me the things you’ve done so far and maybe you’ll amount to more than the spineless sack of a keyboard warrior that you are.

phil white April 27, 2011 at 06:55

@Mr. J April 26, 2011 at 05:57
How about “date smarter women”?

Don’t know if this would work, but heres a thought.
First of all, divorce is usually a young womans game, and later an older mans game. So if the family sticks together for the first 15 years, usually the wife won’t be a danger to family stbility.
So how do you tell if your fiancee is emotionally mature and stable enough to get past the 15 year mark? I don’t know.
If you are under 37 or so you might take a stab at cruising the obituary pages. Occasionall a young woman is widowed early. Such as when huby wrapped his motor cycle around a telephone poll.
So you have a widow who is realatively young and has proven she had the emtional maturity to get married.
Secondly, depending on how long her husband had lived, she has demonstrated to that extent that she can do her part to keep a marriage alive.
Hey, it’s just an idea.
Oh, and I’d wait at least four days after the funeral to make contact. :) :) :)

W.F. Price April 27, 2011 at 08:22

-scatmaster

You are not on moderation. I don’t know why the comment was flagged — akismet does that sometimes.

Cyclotron Majesty April 27, 2011 at 09:01

So when I look at it it looks pretty expensive one thing. So I wonder how pretentious of egos the guys are there. But maybe It’s worth the money. But next thing I notice is it’s mostly a bunch of PUAs… I don’t give a shit… about PUA. Maybe I should email them but if this even is just about worshipping the “alpha” male ego of the PUA and teaching us poor fools how to be as great as them, and not have anything to do with reality discussed… Count me out…

Richard P-Man April 27, 2011 at 09:42

Anthony Dream Johnson…

He posted like more than a dozen comments in a row.

Isn’t that a form of trolling?

He obviously wants some of the comments here covered up.

It is a scam.

DTB April 27, 2011 at 10:56

Lots of speculation here and nobody has actually looked at any evidence. You don’t have to like the PUA community to watch a video about proper exercise and nutrition. You don’t have to like marketing to find a product that you’re interested in (@ J hammers who was complaining about marketing, unbelievable. I’m surprised you managed such a coherent reply typing on your iPad).

I went to the convention three times and had an incredible experience each time. The underlying message of the PUA community is one of self improvement and self esteem. Watch one of Manwhore’s speeches to get an idea, I used to listen to them while I worked out because it was so inspiring.

Yes, it’s geared primarily toward younger men. Yes, older men do attend. Actually in 2009 the audience was about half and half. Couldn’t make it to 2010. Already got my ticket for 2011.

Erika Awakening is an absolute quack. It was a mistake to invite her and I wanted to boo her off stage. But thankfully, she hasn’t been invited back.

I’ve read this site for awhile and never ventured into the comments until I saw this. I’m appalled at the number of helpless victims posting here, the quality of articles had me believing something different entirely.

And for the sake of facts, the article never claimed the convention was a MRM convention. He said it’s a “men’s convention.” Which it is.

@richard P-man
If it’s a scam, it’s a well documented one. You can watch hours of footage (with real live people in the audience!) for free on the website. Make a genuine impression of the event instead of knee jerking because the creator wanted to address the banal criticisms of skeptics.

Mickey T April 27, 2011 at 11:04

@Scatmaster

Can you guess where else your voice will be heard as loud as the shrillest of feminists, AND money, travel and time are not an issue?

Hint: The polls

A Men’s Political Convention. Now, THAT could be the beginning of REAL change.
If you want change, change the law or the lawmaker.

But don’t under estimate the troubles an active dinky can bring. It could be a perilous journey into those stinky depths.

(I always try to get that in regardless of it’s relevance)

Millineal April 27, 2011 at 11:30

“Watch one of Manwhore’s speeches to get an idea, I used to listen to them while I worked out because it was so inspiring.”

Manwhore?

LOL.

Sounds inspiring indeed.

Millineal April 27, 2011 at 11:58

Manwhore’s website is sadistic and sociopathic;

“A girl in vegas a few months back.. took her back to my room and was makin’ her suck it. Then was throwing her around the room, wrestling her ‘n shit.. and I went to throw her again and she flew off the bed and landed kind of on her head. Poor girl was dazed. I was kinda worried actually. Checked to make sure she wasn’t going to die on me or need to go to the hospital. She was good, gave me a slow smile and said she was totally ok. I had my dick back in her mouth in no time. Sliding it in and out while she frantically tried to figure out what was going on.”

BeijaFlor April 27, 2011 at 17:19

I was tempted when I first saw Welmer’s tag of it as “a men’s convention.” Yes, it would be nice – and the proper thing – to show my face among the MRA crowd, to listen and learn and maybe network.

Then I took a look at the photos. These guys still have all of their hair, and it’s not gray. Whereas I am more like what a young soldier, of E-6 or below, might call “The Metal Men”: silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, and lead in my pants.

Can I see myself learning Game? Shakespeare, in As You Like It, made appropriate fun of the result I might achieve -

“… the lean and slippered pantaloon,
“With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
“His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
“For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
“Turning again toward childish treble …”

(The “pantaloon” is a stock character of the Italian commedia del arte, an old fart who’s trying to be the young buck; a character too wrapped up in his ego to see that he’s a laughing-stock.)

With so many “dating coaches” featured on the home page for the Orlando conference, I find it difficult to imagine what good I’d get out of it. And I’m stretching to visualize if my presence there, as a netizen of The Spearhead, would confer any good for the Men’s Movement. Well, I have a few days to figure-figure on it, yet….

Jay Hammers April 27, 2011 at 23:26
Chevy Chase April 28, 2011 at 00:05

This aint no men’s convention. This is a bunch of 12 year old used car salesmen wanting to separate me from my hard earned. I predict many fools and their money will soon be parted on a slippery promise of more poontang.

Lee Raconteur April 28, 2011 at 02:59

In the past 45 years of the MRM, ‘Conventions’ usually attract 2 or 3 people who actually show up.

Two

Three

This is the historical norm.

oddsock April 28, 2011 at 11:08

Feck me gently. Ł625 squid? My feckin arse.

For all you young stud muffins. Here is the formulae.

Dress snazy, even fashionable but that depends on your age. Wear some bling but tasteful stuff. Not the big gold feckin medalion on a chain stuff.

Do not act like an arshole unless you want the pretty looking village bike. and get yourself plenty of other hobbies interests. Truth is, you will probably and quite genuinely want to spend more time on your hobbies than game some bint ?

Never ever ever be a doormat pussy beggar ( no good manners politeness or gentleman behaviour ) it just advertises how much of a doormat you are and desperate for female attention. Ignore them make fun of them but go easy on the insults until you get a bench mark of what she will tolerate. And then ignore her. Oh, and when you think you are in with a chance of getting her into bed. Be blunt. ( this part takes courage and bottle )

If you want to go full hog ? Basically just treat them like shite.

The first barrier. It’s as the millionaires say. Getting the first million is the hardest. Other millions are easy.

Once you get one bint in tow others will come out of the woodwork. I have no idea why? It just happens that way. Maybe its a chemical thing women pick up on ? Or maybe they just sense that you are no longer desperate and sweating Jizum ?

There you go. All for free. Ł625 feckin squid my hairy feckin arse.

Common Monster April 28, 2011 at 12:33

> Once you get one bint in tow others will come out of the woodwork.
> I have no idea why? It just happens that way.

Oddsock, it’s called “mate poaching”.

Women are way more prone to it than man, and the current system enables them.

When a guy see a hot babe out with some other guy he figures she’s taken. When a woman see a hot guy out with another woman she thinks he must be a great catch so she likes him. He comes pre-qualified by another woman.

It’s part of the herd mentality. But also is why most women can’t live with each other if any one of them has a boyfriend. Let’s just say it’s not what a guy usually has in mind when thinking of threesomes and foursomes.

Mickey T April 28, 2011 at 12:34

“self esteem” you say?

As an American, even just beginning to repeal or amend VAWA etc. would do wonders for my self esteem. We need to get off our asses, not check for balls. Believe me, they are still there. A little misdirected, but still there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“………past 45 years……..usually attracted 2 or 3 people……….”

I think you are wrong on that. The Men’s Defense Association, I believe, conducted some pretty successful gatherings starting in the mid 90s. There must have been many more. Besides, look how much worse the situation has gotten. We have reached a critical point. If we don’t start something now, we are in danger of loosing what America is.

And I do believe:
“The times, they are a changin”.

oddsock April 28, 2011 at 13:48

Common Monster

Oddsock, it’s called “mate poaching”.

I agree with your analysis but only in part. You see I am not only referring to a guy walking around with some bint on his arm. I think the same thing happens when you have some woman already. Something seems to happen to our ( Mens ) aroura, or body chemistry our body language when we become involved with a woman. Like I said, perhaps we just do not appear as desperate or maybe we just appear more relaxed or more confident? Either way, women seem to pick up on it.

Regarding the mate poaching. Over the years I have said to me by various girlfriends. It isn’t you I don’t trust, it’s other women, especially my mates.

I have also known single guys go to a night club or bar and wear what looks like a wedding ring. They said it is much easier to pull some bint for a one night stand or a quick knee trembler round the back of B&Q. It seems women love to ruin other womens relationships/marriages.

Anthony Dream Johnson April 28, 2011 at 13:50

“Anthony Dream Johnson…

He posted like more than a dozen comments in a row.

Isn’t that a form of trolling?

He obviously wants some of the comments here covered up.

It is a scam.”

Actually, I am not quite sure how the comment formatting works here on TSH, and decided to split my responses into separate comments for the sake of being able to actually read them. I thought this was obvious. Guess not.

Anthony Dream Johnson April 28, 2011 at 13:54

Yeah Dj Fuji gets ripped on for his choice of hair cut — a lot. Interestingly enough, his haircut garnered him a ton of attention last year, and subsequently, blew his coaching program, to the point where he literally had to start turning clients away.

Funny hair cut? Sure. But he is one of the best coaches around, and he walks his talk.

He is also a former marine of 4 years, and saw combat so far as I am aware. While I am no fan of undeclared, foreign wars of aggression, I do hold a massive amount of respect for anyone that voluntarily risks their life in military service.

Anthony Dream Johnson April 28, 2011 at 14:00

“Manwhore” does not officially represent The 21 Convention. He has spoken on and off over the years. He’s done a great job at the events. But even so, he has not been invited back in 2011, and it bears repeating — he is not an employee or official representative of The 21 Convention.

In this sense, I do not, personally or professionally, endorse every single word every speaker has ever written or spoken, at the events, and outside of the events after the fact.

Manwhore represents himself, that’s it.

Anthony Dream Johnson April 28, 2011 at 14:06

Erika Awakening hates me, has not been invited back to any 2011 events, and her 2010 footage is not being released by The 21 Convention.

There’s been a falling out to say the least, and in short, I want nothing further to do with the woman.

Shit like this happens running a business. The only proper action was to correct course, and I have.

The ideal is not perfect.

Anthony Dream Johnson April 28, 2011 at 14:19

“A men’s conference would focus much less on women and much more on how to be a man.”

As the founder and CEO of the only long term men’s conference in the world, I will be the one to tell you that your definition of a “men’s conference” is no better than what you are inaccurately perceiving.

A true men’s conference is an event that aids men in becoming the men they can, and were meant to be — to grow into.

(It does not help them become “real men”, or “better men” — ie, the men feminists want us to be, something akin to sophisticated slaves.)

It helps them bring out and live the ideals they know are possible to them in physical reality. This is what I have stated on the website, in so many words, and I stand by it, as a young man gritting his teeth and living his life to the best and highest of his ability.

If you can’t see that in the website and the event … well, I can’t help you. Being able to see that in the achievements of others is a sight that only a man can grant himself, not others.

What I can do though is build the best men’s conference in the world with full integrity and commitment to my own vision — which necessarily includes speakers from the men’s rights movement at some point.

As I think Bill has realized in his own way, this is an invaluable, inspirational, psychological reflection that we all can benefit greatly from.

Men who choose to think … succeeding, achieving, and gaining influence in the world when its needed most to avoid looming catastrophes politically, economically, culturally, and even physically (think diseases of civilization).

Mickey T April 28, 2011 at 15:14

@ oddsock

What you are describing sounds a lot like some kind of psychological harassment against women. Here in the good old USA we already have a law (a gift from the fems/dems) on the books which sounds as if it can be interpreted to prohibit just what you are proposing. The fems, clever as they are, worded it for just such cases.

Anyone skeptical about that?
Look up the text of federal law HR1578

Mickey T April 28, 2011 at 15:31

Con’t from above-

If the law on the books is not exactly suited to prohibit what the girls would like, I don’t see a problem in slightly amending it. They have the White House and the Senate, and to get the House, all they have to do is offer the Repubs authorization on another $38 billion in budget cuts and walla!

Mickey T April 29, 2011 at 10:44

I didn’t mean to equate corruption in the GOP to the corruption in the Dem party. The GOP has relatively little when comparing it to the Dems. I just meant to show the total control that the fems have over the Democratic party.
Guess I’m talking to myself at this point, but……………

Jay Hammers May 7, 2011 at 23:12

Thanks for the reply, Anthony. And good luck.

Ulysses May 12, 2011 at 08:20

I can’t say I’m impressed by a men’s convention that allows a total tramp like in its company. This level of tartdom is the most ubiquitous representation of female entitlement at the expense of men’s rights today.

Anthony Dream Johnson May 19, 2011 at 10:28

A tramp? That’s Adam’s wife, the guy sitting next to her. He’s been speaking at the convention since they were dating, and they’ve been married almost 2 years exactly now.

Ulysses May 19, 2011 at 17:52

In that case I pity the fool. Fer chrissakes you can determine her exact breast type from here. Way to diss the guy who tied the knot with her, as well as everyone else who does not want to see her junk.

I’m sure this sleazetard would gag if the average guy went freeballing in public. Women can’t appreciate a damn thing until it’s applied to them. Selfish narcissists living in a nabilaT regime.