Why They Used to Burn Witches

by W.F. Price on August 18, 2010

A grandmother from Kent, Washington (a Seattle suburb) has been arrested for forcing children in her care to drink urine and engage in sexual acts with their siblings. Rose Marie Johnson, according to several children and witnesses, has been putting little kids through hell for years. She first came to the attention of social services when a boy accused her of improprieties in 2008, but investigators did not take him seriously.

When we hear about witch burnings in the bad old days, they are usually presented in the context of innocent women irrationally accused by superstitious Christians. If the behavior of women today is any indication, they are capable of doing awful things to people, including children, and were probably all the more likely to get away with it when there was less communication and people had a greater ability to avoid state intrusion.

So when one hears about persecution of innocent women in pre-modern Europe, it should be kept in mind that although some certainly didn’t deserve their fate and were set up for one reason or the other (e.g. Jeanne d’Arc), a lot of them probably had it coming. In fact, today they get away with this stuff with little more than a slap on the wrist, because their victims are just children, after all, and women are higher value human beings in our feminist regime.

Ragnar August 18, 2010 at 05:24

Witchburning could be a sane civilised reaction in some cases!

Philip August 18, 2010 at 05:38

One of my pet peeves about some evil women is how they can get a guy to take the fall for them. A white knight or Mangina will accept all responsibility for both there crimes, thus saving there beloved… AWWWW bless
Women living the high life of off there partners crimes, then getting off scot free……..
Really Pisses Me Off

scatmaster August 18, 2010 at 05:42

It has been said before but I will say it again.
She will get counseling only. If that.

Jabberwocky August 18, 2010 at 05:48

Mom kills kids by strapping them into car and rolling it into river.

Burn the witch. By looking at her, she’ll take a long time to burn up. Better have some extra wood on hand. Metaphorically.

Travis August 18, 2010 at 05:59

Two articles I came across when I logged on to my AOL hompage I thought you all might be interested in.

1) Mom slapped baby on Southwest flight-
A woman apparently slapped her one year old daughter after she started crying on a Southwest Airlines flight. No charges were filed, and the child was returned to the woman after brief questioning by authorities. Anyone want to hazzard a guess as to what would have happened if a man had slapped his one year old child in a public place for crying?

2) A woman in South Carolina suffocated her children and then strapped them into their car seats and pushed the vehicle into a lake. Here are some comments from the Sheriff who arrested her:
“This [isn't] a hardened criminal. … This is a young lady who was in trouble,” Williams said. “In trouble more ways than she realized. She was in trouble and she didn’t know where to turn. … The responsibility of being a mom was a bit much for her.” and, “We have a 29-year-old mother who was unemployed,” Williams said. “She had three children to care for. She had a mother who [is] very firm [and] very realistic about being a mom. [Duley] had no way of getting provisions to the children or to assist them and … she just wanted to get rid of her children.”
He also speculated that postpartum depression might be to blame.
Interestingly, the only person in the articles who seemed to actually blame the woman was a female psychologist. Some of her quotes: While men who kill their children often take their own lives, women who commit infanticide generally don’t commit suicide, Brown said. “For the female parent, their life is only beginning the minute their children are dead. [They see] their children as the cause of their failure in life.
“Most claims — if not all — of postpartum depression are a crock in the sense that there is not a chemical imbalance that causes women to go so psychotic [that] they kill their children,” she said.
“Most women who suffer depression after their children are born are suffering from post-how-did-I-get-stuck-with-this-kid, this body, this life? They may be depressed, but it is their situation and their psychopathic personality that brings them to kill their children, and not some chemical malfunction.”
She also drew comparisons to another case from 1994 which occurred only 100 miles away from this incident in which another woman strapped her children into her car seats and drove them into a lake.
“Prosecutors said Smith, a troubled young white woman who had been molested as a teen by her stepfather, got rid of her children so that she could have a relationship with an affluent man who had no interest in her kids. Her sons were drowned in John D. Long Lake — roughly 100 miles from where Duley’s children died.”

Laura August 18, 2010 at 06:09

I think authorities actually care more about children’s welfare then they do about offending an adult woman. I’ve had to take my children to the doctor’s office a few times for various injuries and I was closely questioned each time about exactly what had happened. I personally don’t mind them doing that because I want women who are abusive to be held responsible for it. The best way to prevent child abuse is to have a loving father around. My husband will sometimes question my parenting and I think that is a good thing.

fairykarma August 18, 2010 at 06:12

Well, the medieval times necessitated people belong to some kind of family unit because family cohesion was necessary for survival. Women needed to contribute. Kids needed to contribute. Survival was the business of most people. I don’t know much about witches but I would guess they would be the kind of women with free time on their hands, peculiar for that era. I guess we now know what happens when women have free time on their hands outside their evolutionarily prescribed roles. Look at the perversity of upper class women all throughout time; plenty of crazy in that group. I would bet a larger percentage of crazy compared to the general population. Men set women free through automation, and we simultaneously hang ourselves. I have no sympathy for either gender. I believe only a few percentage of individuals, male or female, ever escape chaotic gender dynamics; coincidentally, those tend to be my heroes.

Cloud August 18, 2010 at 06:51

Travis,

That Sheriff is a good example of why all men over 50 need to be removed from their positions of power. They are some of the biggest feminists in the U.S.

SingleDad August 18, 2010 at 06:56

I believe women have less capabibitly for what us men call “love”. You know that thing you promise when you marry. Not for their husbands and not for their children.

I have been reading alot of 16th century fiction lately and find that women knew of this, everyone did. And laws were in place to handle this.

In my opinion, it was this that so enraged women that they went on a 300 year crusade to eradicate this. From what I read, even in the 16th century, England fancied itself a Utopia for women.

So, I suppose as a matter of course, the US was a natural extension and accelaration of this process to Anglo-Saxon women.

So, what we see today is all according to plan, please do not look, move on, don’t dare to observe or comment.

Maybe 1984 was really more a prediction of the result of the social forces of feminism Huxley saw at the time rather than that we are told which is that it is a rant against socialism/communism. If you think of all the romatic parts, the parts about child rearing, why would a fiction writer spend so much time on gender relations in an anti-communist book?

So, don’t be surprised. Fear women. Just as you might fear a 16th century French nobleman. His life was worth alot more than yours and he could kill you at will. Read “A Tale of Two Citis” from a masculist percpective.

Laura August 18, 2010 at 07:10

If that women in the article Jabberwocky posted was overwhelmed by caring for three young children on her own (not surprising) would she have been able to just surrender custody of them to social services?

Laura August 18, 2010 at 07:19

The problem is women have been idealized and exalted way beyond what they are capable of. They are human, with the same weaknesses and faults men have. In my opinion not better or worse.

MacArthur Of The MRM August 18, 2010 at 07:21

Thank you for illuminating the beauty of female nature. This story really makes a good case for why we need more women in the MRM.

I’m a firm believer in burning such women at the stake. Barbaric? Yes. Effective? yes. After the economic and societal shit hits the fan I imagine tribunals that will send feminists to concentration camps to be burned and gassed. Before anybody gets all PC with me this is what my mind imagines on its own. In this case I’m not inclined to disagree with my mind. Feminists and their followers denounced their humanity a generation ago. They deserve no mercy..

3DShooter August 18, 2010 at 07:52

@Cloud

I wouldn’t be so hard on us over-50 types, I’d have been in favor of shoving the bitch to her knees and dispatching her with extreme prejudice on the spot. In fact I think those of us who’ve gone through the kangaroo family court meat grinder are far more radical than the young bucks who haven’t yet had the pleasure.

Davidge August 18, 2010 at 08:07

Excuses, excuses, excuses… Seems that everyone, including a lot of men unfortunately, have an excuse for everything that they do wrong. If you don’t have one, others will invent one for you.

What is lacking across the board is a strong sense of personal responsibility.

Rebel August 18, 2010 at 08:28

From what I gather, our society is in a very sad state of affairs. I wonder how we will get out of that mess.

MacArthur Of The MRM August 18, 2010 at 08:37

Davidge, so true. But unfortunately personal responsibility is related to moral responsibility which is connected to patriarchy and Christianity. And you know that we are far too enlightened to have anything to do with the dreaded Christianity. So moral absolutes and personal responsibility be damned. Isn’t it great to be free from the shackles of patriarchy and Christianity?

Anonymous August 18, 2010 at 08:48

Men were executed for witchcraft as well. More often than not, the Church would confiscate the lands of the witch or heretic so there was quite an incentive to find witches.

Insanity NOW August 18, 2010 at 09:10

Women can abort their children to the point of late-term ‘partial birth’ where the doctor basically murders the child by sucking the brains out before pulling it out of the womb.

Once you give a woman that much license to KILL, what’s stopping her from…eh…killin’ ‘em in the 6th, 7th, 9th YEAR?

Slippery slope?

Just like women and men who readily have sex even though they are infected with Aids/Herpes/Genital-Warts etc. and won’t disclose their current STD status.

This is one of many reasons why the whole PUA retardation falls apart. It’s dangerous. It’s irresponsible. It’s SUICIDAL and HOMICIDAL.

Know the woman.
Know the man.

THEN decide if you even WANT to take the chance in the genital jungle or accidental procreation.

For all you know, you’re one-night stand with some nutter may mean death of your offspring or death of YOU.

Keyster August 18, 2010 at 09:19

Witch burning was typically the result of hysterical women and the men that would pander to them. Because women have a mysterious “sense” of these things. Even centuries ago women were causing societal strife. Not much has changed relative to history; only now they have more political and financial power and control speech in the media. And powerful men continue to pander to them as a result.

“Its witchcraft” – Frank Sinatra

MacArthur Of The MRM August 18, 2010 at 09:53

I would like to elaborate on a different type of “witch hunt.” A witch hunt against freedom of speech, thought and what have you. And most Americans are in the mob. We should denounce the idea that American’s are a freedom loving bunch because they’re not. Americans love their own freedoms but they don’t think that the same rights should be extended to their fellow Americans. The fastest way to be ostracized is to express your opinion. Women especially hate freedom of speech and thought. That’s the number 1 reason they employ shit tests, to control you. But the men are no better. We have become a nation of tyrants. That’s why I’m going to shout even louder and higher up on the mountain lest they vanquish me. We are not nearly as free as we think we are.

MacArthur Of The MRM August 18, 2010 at 10:00

I forgot to mention this point in my previous post. Just like I think that women should be run out of the MRM. I also believe self-righteous bigots and tyrants of both sexes should be run out to. Once we do this the MRA will become a lean, mean fighting machine. Isn’t that what we all want?

Robert August 18, 2010 at 10:07

Laura August 18, 2010 at 07:10

Accoring to story books and movies, witches despised children and saught to destroy them.

I think social services is a feminist construct.

“In order to raise children with equality, we must take them away from families and communally raise them” (Dr. Mary Jo Bane, feminist and assistant professor of education at Wellesley College, and associate director of the school’s Center for Research on Woman).

“Marriage has existed for the benefit of men; and has been a legally sanctioned method of control over women…. We must work to destroy it. The end of the institution of marriage is a necessary condition for the liberation of women. Therefore it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands and not to live individually with men…. All of history must be re-written in terms of oppression of women. We must go back to ancient female religions like witchcraft” (from “The Declaration of Feminism,” November, 1971).

“The simple fact is that every woman must be willing to be identified as a lesbian to be fully feminist” (National NOW Times, January, 1988).

“We identify the agents of our oppression as men…….ALL MEN HAVE OPPRESSED WOMEN…..We do not need to change ourselves, but to change men……The most slanderous evasion of all is that women can oppress men.” –The Redstockings Manifesto

Robert August 18, 2010 at 10:16

The social workers who assisted liars and the state of Tennessee were all women Most of the liars who wrongfully accused my mother of being abusive and neglectful were women.

During the years of hell I spent as a “ward of the state”, all of the women in every group home and foster home (including the last foster home; which was where I was abused, tortured and raped (by the feminized foster “father”.) were all dominated by the women. I have moved on but, I can never forget the childhood I suffered.

bola August 18, 2010 at 10:16

This kind of misogynist nonsense is not what I expect to read on the spearhead. Sure, the feminists slander us all the time, but that’s no reason for us to talk out of the back of our necks.

We don’t really know why certain people were identified as witches. Coercion, rivalry, resentment towards individuals who are different would have been likely factors.

Robert August 18, 2010 at 10:19

I was almost murdered in the last foster “home”. They got away with what they did annd the state allowed this.

Laura August 18, 2010 at 10:24

Robert,
That sounds horrible. I couldn’t ever surrender custody of my children to social services, I can’t imagine many things worse. I think most parents feel the same way. I was just responding to the story Jabberwocky linked to. In the case of those kids it would have a least saved their lives. For the most part kids are better off with their own parents, though. Some of those foster homes are worse than the homes they came from, as you already know.

Robert August 18, 2010 at 10:26

bola August 18, 2010 at 10:16

“Betty Parris, her cousin Abigail Williams, and two other friends formed such a circle. Tituba, Rev. Parris’ slave whom he bought while on a trip to Barbados, would often participate in the circle. She would entertain the others with stories of witchcraft, demons, and mystic animals. Other girls soon joined their circle in the evenings to listen to Tituba’s tales and participate in fortune telling experiments. They would tell their fortunes by dropping an egg white into a glass of water and then interpret the picture it formed. However, Betty Parris and Abigail Williams began to become upset and frightened with the results of their fortunes. This, coupled with the family financial and social difficulties, likely caused the two girls to express their stress in unusual physical expressions. Samuel Parris believed this unnatural behavior to be an illness and asked Salem Village’s physician, William Griggs, to examine the girls. He did not find any physical cause for their strange behavior and concluded the girls were bewitched. …”

Robert August 18, 2010 at 10:36

Laura August 18, 2010 at 10:24
Robert,

“That which does not kill you makes you stronger”.

What I learned from those experiences, which I do not ever want to wish on anyone’s chld(ren), taught me more than most people will ever know. Of course being falsely accused of an aggravated assault that I never committed, and the woman knows it, taught me more. So did the way the state carry out a “witch trial” against me. The state will, in time, learn how they turned me into their worse and most bitter nightmare.

Feminism is filled with complexities and mysteries that too many human beings ignore.

Laura August 18, 2010 at 10:40

Robert,
I don’t know how some of these people are getting approval from the state to be foster parents when they are so clearly not suitable. They actually get paid for it. My neighbors are foster parents to one child and they are nice, responsible people. The husband especially is a decent man, the wife is okay.

bola August 18, 2010 at 10:40

Robert is a clearly a witch. Or should I say Roberta?!!!!! I say: burn her!

BURN HER!!!!

Robert August 18, 2010 at 10:41

This is not a terrorist threat. If I were a terrorist, they would have known it by now.

Robert August 18, 2010 at 10:45

bola August 18, 2010 at 10:40
Robert is a clearly a witch. Or should I say Roberta?!!!!! I say: burn her!

BURN HER!!!!

I don’t know witchcract or have any desire to know it. Btween being a witch or warrior; I have chosen being a warrior. I take into account you are joking or being sarcastic.

Snark August 18, 2010 at 10:47

Robert August 18, 2010 at 10:47

witchcraft*

Snark August 18, 2010 at 10:47

I’d like to add that three-quarters of those who accused women of being witches were other women, mostly young girls.

But they weren’t malicious. Just MISCHEVIOUS!

Rebel August 18, 2010 at 11:12

“Robert is a clearly a witch. Or should I say Roberta?!!!!! I say: burn her!

BURN HER!!!!”

Bola,
If this was not a joke (bad one), here is a rope for you.
Use it soon.

bola August 18, 2010 at 11:48

Rebel: “here is a rope for you. Use it soon.”

Sure.

*hangs Rebel*

Anonymous August 18, 2010 at 11:48

More pussypass outrage. Please post Welmer.

bola August 18, 2010 at 11:49

C’mon guys, what has a degenerate (grand)mother got to do with witch burning? This is just silly.

Anonymous August 18, 2010 at 12:50

Oh come on! European and later Colonial American witch burnings were formed in superstition and theistic beliefs and then exploited for various reasons, like political advantage and landowner disputes.

Those people actually believed in the devil and witchcraft. And by the way, men were burned as witches too. Women were often at the center, both as victim-witches as well as the finger pointers because it was believed that women were more susceptible to demonic influence and therefore more open to demonic activity. Married and devout women were often fingered, as well as the village old hag whose milky cataract spooked some superstitious farmer.

Those people did not understand germ theory, weather patterns, etc. Any unexplained phenomena was attributed to the “devil.”

Snark August 18, 2010 at 13:12

Anonymous is a witch.

zel August 18, 2010 at 13:34

Burning of books and witches was all part of the power grab by the church.

Witches are useful, it would be such a wast to have em burn again… We should just burn BITCHES instead?

(And The Bells Are Ringing Doom)
Prophecy written in horrible rime. The witches are burning the preachers this time. Scavengers feast on the bloody remains. And the pillars of earth, all in ruins are lain. Sacrificed, crucified, hate on display. As the twilight of gods now is coming this way. And the nightsky that held so much beauty before. It now holds the promise of beauty no more. When our dreams are dying, and the bells are ringing doom. Will you come with me, to the great black sea. When the mist is rising, and the world is laid to rest. We will go down deep, to eternal sleep. Stone upon stone will be laid on our souls. As the bell of damnation and terror now tolls. Corpses are piled and the fires burn high. A dead eye see clear revelations flash by. Master and servant let go of their lives. This genocide no one can hope to survive. And the night sky that held so much beauty before. It now holds the promise of beauty no more. When our faith is dying, and the bells are ringing doom. Will you come with me, to the great black sea. When the mist is rising, and the world is laid to rest. We will go down deep, to eternal sleep.

~Weh

Welmer August 18, 2010 at 13:48

I didn’t mean to have the comparison come off quite so literally. My point was that so many women are behaving so badly these days (it’s been in the news so much it’s overwhelming and I can’t even keep up with it) that it would be understandable if people were coming after them with torches and pitchforks, and maybe it was just this kind of behavior that prompted a good portion of the old-fashioned witch-burnings.

Plus, what this woman did really pissed me off.

zel August 18, 2010 at 14:00

Welmer August 18, 2010 at 13:48

Plus, what this woman did really pissed me off.

Yeah… got that Welmer(hug).

Avenger August 18, 2010 at 14:18

People havem’t really changed much in their nature since the very beginning. Many of these terms like ‘witch” “posessed by the devil” etc were just another way of saying what we would have a modern term for.
Many of these witches were old hags living on the outskirts of villages who collected poisonous plants. They would supply females with drugs to induce abortions or to poison their husbands or kids.

@ anon–because it was believed that women were more susceptible to demonic influence and therefore more open to demonic activity

That’s nonsense, they knew quite a lot. There are just as many wacky scientific and medical theories today as in the past. Most people lived as farmers in the past and they certainly understood weather patterns better than the average person today. And while physicians may not have known about bacteria etc they certainly knew that diseases could be transmitted between people.

Avenger August 18, 2010 at 14:35

That’s just another way of saying that the girls were mentally ill. If they were suffering from some poisoning (like ergot on rye, a precusor to lysergic acid) the physician would have known it even back then.

Troll King August 18, 2010 at 14:49

Well, from what ive read and studied, it appears to me that most witches, male and female, that were burned had mental problems. Were they psychotic women, or literal mentally insane.

Some other things to consider, SCARCITY. During most witch hunts there were two factors going on. Lack of food and a greater threat of outside attacks. So killing off some of the most useless parts of the population, like the mentally insane/retarded/ocd/crippled or just old women who didn’t produce kids for the village and were a waste of space frees up food and resources for the rest. Secondly, it could go the other way. If women were killing their children, then that means less soldiers, less workers and could be seen as a threat to the entire group.

Let’s not forget disease either.

I found some interesting anthropology articles awhile back, one was an excavation of an ancient brothel. They know this because they found a mass grave of babie skeletons. Back in the day a child wasn’t considered a child until about 2 yrs old, so when whores would get preggars they would just kill the babies. This was happening in multi deist and multi religious areas, many with goddess worship. So as a different, homogenous group/religion, moved across the country it wiped out these groups until they only existed in the smallest rural areas of the time. If you look at other parts of the world, you see similiar things with islam and it’s spread across africa and much of the middle east. Just like christianity has accepted or turned a blind eye to alot of practices, so has islam. In the middle east tarot reading and belief in the evil eye are rampant. I can imagine in tougher times the more dominant group, needing more food and resources, would find any reason necessary to take it from the less dominant. If your group values babies, and theirs only values babies past 2 yr’s old, that could be a great excuse to wipe them out.

new posts up. Im trying to get alot done before class starts. For any trekkies check out my ferengi quotes on women.

Anonymous August 18, 2010 at 15:13

Troll-sometimes when I write i just assume that people understand it fully and don’t go into detail. The “possessed” or mentally ill were not only a drain but downright dangerous in the days before there were asylums where they could be locked up. Female lunatics were especially dangerous (as they are today) and in the days when towns were made of wood could burn down an entire town or go around murdering children.

Incidently, the human female(and some higher primates) are not natural mothers like a dog or bird and have to learn how to be a mother and care for an infant.

Welmer August 18, 2010 at 15:47

True. And despite the standardization of terminology, most people today are just as ignorant about mental/physical health as they ever were. Community leaders back then – the intelligent, literate sorts – knew a lot more than people credit to them.

Sounds accurate to me. I think in a lot of cases calling one of these hags a “witch” may have been the most convenient way to eliminate a truly malignant influence from the community. In Scandinavia, female holdouts who still practiced sorcery in the Christian era, known as Völvas, exerted some influence on women for quite some time. They would sell them potions to entrap men, have their way, etc. Some of them, created from concoctions of potent psychoactive drugs, actually work. These potions show up in stories like Tristan and Iseult and the Völsunga saga.

A lot of the folk wisdom about witches comes directly from these women, who probably were still operating home businesses of sorts until the witch purges of the 15th-17th centuries.

Anonymous August 18, 2010 at 16:03

@ Avenger

“That’s just another way of saying that females were more susceptible to evil influences. They are.”

Horseshit. “Evil” much like “the devil” and “demons” doesn’t exist. What they defined as evil, i.e. coming from the devil, was religiously based. These were not skeptical or freethinking individuals.

And they didn’t understand all that much about germ theory. For instance, they didn’t sterlize their surgical instruments and looked at bathing and washing as somewhat dubious.

Hell, back in Puritan Colonial America, taking a walk in the woods was risky as they believed that evil spirits lurked there. If you walked alone in the woods, you were probably meeting up with the devil.

The mold on the rye is one hypothesis to explain the Salem Witch trials precisely because early physicians didn’t know about the effects of consuming of ergot infected rye and wheat.

As far as ridding the village of badly behaved women by burning them as witches, again, men were burned as well. And the reports at that time weren’t about feminists running rampant but went something like ‘the old woman looked upon my plow horse and in a fortnight, it was dead.’

MacArthur Of The MRM August 18, 2010 at 17:06

No bola, you’re just silly. There’s a stake in your future.

Jeff August 18, 2010 at 18:19

Anonymous August 18, 2010 at 12:50

“Married and devout women were often fingered…”

Lol. They sure were.

“……. as well as the village old hag whose milky cataract spooked some superstitious farmer.”

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Avenger August 18, 2010 at 20:15

Völvas? We still call them vulvas :o )

@ Anon-people knew what cataracts were and that old people got them. And I’m sure that people were smart enough to know that a hag looking at their cow couldn’t kill it with a look. Morel likely, the crazy hag that was hanging around also threw some poison in the farmer’s well. Females are nasty that way.
And the belief in evil spirits was around long before anyone heard of Jesus or Christianity. Evil spirits, devils, demons may have meant something else to people back then. Whether you label someone as posessed by an evil spirit or as a schizophrenic really doesn’t even matter because the person is mentally ill either way. It’s funny but the treatments haven’t even changed much to drive the “evil spirit”out of the mentally ill person. Dunking them in ice water, special diets, drugs, boring holes in their head etc are almost the same as today. Drugs are used today as well as ECT to shock the evil spirit to leave the body, lobotomy (still about 10k performed worldwide today) Here’s something from the 1400′s:

Tom August 18, 2010 at 21:44

And what do people burn apart from witches?

MORE WITCHES!

Wood!

Excellent. Now, does wood sink in water?

Augenblick August 19, 2010 at 06:36

As single dad says female power were widely to “burn” people mech before 20th century, it reminds me of Huxley’s “The Devils of Loudon”a true history where Urbain Grandier a Roman Catholic Priest was burned alive without any confession about “seducing an entire convent of Ursuline nuns and of being in league with the devil”. He had antagonised the Mother Superior, Sister Jeanne of the Angels, when he rejected her offer to become the “spiritual advisor” to the convent.

Augenblick August 19, 2010 at 06:39

He was a “spiritual advisor” of the most beautiful married women in the city. And the Sister Jeanne by the description of Huxley should look like Zelda Rubinstein the old lady from “Poltergeist”.

Badger Nation August 19, 2010 at 12:14

This story makes me extremely queasy, because it sounds exactly like the Fells Acres child abuse case and a handful of other 80′s sex abuse cases which turned out to be totally fabricated. In each case, a single allegation – often encouraged or planted by a well-meaning but impartial adult – exploded into as psychologists browbeat kids to the point that they flat made up the wildest allegations imaginable.

Given that they speak the truth on false rape issues, I’m actually very surprised to see the Spearhead running away with this very possibly false allegation because it fits their worldview. We’re no better than the other side if that’s what we’re doing.

Today, we have broad-based allegations of ritual sexual abuse, accusations with no corroborating evidence, allegations “uncovered” years after the fact. This has all been seen before, and linked with the fabricated hysterias.

The drinking of urine in particular was alleged in FA, and had zero corroborating evidence itself (in fact it was contradicted by other daycare teachers).

(Read more about FA at http://www.cyberussr.com/hcunn/witch/fells.html)

Second, the news story itself is extremely weakly sourced. Who are the “witnesses”? They appear to be only other children. Why are the victims not prefaced with the term “alleged”? Who gave the paper this information?

This was the real red flag for me: “Johnson, 54, was first investigated by Kent police in 2008 after a boy living at her home reported he was being physically and sexually abused by Johnson. Writing the court, a Kent detective said that investigation did not result in charges because the youth’s claims could not be substantiated.

Chronic physical and sexual abuse should leave some “substantiation.” If there was none, as the police state, I have a very hard time believing this case.

Does that all mean it’s false? Not necessarily. But we need to be serious about the likelihood this is on the level. We have only the word of children, which has been scientifically shown to be very unreliable, easily manipulated, and prone to fantastic, imaginative fiction.

People have this bias they give to children and to women (with things like rape accusations) that “they wouldn’t make it up,” or “even if it sounds wacky and implausible, there must be SOMETHING to it!”

Cases like Duke and Fells Acres show that some situations that sound too weird to be real are just that – not real.

Anonymous August 19, 2010 at 15:00

Cloud

We need to create an organization for men, by men, to vet other men like judges, sheriffs, politicians, and so on. If they pass muster then they get our seal of approval. Basically what NOW does, but for men’s issues. WHY HASN’T THIS HAPPENED YET???!!! The closest thing I can find is Fathers & Families that Glen Sacks coordinates.

We could even have some fun with the naming and make it a bit manly. Come on guys, help me come up with some nifty manly acronyms.

Nutz August 19, 2010 at 15:01

Cloud

Reality Check August 19, 2010 at 16:30

Robert,

What was the religion of the liars and your abusers?

steyraug96 August 19, 2010 at 21:11

Tom,
I know it’s a “NAWALT”, but – depends on the wood.
Ironwood sinks, Balsa, Pine, Hickory, Maple will float.

All about the density.

Course, the human body is JUST about right to float by default. So, float, you’re a witch; sink, you’re not a witch, but you drown. Cool, huh? :-D

Robert August 20, 2010 at 00:10

Reality Check August 19, 2010 at 16:30
Robert,

What was the religion of the liars and your abusers?

They were supposedly christian.

Robert August 20, 2010 at 00:12

They did things that would make even satanists and the Marquis de sade sick to their stomach’s.

Harrytoo August 20, 2010 at 04:38

Let’s not forget Jean d’Arc wasn’t the only person burned at the stake ‘for messing with a powerful plutocracy and theocracy’. The feminist view that she was victimized and far from accurate when you realise the ruling classes would have found ANY reason to denounce her.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;

Laura August 18, 2010 at 06:09

”My husband will sometimes question my parenting and I think that is a good thing.”

I wonder if he questions you when he comes home and you turn to him and say ” The kids have been driving me crackers all day, please have a word”.

Does he ask you who with? Them because of bad behaviour or you, for being unable to keep some kids in check. Does help women to have this tool in their arsenal of manipulation techniques. 1: It ‘emphasizes’ how difficult ‘your’ life is. 2: It turns daddy into the big bad wolf. Don’t forget to keep the ironing until he’s sat down, to ‘emphasize’ how you haven’t stopped all day.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Seems women have been this way for a very long time.
………………
MacArthur Of The MRM August 18, 2010 at 09:53

”Women especially hate freedom of speech and thought.”

Though now they want to place a gag in men socially and personally. Women can be such wonderful hypocrites. Political correctness, their shield for silence, back door fascism.

SingleDad August 20, 2010 at 15:59

It seems that female emotional domestic violence was well known to be devastating to relationships and the community as long as 500 years ago.

Now in recent times we are told that women are perfect and all is menz fault.

No wonder the feminists don’t want us to know true gender political history.

It is time to rediscover history as it seems were have been systematically mislead.

These articles have made me hungry to learn more. Thanks.

Harrytoo August 22, 2010 at 07:52

SingleDad August 20, 2010 at 15:59

Try researching the industrial revolution and the working time practices of men women and children. You should find somewhere that one of the milestones in working hours was when ‘women and children’s’ working hours were dropped to 8hrs a day. Men’s remained at around 12-16. I can’t find anywhere mentioning that women ‘hated being likened to children’ then.

Laura August 22, 2010 at 11:43

That wouldn’t surprise me. When I work on something with my husband he is almost always able to work harder and longer than I am. If you factor into it the times women were either pregnant or breastfeeding, which is physically tiring, women are going to be less productive than men.
I remember my very uncomfortably pregnant aunt once saying, “I now understand why women have accomplished so much less than men”.

Harrytoo August 22, 2010 at 12:47

Laura August 22, 2010 at 11:43

It really is time women accept that with their natural gift comes drawbacks.

trent13 August 22, 2010 at 13:07

The unmitigated power that social services has scares the crap out of me – a friend couple of mine almost had all three of their children taken away when one of their sons broke his arm (an accident involving a cousin tipping over a stroller) – off the word of a lab technician who claimed that they saw evidence of child abuse (and, not that these parents are afraid to discipline when needed, but child abuse? out of the question). They very nearly didn’t have a choice about surrendering their children over to social services, and neither would you if they ever thought your responses weren’t reasonable to satisfy them. And if that did happen, what are you going to do about it? Not to mention that the head of Child social services in Fl was involved in a big kiddie porn ring – so much for social services being “all about the children.”

It’s outrageous that any parent would be given the third degree for disciplining their child – and yet, given the different extremes society has fallen to (abuse on the one hand, give the kid whatever he wants on the other), I can see that at a certain point, when morality is not there to guide people’s views on how they should raise their children, the state (and society at large) will consider it a necessary duty to perform on behalf of the parents – but that was all part of the plan, of course.

As to witches, it is quite possible that a few women were killed from fear and hysteria, but I have heard of too many possession cases from heavily prone witch areas in the NE to believe that most were put to death without good reason. Although, the whole sink or float thing was pretty backwards and stupid.

And I did take the witch-grandma parallel literally – it sounded like what someone who was in cahoots with the devil would do, and it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case – or it could just be a sick, sick fetish. Either way, she’s got a lot to answer for, and death by hanging would be an appropriate punishment.

CashingOut August 23, 2010 at 08:50

It doesn’t surprise me that the social services didn’t respond to the first allegation of child abuse: social services is a feminist tool and a money making object, and they won’t make a move unless it will further their agenda and make them and the state money.

I’m in the thick of it with social services right now, and let me tell you, it’s not about the law, not about truth, not about investigation, and not about facts. It’s about who knows who, and how the particular judge/magistrate you are dealing with feels at the time. I personally am being kept from seeing a relative by social services, and the case has never even entered a courtroom, I haven’t even been convicted or ACCUSED of a crime. I know other people who are being kept out of appeals court, have been disqualified from appeals to see their OWN RELATIVES by judges, people who have lost relatives to people who the judge turns around and admits MIGHT be abusers. All of this facilitated by social services.

Social Services is scum, they’re just a moneymaking and indoctination tool used to get at children and the elderly who cannot defend themselves from them, and their initials are apt.

Sha September 13, 2010 at 10:02

sounds like a feminist to me !!!!