The VD Project: the Onslaught Has Started

by zed on February 3, 2011

I almost never partake in any of the Lame Stream Media. My exposure is limited to about an hour per day listening to the radio on my way to and from work. And, I listen to an oldies station with a listener base which is probably a bit older than the average radio audience.

So, while the Valentine’s Day campaign of commercial harassment may be in full swing, I have so far only heard one VD-oriented commercial. It was for a jewelry store, not surprisingly, and put a somewhat subtle spin on one of the two primary messages used to hawk this bogus and insincere Hallmark holiday.

“What do you get the woman who has everything for Valentine’s Day? MORE of everything.”

Channeling the spirit of Madonna, the material girl, obviously.

However, tonight, it became clear to me that I can run, but I can’t hide from the relentless emotional coercion and harassment. On Yahoo’s main page (where one gets redirected when one logs out of Yahoo mail) the lead article was “6 mistakes men make on Valentine’s Day.”

Yup, yup, yup, men be so stupid they don’t even know when the day is!!

Memo to men: Valentine’s Day is on February 14. In years past, Yahoo.com has noticed a spike in men searching for an answer to the question: “When is Valentine’s Day?” as the day fast approaches. Of all the holidays on the yearly calendar, the one designated for romance never fails to trip guys up.

Part space filler, part hype for their advertising support, the article manages to deliver a whole truckload of contempt for men, hidden behind an obviously fake smile – “Just kidding” is the most abused excuse in the world to try to hide hate-filled messages behind a false facade.

So, here are the six deadly sins that just about every man will commit at least one of in the next 10-11 days.

Mistake #1: Getting words of wisdom from your local drug store.
Mistake #2: Letting a bear do your bidding.
Mistake #3: Declaring Valentine’s Day a ploy for consumers
(see, I’m guilty already!)
Mistake #4: Sharing the day with your BlackBerry
Mistake #5: Expecting her to make the plans
Mistake #6: Under-dressing

So – Memo to all those grrls who don’t have a man to terrorize into having to demonstrate insincere affection on February 14th:
you might give some thought to how you are portrayed in the media which makes a lot of men very glad to be single on that day.

Mistake #0: Not breaking up with her on February 13th.

Jibralter February 3, 2011 at 09:55

Mistake #1-6 – cutting off your balls

Memo to Yahoo: Anyone who actually treats your Venereal Disease day advice with the sincerity it doesn’t deserve has already committed Mistake #1-6 and is now no longer attractive to his soon to be ex- girlfriend/wife.

djc February 3, 2011 at 10:09

I love Valentines Day. I get to go to the stores to point and laugh at all the men.

SingleDad February 3, 2011 at 10:10

We should declare Feb 13 as official break up day…I agree. Western women have unofficially declared the day after New Years as divorce day:

“For most people returning to work today it is a sluggish start to the year, with phones barely ringing and plenty of time for chit-chat with colleagues about the Christmas holidays. Not so for divorce lawyers, for whom the first day after the New Year break has come to be known in the legal biz as D-Day, with D standing for divorce. ”

I move that we make Feb. 13 the official “Dump Her Day”.

Nice idea.

Papa Smurf February 3, 2011 at 10:12

as a single guy, am very much looking forward to valentine’s day actually, you wouldnt believe the amounts of annoying feminist-indoctrined single girls are willing to put out on that fateful day. haha the need to be ‘loved’ on that day just overwhelms everything. .. so yea to all the prisoners in ‘relationships’ break up on the 13th and finally get some action on the 14th ;)

Firepower February 3, 2011 at 10:15

It is crucial that you all grasp fully the influence the MSM does indeed possess – it is highly effective propaganda.

Especially in Government Schools against dumbed-down, victimized youth. There, creating Janissaries is Liberals’ ultimate goal.

Education bureaucrats are fully aware of Goebbels and McLuhan.

Until propaganda is subverted into a pro-male message, you will struggle to combat an army of brainwashed drones.

Simon February 3, 2011 at 10:36
Siphon February 3, 2011 at 10:40

DirkJohanson February 3, 2011 at 10:43

When Sargent Shriver died recently, I read or heard multiple references he made in the 60s and 70s to “materialism” being a serious problem.

Of course, we don’t hear politicians decry materialism anymore. For approximately half of our population, materialism has become religion.

Herbal Essence February 3, 2011 at 10:44

What stands out to me is the male-shaming tonality of these commercials. “Make her special, or else.” I suspect the brands aren’t even trying to attract male consumers as much as they are female consumers.

This isn’t for valentine’s day, but JCPenny goes nuclear on men with this campaign.

Thag Jones February 3, 2011 at 10:46

First, don’t forget to remind her (those of you with wives or girlfriends) when steak and a bj day is.

Now that’s out of the way, while I realise I’m a bit abnormal, I have always hated Valentine’s Day. It’s a disgusting abuse of people’s emotions and it makes me cringe. I do feel sorry for guys whose wives and girlfriends throw tantrums if they aren’t showered with gifts on Valentine’s Day. The idea of going out for dinner that day is also totally cringe-worthy – how cornball can you get? I think it would be more fun to go out and make fun of the suckers who paid way too much to sit in a restaurant full of other sickly couples with their manufactured gestures of love. Makes me think of that Monty Python sketch with the two Americans and the conversation menu.

I told my bf that I don’t want chocolates (I’d honestly rather have a packet of beef jerky) – and if he insists on getting something to just get some flowers (no, I don’t expect long stem roses or some expensive shit – in fact, I expect nothing and that would be OK). The idea I had that I thought would be kind of nice is for us to write each other letters. I’m not that great at verbalising “I love you” so this is actually probably harder for me than it is for him, but it’s a way of doing something that costs nothing but has meaning. When he was away for a while, for some reason he never got the letters I sent (I think his sister took them and read them herself, jeez), so I thought this might be nice.

I know no one believes a female who says “don’t get me anything” and with good reason, but he didn’t get me anything last year and I couldn’t care less and he knows it. Bitches need to grow up. All the whining women do is embarrassing.

Keyster February 3, 2011 at 10:56

Yahoo is the “Lifetime Channel” of the internet.
All gynocentic all the time.
Their “trending now” or top searches are usually about the Kardashians or Lindsey Lohan and other celebrity gossip.

I’ve haven’t seen that much VD tripe yet, but it’s early and they’ll hit with it hard that weekend. Advertisers know men wait until the last minute for these kinds of trivial “obligations”.

Stoltz February 3, 2011 at 10:59

I was half-listening to the news the other day, and they said that men spend TWICE as much as women on VD. I would imagine if those figures were broken down a bit more, one would find that half (or more) of the money the women spend is on themselves, girlfriends, or female coworkers.

W.F. Price February 3, 2011 at 11:00

Valentine’s Day is, I think, a great time for free men to go out and celebrate. Nothing can make you feel better about your life than seeing those poor suckers going through the routine with their smug girlfriends. And, although it’s not very nice, it does tend to lend a little schadenfreude to one’s life to see the desperate expression on the faces of the single women. The ones my age all have emotional crises this time of year. Must be a bonanza for mental health pros.

Ken February 3, 2011 at 11:06

Well-put Mr. Price! I do exactly that….even more so I tend to laugh at the sight of all those frumpy, sour-faced single chicks (who often have a kid by some worthless thug) who do NOT have any schmuck spending hard-earned money on them for “Valentines Day”.

mananon February 3, 2011 at 11:18

If a man goes out and hires himself a good time with a ‘lady of the night’ it is the height of misoginy; a moral outrage that encompasses all that’s wrong woth our society.

But if a man doesn’t want to have to spend a fortune on a few tokens of ‘love’ that makes him an insensitive caveman who should be dumped on the spot.

Next time some feminist nitwit lectures you about the evils of paying for sex remind her of the outrageous shaming tactics used against men as part of the commercialisation of ‘romance’.

Robert February 3, 2011 at 11:20

Mistake #1: Getting words of wisdom from your local drug store.
Mistake #2: Letting a bear do your bidding.
Mistake #3: Declaring Valentine’s Day a ploy for consumers (see, I’m guilty already!)
Mistake #4: Sharing the day with your BlackBerry
Mistake #5: Expecting her to make the plans
Mistake #6: Under-dressing

Mistake #7: Allowing her to rule over you and

Robert February 3, 2011 at 11:21

control You.

Robert February 3, 2011 at 11:22

Gentlemen feel free to add to the list.

Jay Hammers February 3, 2011 at 11:26

Satire holds much truth.

This video just reinforces the lie that women are oppressed by men.

Zammo February 3, 2011 at 11:26

My first ex wife (yeah, I didn’t learn) was gaga over Valentine’s Day and if I didn’t cater to her gift whim at the time, I suffered her wrath. Of course, she never actually told me what she wanted, I was fully expected to read her mind.

Said the redneck comedian:

“Valentine’s Day? Shit, that’s the day I don’t beat my wife.”

Keyster February 3, 2011 at 12:00

I’m not too concerned with the mental well being of women who are alone on VD. There will surely be an article on “The Frisky” about coping.

“By Yourself on Valentines Day?”
Here’s Three Things You can Do
1) Go out with your favorite gal pal and drink margaritas.
2) Snuggle up with a cup of hot cocoa and “Eat Pray Love”.
3) Write a letter to your ex, telling him how you feel.

TFH February 3, 2011 at 12:22

Executing a same-night lay (which I never really aspired for, or focused on) is three times easier near V-Day.

At or near WEC moment + V-Day = SNL.

Herbal Essence February 3, 2011 at 12:23

Thag- I think Beef Jerky is a Great gift for Valentines Day.

“Happy Valentines Day dear, here’s your bag of Peppered Jack Links! It was between this or the ostrich sausage, but tradition won out. Don’t spend it all in one place!”

WayWest February 3, 2011 at 12:28

This morning I heard a commercial on the radio for day spa services for Valentines. I can’t remember word for word, but it basically said “don’t screw it up, you know it will be hell for you if you do, you know you don’t know what to get her, so give her a gift certificate to Elante Day Spa. It’s appalling. It’s ever more appalling that men take this abuse.

SingleDad February 3, 2011 at 12:36

VDay win: MGTOW

Rebel February 3, 2011 at 12:43

Maybe I’m off-track, but I never did anything out of the ordinary just because the date was Feb14.

May I make a suggestion?

It’s not about deleting V day: rather it’s about setting the calendar straight.

Basically, my suggestion is to add one day to the month of February to make it 29 days instead of 28.

But… it will make the year one day too many!!

Tsk..tsk..tsk.. Feb14 has been skipped in order to fit another day in February.

So, V day will still exists and it will take place on Feb14 but… feb14 no longer exists because it has become unnecessary (just like men!).

Gents, it has been my great pleasure to solve you V day problem.

Now, can I have a few thumbs up?

Eh?

F.M.R February 3, 2011 at 12:59

A woman invented

STOP THE PRESSES

Keoni Galt February 3, 2011 at 13:17

When you’re woman pre-empts V-Day by telling you “please don’t buy me anything, I know this is just a stupid Hallmark creation designed to sell things we don’t need…besides, everyday should be a day where we appreciate each other…”

…you just MIGHT have a keeper.

Herbal Essence February 3, 2011 at 13:20

Ok, as I type this right now there are two women sitting near me in a coffee shop. They are loudly proclaiming their respective expectations for their boyfriends. As well as some weird psychobabble about how women’s minds are made of wires and men’s minds are made of boxes.

I hope they both get dumped and cheated on next week.

Opus February 3, 2011 at 13:23

I never had any problems (is VD an American thing?). Just ignore it as I did Fathers day, Mothers Day – everyone has a birthday don’t they?

Coastal February 3, 2011 at 13:27

OT:

Chalk up another victory for affirmative action: a Rape Squad cop turns out to be a psycho stalker:

Never mind, I’m sure she didn’t let it interfere with her professional judgement.

anon February 3, 2011 at 13:31

The hug box is used by people with autism (mostly males) to cope with thier disorder. It is apparently very effective. I am not sure why some feel the need to mock it.

Kel February 3, 2011 at 13:36

In Japan, women give men chocolate on Valentine’s day. A month later, on March 14, the men give chocolate to the girls. I like that a lot better than the situation in the West.

Chicago Divorce Journal February 3, 2011 at 13:47

I am doing an expose of the super sleazy divorce law firm of Rosenfeld Hafron Shapiro and Farmer. If anyone has had any experience with them please email me at [email protected]

Stories about messed up divorces in Chicago (especially with corruption) are welcome as well.

DirkJohanson February 3, 2011 at 13:48

Speaking of Valentine’s Day, here’s a Balls Monologues classic: http://guyinism.com/advice/dirkjohansons-valentines-tips/

RMM February 3, 2011 at 13:50

I’m all for multiculturalism, so I’d suggest to the guys stuck with a western princess that they embrace the SWPLish multicultural meme and suggest a Japanese style Valentine’s Day.

I’m guessing that’d fly like a lead balloon, at which point one can accuse her of being closed-minded for not wanting to explore the different flavours of the world.

I wonder what happens when one crosses the wires of rancid leftie feel-good memes like that, though I suspect the “me, me, me!” one would prove to be the dominant one.

DirkJohanson February 3, 2011 at 13:51

Keoni Galt wrote above:

…you just MIGHT have a keeper

That’s a classic set-up. You may think she’s a keeper after she says that, but if you act accordingly, you’ll find out afterward the hard way that neither of you are.

RMM February 3, 2011 at 13:51

Aw nuts, Kel got in ahead of me, should’ve refreshed before commenting!

DirkJohanson February 3, 2011 at 13:55

Valentine’s Day: when the same restaurant charges you 3 times as much for the meal, but, hey, you get 3 more generous-sized courses, too.

Cuz u want to be stuffed to the gills and thorougly bloated with food before sex. Not.

RMM February 3, 2011 at 14:07

“””Cuz u want to be stuffed to the gills and thorougly bloated with food before sex.”””

Sex? On VD? You must be joking. VD is “treat her like a princess and NOT ask for sex” day*. Because men are pigs and only think about sex. Haven’t you gotten the memo?

* Does not apply to the single depressed women that will go out to moan about their lack of specialness, as explained in the posts above.

crella February 3, 2011 at 14:10

In Japan, women give men chocolate on Valentine’s day

Yup. I’ve signed up for a 3-hour lesson that should result in a box of 20 handmade, hand-dipped chocolates…wish me luck :-P

SingleDad February 3, 2011 at 14:12

What would Borat think of Valentines day?

You giva da candy for some of this, this’a, down here, you know.

My wife, she was takin da vater from da river ona da valentimes day anda bear, he eat her, so me, I no have to buy candy, la la la, I buya candy for my Pammela Anderson, she giva me da sexa, no?

Rebel February 3, 2011 at 14:14

What’s the origin of Valentine day?

The earliest settlers were French.
They were scattered all along the East coast.

They had no women, except the locals.

The king of France sent “ladies” by the shiploads in order to populate the land and… to cash in on income tax. (harnessing men’s surplus of labor.. smart king)

The guys, awaiting their next wife, were calling her Valentine for lack of another name. (she was the Matilda of the Australians, so to speak), and were all too eager to marry, not knowing what laid ahead.

When the ships landed, usually on Feb14, weather permitting, and thusly called Valentine Day, (St Valentin) each man would pick a wife and get married.

Why did the men marry those women?

Because they would lose their hunter license if they didn’t.
For them, it meant no possible livelihood. (Caesar thought of that, too)

As far as I know, this is the true story. Or so it seems.

In other words, Valentine day celebrates the day men’s slavery began in North America. Et puis allons danser.

We do need to celebrate like we need a hole in the head.

The French kings were evil: first the women, then the guillotine. (… although, in the case of the guillotine,…)

Indomitable Thoughts February 3, 2011 at 14:40

A bit off topic, but well maybe:

Does anyone have any game resources for picking up chicks around valentine’s day? I know I saw it before, but I can’t seem to locate it….

mananon February 3, 2011 at 14:49

If you think Valentine’s Day is bad just wait ’till International Women’s Week in march.

Sorry :-)

duke February 3, 2011 at 14:55

When I read the title I honestly thought this was about Venereal Disease.Oh well,what’s the difference.

mananon February 3, 2011 at 15:01

There’ two types of VD. One is a potentially serious affliction that can be caught from sexual relations with a woman. Symptoms include tiredness, lack of sex drive, acute pain in the groin region and loss of work productivity. It’s difficult to treat as the parasite responsible is very demanding and difficult to get rid of.

The other is a bacterial infection treatable with antibiotics and rest.

mananon February 3, 2011 at 15:03

Oh shit. Duke beat me to it.

You know what they say – great minds think alike, and fools never differ. :-)

Thag Jones February 3, 2011 at 15:38

…you just MIGHT have a keeper

I’ve said to every guy I’ve dated (and the one I married) not to buy me anything, and I meant it, and I wasn’t upset in the cases where they actually didn’t buy anything. But as I already said, I am not the norm, but I do exist, and if you don’t want to be stuck with a whiny princess anyway, why not test her? If it’s a set-up, then you learned something valuable.

Sex? On VD? You must be joking.

So long as it’s not sex and VD…. I asked my bf what we did last year, because I couldn’t remember, and he said something unfit for print so I’ll leave it at that.

Amanda February 3, 2011 at 15:53

Paradoxotaur February 3, 2011 at 15:58

Amanda gets my vote for the funniest post so far this year.

SingleDad February 3, 2011 at 16:05

In females:

Intelligence = Entitlement = Less Fullfilled = Feminist

I only ever dated very intelligent women. Intelligence is required at work. In a woman it only means they are better at lying to you during the relationship and screwing you over when you break up, notice I didn’t say “if” you break up, IMO.

mananon February 3, 2011 at 16:09

Amanda says “date more intelligent women”.

I’ll leave you guys to come up with the punchline.

JohnE February 3, 2011 at 16:22

About the hug box and the – yes – woman who invented it…

Temple Grandin (born August 29, 1947) is an American doctor of animal science and professor at Colorado State University, bestselling author, and consultant to the livestock industry on animal behavior. As a person with high-functioning autism, Grandin is also widely noted for her work in autism advocacy and is the inventor of the hug machine designed to calm hypersensitive persons.

So stop hating on the hug box and the woman who invented it.

mananon February 3, 2011 at 16:33

I agree JohnE about the hug box being a worthy invention, and I would never dream of mocking any autistic person.

But I have to say one thing as an aside. I do remember people with autism being described as having an ‘extremely male brain’.

You know, as if there could ever be anything wrong with a ‘male brain’. And I didn’t say that, but someone sure did. Sexism eh? Terrible isn’t it?

Herbal Essence February 3, 2011 at 16:39

Amanda, we’re pointing out a significant societal trend here. Maybe you and your female friends are not like that. Whoop dee doo.

Your fellow Feminists have no problem labeling all men as sex-crazed, abusive, bigoted neanderthal rapists and all we see from women is smiles and applause in response.

W.F. Price February 3, 2011 at 16:48

In females:

Intelligence = Entitlement = Less Fullfilled = Feminist

-SingleDad

To be fair, average and stupid women can be every bit as deceitful as intelligent women, and in many cases they are better than their smarter sisters at using a woman’s best weapon: emotional appeal. An 85 IQ woman can squirt tears out of her eyes and say “he frightened me” just as skillfully as a female chess grandmaster. And probably more convincingly, to be honest, because guile is clearly discernible to the trained eye.

Journey February 3, 2011 at 16:55

When I was a teenager in the 80s in England Valentines Day was the day guys got a card from girls who liked them. Yeah what an amazing thought – girls actually giving.
The whole point was the guy had to try and guess who his admirer was. In other words it was a fun thing for both sexes and guys on Valentine’s Day had a great time trying to figure out who sent their card and hoping it was a girl they liked back.
Sometime it just got turned into the “men buy women stuff or else you don’t love her” day. I guess the money loving business fucks just have to destroy everything.

CM February 3, 2011 at 16:58

Take Mark Rudov’s advice and boycott valentines day.
Thenononsenseman.com

Valentines day is just another example of the matrix telling the man how and when and where to use his sexual power. Domesticating feminizing insult.

Dudes are so feminized and domesticated u hear stories of the girl and cetified male sexing eachother where neithr one of them orgasms. This is because the man forgot that to have sex u need a that very thing that had to be disregarded in order to establish that dear relationship.

I wonder what we can expect from Obamo this 14th of Febuary…

Keyster February 3, 2011 at 17:00

Feminists aren’t thrilled at that negative portrayal of women either.

I would have never known that unless you pointed it out because…
…no one has ever heard a feminist protest VD as sexist or misogynist. As matter of fact you NEVER hear of feminists complain about any chivalry as being sexist, (because too many women like it).

Perhaps you should take this up as your personal cause. Write to NOW. Demand action! After all, women want to be treated as equals, not entitled gift whores. Oh know, wait a minute, yes, yes they do. Whore at night, empowered career gal on the go by day. WOOOoooEEEeeeee!

And how are men beginning to feel about this blatant double standard?
Fed up and f*cking sick and tired of it.

Ronin February 3, 2011 at 17:16

@Rebel

“Why did the men marry those women?

Because they would lose their hunter license if they didn’t.
For them, it meant no possible livelihood. (Caesar thought of that, too)”

What’s the latin term for “Bachelor Tax”?

Jay Hammers February 3, 2011 at 17:18

Lol, women must always display their wares in men’s spaces.

Look at me! I’m better than other women! Pick me! Look at me! Hey, over here! Me! I’m special! I’m unique!

Yeah, you’re unique, just like every other woman, you dirty attention whore, you. Rawr.

Nergal February 3, 2011 at 17:19

“So stop hating on the hug box and the woman who invented it.”

Nobody said anything bad about the hug box or the woman who invented it.

“As far as I can tell, I’m a pretty typical woman for my education level. Want less materialistic dates? Date more intelligent women.”

Educated women are trained to hate men. Colleges are feminazi boot camps. My sister went to one, I know what they teach chicks.

“Feminists aren’t thrilled at that negative portrayal of women either.”

FUCK FEMINISTS AND THEIR FEELINGS

I can see why ya’ll would want to cover up the fact that a lot of women are interested in “THINGS”,though. It’s absolutely true. How many women describe their “soul mate” as a “broke-ass homeless bum”? A lot of women aren’t interested in anything except “THINGS”.

anon February 3, 2011 at 17:34

Siphon called the hug box a joke, and pointed out that a woman invented it.
FMR mocked the box as well.

SingleDad February 3, 2011 at 17:39

@ Price

I agree an unintelligent woman can be deceitful but you have to admit deceit, when done well, takes guile and guile is another word for intelligence.

I will add that the only two truley wealthy women I dated where the most demanding, the stingiest and the most material.

I dated the vice president of ShowTime for comedy. When I broke up with her she was angry and kept my camera. I really couldn’t afford another 300.oo digital camera at the time and the only pictures were pics of my son as a baby.

She knew that she was taking away memories of my son by keeping that camera.

That is what dating a wealthy intelligent woman get’s you.

Amanda February 3, 2011 at 17:41

stickman February 3, 2011 at 17:43

@crella February 3, 2011 at 14:10

I must be tired. when I first scanned this post. I thought you said you were going to Japan to take a 3 hour class on hand jobs….

stickman February 3, 2011 at 17:48

holly crap did she just say she cooked and cleaned?

I wonder if she rides a unicorn to work.

zed February 3, 2011 at 18:12

@ Thag & Amanda,

If your intention was to claim that you are different, using this thread as an opening to do the typical female song and dance of “I, I, I, me, Me, ME” is likely to have the opposite effect. The OP was intended to point out the commercialization of “RO-mance”, not to give women readers the opportunity to attention-whore by blowing their own horn.

TomJW February 3, 2011 at 18:22

Saw part of my life flash before my eyes in some of the opening comments. My ex went to a divorce lawyer the first week of January ’09. (Completely mutual. Official the 3rd week of April that year.) Better than that, I just broke up with my live-in girlfriend and got her out of the apartment this Monday. All very spooky.
It’s going to be a very happy VD for me.

crella February 3, 2011 at 18:27

Yes, you are tired! :-D Funny, though!

intelligence and feminism do seem to be positively correlated

Coulda fooled me…..I’ve read Feministing….

I have books to read, other websites to check, meals to cook, cleaning to do, friends to see and email,and a wonderful man to talk to in my very own home

That was unnecessary.

Oops. Not my intent, but I see how it could be construed that way…I was thinking about how generally crappy I am at working with chocolate (hence the class) and envisioning coming home on the train not realizing I have chocolate in my eyebrows (why chocolate migrates like it does is a mystery). I know you didn’t address me, zed, but I appreciated your point and will heed it.

Paradoxotaur February 3, 2011 at 18:29

@Amanda: “And since I’m getting married next month”

Any chance you could give us the lucky fella’s email?

I’m happy for you, and want to congratulate him, perhaps share some advice . . . I just hope you stay gainfully empolyed. Marrying an unemployed woman has to be one of the stupidest things a man can do.

TFH February 3, 2011 at 18:31

, intelligence and feminism do seem to be positively correlated,

Not really. Intelligence would be proven by an understanding that just about everything feminism believes has been proven wrong.

Most feminists my age are sex positive and argue against negative stereotyping of men.

Really? How much are you doing to fight the negative stereotyping of men?

And since I’m getting married next month,

Ah…

1) How many sexual partners have you had before marriage? Is it better to have a higher number or a lower one, in your opinion?
2) Do you have a pre-nup? If not, why do you think it is inappropriate for a man to require a pre-nup?
3) What are your expectations from your husband? What are your obligations towards him?

TFH February 3, 2011 at 18:34

Amanda,

Are you aware that pickup artist tactics actually work BETTER on more intelligent women, than on dumb ones?

Now, why do you suppose that is?

108spirits February 3, 2011 at 18:35

I call it Vagina Day, because, like TFH said, it’s very easy to go out and score with a single girl on the same night, spending nothing other than a couple of drinks for myself.

W.F. Price February 3, 2011 at 18:40

@ Price

She knew that she was taking away memories of my son by keeping that camera.

That is what dating a wealthy intelligent woman get’s you.

-SingleDad

Yeah, smart women get you in other ways, as you point out above. If I were a wealthy man with an intelligent wife I’d be really nervous about divorce — women with brains will pick you clean if they put effort into it.

However, my point is that just because a woman is average or below doesn’t mean you can be complacent. Sure, it’s easier to catch her cheating and easier to hide assets from her, but in response she will often resort to the most basic – and effective – tactic. That tactic is to cry hysterically, make vague accusations and point a finger at a man — even a little girl can do that easily enough. Next thing you know a half dozen armed men rush in to kick your ass and haul you to prison, some slick lawyer takes advantage of the incident, and you’re more thoroughly screwed than you would be with even a smart, conniving wife who knows how to take the entire pie.

I think stupid women are more dangerous to a man’s well-being than intelligent ones — you run a higher risk of being killed, beaten or arrested because they always raise the stakes, which triggers the white knights to come in guns a blazin’. At least the smart ones know that their own future comfort is dependent on at least keeping you alive, employed and not too damaged to make those support payments.

Herbal Essence February 3, 2011 at 18:44

Amanda, I give third-wave feminists some credit for being more positive towards men, but you’re not going to be celebrated by me just because the whip you use on men has a more velvety tip.

We never hear third-wave feminists standing up and decrying men being made into a pariah and a permanent underclass. All we hear from you is “Not All Feminists Are Like That!”

Third wave still walks in lockstep with second-wave on virtually every issue, from Affirmative Action hiring quotas to legal discrimination via VAWA and IMBRA to Title IX to educational discrimination against male students to the bullshit “gender wage gap” mythology.

Third-wave feminists aren’t really any different from any other feminist until they’re willing to push for equality rather than maintain female privilege.

Anti Idiocy February 3, 2011 at 18:47

Good grief! The world is falling down around our ears because of so many people in developed countries buying so many things, on credit, that they don’t need. Celebrate sanity and take a minor step toward repairing the fiscal catastrophe by not buying ANYTHING on or for Valentine’s Day.

Keoni Galt February 3, 2011 at 18:48

Which is exactly why I used the qualifier MIGHT.

If she says one thing, but than gets upset that you didn’t get her anything after telling you that…well, now you know she’s no keeper.

Yo February 3, 2011 at 18:48

What Amanda wrote (February 3, 2011 at 17:41) sounds persuasively reasonable, and young men can still be enticed by such tales, because many of them still want to believe.

And why wouldn’t they? After all, they are good men (but I am being redundant), and they expect others to be the same.

This is why it is important to keep showing them the endless examples of how almost all women actually do and want the opposite of what they claim, and that this has been true throughout history.

Teach them about the reality of the world and then, in that context!, have them take a woman’s demands and ask themselves: “If I loved someone, would I ever want to put that person in such a position?”

Thag Jones February 3, 2011 at 18:53

Nah, just chiming in on not being a fan of Valentine’s day. It’s sort of difficult not to come across that way I suppose, but you’re free to think I’m full of shit if you like. I don’t much like any day where adults are expected to buy gifts for each other, and that includes Christmas and birthdays. I just think it’s childish, and most people think I’m an awful cynic for that, but I think Valentine’s day is the ultimate in cynicism. The ads like “every kiss begins with Kay” are one of the reasons I don’t watch TV – I just can’t stand it.

Sorry if it came off as attention-whoring. I just figure that if a woman says “don’t buy me anything” and it’s a set-up, why not turn it around and make the set-up yours – i.e. if she throws a tantrum, that’s the end of that. I can’t imagine behaving that way as an adult – I can see being a bit disappointed if you’ve got the idea in your head that “stuffed bear with an “I love you” heart means he loves me”, but hysterics? And if that’s how she defines love, I’d sure want to know that before I got dumb enough to put a ring on it.

Avenger February 3, 2011 at 19:10

so give her a gift certificate to Elante Day Spa

Give her a gift certificate for Jenny Craig or one of those fatgirl gyms.

Vortac February 3, 2011 at 19:11

Except that the women are expected to buy very cheap chocolates, men are expected to buy much more expensive ones, and if I remember correctly, other stuff as well. Yes, it is a little bit better, but it is still pedestaling the women. Also, what kind of men do you think the women give the chocolates to? Yes, the alfa thugs, the CEO’s, the TV celebrities and other high status men. Nothing new under the land of the rising sun.

- Vortac

angelo February 3, 2011 at 19:19

My wife and I will pretty much ignore V-Day, just like we have for years.

A gift is pretty meaningless if it is given at gunpoint.

Vortac February 3, 2011 at 19:20

…you just MIGHT have a keeper.

Or a two-faced, hypocrite, lying beatch, who scolds and then sulks and who knows what else, if you don’t read her TRUE wishes behind that facade of not wanting anything. Maybe she is saying that so you can surprise her by STILL buying her lots of stuff, even though “she didn’t expect it”.

Also, maybe she changes her mind the next day (or the next second – women are known to do that)..

The point is, women can (and will) say anything that will make them seem like good and moral beings, while they proceed in doing whatever they actually desire to do.

So, a woman can say all these nice things, while simultaneously really lusting for you to get her lots of chocolate and who knows what else. And she will get offended, if you didn’t read her mind – if you commit the crime of taking her seriously, she will be seriously offended. This is the case of many women, sadly.

It is sick, it is twisted, but this is how a typically female mind works – if you take whatever she does or says seriously instead of reading her mind or dominating her (doing what you are going to do anyway, despite of what she says) — and let me say that in my opinion any civilized being would actually take a discussion like this seriously (unless that being knew the truth about women etc.) — there will be scorn and wrath and all those nasty things because you actually believed she meant what she said!

Remember, that’s what men do – men say what they mean, they mean what they say (at least with close friends or people they trust). Women do not.

All that said, however – if the woman does that pre-empting, AND proves it by actually remaining cheerful, appreciative, having great and loving sex with you even if you don’t buy her anything on that day, and never mentions anything about it again afterwards, and never holds a grudge about that – THEN you know you have a “keeper”. Not before.

- Vortac

zed February 3, 2011 at 19:21

I don’t much like…
I just think…
…most people think I’m…
…but I think…
…one of the reasons I don’t…
…I just can’t…
…I just figure…
…I can’t imagine…
…I can see…
…I’d sure want…
…before I got dumb enough…

Happy to provide you with an opportunity to talk about your favorite subject.

Christopher February 3, 2011 at 19:24

F.M.R February 3, 2011 at 19:29

So stop hating on the hug box and the woman who invented it.

If thats directed at me, neither autism nor womanhood makes you immune to a joke in my book.

If you cant take it, im sorry(but not really).

Rebel February 3, 2011 at 19:40

mananon February 3, 2011 at 16:09
Amanda says “date more intelligent women”.

I’ll leave you guys to come up with the punchline.

*Where is she?

Rebel February 3, 2011 at 19:47

@Ronin
“What’s the latin term for “Bachelor Tax”?”

Tributum bachelor

Cesar erat quasi

zed February 3, 2011 at 20:47

If that is what you read into the “lecture” being given men about the mistakes they make on Valentine’s Day, you obviously missed the whole point. There was no corresponding bit about “6 mistakes women make on Valentine’s Day.” It was clear and bald supremacy and entitlement. “Equality” doesn’t even inhabit the same universe as the bimbo who wrote that article.

And, yes, that sort of attitude among women has the opposite effect of endearing them to some of us.

That was unnecessary.

But, typical. And probably a lie. Remember that people can claim anything they want to on the Internet, crella. I’m 9 feet tall and a stunning shade of chartreuse. Most women commenters are hot, sexy, elusive wonderful wives or girlfriends, and have an athletic, handsome, high-earning man in their lives who happens to be able to throw together a mean souffle on a moment’s notice – while he isn’t out saving fur seals and the planet from global warming, that is.

When you hear the opening strains of “NAFALT”, you know you are about to get buried in bullshit.

Keyster February 3, 2011 at 20:53

They’ve merely retrenched and adapted their positioning tactics to better suit the times. It’s the new kinder/gentler, “pro-men” brand of feminism, (“Yeah, were not like those tired old hags from the 70′s. We’re the more hip/cool version of feminism.”). They manipulate men as a group as well as they do individually. It’s the only thing they’re very adept at, that men never seem fathom.

…it appears that a lot of the people here are a bunch of misogynists who don’t like women who insist that they are of equal worth to men (which they are, no more worth and no less worth).

You’re experiencing withdrawal symptoms from years of feminist indocrination. Many of us have been down that road. The truth is painful.

Anonymous age 68 February 3, 2011 at 20:55

Hey, Chris, don’t do reality much? Misogynists are made, not born. There are so many misogynists in the US and UK because the women are ornery as H**l.

Rebel February 3, 2011 at 21:14

@Chris,

You are quite welcome to leave. And please don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

It was nice knowing you, but now begone.

Please.

Christopher February 3, 2011 at 21:55

TFH February 3, 2011 at 21:57

You know, I supported the people on this website at one point

Odd, since we don’t seem to have seen any comments from you.

it appears that a lot of the people here are a bunch of misogynists

Yawn…. almost no men in the whole world are misogynists.

Misandry (look it up) is much more common than misogyny.

The only real misogyny being conducted in the world is by feminists onto other women.

fmz February 3, 2011 at 22:07

Yes,I like the idea of da menz taking back that night and groups of us invading the restaurants and celebrating ourselves.

W.F. Price February 3, 2011 at 22:18

As I said: MISOGYNY CENTRAL IS HERE! I hate to say that, because I also am appalled by some of the things that in other articles have been exposed….. but telling a woman/girl/whatever that she is ‘bad’ for asking for a gift on Valentine’s Day from her boyfriend/husband? Going way too far here, speaking as someone who thinks that marriage should be banned.

-CK

It’s a working boat here — not a good place for ladies. I think there’s plenty of room for women to be involved and there should be places for them to engage in conversation without being subject to rough treatment, but it just isn’t here. A lot of the women I talk to offline who read The Spearhead agree on that point, and offline I’m pretty reasonable and polite, so it isn’t because I’m browbeating them.

The thing is, we men can be a rough bunch when left to our own devices, but we tend to get things done better that way, too.

So, to sum it up, this site can’t afford to make concessions to more delicate sensibilities, but I understand why people might object to that, and I fully support the creation of places where they can be accommodated.

Thanks for reading, Chris. I appreciate your input.

Christopher February 3, 2011 at 23:36

fmz February 3, 2011 at 23:38

Wimminz invents box.

Neigh, very big, hoooj box.

Hand out the bozo badges.

fmz February 3, 2011 at 23:41

“MISOGYNY CENTRAL IS HERE! I hate…”

There ya have it, rocket science fans.

Ya-Am-l femmy-minded back-to-front non sense about no thing, ie themselves.

Memo… its all about them, all the time.

crella February 3, 2011 at 23:52

Honme (‘true love’ chocolates) are never the cheap ones. Women are expected to make their own, or buy really good chocolate at the department stores. The stores here are now full of chocolate molds and kits, little bottles of brandy and cointreau etc for flavorings, and books on how to make truffles. The cheaper chocolates (still $5-$8 per box) (‘giri’ or ‘returning a favor’ chocolates) go to the guy at the station who punches their ticket in the morning, their city bus driver, the doorman at the company, and co-workers and their boss etc. The $50-$100 boxes, or the homemade ones, go to boyfriends, fiances and husbands.

‘White Day’ is nowhere near as commercially successful. Convenience stores have pre-made up packages to make the shopping easy for guys. They usually have white chocolate, or a stuffed toy, or a pair of lace undies in them. ‘Baum kuchen’, a German cake coated with white chocolate, is also pushed for White Day ($5-$15 per box of cake).

It’s Christmas Eve that guys in Japan are expected to buy a present or take their girlfriends out to dinner, it’s similar to Valentine’s Day in the US, but the advertising/browbeating/shrill reminders are all absent (thank all the deities for that). Friendship/couple rings are popular. It’s automatically diamonds or anything like that , although some guys will pop the question on Christmas Eve.

W.F. Price February 3, 2011 at 23:54

This site is going down the road to making out that women asking men for anything is ‘a woman acting uppity’…. it doesn’t make sense, and it’s misogyny at it’s core.

-Christopher

Christopher, here’s something from the comment policy page:

…comments are solely the opinion of the commenter, and therefore do not have anything to do with the editorial policy of The Spearhead.

crella February 3, 2011 at 23:56

Too funny! I never ‘got’ pretending to be someone I’m not online, but I guess a lot of people fudge a good bit. Seems a waste of time to me.

The Calpih February 4, 2011 at 00:07

@Thag Jones February 3, 2011 at 15:38
I’ve said to every guy I’ve dated (and the one I married) not to buy me anything, and I meant it,”

Sounds like a lot fellas there. You sure get around it would seem.
Sure hubby is pleased the same standard applied across the board though.

buggeroff February 4, 2011 at 00:17

Love this site but sorry men ‘being nice’ for 50 years is Exactly why we are in this shit now. Modern women not just feminists see ‘being nice’ as a weakness & zero into ‘this idiot is so easy to control’ mode, in most situations confrontation is avoided by the man because facts will not be accepted, only how she ‘feels’ god help us.

This wonderful site allows men & boys not to have to ‘walk away’ to stop from being ‘fired’ ‘locked up’ etc because we dare to have an opinon that differs from a feminist(freedom of speech yeh right) after 50 years we deserve the right to be allowed to ‘vent’ & offer solutions as men see them .
The single main reason women have succeded in creating this world of misandry is because not enough Men said NO (me included) when it was needed & now the long fight of playing ‘catch up’ (100% needed) is a lot harder.

Amanda..omg can’t you see, FEMInist = equality?=oxymoran.

mgtow February 4, 2011 at 00:28

@Kel

Two additional points that I would like to add:

1) On March 14, men give chocolate to those women whom they are interested in. Therefore Valentine’s Day in Japan is basically a ‘find out in one month’s time if he likes you’ day for the ladies.

2) Japanese women also give giri-choco (‘obligation chocolate’) to their co-workers, friends etc. on Feb 14. So it’s not just a thing between lovers.

Valentine’s Day, much like Father’s Day, Mother’s Day and even Christmas (stripped of any religious significance) etc, are nothing more than crass commercialism. It’s all good though, if you’re a florist, a restaurant owner or a gift shop owner.

Valentine’s Day feeds perfectly into the entitlement complex for our feminist princess of the West.

“How big a hole is he going to burn in his pocket for me?”
“To what extend will he place me upon a pedestal and grovel meekly before me?”
“How much more will I gain in comparison to my female friends?”

I think it was Tom Leykis who mentioned that V-day is the best time to perform a DTB. Consequently, if you’re game enough for comforting lonely, (recently dumped?) vaginas on Feb 14th, go for it.

That said, recognize Valentine’s Day for the BS it is, and go about your own lives as usual.

Seamus the Classicist February 4, 2011 at 01:11

For VD someone should get a ten pound bag of horse manure, go down to the swankiest dinner date spot, and fling that shit all over the restraunt!

Sure it’s spiteful, sure it’s mean, sure it’s angry: but those are just a few of the things that define men. We get angry and the shit flies.

criolle johnny February 4, 2011 at 01:22

I make and sell candles. I ALWAYS feel like a hypocrite on V.D. I build a lot of my business around holidays, V.D. included. I sell Xmas themed candles, Thanksgiving themed candles, St Patrick’s Day candles, Halloween candles etc.
There’s just too much money to ignore V.D. I really have to hide my face and wash my hands the day after. I sorta hope none of my friends see me.

Scattered February 4, 2011 at 01:28

Christopher

Women by and large remain conveniently silent about the obvious gynocentrism that pervades our culture. All the benefits, social programs, female bias’s in law, unofficial female bias’s in courts, affirmative action, etc women happily enjoy without shame says much about the narcissistic nature of women in general.

While feminisms existence is based entirely on emotional pleas to men for the sake of womens welfare it is quite obvious that women do not similarly care about men and it is looking more and more like an inherent psychological tendency that is only exasperated by culture. There are only so many double standards and hypocrisy anyone can take before he loses all respect, and that is all it is, not hate. I just don’t have any respect for women as a group and why should I?

The wage gap is seen as oppression while the college gap is seen as female accomplishment and few people appreciate the contradiction, is it cognitive dissonance or assumed female supremacy? And whats more the only thing women seem to care about about the lack of men in higher education is its effect on their dating pool. Of course I could go on about all the bullshit that takes place but I know you’ve read many of this sites articles, so I don’t need to bother. All of this ‘bullshit’ makes it hard to ignore what it implies about womens morality.

When I was four my parents marriage wasn’t doing so well, they separated. My mother moved us halfway across the world, regardless of the circumstances of the divorce the only way you can morally justify removing a mans children from him is to assume that children belong to their mother. What does that make a father?A tool to be used and abused. Nearly all women are complicit in this assumption, they simply do not care. She even whined that she didn’t get child support, and then when she managed to get it she whined about the amount because he managed to hide a great deal of his assets.

Regardless, the misogyny is irrelevant. I don’t care if anyone hates women or men. It is the truth that matters, no doubt many of our perceptions of women are going to be inaccurate as it is with ALL knowledge but that doesn’t mean they aren’t decent approximations. It is also true that a lot of these perceptions are subject to irrational prejudice but what you seem to either ignore and/or do not care about is that many men are pissed off and for good reason.

Philip February 4, 2011 at 02:24

As far as im concerned if women love romance and Vday so much then they should be the ones putting all the effort in! I love things being fixed but i dont demand that my partner do i for me. Women its ME ME ME i, want, so, you, fetch. How fuching empowering eh.
How many of these stupid lonely women are sending men a Vday card/gift in the hopes of getting a chump? not many i will wager.
Just you wait for ya knight in shining armor to sweep you off ya feet and save the day, no effort required grrls.

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) February 4, 2011 at 02:54

OT.
Just came across this….with 2.8M views? It’s worth watching. 3 mins. On the topic of why switzerland has the lowest crime rate in the world.

Sully February 4, 2011 at 03:01

When some guy supposedly “on our side” comes in here and starts throwing around the word misogynist, red flags go up.

Christopher, let’s see we have a few guys in here who might be a little angry and annoyed and make some edgy comments (which compared to some feminists sites are still mild), against a huge misandrist media, academia and government. What’s more important, the man who got his head split open by those two cops because he was a man, or a few men (women too) making fun of Valentines Day.

You should pick your battles more wisely.

Opus February 4, 2011 at 03:07

It used to be, as Journey and Mgtow have here pointed out, that Valentine’s Day was an opportunity to send a card to someone one was interested in but who was otherwise unaware of ones interest. The thrill (for boy or girl) was to receive a card from an unknown admirer. Even if one never discovered their identity you could at least for a day or so (and perhaps longer) feel flattered, as well as having the fun of trying to work out their identity.

It was the element of surprise that counted.

As I have said before, the fear now, is that if ones identity (on sending a card) was discovered that this might be used to support an allegation of stalking or sexual harrasement. I would not now, for that reason, send a Valentine’s card and might assume that any card I received was likewise from some woman who was mentally imbalanced. Very sad that this innocent yearly pleasure has been wrecked – and we know which of the two sexes has caused it, don’t we!

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) February 4, 2011 at 03:48

Christopher February 3, 2011 at 21:55
“As I said: MISOGYNY CENTRAL IS HERE! “

Hey? Dickhead. F*** off and die. I’m fed up with man-hating, white knighting, mangina apologists like you. Go post on feministing where you will be welcome. By the way? It’s bad manners to go places you are not welcome. And you obviously had a shit mother because she didn’t teach you and manners.

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) February 4, 2011 at 03:50

zed February 3, 2011 at 18:12
“Until articles which reflect the attitudes you claim to have start appearing in the media, there is no reason to believe your claims are reflective of anything, or even true.”

Well said Zed. Until women start completing the lawful equality to men affidavit and start to denounce the sexist womens only sports and the sexist career areas then I really am not interested in hearing them say ‘I am different’. I am interested in seeing them BE different. And until the Thags, Dr Helens etc openly denounce the sexism in war dead, workplace dead, homeless, incarcerate, alimony payers, child support payers? I will take what they say with a grain of salt. Great that they are SAYING things. Now. Let’s see that backed up with action, eh?

The ‘so called good women’ are more than welcome to post to their own blogs articles denouncing the vast majority of western women as the liars and hypocrtices they are. But I don’t see those article on their blogs.

This is my notice to the ladies. Nearly 300 views and not ONE woman taking on these actions.

This is my sample affidavit of lawful equality. 450+ views and not ONE woman has reported to me they have filled it out.

How much more evidence do I need to present that even the so called ‘good women’ are pretty much irrelevant until they actually start ACTING LIKE MEN?

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) February 4, 2011 at 03:52

Amanda February 3, 2011 at 15:53
“7. As far as I can tell, I’m a pretty typical woman for my education level. Want less materialistic dates? Date more intelligent women.”

I have to agree with Paradoxtaur…Amanda is hysterical. I wonder if Amanda is ‘intelligent’ enough to explain to me how it came to pass that men were circumnagivating the globe while women had yet to innovate tongs into forceps thereby condemning tens of millions of women and babies to excruciating and painful deaths. The ONE task that men figured women MUST know more about than men? HAVING BABIES. Women were total failures at. Did someone from the ‘oppressive patriarchy’ leap out and blindfold women every time they went past a blacksmith using tongs to hold hot metal?

Men invented tongs the day after the first man burned his hand picking up a hot rock that was next to that new fangled thing called fire. Women could not innovate tongs to forceps to save the lives of tens of millions of their sistas and babies. A simple fact.

Where are these ‘intelligent women’ you speak of Amanda?

Women are SO DUMB they don’t know that perjury, kidnapping, extortion and theft are crimes and that these crimes are required to be punished. And they are SO DUMB they do not realise men are FED UP WITH THIS SHIT.

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) February 4, 2011 at 03:55

As I recall. I didn’t ever get a valentines day gift after I got married. And I think before then I got chocolates. Pretty lame. My ex did buy me a nice gift once. It was a ‘name bracelet’ (I guess in case I forgot my name). On the back was inscribed:
Rule 1. I love her. She loves me.
Rule 2. See rule 1.

Guess my ex forgot these simple rules, eh?

SingleDad February 3, 2011 at 10:10
“I move that we make Feb. 13 the official “Dump Her Day”.”

@SD,
I simply can not agree with this or support it at all, sorry. I can only support

“Dump her fat arse and kick her to the curb day”… ;-)

Siphon February 3, 2011 at 10:40
“I just found out something amazing! A woman invented the hug box aka the hug machine, this is no joke, but hilarious nonetheless.”

Hysterical. No wonder I like reading these comments!

Thag Jones February 3, 2011 at 10:46
“Bitches need to grow up. All the whining women do is embarrassing.”

Hi Thag,
about time a woman was prepared to say that. Want to say it again over here for me please? http://tnsradio.ning.com/ The manginas there are not listening to me.

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) February 4, 2011 at 04:01

Scattered February 4, 2011 at 01:28
“What does that make a father?A tool to be used and abused. Nearly all women are complicit in this assumption, they simply do not care.”

Young men. Take note. You are considered cannon fodder by women. You are human shit to be used and exploited by women and VIRTUALLY ALL WOMEN ARE COMPLICIT in this. THIS is why women will scream abuse at a man pointing it out. They do NOT want that genie out of the bottle. And dickheads like ‘Chistopher’ are too stupid to realise that he’s just more grist for the mill.

Young men. Take note. Women want a ‘love-man-slave’. NOTHING LESS WILL DO.

‘Equality’ my arse.

Now. Do as you will this VD.

Ken February 4, 2011 at 07:15

(good point Peter).

Want to see a good theatrical example of this? Watch ROME or SPARTACUS series on late night Cable TV

Tahoira February 4, 2011 at 07:57

Im going to go watch Deftones live on VD. how better to spend your Valentine’s day than moshing with your favourite rock band.

i am so not giving a f*ck about VD, that today, when i was talking about Deftones with a mate, a girl (who has a BF) came up to me and told me she wanted to go to Deftones with me.

the Irony….. (and i have yet to take her up on the offer)

SingleDad February 4, 2011 at 08:36

OT:

More traction, the Supreme Court will hear if our new debtor dad prisons are constutional:

“US Supreme Court to Hear Case Challenging Constitutionality of Jailing Parents for Inability to Pay Child Support”

Definitely one to follow.

SingleDad February 4, 2011 at 08:38

@ Peter

I cannot concede the point and will not because my ex’s all had bony asses so your statement would not have covered and ever narrowing (pun intended) segment of our female population.

Joanna February 4, 2011 at 09:06

SingleDad February 4, 2011 at 09:16

@ Joanna

You sound very nice and that is a wonderful plan for Valentines day.

zed February 4, 2011 at 09:40

It doesn’t matter whether this distortion is based on ignorance or intentional – there is a vast difference between “asking” and threatening if the woman does not receive said gifts, or if the gift is not “good enough.”

Kyo February 4, 2011 at 09:58

Let me add my voice to the people in Japan who like Valentine’s Day or at least see that the way it’s done her is a lot more fair and equal than how it’s done in the West.

Some of the fun is being taken out of it; at my company, the women in the department chip in to collectively buy something for all the men, and then on March 14 we return the favor with a gift from all of us to all of them — a corporate approach that takes all personal feeling away from the occasion.

But it’s still possible for individual women to give chocolate to guys they like, and the women tend to recognize that the entire rest of the year, it’s usually the guys who have to bear the burden of confessing their interest in members of the opposite sex — none of that entitlement stuff.

I’m looking forward to it this year — and I’m not looking forward to ever experiencing it in the USA.

Nergal February 4, 2011 at 11:06

“Nergal, I’d imagine the proportion of women describing their soul mates as “broke-ass homeless bum” is similar to the proportion of men describing their soul mate as “broke-ass homeless bum”. that doesn’t mean people want things though, it means a lot of people want partners who are interesting, and who have passion and ambition.”

So you think men are interested in women’s money? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A man will take a homeless woman off the street, clean her up, and then support her for the rest of her life. That tendency of men is the very one that enables little girls’ princess fantasies. A woman will write a song that goes “No,I don’t want no scrub, a scrub is a guy that won’t get no love from me, hanging out the passenger side of his best friend’s ride, trying to holler at me.”.

Women reject men with no money, they do it habitually,they do it callously. They reject broke men with prejudice ,meaning they refuse to even consider dating a homeless man.

“that doesn’t mean people want things though, it means a lot of people want partners who are interesting, and who have passion and ambition.”

NO, that means that WOMEN want partners with MONEY. Just admit it. Fess the fuck up, you’re not going to pull that “passion and ambition” shit on the men here, we know better. Whatever euphemism you use for “wealthy” we still realize that that’s what you’re talking about. You can play your semantical 3 card monty all day long, but we know that it’s a scam in order for you to hide your character flaws while you chastise men for theirs (which we ADMIT to,btw).

You’re not going to date bald homeless midgets anytime this century, so don’t you fucking presume to tell us who to date,you fake-ass fucking hypocrite.

paigeu February 4, 2011 at 13:02

crella February 4, 2011 at 13:22

Generally speaking, asking for gifts is a no-no. You’re supposed to leave it up to people. That’s why it’s tacky to throw your own baby shower, or your own birthday party…

zed February 4, 2011 at 14:08

I never got the memo that Valentines day is a womans holiday. I thought both genders got a card and some chocolate? I give my husband a big heart-shaped brownie.

Three sentences in the comment, 100% of which begin with “I” – a perfect illustration of the Eternal Solipsism of the Female Mind.

I seriously doubt that any man here gives a shit what YOU do. And the same goes for all the females who have posted to this thread saying “I, I, I, me, Me, ME!!

Do you deny that the types of advertising that we are talking about occur at all? Do you dispute how those ads portray women? Do you have any personal objections to being portrayed that way? If you do have objections, why don’t you make them known to the advertisers?

paigeu February 4, 2011 at 14:15

zed February 4, 2011 at 14:28

(The above was an attempt at humor).

If you are sincere about wanting to make a positive difference (and I have no reason to believe that you aren’t), I would caution against using humor in sites like this one until you are fairly well known to the regulars. As a woman coming into a group of men who have mostly been through the feminist mill – including the family court – you have two strikes against you and a lot of guys will unload on your as their personal verbal punching bag. This recently happened to a well-known and generally respected contributor here called Hestia.

A general word of advice to try to make however long you stick around more pleasant – don’t try to make everything said here into being all about you. If there is one thing which has gotten women into trouble with a lot of men over the past few years, that is it.

Cranky February 4, 2011 at 14:29

paigeu February 4, 2011 at 14:36

In my defense… I don’t typically talk amongst a mostly male audience. Much of my internet discussion experience has been in mostly female forums (mom boards and the like) and it is generally considered a bad idea to NOT use *I* words as much as possible….because otherwise one might seem like a know-it-all. Also- it is generally the case (in my experience) that women like to hear about other womens personal experience rather than their objective points of view.

All I can do is beg your patience while I learn the rules.

Porky D. February 4, 2011 at 15:20

“Of all the holidays on the yearly calendar, the one designated for romance never fails to trip guys up.”

If this isn’t a compliment, it should be.

crella February 4, 2011 at 17:16

Do you have any personal objections to being portrayed that way?
DON’T REALLY CARE. OTHER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT.

And that’s why nothing changes.

Bambino February 4, 2011 at 17:35

This thread is a hoot! Lots of truth on this board…

crella February 4, 2011 at 17:36

it is generally considered a bad idea to NOT use *I* words as much as possible….because otherwise one might seem like a know-it-all.*snip* women like to hear about other womens personal experience rather than their objective points of view.

Yes, women force each other to walk on eggshells and load posts with all kinds of PC qualifiers, otherwise it’s shredder time. Isn’t it a shame that ‘objective points of view’ are so poorly tolerated? I have seen the atmosphere change gradually on an all-women’s ex-pat board over teh past 8 years or so as the crowd gets younger…those in their 20s and 30s are so much more contentious, and unwilling to let a misspeak slide or a differing opinion remain unchallenged, if actually tolerated at all. Having a 20+ year age difference with these women, I can see that their whole mode of interaction is much more confrontational and demanding of conformity than my generation. What a way to live. It’s quite tiresome, I find.

State your opinions, be prepared to defend them, and be polite. That’s about it.

paigeu February 4, 2011 at 19:09

I have never known different. Perhaps because I am 30?

crella February 4, 2011 at 20:19

Most likely. Supposedly liberated, women are now hypercritical of each other. Older women have always kept younger women in line, women who drank at home in the daytime, or cheated, or talked trash about their husbands (imagine!!!it used to be verboten!) or didn’t treat their neighbors right were cut out of the social circle. Pitch soils, and women were not allowed to act in a manner that would drag down the reputation of the entire circle, among those who cared about such things, at any rate. Outside of the standard rules (you don’t cheat, talk about you husband in a bad way, take good care of your kids, make a nice home, keep a clean house) there seemed to have been more room for individuality than there is now.

You’ve spent time on ‘mom boards’….you’ve probably seen what happens when someone bottle feeds in a group of breastfeeders, or someone puts their kid to bed in a separate room when the majority are attachment parenters. Anyone who has different parenting methods gets a drubbing and fast! On feminist boards the ‘child-free’ knock the ‘breeders’. Feminism was supposed to be about freedom of choice, but your choices aren’t valid unless approved of by the herd. And each group thinks that THEY have the right answer, only they know how to live right. They’re trying to regulate and control women’s lives. Doesn’t look very ‘liberated’ from here…

crella February 4, 2011 at 20:23

That should have been ‘It’s not automatically diamonds’, I’m sorry.

Ronin February 4, 2011 at 21:04

@crella
“It’s automatically diamonds or anything like that , although some guys will pop the question on Christmas Eve.

That should have been ‘It’s not automatically diamonds’, I’m sorry.”

Yeeaaahhh right!!

mgtow February 4, 2011 at 22:01

Hey ladies,

We don’t give a shit to what you’ll be doing for your man on V-day.
Really, we don’t.

You cute anecdotes of NAWALT / IANLT / ‘I’m gonna make him feel so special on that day’ are certainly cute, but they bring nothing of value to the discussion here.

All we advocate is that all men boycott V-day. Financially and emotionally.

And men, dump your girlfriend/ divorce your wife on Feb 14th. That’ll be fun, and may I add, encompasses an element of surprise.

Especially in a divorce, everyone knows the divorce laws are rigged against men, but acting first and with an element of surprise can greatly increase his chances of success.

zed February 4, 2011 at 23:00

They’re trying to regulate and control women’s lives.

And men’s. That is why the harassment on men to marry is so intense – a free man can do as he pleases without any resident nag to bitch him into toeing the party line. And there is nothing they hate more than a free man. Hardly a thread goes by here any more without at least one woman showing up to remind me how thankful I am that I am single.

Migu February 5, 2011 at 00:15

Guys, buy a pack of lifesavers. Give one to each lonely girl and tell her to SUCK IT.

There is also Barbarossa’s MGTOW jewelry. He has a dispenser at every Target. Careful though sometimes you just get a rubber ball.

crella February 5, 2011 at 00:50

Yeeaaahhh right!!

It was just a case of mistyping. As I said, I’m sorry about that.

Type 5 February 5, 2011 at 04:31

Christopher: but telling a woman/girl/whatever that she is ‘bad’ for asking for a gift on Valentine’s Day from her boyfriend/husband?

zed: Chris must own a jewelry store and see his normal February windfall being threatened.

Maybe that’s it. I was just sitting here wondering, “THIS is what has Chris’s nose out of joint? THIS?”

Men who’ve called me a He-Man Woman Hater just for mentioning I’m interested in the men’s movement will still happily agree that Valentine’s Day is a pain in the ass and relationship blackmail. This is the least controversial article (from a man’s point of view) the Spearhead has run in quite a while.

paigeu February 5, 2011 at 07:27

This is all true. Parenting seems to have become a highly competitive sport amongst women. I have seen vitriol spewed at women for such silly things as not being vegan or not using cloth diapers. So much for the sisterhood.

Indomitable Thoughts February 5, 2011 at 09:59

I see what the likes of Christopher are trying to do. Stir up dissent based on faux premises. Basically a confidence trick. He/she wasn’t even here on the site and now it’s all about “I used to support you guys but now you’re all MISOGYNISTS! WAAAHHH!” When it’s all made up BS and an attempt to demotivate people.

Joanna February 5, 2011 at 10:50

Thank you, SingleDad.

ZenCo. February 5, 2011 at 11:08

Hey Christopher, shouldn’t you be out buying yourself some tampons?
If you don’t like what’s here then: FUCK. OFF.
You’re so obviously a woman and nobody here is buying that your name is ‘Christopher’.
So please scamper off and let the adults talk you simpering child.

Angry Single Man February 5, 2011 at 12:01

This is my first VD being single in 6 years (my 6-year relationship just ended). I love it. No obligation to buy any cheesy crap for a girl. :D

Amanda February 5, 2011 at 12:26

Amanda February 5, 2011 at 12:45

W.F. Price February 5, 2011 at 12:54

my obligations to him are to be a good person and an equal partner.

-Amanda

That’s entirely insufficient. Anyway, if you only think about it in terms of your obligations to him, you’ll come to resent him. Marriage is about obligations to society, God, family, etc. The reason it doesn’t work very well today is that nobody takes that stuff seriously any longer. If it’s only what you feel you owe him, you’ll tire of it soon enough.

Paradoxotaur, my fiance would be pissed if i gave out his email to a bunch of “losers on the internet”. He doesn’t understand why I read sites like this, which is a shame, because he does care about men’s rights issues– he just hates the men’s rights movement.

I would too if I were trying to be optimistic about a pending marriage.

Nergal February 5, 2011 at 13:23

“Peter-Andrew, are you seriously wondering why men who were allowed educations and medical occupations made advances while women who were not allowed educations or medical occupations didn’t? I realize history isn’t always the most exciting of subjects, but do brush up on it!”

Lololololololololol.

“Brush up on it”,indeed!

Perhaps if you bothered to “brush up on it” you’d know the first woman to get her doctorate did so in the 1800′s. You’d also know that newly liberated black slaves who had been forbidden from so much as < reading developed jazz and blues music as well as a host of other inventions damn near the second they were freed, whereas women, who were required to play the piano in higher class families never developed any style of music at all and none of them ever attained the skill of Mozart who was fucking disabled in a critical area related to his talent.

Your “women weren’t allowed to x” spiel is a crutch. Most men weren’t allowed to study chemistry, they were burned at the fucking stake for doing it and yet Paracelsus and John Baptista Porta and other early chemists and pharmacologists still built the framework for these disciplines, and developed tools and methodology related to the trades that have survived to this very day . Don’t try to feed us that bullshit . For 90% of all history most men have been slaves of one form or another, and yet we still excelled in mathematics, geometry and every other logical pursuit until we had our hands and feet shackled so the women could get ahead. Some men made scientific discoveries related to aerodynamics using nothing more than their mind, a stick and a fucking stream, and you’re claiming “women weren’t allowed” to do that? Was there some law against women sticking a fucking twig in a creek that I’m not aware of?

You don’t know SHIT about history,hon. You’ve been brainwashed by feminist curriculum telling you that women were discriminated against and therefore COULDN’T have accomplished anything and you never bothered to even CHECK,did you?

How did schools get established? Did men go to school to learn how to form schools? NO. A bunch of men who spent their entire lives TRYING TO LEARN SHIT taught other men THE SHIT THEY SPENT 40 YEARS LEARNING. Did women do that? NO. That’s why men made most of the discoveries. It wasn’t “discrimination”,it was disinterest on the part of women. AND THAT is the TRUTH.

Women did not see how figuring out what lightning was would benefit THEM and so they did not do it. Men wanted to figure it out to benefit EVERYBODY and so they worked their asses off until they did.

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) February 5, 2011 at 13:31

Amanda February 5, 2011 at 12:45

Gents, this is the quality of brain dead bitches who show up here. Women were the midwives for a good 10,000 years. But let’s be generous 5,000 years. In 5,000 years, when men went from pointed sticks to circumnavigating the globe women, who were almost EXCLUSIVELY THE MID WIVES, could not innovate tongs to forceps.

And Amandas ‘theory’ about this? Ooohhh it was the evil patriarchy who didn’t let the women get an education so they could, you know, innovate tongs to forceps.

The stupidity of women used to amaze me. Now I just find it funny. No man could look at her comment and not laugh at the stupidity of it.

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) February 5, 2011 at 13:35

Paradoxotaur, my fiance

Poor bastard. The idea of being shackled to a woman as brain dead as Amanda would fill me with dread. This guy must be ‘loser central’ to be engaged to an woman this stupid. He obviously deserves her if he can’t see through this sort of shit she is putting here.

Nergal February 5, 2011 at 13:56

Having one of these stuck up his ass was often the only tangible result of an early male inventor or scientist’s genius during his lifetime,but yet women couldn’t invent because they “weren’t allowed”.

crella February 5, 2011 at 14:01

The first medical school exclusively for women in the US was opened in 1850. Women could and did become doctors. It was a matter of money, not sex. A great number of men didn’t go to college in times past as well.Go look up the founding dates of any of the Ivy League women’s colleges. Most of them on the east coast sprung up in the mid to late 1800s. They were mostly founded by men with money who wanted women to get an education, those nasty patriarchs!

I rarely see women like you saying that nursing and teaching being female-dominated fields until what, the 90s, was discriminatory…

crella February 5, 2011 at 14:29

So much for the sisterhood.

It doesn’t exist, it’s one of the slickest lies women perpetrate. Much better to ditch the backstabbers, the narrow-minded, and the man-bashers and go your own way. You’ll have many fewer friends, and hear crickets chirp a lot, but with friends like that……it’s telling that in order to brush under the rug how nasty women really can be, and how locked into herd mentality they are, is the appearance in the media and the popularity of the word ‘frenemies’, female friends who are a PITA or just plain nasty but you keep them around because they have some benefit to you, or you don’t want to be cut off. What a bizarre idea! Life is way to short to put up with bitches, I instantly disassociate myself from toxic women, but it looks like being a member of the herd is too important for many.

but I think a higher number is better than a lower one, because it means an individual will have likely experienced a greater variety of sex, and be better able to meet their partner’s sexual needs.

Another thing feminists think is necessary. Your partner’s sexual needs will most likely be similar to many other men’s sexual needs……plenty of sex, frequent sex, you don’t have to be a circus act. Don’t believe those articles in Cosmo. Anything you need to learn you can learn from him, no? Why do women think that sex is so complicated that it’s a good idea to have it with lots of people to ‘learn’? Another smoke screen, because women can’t be honest. You’re liberated, why can’t you just say that you like sex and be done with it? ‘I’m practicing for my future husband’ just sounds so damned weird. If it’s your cup of tea, say so. What’s the big deal?

because more intelligent women are also more likely to have a positive attitude towards casual sex.

That’s not contradictory in any way…

What it boils down to is YOUR life choices and those of your similarly-thinking peers are ‘intelligent’ and those who do not call themselves feminists, and those who think that chastity or some degree of sexual restraint is a good idea are not. You’ve already linked feminism and a ‘positive attitude’ towards casual sex with intelligence in this thread alone.

I’ve noticed before that if I don’t have time to stay on an article on this site, and check it a few days later, there will be people thinking I left because I was scared or something.

You just came off as a snot…..there was a thinly-veiled ‘I have a LIFE’ tone to that post. Reread it yourself.

Ulysses February 6, 2011 at 11:07

This is a good laugh.

Quite fitting too. The wimminz are a bunch of vamps, aren’t they?

Ed February 6, 2011 at 21:04

Christopher

Thank you for your textbook behavior of a mangina.

Don’t be selling me short as a misogynist, I’m a sociopathic misanthrope.

There once was an extremely well built, of the Wonder Woman variety, secretary at a former employer who married a scrawny little dude I knew for ages. The dude was about 5’4″ and 120lb, while she was 5’8″ and a solid 140lb in all the right places. I asked her why she went for a little dude and she (truthfully) replied that she thought she would be able to physically force her will on him. Recalling her hubby pounding the doo-doo out of guys who outweighed him by 1.5 to 2.5 times as much on several occaisions in the pits at dirt track(s) “back in the day”, I asked how that worked out for her. She replied that she attempted it…..once!

Equality? Yeah, right.

I don’t care about degrees, earnings or your attitude about Christianity, God made Man the head over the woman in the Garden of Eden as part of Eve’s punishment. That’s the way it is.

Man up and accept your role in society and in the family and stop watching so much Tomb Raider/Vampire Slayer/Kill Bill crap, or get a sex change.

BTW, my wife has the degrees and the earnings, and is quite intelligent. She just has bad taste in men.

Deathslayer February 10, 2011 at 08:02

Ah, VD day again.

Well, time to watch women lament about the man not sacrificing enough for them, expecting to be treated royally and never treating the man equally. watching ads which tell MEN to spend money on women and NO ads where women do ANYTHING for men and of course watching all the money you spend on gifts depreciate the next day when all the marked up VD crap is sold at 50-75% off.

Then again, I plan on wearing all black, which scares ladies on VD, reading Punisher and Deadpool comics, playing Final Fantasy Tactics and looping ‘Paint It Black’ as loud as possible.

As for getting ladies anything, why bother? If you need a day to blackmail, brainwash, nag, attack and force someone to ‘prove’ their love for you, you are not a lovable person, you are a slavemaster whipping your slave to do what you want. You can withhold affection, love, respect, caring, speaking and sex and no one calls you out on it…however if a man forgets the ‘sacred’ holiday, he is worthless as a man. More and more men are wising up and asking themselves ‘what’s in this for ME?’ and seeing nothing are acting accordingly.

A gift is supposed to be from the heart, needs no special day and no special reason. Expecting a gift on Feb. 14 shows you are just a lemming following your programming. There is NO love or respect in the gift, it’s just a sacrifice to avoid argument and nagging and the cold shoulder for weeks.

Ask yourself this, ladies…do you want to have the love of a man or be a prostitute that has to be paid in gifts and $$$ to keep you quiet and to spread your legs?

If you will only have sex because a man does something for you or buys you a gift, you know what you REALLY are.

All we need to know is how much for how long.

Deathslayer