What Women Want, Supposedly

by Thag Jones on September 29, 2010

Thag Jones writes The Forgetful Muse blog

I ran across this article from a “dating and relationships expert” and it’s just so typical in its banality, thoughtlessness and show of entitlement mentality that I think it’s worth noting as an example of the reason so many women have such unrealistic expectations of men and horrible entitlement complexes. What stood out for me what her oh so typical list of what she wants from a man, and it almost goes without saying that nowhere does she state what she has to offer.

Yes, I want an alpha male to look after me, protect me, provide for me, be strong when times are tough and be the man around the house. But I also want a man who isn’t afraid to cook, watch Eat, Pray, Love, talk about his feelings and not be afraid to be a Mister Mom in the future.

Mister Mom? What’s wrong with “Dad?” Does she think dads can’t be nurturing or something? But of course, she wants the perfect mix of alpha and beta, except that anyone with even the slightest leanings toward alpha is not going to sit and watch tripe like “Eat, Pray, Barf” with you. This stated desire for, essentially, Mr Rogers with a sex drive, shows a gaping want of self-awareness as well as a lack of appreciation that a man is a separate human being, not a made to order wedding gown. For all the harping on feminists have done about a man’s “Madonna-Whore complex,” this blindness to our own schizophrenic “Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde complex” is more than a little ridiculous.

What men are realizing and what no doubt is causing a quiet panic in feminist circles is that no woman who isn’t completely blinded by political dogma would say no to John Wayne or the Marlboro man, but if she succeeded in turning him into Mr Rogers with a sex drive, she would be completely turned off. Extreme examples perhaps, but illustrative. The problem is that most women won’t acknowledge these things because in so doing, she loses a lot of that hard-won upper hand in the relationship arena, not that it’s been helping her much anyway. Anyone who is so blinded by “feminism” that they have to wonder if wearing make-up is a feminist act and attempt to redefine it as such so that she can pile it on guilt-free (kind of like sluts talking about empowerment, isn’t it?) is way too invested in arbitrary rules, just the thing she claims to be rebelling against.

Another point here is this oft-stated “I want a man who isn’t afraid to cook/ look after the baby/ etc..” It’s a bit of a red herring, because men are not afraid to do any of these things, they just don’t need to be turned into your bitch while doing them, and I think when you hear a woman say these things, it’s a sort of shit test to see how far she can get you under her thumb.

Note the dismissive tone here:

So how exactly can men become more masculine? Apparently by having a “man cave”. As Dobransky explains: “Men need to have a den in their house, or their own bathroom, or a place where they can do their own thing without being interrupted. That is a primitive primal instinct in males. Without their cave, men feel injured.”

When I laugh at this statement, he gets serious and likens my teasing to a man making fun of a woman’s big butt.

“A woman cares how she looks. It’s hurtful to be criticized about her body. That’s how a man feels when his territory is taken away or his career is criticised. He feels exactly like she feels when her body is criticized.”

Right. Anyway, back to the alpha male becoming instinct argument.

I think she meant to say “extinct” rather than “instinct,” but either way this “expert” has no clue about men, yet she is paid to offer advice on relationships and has written a book on the subject. And it’s not just her, but all those of her ilk, who are simply making things worse. Why is the idea of a “man cave” so funny to her? She wants a “sensitive” man yet laughs in the face of a man who dares to suggest that men have some requirements of their own, “needs” if you will.

Women need to wake up to themselves as well, so I offer these commentaries in the hopes that women will read them as well as men, and in the hope that men and women can be a team again. Those of us who are raising the next generation can do a great deal if it’s done collectively, but in the absence of a majority, we must do what we can as individuals and go against the grain of popular culture. Don’t let your kids wear stupid shirts with messages like “Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them,” or “Girls rule, boys drool.” Why do we think this is funny? Imagine if boys wore shirts saying “Girls are stupid, beat them into submission” or “Girls make great pets.” Do I even have to ask what would happen?

In the spirit of raising a better generation, I’ll leave you with a light hearted piece of advice to sons that you’ll never hear from most of the dads I know:

Snark September 29, 2010 at 03:19

Anyone who is so blinded by “feminism” that they have to wonder if wearing make-up is a feminist act and attempt to redefine it as such so that she can pile it on guilt-free (kind of like sluts talking about empowement, isn’t it?) is way too invested in arbitrary rules, just the thing she claims to be rebelling against.

OUCH. I can actually feel the heat of that burn.

finndistan September 29, 2010 at 03:23

FIRST!

The most famous relationship expert, couple’s therapist in my town is a three times divorced woman, whose son was thinking of disowning her due to her almost destroying his wedding with her charade. Dunno if he now talks to her.

Her first husband, who I got to meet, is a great man, and a great father to a number of kids from a second marriage that goes on to this day.

And the man cave.

It is not a man cave, it is a temple, a solitary resting place.

I want to sit back for five minutes, and relax. Not do anything. I am not being lazy, I am working on emptying my mind. Five minutes, for God’s sake.

Migu September 29, 2010 at 04:07

What does a woman want?

I don’t want a woman, so I don’t care. A wife, but they are extinct where I live.

digital_dreamer September 29, 2010 at 04:20

Great points, Thag.

RE: Man cave.

After working 10 or so hours meeting the demands of the clients, bosses, managers, supervisors, whiny female peers, etc., do you really want to go home and spend another 4-6 hours listening to the demands of someone who has demonstrated they can’t be pleased?

That’s what the man cave is for.

It’s a great place to unwind and actually get things done (projects, to-dos, etc.) while away from someone who’s entire existence appears to be to wear you down.

MAJ

misterb September 29, 2010 at 04:57

Like always this article is not too shabby. Blunt and polite as usual.

In truth women don’t know what they want. They have become extremely demanding creatures, a man works his ass off, comes home. Only to be haggled and prodded by his woman.

A vast majority of women had been saturated with feminism. Men reduced to fluffs and metrosexuals.

regardless what feminists think, men have their own needs to require. I noted that feminists are like fanatical Islamic Wahhabi sect and Mary worship.

In their minds, they do no wrong. And women are terrible in giving out advices. They have a habit of meddling in affairs of others. When they do, they wreck havoc.

A modern woman would destroy her own daughter, and even turn her toward prostitution, just to kick start her foolish dreams.

Thag Jones September 29, 2010 at 05:41

In case you can’t be arsed with the song, the apropos line is this one:

“Women will try and run you
And when they’re done
You’ll be a nice young man
Not too much fun…”

scatmaster September 29, 2010 at 05:51

Five minutes, for God’s sake

You did not know it is all about them. You are required to be attentive to their needs one hundred percent of the time.

Snark September 29, 2010 at 05:54

@ Thag Jones,

From this article you linked to.

She says,

A man’s worth isn’t defined by whether he nearly stabs his eyes out every morning with an eye pencil to make them “stand out”. Why are we held to a different standard

Jesus. Hyperexaggeration, much? Do women nearly stab their eyes out every morning with eye pencils? I’ve never heard of such a thing. Not a single woman I know has ever stabbed her eye out with an eye pencil or even come close.

On the other hand, I have to take a razor sharp blade to my face and neck five mornings a week. And, unlike eye makeup, I actually am required to look smart for my job. There is no equivalent requirement on women to use an eye pencil.

And I have bled in my efforts to look the best I can. Shaving cuts are hardly uncommon. Especially since you’re using a razor blade and not a goddamn soft pencil.

But hey – what about teh wimmin? Let’s all drop everything and have a cuddle party for teh wimmin! Nobody else is allowed to be a victim of anything; but teh wimmin must be the victims of absolutely everything ever.

I’ll tell you what, Mzzz. Feminist Housewife.

If you truly find it absurd that only women should wear makeup – if you truly can’t perceive that there are differences between men and women which account for … the differences between men and women, then you must also find it just as absurd that only men shave their faces every morning.

I therefore insist, in the interests of equality, that all whinging feminists shall have to take a razor blade to their faces each weekday morning. You must reach your quota of three visible cuts per week. Only then shall you be permitted to complain about having to alter your appearance in the morning. I can think of nothing more equal and fair than this, and I am sure you will agree – since you believe that ‘men’ and ‘women’ are two words referring to the same thing.

Reader September 29, 2010 at 06:04

Excellent article!

“I’ve seen the calls here for some plan of action and while I don’t claim to know what exactly to do about the problems that face us as a society, I believe one route to change is to keep hammering away with the message until it becomes mainstream. Part of this will be “preaching to the choir,” but it needs to be repeated in order to find new ears.”

Erm . . . sooo . . . does that mean that you are going to start blogging again (or at least writing lots more articles here)? :-)

Thag Jones September 29, 2010 at 06:22

To be fair, Snark, some of them already do this! I didn’t even read that whole article because I’ve seen the same tired nonsense before. Talk about trying to find a problem where there isn’t one. Christ, it’s just make-up; you don’t have to wear it! Especially if you’re such a clutz you can’t apply eye liner without poking your eye out!

Reader, I’ll do my best! I’m a bit out of the habit but it’s encouraging to post here since at least I know I’m not just talking to myself, hence the abandoned blog, lol.

nothingbutthetruth September 29, 2010 at 06:28

Seriously, where do they get these dating experts? Most of them are divorced. The photo of Samantha Brett is the one of a woman who has ridden one thousand alpha cocks. Is this what women understand as “relationship experts”?

Is it a kind of conspiracy to increase the entitlement complex of women so they end up single and there is a decrease in population? Why aren’t these experts happily married women?

Reader September 29, 2010 at 06:29

Since I am not a fan of makeup, I have noticed recently that hyenas (cougars) are becoming more insistent that very young women must use makeup, with the goal being to make them look more like older women.

“What women need to understand is that after busting my head at work all day, I do not want to be a challenging man (to satisfy her “I need a man who is a challenge” tripe) when I come home.”

Also, some women claim that by being “challenging” and “a handful” they are allowing their men to “conquer” them and thus establish their masculinity.

When I try to explain to them that a man whose job is dealing with wolves just finds it annoying to have to walk around at home with a chihuahua hanging off his pant leg, and ask them what positive and nurturing (like they claim to be) contributions they bring to their relationship, I get banned.

Anonymous Reader September 29, 2010 at 06:43

Actually, the fascination with “this level of personal grooming is politically acceptable, that level is not” is a big tell; only “true believers” such as Marxists and religious fanatics engage in that kind of “how many demons can stand on the head of a pin” thinking. Cripes, it’s been 30 years or more since some feministas issued fatwas against women shaving their legs, armpits, etc. in the Anglosphere. With all the “progress” that has been made by teh wimminz, surely they should be going on about something else by now?

But nah, it’s the same old debate. “That eyeliner is obviously Patriarchal! It’s Fascist!”, how tedious.

Returning to the “advice”, it’s the same conflictedness that can be seen in lots of US women. The age-old, evolutionary-biology need, need for a man who demonstrates the necessary skills and manliness to take care of her, with all that feminist/Marxist crap troweled on top. Double standard? Nah, more like mental conflicts between natural needs and political conditioning.

There was a tune in the 70′s that had this chorus: “Free your mind, and the rest will follow”…

Anonymous Reader September 29, 2010 at 06:47

nothingbutthetruth:

Where do they get these dating experts? Well, generally from the same pool as “journalists”. Went to some sort of uni, took all the politically correct brainwashing classes, spouts the correct lines on all causes. The real qualifications for “relationship columnist” seem to boil down to “says the right things and not the wrong things”, i.e. toes the feminist, progressive line.

No ability to actually think, read and understand science, is required.

Thag Jones September 29, 2010 at 06:50

It’s amazing how easily summed up it is, yet so little seen for what it is.

Alte September 29, 2010 at 07:03

Great article, Thag! Nothing to add except great article and good comments.

I used to wear makeup, but my husband doesn’t like it (except for special occassions) so I don’t anymore. He says it’s counter-productive if you’re young, because it makes you look older (like Reader said).

What I’m always baffled by are the many women with heavy makeup and unflattering clothes. What message are they trying to communicate with that?

Alte September 29, 2010 at 07:08

There’s a L’Oreal ad on this page. The irony.

Troll King September 29, 2010 at 07:27

I have seriously wondered if womens incompetence and insanity isn’t the result of makeup. Consider how many chemicals and oils and fats from all sorts of animals and ingredients from all sorts of plants and lab made creations. Consider that the pores in your face are generally bigger than the rest of your body, for many reasons but one probably being heat dispersion. Consider that girls start playing with makeup at a very young age, long before their brains are fully developed. I have thought and posted before how I think giving ritalin and other drugs to boys, whose brains are developing with massive amounts of speed in the system, probably causes the steep rise in suicides among teen males and younger males. Stimulants reduce and can destroy the parts of the brain controlling happiness and mood control.

So why couldn’t the same thing or sort of thing happen with girls? They are literally applying huge amounts of chemicals and oils to their faces every day. Add ontop of that that most girls dose themselves with speed(diet pills) and I don’t see how their brains couldn’t get fucked up from it all. Or maybe it’s cause they lack a y chromosome. Or maybe it’s their nature.

zed September 29, 2010 at 07:37

There are enough animal by-products in most makeup to make wearing it tantamount to smearing roadkill on their faces.

And a big double thumbs up on the idea that older women pressure younger women to wear it because it gives every woman the same face and takes away younger women’s natural advantages in the dating market because they actually look fresh and attractive instead of like they are wearing a Japanese Kabuki mask.

Snark September 29, 2010 at 07:39
Alte September 29, 2010 at 07:52

Damn, Snark. That tart takes the cake. She chased the tingle all the way to Tunisia. I hope she stays there, for her kid’s sake.

Thag Jones September 29, 2010 at 07:56

I never used to wear make-up when I was younger and now I wear very little – certainly not “primer” (isn’t that for walls?!) Most women really do look better with very little make-up and a lot of it just looks tacky.

Snark, what a disgusting creature. Some mother. And here I am thinking I don’t really have time to date anyone seriously! Silly me! I can ditch my kids, run off to Tunisia and marry a loser! How empowering would that be?!

Herbal Essence September 29, 2010 at 07:58

Advice columnist. Damn, how do I get a job telling women what they want to hear all day? Oh wait. I work in Advertising.

Also – I agree wearing makeup is like sticking your face in a toxic waste dump. Most of my girlfriends have either gone without makeup or stuck to the type one gets from health food stores and such. I respected them for that.

Rebel September 29, 2010 at 08:23

A couple of years ago, at a Xmas party, kids were given their Xmas gifts galore. One young teen age boy got fifteen gifts plus a neat sum of $700.

Later that evening, I caught the young boy crying. I asked him why he felt so sad on such an occasion.

He looked at me and said: “My sister got one more gift than I”.

Kids..

Now, what do women really want? Well, they don’t know: they are like those spoiled kids who never seem to get enough.

The female mantra seems to be “Me want more”.

Spoiled brats they are.

And the more you spoil them the worse it will get.

Which leads me to the conclusion that the less you give them the less they will want.

So, to the question of how we will change all this mess, the answer seems clearly: “Give women nothing: no love, no affection, no children, no special things, give them nothing and eventually they should come back to their senses. Or some of them will.

And those who won’t will simply die out, their genes gone forever.

I think this is the solution. It will take much self-sacrifice on the part of men, as one or two more generations will be sacrificed, but that may very well be the price we will have to pay, collectively, to recover from the damages of feminism.

Food for thoughts?

Chris September 29, 2010 at 08:35

lol…”girls make great pets” t-shirt!

Sorry, I just had to do it…

Uncle Elmer September 29, 2010 at 08:39

As much fun as it is to dissect these outrages, I would like to see more essays in the penis vein of the recent “10 Health and Sex Tips for Men”.

I am face with scratching out a living as well as trying to turn my sons into self-sufficient men, with the knowledge that the tide has turned against men and I have to try to tell them how to educate and defend themselves when I don’t fully grasp the complexities of the emerging femocracy.

I googled “Society for Men Engineers”. Google asks “Did you mean Society for Women Engineers?”. No. There is one, one freakin link to The Society of Men Engineers. It’s a gag on Facebook :

Description:
The Society of MEN Engineers (SME), founded in 1650, is a not-for-profit educational and service organization. SME is the driving force that establishes engineering as a highly desirable career aspiration for MEN. SME empowers MEN to succeed and advance in those aspirations and be recognized for their life-changing contributions and achievements as engineers and leaders.

SME Objectives
• Inform young men, their parents, counselors, and the general public, of the qualifications and achievements of MEN engineers and the opportunities open to them.

• Assist MEN in readying themselves for a return to active work after temporary retirement.

• Serve as a center of information on MEN in engineering.

• Encourage MEN engineers to attain high levels of education and professional achievement.

Now google “Society for Women Engineers”. Page after page of links to females proactively pushing us out of the structures that men engineered. All we have in response is a feeble joke.

Thag Jones September 29, 2010 at 08:39

This was the topic a few posts back, but not only do those enlightened Swedish men like to breastfeed (I’ll spare you a link back to that!), they also like to urinate in public with the courts’ approval!

Uncle Elmer September 29, 2010 at 08:52

There’s a cross section of political attitudes here. Appreciate that we don’t devolve into left-right insults and instead look at our commonalities.

Personally, I have been a life-long Democrat, mainly because my old man was. In terms of personal conduct, I’m probably more Republican than most professed Republicans. Also in my family and friends I have hard-core Republicans.

Anyway, really got a lot of work to do, but thought this would be good fodder for an essay here.

She complains about “liberal dudes” and how they’re gonna drive women away from the Democratic Party and into the arms of Republican he-men :

But the real wounds for Democratic women are in sexism that continues to flourish unchallenged in the Democratic Party.

The Republicans are worse. Aren’t they? Well, no, not anymore. Make a sexist remark against a Republican woman and watch the likes of Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity call you out and defend her. But not in the Liberal Dude Nation. Our sexism is so internalized, we just let our men diminish our women without a peep. Boys will be boys. It’s the Liberal Dude Nation!

My only inputs for the essay are the title : “Take Our Women, Please!”, and opening theme : “Liberal Dudes, more than anyone, supported the women’s movement from its infancy, and have suffered more than anyone from its excesses. We gladly will send our women into the ranks of the Republicans and return our party to advocacy for the working man.”

Alte September 29, 2010 at 09:07

Personally, I have been a life-long Democrat, mainly because my old man was.

My husband is a bit of a socialist and not as religious as I am, so I’m used to dealing with “the other side”. Good guys over there, too, of the old unionist-sort. But most of them are slowly jumping ship and going Republican, I think.

No, thanks. Keep ‘em. Your women, your problem. We already have our hands full with the Christo-feminist plague.

Republicans have more white-knights, is all. Democratic guys don’t do that because their women have been insisting for years that “I can do it myself!”. Well, then go ahead, sister. You’re one of the boys now, so stick up for yourself.

Did you guys hear about Christie defending Whitman?

Uncle Elmer September 29, 2010 at 09:14

Then we will catapult them like disease-ridden corpses into your encampments.

SingleDad September 29, 2010 at 09:24

@ Uncle Elmer

You are correct. There is nothing for boys, no programs, no consideration, just drugs.

I want my son to be a success and I can see him right before my eyes deflating his life expectations as he is devoured by his expensive suburban highly rated public school.

I have known this would be a challenge for me as I have been an active member of the MRM for many years.

But all my helping him with homework and teaching him study skills so he can compete in the feminized US classroom is not working.

I plan to emigrate after my son finishes high school but maybe I am better off know and get him into an international school in a foriegn country.

The longer he stays in this toxic environment the more he will lose his self confidence.

I really don’t know what to do. Nothing is working.

misterb September 29, 2010 at 09:25

I wonder if feminism is worse than the Black Death.

Any shenanigans a woman pull will effect the children, society in the long term.

Anyways I read somewhere that makeup is addictive as any drug. That much makeup will takes its toll on the female human skin. considering the shit is in what women wear.

In addition, it has been noted that women are jealous of younger women. Especially those who are 12 years of age. Three obvious reasons, young bodies, smooth skins and locks of hair.

and women turning their own daughters under the age of 10 to porcelain dolls, by pushing them in to so-called beauty pageants. Out of their own sheer vanity. Of which my previous post mentions that women will turn their daughters to prostitution and even sell them off.

Herbal Essence September 29, 2010 at 09:25

I’m a former Liberal turned Libertarian. The GOP’s gung-ho stance on war, absurd military spending, and creeping Feminism will prevent me from supporting them now and in the future.

misterb September 29, 2010 at 09:29

@ Thag Jones

I read that article yesterday. I was thinking only in a sicko’s mind that he or she would want to urinate in public. My instinct tells me its a form of a fetish.

fondueguy September 29, 2010 at 09:31

@snark

The quote you found “A man’s worth isn’t defined by whether he nearly stabs his eyes out every morning with an eye pencil to make them “stand out”.”

To make better sense we should cross out the word worth and replace it with vanity. Why the fuck should we be sympathizing with women’s attempts to be hotter… an attempt to take more attention or give yourself more options.

Also I’ve never asked a women to spend hours at the mall shopping for shoes and jewelry; that self lowthing is not for me.

I don’t think women will give up trying to be pretty. Have you ever seen the women on the political shows on fox? Their trying to have serious talks while wearing fucking pink and other bright clothing with their hair all done. I personally want women in politics to never wear bright colors. All it says is look at me look at me. And lets get fucking real those old women in politics are not my eye candy… I don’t ask for it.

Keyster September 29, 2010 at 09:32

This is the, I believe, hormonally driven duplicitious nature of women.

It’s the man’s job to instinctively know which type of man she prefers at any given time. Too much of one and not enough of the other will inevitibly lead to her unhappiness in the relationship.

It’s feminist propaganda that’s created this conflict in women’s minds. And it’s been driving men crazy trying to figure it out for decades.

Alte September 29, 2010 at 09:34

Single Dad,
You need to start homeschooling ASAP. I’m serious.

Then we will catapult them like disease-ridden corpses into your encampments.

:-) Good one. My husband will help you build the catapults.

But you don’t stand a chance as we have most of the military guys on our side. Anti-aircraft and stuff. Is a flying-feminist a form of aircraft?

fondueguy September 29, 2010 at 09:37

@alte, sorry if it looked like I was quoting something you were saying. I should have used italics.

fondueguy September 29, 2010 at 09:40

snark that is. :P

dubcik September 29, 2010 at 09:57

apparently, even though women are hyper-critical of men, men are supposed to apologize to them (basically apologize for being born a dumb brute male) every time a women percieves some sort of injustice.

Carnivore September 29, 2010 at 10:01

Re man cave….
OK, so I’m biased since I’m single and my entire home is my man cave and castle. And yeah, a man cave is a good thing. BUT if a couple’s home, besides the man cave, looks as if only a women lives there, that’s a definite problem. A man might need a man cave to unwind but he should also feel comfortable anywhere in his home. To put it another way – if one room is a man cave and the rest of the house is a women cave, that’s no good.

SingleDad September 29, 2010 at 10:20

Apparently women want free reign to assault men.

Here is todays contribution from Salon. The Salonista’s think it’s sexy when women hit men as has been shown on the reality TV show about teen moms.

The article is sort of open ended, didn’t really take a position. The comments reflect that they are very aware of what we are discussing here.

But they still think it’s just sexy when a woman hits a guy.

The comments were alittle hopeful in that the issues we raise here were raised. Less hopeful was the lack of any enthusiasm or need to act.

At least they don’t refute the facts anymore.

Depressing is that they as many on here are stating, the feminists seem to lack basic human compassion.

SingleDad September 29, 2010 at 10:21

One last point, contrast this with the reality show about mormon plural wives. The district attorney is pressing charges.

Thag Jones September 29, 2010 at 10:27

SingleDad,

I don’t see where anyone says female-on-male domestic violence is sexy and I’ve never heard anyone say that. The article did state that if it were reversed, there’d be an outcry, and that led the author to “wonder” if there’s a double standard there. Seems pretty clearly a statement that this sort of thing should not be tolerated and blindly accepted, which is a good thing, no?

Snark September 29, 2010 at 10:31

Yeah, the article is critical of the double standard.

Alte September 29, 2010 at 10:32

Carnivore,

I’m with you on this one. My husband tells me that I have two whole rooms of my own: the laundry room and the kitchen. :-) I actually really like hanging out in the kitchen. It’s my woman cave. It’s nice and warm, especially when the oven is on.

Single Dad,

Think about it: you currently send your son to school so that they can babysit him and teach him. They do a cruddy job of both, so you’re teaching him in order to fix the mess they made in his head the rest of the week. Wouldn’t it be easier to just hire a better babysitter and then teach him only the stuff you want.

We have a widow at our co-op with two kids who homeschools while working full time. She hires one of the other homeschooling parents (who has kids her age) to watch her kids while she’s at work, and she homeschools them evenings and weekends. Homeschooling is really easy, and you can do a good job in about 1 hour a day. If you are literate and numerate, then you can homeschool.

NMH September 29, 2010 at 10:34

Twenty-five years ago a woman would have said:

“I want a man who isn’t afraid to cook, watch Eat, Pray, Love, talk about his feelings and not be afraid to be a Mister Mom in the future”

WITHOUT mention that he also needed to be an alpha male, even though deep down she would have wanted that. So back then women were confusing: if a man acted in a “sensitive” way as suggested by the popular press to get their attention/affection, it did not work, because you were not alpha enough.

Well now the truth is out. She’s wants the sensitive guy who is also an alpha. So the good news is that she, a representative of the standard western women, is no longer confusing, no longer shrouded in mystery.

Now its perfectly clear her needs are absolutely absurd.

And men are now running in the other direction.

At least the Gen Y’s can now understand the modern woman. I did not when I was in my late teens and early 20′s about 25 years ago, because the popular press told me that they were something that they are not.

Migu September 29, 2010 at 10:49

They are more worried about what other women think than men. The only time they aren’t is when men aren’t sniffing up their skirts.

Less men are every day.

SingleDad September 29, 2010 at 10:49

@ Bearcave. My grandfather had a man cave in 1965. He had one room of the house that he was allowed to have his lazy boy, smoke his cigars and watch TV.

Us kids loved my grandfather most of all and spent all our time in his bearcave.

The rest of the house was literally covered in plastic, even the rug had a plastic runner you had to walk on.

I don’t see any bearcaves in my married friends houses. My house is known to the parents as “the bearcave”, two 60″ TV’s, more computers than food, and we have fun every night.

This weekend I’m hosting one of my son’s friends from Friday till Sunday my son is ecstatic, a three day, two night play date.

I just leave them alone and let them be boys.

Lavazza September 29, 2010 at 10:54

Sweden has few people and plenty of room. Nakedness is not a taboo. Combine that with an appetite for binge drinking beer and fees/queues/sordidness at public toilets and you get a fair amount of men (and women) urinating outdoors WE nights. I do not see any problem as long as people do not pee on pavements or on the same spot, and do their best not to expose themselves.

Anonymous Reader September 29, 2010 at 11:00

SingleDad, take a look at this curriculum. Robinson is a smart guy, his children are turning out to be good, useful people. He doesn’t mess around with modern crap.

silent September 29, 2010 at 11:02

Where’s your blog Snark?

SingleDad September 29, 2010 at 11:05

Re: Women finding DV against men sexy that was from a comment:

“Embracing the Double Standard
We will know that the double standard no longer exists when the following milestones have been reached:

1. There is an advertisment for a game being played by a man and a woman in which the man keeps winning.

2. A male teacher has sex with his female students, but gets a light sentence because he is good looking.

3. When it becomes routine for a man and a woman to have sex for the first time, right after they had dinner at an expensive restaurant Dutch treat.

4. When they make a movie like Summer of ’42, except the genders are reversed: a man finds out that his wife has just died, and so he has a one night stand with a sixteen year old girl.

In the meantime, let’s face it. There is something sexy about a beautiful woman slapping a man’s face, while he just stands there and takes it. Unless, as Woody Allen points out, his glasses go flying across”

I think the commenter see’s our points but acknowledges that women like hitting men and do find it sexy. They also like rape fantasies. There idea’s on violence are all over the place because they have cultural licence to be.

This is wrong and why nobody called the cops and no one will and that women will get custody of her kids despite the video.

SingleDad September 29, 2010 at 11:17

@ Anonymous Reader

Thanks I will check it out.

Uncle Elmer September 29, 2010 at 11:20

woody allen :
“I never met a dame who didn’t understand a shlap in the face or a shlug from a .45″

His friends spent the night and all they did was jam the video games with occaisional resurfacing for pizza. I told them they were all going to have to get off their asses and go dancing as there are a lot of babes there. One of them said “sounds good to me”. I enjoy seeing young men get introduced to dancing, where the men are called “leaders” and the women are referred to as “followers”. Also told my son he needs to touch and talk to lots of girls so he won’t be a complete pushover for them.

RCG September 29, 2010 at 11:24

Alte wrote:
“Homeschooling is really easy, and you can do a good job in about 1 hour a day. If you are literate and numerate, then you can homeschool.”

As a man who was homeschooled from 7th-12th grade, I am going to have to disagree with you.

I was homeschooled by my mother. She was well educated, but she had a very clear bias: she was good at language skills, but absolutely sucked when it came to mathematics and the sciences. Once it came time for me to go to college, I found that I was at a severe disadvantage: I had no teachers to recommend me (most colleges require at least 2 recommendations from people other than family as part of the application process, maybe more), I had no career counseling so I didn’t know what to do with my life (causing me to spend extra years at college due to multiple changes of major), and my mother’s specialties were imparted to me (causing me to have to take remedial courses in mathematics and the sciences). I also lacked exposure to my peers, which made me an awkward conversationalist for a very long time.

Yes, it does not take much effort or experience to homeschool. However, unless you are an experienced and qualified teacher yourself, it is a safe bet that you’ll do a worse job than the people who make teaching their career. I was in the public school system prior to 7th grade, and I agree that it is terrible, but at least it is a balanced education. IMO the ranking is as follows: Private school > Homeschooling from lots of people (parents, private tutors, extended family, etc) > Public school > Homeschooling from only one person.

I think Single Dad’s approach, sending his kid to public school and then supplementing that with his own instruction, is an efficient use of time and money.

Herbal Essence September 29, 2010 at 11:29

Keyster-”While deep in the throws of estrous they yearn for the macho alpha male to “take” them and dominate them. During the other 3 weeks of the month they prefer a more genteel/feminized man that will empathize with her and do dishes and watch chick flicks.”

Maybe, but do they ever really “prefer” a feminized man? Seems to me it’s more like they find a feminized man useful for everything else besides sex.

Overall it just points to the entitled and solipsistic nature of women. Most see a man as a trainable monkey rather than a sovereign individual with a will of his own.

TFH September 29, 2010 at 11:36

A real eye opener that every man has to learn is that WOMEN HAVE NO IDEA HOW WOMEN THINK.

This is why virtually NO woman has ever written a book that has useful dating advice for men OR women. The true study of how women think, Game, is not just dismissed by women, but they truly cannot even grasp what it is.

If a man wants to succeed with women, then asking women what to do is the LAST thing he should consider.

But quite a few men are stupid as well. Even in this day and age of the Internet, men go to websites to ask women how to do well with women, asking stupid things like “Will women date me even though I have $100,000 in debt??”.

So such a man is ALREADY searching the web for info on how to succeed, yet still has not found Game, and is asking a woman how to succeed with women. Such a man deserves to be used by feminism, quite frankly.

Gunslingergregi September 29, 2010 at 11:40

””””SD, I am home-schooling my son as he has stopped going to school. He will take the GED and go straight to trade school.”””

The only jobs woman won’t take.

Make it welder he could be making 80k a year out of trade school all over world.

Heavy construction equipment mechanic.

Yea he could be retired by 25.

SingleDad September 29, 2010 at 11:42

So true. I once saw a BBC documentary about a study in which young female volenteers kept a diary and condoms from sex they had, they dated them and put them in the fridge.

The scientists then looked at what she said about the sex the had versus what the contents of the condoms said. It showed almost all the women had sex with their steady boyfriends when not in the 3-4 day “most fertile” days.

On the most fertile days these women had sex with stangers they met at bars in one night stands.

At the time I couldn’t believe they aired the piece and I cannot remember the name, it was at least 5 years ago.

But your thesis above has been scientifically proven to be true.

And that’s why I kept close watch over my ex when my son was concieved.

Paradoxotaur September 29, 2010 at 11:47

What do women want?

Who cares?

universe September 29, 2010 at 11:51

Thag

…so I offer these commentaries in the hopes that women will read them as well as men, and in the hope that men and women can be a team again.

To those who otherwise collaborated on facilitating events causing these natural friends to behave as enemies: there exists a paper trail that leads to each and every one of you. Millions of people are not very happy with what has been created. Pulling the plug on continuing these events may not stop what is coming your way.

Thag Jones September 29, 2010 at 12:00

This is exactly true. No they don’t want a “feminized” man and yes they do find them useful for everything except sex.

Exactly! Sad but true.

Ancel De Lambert September 29, 2010 at 12:30

“Girls make great pets,” can I get one of those?

Troll King September 29, 2010 at 12:48

Herbal Essence September 29, 2010 at 11:29

Guys, stop wringing your hands over what women want and how they see men. It’s simple.

Think about all the times a woman has said something ‘nice’ or sexual to you. What did she say and what did you say? I have had women make one or two comments about me that showed they valued me for me, but most don’t.

They say things like, “you treat me so well.” or “you make me feel so special.” and yadda yadda. Now consider what feminists complain about the most, so it seems anyways. They are always talking about how horrible it is that men say they are beautiful or sexy or what have you. It may be said in a somewhat vulgar way, but the point is that the man is expressing his interest in her inherent value. Women don’t do this to men. When they say things like, “you….treat me…..so well…I feel…so safe…around you……it’s all about them.”

They rarely find men aesthetically or sexually pleasing in the same fashion that men do. I have thought so many times that the whole ‘street, sexual harassment’ shit could be solved if women realized that men are treating them the way they want to be treated. I don’t give a compliment to a woman unlesss I either mean it, am trying to get into her pants, or more importantly hope that she might return the favor and tell me what features and attributes she finds attractive about me. Men tend to compliment women all the time, about what men like and appreciate about them, yknow their beauty or brains or whatnot. But women only seem to care about what they can get from men. What do they find attractive?

Our utility…that’s it. They don’t see men as fully human. Just look at feminist articles where they appropriate male issues. They always say this towards the end, ” such and such really harms men we have found out, since patriarchy hurts men too we should be good feminist and help the menfolk…..plus, by helping men with this tiny lil problem, we will help women…yay help women.”

Why can’t they care about men as human beings instead of the means to an end for women?

Its because they only care about our utility. The female herd creates and applies the dominant standard of maleness by stratifying men into a hierarchy. It’s because of female hypergamous choice and male-male competition that they rank men into the alpha/beta/gamma/omega dynamic.

They only care about our utility. They care about us men being walking dildos, relationship and status objects, sperm donors, walking atm machines, human shields, slaves and cannon fodder….(Alpha-omega respectively).

The real thing men should learn to do is to give them none of the above and take everything you can from this misandric society until it collapses.

Society is created by women, civilization is created by men. next time you read something written by a feminist look at how often they mention society and then project about the evil patriarchy.

Also, notice how often females write about FEELING this way or that while men talk about THINKING about this or that…and they really aren’t more emotional? Well, they have a greater frequency of emotions, basically they can’t regulate their own emotions, while men have less frequency but a greater depth of emotional range.

Gunslingergregi September 29, 2010 at 13:09

If you want to see what woman want go to a club and throw a stack of ones one ground near them. They will pick them up.

Gunslingergregi September 29, 2010 at 13:10

Shit is simple felas what do woman fight for in dicorce?

Money.

And the children to get access to what?

Money.

Seriously go to regular club and scatter some ones they will all be picked up.

zimmy September 29, 2010 at 13:17

“Guys, stop wringing your hands over what women want and how they see men.”
———

Absolutely!!
In fact, I treat women as equals (isn’t that what they demand?) but they HATE it. They don’t want to do the ‘equal’ things (example, pay for dinner, entertainment, lift heavy objects, etc). Women, particularly feminists want ‘pick-and-choose’ equality.

TFH September 29, 2010 at 13:18

Women are no more capable of discussing how women think than an 11-year-old is capable of writing a textbook on child psychology.

That is true. Repeat this often. Never hesitate to inform a woman that she does not know how women think, when she demonstrates this. Great fun.

But so many stupid men, even in the Internet age, go around asking women for advice, rather than learn Game. They are already searching for info on the Internet and STILL go to the most wrong place. Such men deserve the empty lives they have earned for themselves.

Alte September 29, 2010 at 13:54

This.

Anonymous Reader September 29, 2010 at 13:54

Single Dad, you also might consider doing some manly things outside if at all possible. Are you set up to go camping? Do so, even if only overnight; making fire is a basic skill that can save lives, knowing how to create waterproof shelter is another one. Being out in the forest, if one is available, is a tremendously freeing experience.

Does he have some kind of small knife, like a pocketknife? Get him one, let him cut on pieces of wood. He can’t take it to school as I did, more’s the pity, but at least he can do stuff around the house.

I guess where I’m going is this: help him to learn how to control as much of his environment as possible, help him to learn how to modify parts of the world to suit himself.

Anonymous Reader September 29, 2010 at 13:57

TFH

Doing this is clearly alpha behavior. Women in the back of their head want a man to tell them what they want, to satisfy their needs without a long, drawn out dialog. All that jive about “let’s talk” is just an attempt to betaize the man in question, because talking is what women do with girlfriends.

Making it clear that you, a man, understand women better than she does is a major alpha move. I’m Anonymous Reader and I approve this message…send it often.

TFH September 29, 2010 at 15:53

Of course. That is why I do it often.

This is how the practice of Game is itself a Men’s Rights action. In fact, it is the ONLY true Men’s Rights action currently being taken.

Gunslingergregi September 29, 2010 at 15:56

Said before about mens studies. This feminist website looks afraid of it and hates mra’s yay.

David Collard September 29, 2010 at 16:27

My wife wears very little makeup, although ironically I just noticed that she had bit of lippie on as she went off to work. Looked nice too.

But she looks good without makeup. Sometimes I get her to put it on in the bedroom because I like women to look like dolls sometimes.

Women probably don’t consciously know what they want. This may even be an evolved thing. Women “preference falsify” (lie) all the time about their desires. And they lie to themselves.

Today, though, the clever and more self-aware ones can probably satisfy all their conflicting desires, or at least attempt to. So, a pretty young feminist can get her beta to be her “Mr Mom” (god, where do you Americans come up with this crap?) while getting a good seeing to from a handy alpha when the mood takes her.

Alte September 29, 2010 at 16:53

DC,
I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth! Thank goodness. I was worried about you because you didn’t answer my email.

Anonymous Reader September 29, 2010 at 17:02

TFH

Heh. That’s pretty interesting to contemplate. Maybe in the long run, proper and ever-wider application of Game will do more to undo feminism than all the political action notions.

Hmm. Does that mean that feminism is ultimately a huge shit test on all of Western mankind?

Alte September 29, 2010 at 17:04

Yeah, basically. Didn’t Roissy say that once?

Paradoxotaur September 29, 2010 at 17:06

@DavidC: “Women probably don’t consciously know what they want.”

Once again, I cite the scientific study wherein men and women were hooked up to various electrodes and sensors, shown a wide variety of images and video clips (details omitted) and asked to rank their degree of arousal for each scenario. No matter what turned on individual men, there was rock-solid correlation between their self-ranking and the test instruments. When it came to the women- the researchers said that they kept going back to insure the self-ranking and measured results were from the same individual, as the women would say they were aroused when they weren’t, and denied being aroused when they were.

Like we needed a study for this?

KARMA MRA MFTOW September 29, 2010 at 17:13

Yep hehehe.

David Collard September 29, 2010 at 17:26

Alte

What email? I rarely read my email at home. I am OK. I am on leave for a week and playing on the Internet. I trust you are well.

Paradoxataur

I was actually thinking of that study. I can tell when my wife is turned on by something I have said or done when she gets a bemused look on her face. Mild annoyance can be a good sign too.

David Collard September 29, 2010 at 17:30

I agree with some of the above. The only practical thing the individual man can do to improve matters in general is to game the women he meets in his life. I mostly game my wife, but I have started “gaming” women in shops, my mother, and so on. It works. I am naturally a polite, gentlemanly man, but when I sometimes am brusque with shopgirls, it works like catnip. Weird.

As they say, Think Globally, Act Locally.

Alte September 29, 2010 at 17:43

Okay. I can tell you’re alright. Same old chauvenist I know and love. ;-)

David Collard September 29, 2010 at 18:04

Alte

That’s “chauvinist”, not “chauvenist”. But you know that. You are a very smart woman. No joke, I am still thinking about some of the things I learned from you. I hope the blokes here realise what a treasure they have in you.

Bits of the puzzle keep falling into place. For example, I was thinking this morning about how I have always teased my wife by telling her how great women look riding pillion on motorbikes, clinging on, legs spread. I used to think I was a pig for thinking and saying that, but now I just accept it as part of my nature and destiny as a born “male chauvinist”.

Alte September 29, 2010 at 18:10

Flattery will get you nowhere with me, David. Instead you have to come over here and post something clever for the Archbishop.

I never was very good at spelling. I’ve given phonics over to my husband, to teach our son, as I have realized that I can’t spell things out very well.

David Collard September 29, 2010 at 18:29

Sorry, Alte. I genuinely think you are very clever. I could indulge in self-parody and say that you are clever, for a woman. But no, you are clever by any standard.

I have not been reading that thread you cite. I have only been on this one and the one on “NPR decides …” and on Roissy a bit and Dalrock. I am using a laptop and I can’t surf the Web as easily as usual. I have not been on The Thinking Housewife of late.

Did you have a question for me in your email? I doubt I could find it now. My wife tends to delete them quickly.

Anonymous September 29, 2010 at 19:06

Absolutely.

When it comes to dating, they don’t think, they feel and they rationalize their feelings. They live in a fantasy world.

Alte September 29, 2010 at 19:08

No, I was just wondering whether you are still breathing. Glad to hear that you are. Now I shall take my sickly self to an early bedtime and stop vegetating on the computer. Achoo!

namae nanka September 29, 2010 at 19:28

“In fact, I treat women as equals (isn’t that what they demand?) but they HATE it.”

It’s misogyny to treat women the same as men.

Good readings here:

namae nanka September 29, 2010 at 19:30

“Women probably don’t consciously know what they want.”

They don’t have the duality to perform this operation.

ligneus September 29, 2010 at 19:31

Y’all might find this interesting.

saige September 29, 2010 at 19:52

Why is the most capable human being tasked with pleasing the wants of the least capable human?

Because, the least capable human has been graced with the freedom to regulate the reproduction of the most capable human.

It wasn’t always like this.
It wont always be like this.

Curiepoint September 29, 2010 at 20:19

What do women want?

They want fried ice.

trent13 September 29, 2010 at 20:28

That’s just psychotic and weird. Creepy that that prob reflects the majority of women’s thought processes when it comes to men. Great article Thag.

David Collard September 29, 2010 at 20:35

Some of the woman writer’s confusion about what she wants may not be real. She may just be “preference falsifying”. That is, she is really saying she wants an alpha male, but she doesn’t want her PC female friends to disapprove, so she throws in the bullshit about wanting him to “talk about his feelings” and so on. Sometimes PC journalists, who are shit-scared of what other PC journalists think, will write the truth, but camouflage it with PC fluff so as to get by.

Thag Jones September 30, 2010 at 05:06

trent13,

She did leave out that she wants an alpha male to give her a good rogering while she’s ovulating. It’s all so pure-minded it really does come off as insincere, especially when you look at her picture! Yeah, right.

Robert September 30, 2010 at 05:13

Saige that door swings both ways. If a man decides he does not want to father children, he can get a vasectomy.

Richard September 30, 2010 at 11:04

@nothingbutthetruth

If you read books on sex, romance, dating, etc… you’ll find most authors are female.

Women – today, are the self-appointed experts on relationships, sex, love, romance, marriage etc…

The problem is, they have had their minds poisoned by feminism to such an extent, that they are actually the exact opposite of “experts”.

Abject Man September 30, 2010 at 19:23

Women are “demanding” creatures exactly because they don’t know what the heck they want. They are rudderless and radarless. Nobody who issues a 100-item prerequisites list can be taken seriously or be considered to know what she wants. It’s the “troll fishing” technique for trying to get something for nothing.

Humans being hunter-gatherers, and shopping being the modern-day equivalent of gathering, they just make those shopping lists just to feel rich.

(Notice how girls feel richer the moment they enter a shopping mall, even before they buy anything?)

You cannot shop for a relationship; you can only build one.

It is so obvious that girls basically wing it on the mammalian brain: the primitive associative thinking so characteristic of it is all they rely on even when they indulge in their favorite topic — relationships. They look up (hypergamously), notice that high-status men have a whole bunch of gophers who do stuff for them, label these high-status men as “demanding” (because, you know, they hire CEOs by measuring how many things they can demand per minute), and then read this backwards to infer “wow, so to have a great life, I must become a demanding woman.”

No, hon, only if you have a 160 IQ and an alpha-male character required to manage 10,000 people — while you’re also walking and chewing a gum — can you afford to be “demanding” (i.e. “delegate” a whole bunch of mechanical tasks to your assistants so that you can do the job you’re hired to do: run the show). Lesser humans should do their best not to become a liability to those who cherish their company, especially if the company is not a business enterprise but a romantic relationship.

W.F. Price September 30, 2010 at 19:35

As I’m sure you know, the two are usually mutually exclusive.

Steve October 1, 2010 at 08:02

Women don’t really know what they want, but they respond to Woo

Sansha October 2, 2010 at 05:59

Followed the link here from someone re-posting in Samantha Brett’s blog.

Just wanted to add that a lot of the commenters (male and female) come back out of morbid fascination with how screwed up she is (only a glance at any of her topics to see this). I’m sure there’s enough women that buy into that crap, but there’s also plenty that think it’s ridiculous.

I’m seriously betting that SMH hire her due to the sheer outrage she causes. Utter tripe.

Jeff October 11, 2010 at 02:40

@Snark: Eye pencil vs. shaving, and…

What’s worse, sharing your own complaint could lead to serious injury. There once was a female journalist doing an article on the office workplace. She complained to a man she was interviewing about office-appropriate dress codes that required women to cram their feet painfully into pointy-toed pumps. He commiserated with her pain by comparing with his experience of strangling in a tight shirt collar and tie. Needless to say, she was not impressed, and thought that the pain level could not compare in any way. She saw her opportunity to provide him with an object lesson in the difference later that day, when she found him standing right behind her in the elevator. She casually stepped back and “accidentally” impaled his foot with a stiletto heel. Then she wrote it all up for her on-line journal, including her self-confessed assault, and told her readers of her smug satisfaction at hearing his screams of pain, that his possibly broken toes provided her with some compensation for the pain that she had to endure.

That was not the only story I’ve read of a self-confessed foot stabbing for some inconsequential reason. So far as I know, there were no consequences for any of them. I wish I’d been able to save the articles to post them on a blog or something, to show how far it’s open season on men.

Maybe I ought to go metro and see if I can “accidentally” spear a few pretty little painted wiggly toes. Sounds like great sport–why should women have all the fun? Somehow, though, I don’t think it would work out too well.

Jeff October 11, 2010 at 12:08

Anonymous Reader:

What happens when the shit never stops? How much testing is a man willing to undergo to prove himself worthy to toss his seeds back into the gene pool? Is it worth that much effort to perpetuate the human species, or even to gain temporary relief and gratification? Do even the most sought-after women eventually “price” (shit-test) themselves out of the market? Is it worth the effort to demonstrate that all the paranoid schizophrenic game theorists have it right, with all this PUA strategizing and playing of mind games? Or, is it all just a huge Trap?

Extinguish January 11, 2011 at 12:41

You know, this stuff always makes this song go through my head, with regards to the female gender.