The Word is Getting Out There

by W.F. Price on August 16, 2010

We’ve had record heat in the Seattle area for the last few days, so I’ve been getting out a bit – especially in the evening when it’s pleasant – and catching up with old friends. On Saturday evening, I went to a little get together just north of town, and spent the evening with a friend I’ve known since I was in junior high. He’s working-class guy who grew up with a single mother and spent most of his youth in a dissolute manner, sleeping with scores of women, getting high and just working enough to keep a roof over his head and food on his table.

I guess he could be described as “alpha,” because he has had pretty phenomenal success as far as getting laid is concerned, but while we were catching up he told me he wasn’t proud of how he’d lived life as a youth. Now in his mid 30s, he’s settled down with a woman who absolutely adores him, and as far as I know he’s totally faithful to her. He’s a good-looking man, a “tall, dark and handsome” type with strong features, an impressive physique, dark hair and blue eyes. I’m sure he’d have little trouble picking up a woman at a bar, but apparently those days are over. My friend, who I’ll call “D,” actually expressed some regret about his promiscuity. He said he felt as though it deprived him of some of his value as a partner in a long-term relationship, and had introduced an element of cynicism to sex itself.

As we were musing on the follies and tragedies of our youths, which were fairly epic and in some cases very funny and therefore made for good conversation, I noticed something a bit odd. The women, who were generally younger than the men (although the men at the house ranged in age from about 20 to 40), were very polite and deferential. They fetched us beer, cooked and generally looked after their boyfriends. As I spoke with my friend and the other men, they did not butt in and remained silent and respectful. I thought that might have been because they were a bit younger than us, but on second thought I’ve noticed that age didn’t stop women from blabbing when I was in my 20s, and even the younger men were deferred to.

Maybe it was because I had travelled a few miles out of town that the women were behaving differently, but then again, I think there’s a generational component to it. Women around my age (mid 30s) give or take some years, are amongst the most heavily indoctrinated feminists on the planet. Not only do they expect to be deferred to, they also expect to socially dominate wherever they are, be it work, home, school or out on the town. It seems to me that women who are somewhat younger are not all that committed to this kind of behavior, and younger men, as I found out that evening, are all too aware of what men face in society.

Somehow, while D and I were talking, some of the other men started to bring up issues of unfairness in domestic violence cases, family law and so forth. None of them knew about The Spearhead, and D, not being much of a reader, doesn’t even know what it’s about, so they didn’t bring these matters up because of me. It was one of those topics that just comes up because it’s on a lot of people’s minds. Because I don’t really like to mix work and friendship, I didn’t say anything about The Spearhead, but was happy to give them some background on VAWA, family law procedures, and other technical matters pertaining to marriage 2.0. While doing so, I noticed that they were very interested in these things, and cared a great deal. About half of the men had children, some of them were in relationships, and at least one had been married, but whether or not they’d been put through the wringer they all had a basic understanding that as it stands today men are screwed. One of them even said marriage is a sham, and should be avoided at all costs. They didn’t even care that there were young women sitting silently and listening to them.

I have to admit that this was a real eye-opener for me. Because I spend most of my free time with my children or alone, and most of my productive time alone, I don’t have the opportunity to take the pulse of the common man all that often, so to see first hand that there’s been a real growth in consciousness about these issues both surprised and pleased me. That ordinary guys, after the football game is over, get together and discuss the problems of contemporary family law is a huge change from ten years or so ago. Sure, there have long been groups of men who tried to warn us and organized themselves to change the law, but now it’s gone mainstream. To me, seeing it happen so suddenly is like visiting a family some years after they had a child, and seeing not a baby, but a lanky adolescent. The change can be quite striking.

So I think we ought to take heart, and use this progress as motivation to keep it up. I don’t think I’d be taking too much credit in saying that The Spearhead has played a part in this, so I do feel vindicated for putting as much time into it as I have. If this growing awareness continues to expand, we may see some real changes from the status quo within the decade.

Snark August 16, 2010 at 14:03

I, too, have noticed a change – just below the surface, something is there, which was not there previously.

At the moment, it assumes the form of comments. Comments which could be termed passive-aggressive, which can easily be retroactively declared to have been in jest; but nonetheless, comments which were not there before.

I speak, of course, of comments from men, in recognition of women’s over-entitlement and the acknowledgement of their own sex having drawn the short straw.

Men are not confident enough to speak up yet. It is but a murmur. A collective murmur which lacks the courage to carry itself yet. But I am a relatively young man, and in my own lifetime there has been a change, because I hear this murmur where before there was only silence.

And trivial as the comments are delivered, one who is perceptive to these issues does register sudden flashes of white-hot anger amidst the passive aggression, quickly concealed.

Yes, discontent is growing. And it is a discontent among men, at women. More specifically, at misandry; ‘misandry’ may still only be a code word, and most men who are becoming angry do not have the benefit of the vast conceptual counter-feminist resources that we have developed and shared for years; they likely do not even identify their enemy as a movement called ‘feminism’.

Nevertheless, they FEEL the misandry. How could they not? And this is what matters.

I see you, Welmer, and all the others like you, as the men who are standing up in this murmuring crowd, making a huge fuss, and exhorting the other men to raise their voices too.

Indeed, if not for these kind of actions, the silence may never have become a murmuring.

We have the internet to thank for this: no other medium could have let disaffected and persecuted men know that … YOU AIN’T ALONE, BROTHER.

Beltain August 16, 2010 at 14:24

It’s finally touching men enough for them to take note. I was recently at a small (30 people or so) social gathering and noticed that almost every woman there was either a government employee or an elementary school teacher. Most of the men had been stuck in warehouse, construction or some other low end job despite several of them having a higher education than the women. The disparity did not go un-noticed or un-remarked on.

Laura August 16, 2010 at 14:26

I have noticed a change also, not just in the opinions of the men in my life, but also the women.

Laura August 16, 2010 at 14:30

Beltain,
My mother works in an elementary school. Some of the teachers, mostly older ones, are extremely spoiled and entitled. They have the kind of job security that most people could only dream about. Things my mom tells me about them and their demands are one of the reasons I can relate to a lot of the men on here.

3DShooter August 16, 2010 at 14:30

The word is spreading and in some rather in your face ways as this article from angiemedia.com shows:

The tyrants of the family courts may well be worrying about the mobs with torches and pitch-forks heading their way. They have good reason to be worried . . .

Laura August 16, 2010 at 14:42

Welmer,
Sorry to keep commenting, but I just want to say one more thing. I’m also in my mid-thirties and I do think you are right about women my age being the most entitled of them all. I think back to different times in my life and realize I was a little like that. We’re not really where it’s at anymore, though.
A close family member got married recently. I was not invited to the wedding I think mainly because I am on the groom’s father’s side and his parents are divorced. His ex-wife has been trying to punish him for 20 years. I am not upset that I was not invited, but I heard some things about how the father of the groom was treated that angered me. He was put at a far away table and was not allowed in any pictures. His ex-wife was extremely rude to the handful of guests he was allowed to invite. Apparently he was even asked by his son not to attend the rehearsal dinner he was paying for because his ex -wife would feel uncomfortable. (he did attend, but was unable to give a speech he had worked on for weeks). Why is this BITCH allowed to treat someone who is a decent man like this?

Beltain August 16, 2010 at 14:45

Laura

Yep it was my adventure into education while I was picking up my secondary teaching certification that opened my eyes to the double standards. In all fairness though I do live in a capital city so there are so many government jobs that the female to male bias in that area is kinda hard not to notice.

The scary part is that the recent 26 billion “save the progressive/feminist teachers bill” has in place legislation that requires the States to spend the same amount or more on education next year so these pampered teachers will be sure to have a job again even if the economy continues to decline.

The feminist don’t miss a trick.

keyster August 16, 2010 at 14:51

It can be geographic too. I moved from hopelessly feminist Boulder to Austin a couple of years ago and the women down south are MUCH nicer. I’ve held court at a few parties when a gender issue is broached, where I commence to intellectually fillet some strident fembot. (It’s almost not fair; like we’re in a fight to the death, only I have a shotgun.) I’m amazed at how attentive and interested people are in these issue. It’s pretty intense. It’s more the younger ones. They know something is very wrong and they’d like someone to explain to them what it is.

Yeah, it’s going on. Feminism has jumped the shark with this generation of 20-somethings. With the economy teetering and the world order looking a bit unstable, women are starting to make nice with men. It’s as if they’re hedging their bets.

Everyone should get out more and engage the prolatariat. It’s a tiny, tiny world when you think about where you’re living.

Laura August 16, 2010 at 14:52

Beltain,
You wouldn’t even believe how spoiled and obnoxious some of these teachers are. They act like asking them to actually do there job is putting them out somehow. My mom used to be kind of a feminist. After years of working with other women and also seeing some of her male friends get taken advantage of by ex-wives in divorce she no longer is.

Snark August 16, 2010 at 15:14

There’s only one thing to say to this – they sure are.

Hedging their bets, I mean.

Playing the RATIONAL ACTORS, in economic / game theory speak.

And keep in mind, that ACTING is precisely what many of them are doing!

‘Making nice’, is kind of like an insurance policy. How do you feel about that, betas? You are, as you always were, the backup plan.

And now that massive public sector cuts loom, and the job market dries up, a lot of women are thinking they might CASH IN … by paying a lot in at the last minute.

HA!

Let’s not fall for this, or the whole damn cycle begins again …

Laura August 16, 2010 at 15:23

A close family member got married recently. I was not invited to the wedding, I believe because I am on the groom’s father’s side and the groom’s parents are divorced. I was personally okay with it, but the groom’s mother was allowed to invite her entire huge family, friends and neighbors and the groom’s father got one table of guests. His table was placed a far away as possible and he was not allowed in any pictures. He was also not allowed to give a speech he had been working on at the rehearsal dinner he was paying for because his ex-wife would feel uncomfortable. His ex-wife was also very rude to the few guest he was allowed to invite. Why is this BITCH allowed to treat a decent man like this? Why are women allowed to get away with this?

Snark August 16, 2010 at 15:28

Goodness gracious me, Laura. Do you mean to suggest that a man should have the right to do anything which makes a woman feel ‘uncomfortable’? Don’t you understand how a woman’s right to be pampered overrules a man’s right to do, well, anything?

Gurgurant August 16, 2010 at 15:34

“Why is this BITCH allowed to treat a decent man like this? Why are women allowed to get away with this?”

Because a good 90% of men are complete pussies who tolerate it. Male pussification is the fundamental problem that MRAs need to focus on. If every man just said “NO, that shit’s not going to fly” to women, then feminism would cease to exist.

Zammo August 16, 2010 at 15:40

Go to website forums where men are to be found – guns, motorcycles, cars, body-building, etc.

See the “off topic” posts.

Men know the score regarding relationships, feminism, marriage, and the like. They even use the same words and phrases.

The word is indeed out.

Next step: more political action.

Laura August 16, 2010 at 16:19

Gurgurant,
I agree. I feel this man’s son should have stuck up for his father and told his mother she wasn’t going to be allowed treat him that way. He is in his 20′s and I guess it isn’t easy to do. Plus his father is remarried to a wonderful woman who adores him and his mother is still single (no surprise) and maybe she uses that to make him feel sorry for her.
My parents are divorced and I didn’t invite my father to my college graduation. I was under pressure from my mother not to. Anyway, my father has since passed away and I now feel extremely guilty about it. I also am resentful towards my mother because of it. My father definitely had his faults, but kids still always love their fathers, no matter how much their mother dislikes him. These women who try to punish their ex-husbands with their children are going to pay with their children’s hatred in years to come.

the universe August 16, 2010 at 16:27

“Men are not confident enough to speak up yet. It is but a murmur. A collective murmur which lacks the courage to carry itself yet.” (snark)
– Nor have many men in the past been that outspoken. The resourses to do so were not as readily available as today. People in the 1960s through to the 90s were constantly media blitzkrieged with heavily government funded mediocre information few were prepared to effectively counter should the chance be made available, which it wasn’t. Then as is now feminist doctrine remains unchallenged, deeply politicized and most of all non-sensical. It cannot withstand much challenge. Hence, the enormous government funding (exclusive female programs and commissions) plus private foundation donation to keep it afloat. Other-wise this globalization/free trade/taxation vessel sinks.
“When men are emboldened enough to speak as brazenly, bluntly, and remorselessly in real life as they do online, things will change.” (snark)
“I’m amazed at how attentive and interested people are in these issue. It’s pretty intense. It’s more the younger ones. They know something is very wrong and they’d like someone to explain to them what it is.” (keyster)
– This is where we come in, at least as an on online presence. Keep putting out and discussing discovered and acquired info. (Speaking for myself, I have no internet bragging rights to anything as I have no ‘net site to take a stand with. Really, I can’t be bothered. There are already too many). As much as we do not have to agree on much things except pro men’s issues or even like each other, the common target for us all is exposing the nonsense and the forces supporting this and then defeating this combined scourge upon humanity. And not one shot will have to be fired. It’ll be slow, I know (I’ve been waiting for such times as these since the middle 1980s). But with attentive slowness comes the sureness of mastery.
Stand back and look at what has been accomplished so far. The scant, in comparison, information about men’s issues currently available here on the ‘net and from numerous other sources is already enough to neutralize feminism and more. And, the cost to arrive here has been grossly and obscenely minimal in comparison as well.
The regions we all reside in can be described as being the worst of the worst where poison feminism is an issue. The thing to remember is that even national boundaries are superceded beyond the little domains we inhabit. The beast we are dealing with is politically international in scope and its head resides at 2 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017.
Info sharing is a way of solving problems. Mohandis Gandi apparantly once said, “Being aware of what causes a problem can be the first step toward doing something about it”. When thousands of men have proper and correct information as their battle provisions firmly intact not only is this a force to be reckoned with but is exponentially transferable to others.

Anti Idiocy August 16, 2010 at 16:52

I had the misfortune of growing up as a Baby Boomer male. I actually started speaking up soon after the females my age started spitting their hatred into men’s faces, but I was alone. And I don’t mean almost alone. I mean ALONE.

For years this went on, and I have to say that, while other men soon started supporting the hatred pretty much universally, and the women either heartily agreed or maintained a generally smug silence, I found I was getting laid by more women than just about any other guy I knew. (I will add that, as far as looks go, I would guess that I was about a 7 in women’s eyes. Something else was going on.)

I’ve since gotten to know a number of gen-X men and women, and they’ve followed in their parents’ footsteps. I have, however, also noted that younger men are no longer so compliant. The younger women will take note.

If the economy hits the fan, and I think that the developed world is in a state of long term serious decline, then women will become more dependent on the wallets of men who are survivors (especially given significant government layoffs, especially at municipal and state levels), and they will be dealing with less sympathetic men than in the past.

Just a ramble, I guess.

Anti Idiocy August 16, 2010 at 16:53

@Zammo
“Imagine a third-party political candidate who builds his campaign on men’s issues. The first guy will fail. But subsequent candidates will really get things moving along…”

The first guy already failed, when Warren Farrell ran for governor of California. Time for lots more.

Anonymous August 16, 2010 at 17:07

Snark August 16, 2010 at 15:14
There’s only one thing to say to this – they sure are.
Hedging their bets, I mean.
Playing the RATIONAL ACTORS, in economic / game theory speak.
And keep in mind, that ACTING is precisely what many of them are doing!
HA!
Let’s not fall for this, or the whole damn cycle begins again …

– If the men of the present and fuure have the heart and stomach for this: remember and squarely deal with those who unfairly excluded employment from you through affirm.action or employ.equity programs or had you fired or jailed through planned subterfuge or who looked down their collective noses at you because you were “male” or who wouldn’t so much as look your way because of your employment status, etc., etc.
‘Squarely deal’ means something resembling stern lectures and subsequent avoidance.
Remember that a whole generation, and more, of men and boys were thrown to the wolves basis a poorly defined social movement with factually unsupportable data sanctioned by the public purse yet allowed to continue. Politically sweeping this scourge from away from public import would be a just start.
“Bring on the hounds!”

the universe August 16, 2010 at 17:19

Oops, forgot to include my moniker and e-mail address with the one above at 17:07

Avenger August 16, 2010 at 17:30

It’s called leking, Welmer. They’re sizing up the men to see who’s the Alpha. Females don’t really care about ideals or right and wrong.

Welmer August 16, 2010 at 17:59

Never heard of leking before, but that wasn’t exactly what’s going on. Of course, there’s always posturing, and my friend D is never one to shrink from putting on a display, but the men in this circumstance were essentially ignoring the women. If there was any alpha posturing going on, it was intra-male.

A funny thing is that despite my buddy’s incessant posturing, he gives me a great deal of respect because I always argue rationally and try to teach people while making a point. I enjoy teaching men and boys a great deal, and can be very patient in doing so. Men of all sorts tend to instinctively understand that, and appreciate it quite a bit. Sometimes, while I’m doing so, women butt in and make it all about them, but in this case they kept their mouths shut and allowed us men to have a constructive conversation, and we all came out the better for it.

Lovekraft August 16, 2010 at 18:18

by a 41 year old survivor of PC, genderwars and countless other insidious echoes of the past:

I got the education, the job, the home. Safe and secure. I thought it would attract her. The incarnation was, after years of financial struggle and alienation, in the form of a single mother, who also came from a hard background.
First major hurdle was prying her away from the hive, and realigning her political/social views to accommodate the MALE JUDGE.
So much struggle ensued, where crashing down we are left trying to sift through the rubble. At age 41, shouldn’t I as a man have some “entitlement”, or has this word become tainted by design? Shouldn’t I have a warm companion, as opposed to a rebel?
Safe is how I entered and safe is how I remain. But the internal damage is thus: If what I provided was coming from an instinctive, therefore purer, source, and was insufficient, do I conform to their needs, or maintain traditional views?

Answer: would the warrior bow to the petty, filthy god?

postscript: why the melodrama and crypticity? To filter out the numb and perhaps motivate a few to expand, for I speak of our survival.

Troll King August 16, 2010 at 18:53

A little off topic, but hanna rosin from the ‘end of men’ article and ann friedman from feministing talk about all sorts of stuff, especially the end of men. Just look at the manjaws and try to count the number times these females say. ” I FEEL it’s like this…”

Damn, just listening to these females hurts my ears. The biggest difference between men and women is how we talk, ” um um um, like, um, so, so so, um like, um….” lulz

Herbal Essence August 16, 2010 at 19:06

Avenger-”They’re sizing up the men to see who’s the Alpha.”

I picked up pretty early on in my young adulthood this was going on. Unfortunately for brainy types, women do not necessarily perceive the winner of the argument as the Alpha. Especially if the winner of the argument commits the unforgiveable sin of being nerdy and/or slightly awkward.

Fuck logic, rhetoric, and evolving the human condition. It’s all about the vaj tingle for women.

Welmer August 16, 2010 at 19:12

For the women, perhaps, but why care about that? I’m really not out to impress women when I’m talking to men, and I don’t think other men should worry about that either. All that does is cause the kind of white knighting idiocy that we’ve long been complaining about.

MacArthur Of The MRM August 16, 2010 at 19:15

I once heard a remark on a men’s blog that went:

FEMINISM WON ONE ARGUMENT AT A TIME!

That really stuck with me and it’s so true. But people, this men’s revolt is much more than a murmur. It’s a bubbling cauldron and an active volcano ready to erupt. I was at a rap session with fellow veterans and we were discussing how to improve our lives. Some men said they had to put their women in their place. Others said that the bad economy was causing women to get uppity. I saw this as my opening. I said that we need to turn off the tv because it is the most dangerous weapon that we face. I mentioned several forms of male-bashing but most of all I jumped on the glorification of women. There were about 25 men present and the room practically exploded. The subject made for lively conversation. Several people asked to read a copy of my anti-feminist book titled, “How To Train Your Woman” and another bought a copy.

Women had better start hedging their bets because the feminist gravy is coming to a screeching halt. But of course they’ve already gotten wind of this.

MacArthur Of The MRM August 16, 2010 at 19:22

Lovekraft you don’t have to settle for a rebel. Matter of fact it’s possible to turn a rebel into a lady. And if you think about it all women are rebelling.
And stick to the traditional because it works. Human nature hasn’t changed and women are still not our equal. New ideas and ideologies are for the birds. They always fail. Check out:

http://www.the no nonsense man.com and

MacArthur Of The MRM August 16, 2010 at 19:23

http://www.thenononsenseman.com and

Herbal Essence August 16, 2010 at 19:25

Welmer-”What’s between a woman’s legs is seriously overrated, and guys who’ve been there enough know that better than anyone.”

True. And yes, I agree “attracting women” should be about the furthest thing from our minds when we have a constructive intellectual discussion as men.

Avenger August 16, 2010 at 19:28

Welmer- I didn’t actually mean the winner by male standards but by how the female distinguishes certain Alpha traits.
and btw, I noticed that you said you were only in your 30′s which means that no matter how indifferent you believe in your mind you are to females, you are still being influenced by them.
Your moment of enlightenment is in the future when certain circuits of the brain are activated and you become completely enlightened and understand all. At your age they are still blocked. Contrary to what most people believe, the male brain has a further stage of developement. When it happens everything will be clear to you.
Anyone on here over 50? Comment.

TFH August 16, 2010 at 19:33

Welmer,

Good work. I also bring the topic up with new guys whenever I can.

Ever since the start of the year, I see a distinct and growing divide amongst men, and more and more men are falling into one of two categories :

a) Men who are slowly getting a clue.
b) ‘Men’ who are doubling down on their whiteknighting/pedestalizing.

The fence is falling away, and men are distinctly ending up on one of these two sides.

This will continue to become more and more distinct of a division.

Keep your eyes open for more and more indications of this.

Avenger August 16, 2010 at 19:36

Welmer: you did not understand it. It’s not the men intentionally trying to peacock. They’re just talking. The females are playing stupid and not talking much so they can concentrate on evaluating the men.

TFH August 16, 2010 at 19:37

It certainly has. At the end of the evening, you should have told your friends from that gathering about The Spearhead, and if you didn’t, email them.

When you write a major, major article, send it to them. I get a lot out of sending follow-ups to people on topics we discussed, even months later. That is how I have so much traffic on The Futurist despite writing very infrequently.

I will say that The Misandry Bubble also played a role in awareness, not just due to its content, but its timing, exactly on 1/1/2010. I explicitly framed it as the ‘issue of the 201x decade’. That article is still about half of my traffic 7.5 months later, and it has thus gotten ~135,000 visits and ~200,000 pageviews, and going strong.

TFH August 16, 2010 at 19:40

YES. Before 2020, as I have always said.

Uncle Elmer August 16, 2010 at 19:41

TFH August 16, 2010 at 19:47

And it is a discontent among men, at women.

There is still too much fury towards the average woman, and too little towards whiteknights/manginas.

The hierarchy of misandric zeal and sadism is :

Militant feminist > whiteknight/mangina > average woman.

Vengeance should be allocated accordingly, rather than in a scattergun manner that gives whiteknights a free pass.

Avenger August 16, 2010 at 19:51

TFH: feminism fell apart years ago. What we’re doing now is the mopping up operation for any stragglers.

Avenger August 16, 2010 at 19:51

Avenger August 16, 2010 at 19:53

Elmer: I hadn’t observed that but then I don’t look at men’s balls.

Uncle Elmer August 16, 2010 at 19:56

Anyone on here over 50? Comment.

I’m 53, and still get a woodie every day. Sad though, as my import bride had to return home today to see her sick mother. Uncle Elmer’s gonna be cuffin his carrot for awhile.

As for enlightenment, closest I got was when I returned to Cambodia one time to see (my then) fiance and took her to the clinic. Doctor said she still had syph. I’m thinkin, we took care of that last time, and I just licked her pussy and rogured her. Doctor was talkin about how the spirochete burrows into the skin as he sank a gigantic needle into her ass. I felt faint, then sat down and pulled over a trashcan into which I vomited the orange-curry noodles I had eaten earlier. I mean, Uncle Elmer has woken up with ulcerating sores on the pecker and knows what a white knuckler that can be. Then I went dizzy, some kind of hallucination of my fiance’s crazy face and those huge Bhudda heads near Angkor Wat. It was cool, like in the movies. I came to and thought, those noodles were pretty good, gotta get some more.

Oh yeah, customs wouldn’t let me bring that girl back but later I managed to get a real sweetheart from Vn. Difficult to get a girl out of Cambodia. But that music, oh man. My sister-in-law hears the Khmer music when she calls and asks my wife, “why didn’t he marry a Cambodian woman”. I tried, I tried.

Paradoxotaur August 16, 2010 at 20:01

@ Uncle Elmer: “Fascinating. But I looked for the answer to “why do men scratch their balls at traffic lights?” and found nothing. Can someone explain it in evolutionary terms?”

Re: whiteknights- I doubt they will be given a free pass. I predict that the gender feminists will devour some (we’ve already seen a bit of that), and many others will bail when they see their fate. Another thing the Internet is good for is a deep and broad institutional memory. I doubt many will be able to hide.

Uncle Elmer August 16, 2010 at 20:16

BTW, the story I just related is copyrighted. I’m shopping it around Hollywood under the title “Eat, Prey, Rogure”, a funny, bittersweet story about one crusty cracker’s journey to spiritual oneness.

Guys, men scratch their nuts at traffic lights because they don’t have makeup to put on. If you look at it in evolutionary terms, it makes perfect sense.

V3N0M1300 August 16, 2010 at 20:17

Why do men scratch their balls at traffic lights?

Maybe because their balls itch.

Beltain August 16, 2010 at 20:25

Why do men scratch their balls at traffic lights?

Anonymous August 16, 2010 at 20:43

Uncle Elmer, what a coincidence. Two years ago I wrote an anti-feminist screenplay titled “At Gunpoint.”

I scratch my balls at the stoplight to make sure they’re still there.

Avenger August 16, 2010 at 21:46

Elmer, excellent. Perhaps you can write a Naked Lunch type book

Gorbachev August 16, 2010 at 21:58

Feminism is still the reigning creed. But it’s under coherent assault on all sides, and is retreating into mystical, magical irrationalism.

The first to go will be gender-feminism, and it’ll be women who bury it.

greyghost August 16, 2010 at 22:46

I don’t think we need to start sucking each others dick quite yet,some guy is probably on his way to prison on a false rape claim right now. When I see an article in MSM about the “alarming numbers of lonely middle aged women” that is something to cheer. But overall I’m glad to here men that are not into or aware of MRM are aware of something being wrong. Outstanding work Welmer and all of you guys.

white and nerdy August 16, 2010 at 22:52

Yes the word is getting out there. I’m surprised how often I hear men talking about these issues.

What this means is that it is time to start fighting back. I created a page on my blog for submitting and discussing ideas on how to fight back against women and manginas because the most powerful thing about the internet is men communicating directly to each other. With new ideas on how to fight back we can win against women and manginas and get our freedom back.

Robert August 17, 2010 at 02:11

3DShooter August 16, 2010 at 14:30

The criminal court systems should also be worried. There are varying levels of disparagement and misandry in each as well.

Robert August 17, 2010 at 02:15

I had a guest, who stayed here at the hotel i work at, who knew Catherine McKinnon. Both work at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. He said she was crazy and not very well respected by non feminist students, male and/or female.

Anonymous August 17, 2010 at 03:00

Half the time find myself having to rein people in whether on the subject of feminism or any of the other hot button ‘death of the West’ issues. Change is certainly in the air, whether it’s deep enough, coherent enough and early enough to bring any improvement about is the $64,000 question.

Only thank God for the Internet.

Troll King August 17, 2010 at 03:58

I was trolling around and found this blog, it’s now defunct but only by about a year. It was/is written by a indian man, haven’t read the blog much but the first page I landed on was called I hate women and had a huge number of responses.

Just read through the comments to get a pulse on how many men are sick of it, alot of reformed nice guys in there too.

Jabberwocky August 17, 2010 at 05:21

Ya’ll, a serious question deserves a serious answer. Women may be reading who need to know this stuff. Spermatozoon, the male gamete (because it has game?), is a fragile. slimy tadpole that has profound affect but a fragile a short life. For it to live and function properly it must exist in a very specific environment. One factor of importance is temperature. To help with temperature regulation our scrotum dangles on the outside of our body to keep it cool and retracts into the warmth or our inner thighs to heat up. You will notice also that our balls are harry, but not too harry. This hair actually allows sweat to more efficiently evaporate off by creating more surface area when are marbles (I’m more of a pool ball man) need to cool off. The hair above our cock and ball area, to use a technical term, conversely provides warmth when our balls need to retract due to cold air. Due to the one two punch (not the best choice of words) of having scruffy balls that dangle, they are prone to create a lot of random friction that creates tingles (not the good kind) and itch. Also, due to having two spheres connected to two tubes that dangle in a floppable and contortional flesh bag (which allows the balls to slip and slide to the side when being struck, crushed, or perhaps simply banged back and forth with the inner thighs while running) they will often need positional adjustment.

As an MRA who sits on the coach in front of the TV with my hands down my pants, I believe it should be one of the rights we fight for to be able to scratch and adjust our nut-sack in public just as women can breastfeed.

Carnivore August 17, 2010 at 05:24

Yup, being the eternal pessimist on these issues, I agree. The other half of the equation is the economy. If it really tanks and the government is forced dump the do-nothing female jobs, women will do what they’ve always done in times of trouble – cling to and hide behind their men.

Troll King August 17, 2010 at 05:48

Lulz Jabber, that’s the best thing ive read on a mra site in a long time.

Robert August 17, 2010 at 06:15

Carnivore August 17, 2010 at 05:24

Those who have men. As far as the others, they need to rethink their precarious positions.

Robert August 17, 2010 at 06:17

Troll King August 17, 2010 at 05:48

Lulz Jabber, that’s the best thing ive read on a mra site in a long time.

I second the thought!

MacArthur Of The MRM August 17, 2010 at 07:10

Uncle Elmer my name became anonymous. I wrote the screenplay, “At Gunpoint.” And scratch my balls to make sure they’re still there.

Uncle Elmer August 17, 2010 at 08:18

“Because it feels good and they don’t need to steer, hence they have a free hand to do so. Any other questions?”

And that is the soul of man, forever restless with his hands, from which sprang civilization.

“Maybe because their balls itch.”

Yet simplistic and utilitarian.

“Because the chick usually raises her head to see why the car stopped so I have room to reach them then…..”

A real man sees life through the prism of satisfying his own needs. He is aggressive, not passive, and takes care of his wants without apology.

“I scratch my balls at the stoplight to make sure they’re still there.”

If you just dropped off a feminist from your dinner-date, you had better check them. Or as R.Don Steele put it “make sure she doesn’t take them home in her purse”

Again, I posit, is because they have no makeup to apply.

““At Gunpoint.”

Starring Alan Alda? Or Tom Hanks? Or Denzel Warshington Jr, the “black” Tom Hanks?

“I believe it should be one of the rights we fight for to be able to scratch and adjust our nut-sack in public just as women can breastfeed.”

I dunno. Whenever I see a young man grabbing his dick I want to smack him one. Do we need to mimic feminist’s most egregious outrages?

Excellent evo-babble though Jabber. I think about this shit all the time, even belong to the local paleontology society. When I’m bonin my babe I ponder vertebrate evolution from the primitive notochord and the persistence of patterns.

Thanks for the laffs, guys.

Wulf August 17, 2010 at 08:39

Thanks for this post, Welmer. It was a welcome time for me to take pause and evaluate what I’ve been seeing lately. I frequent a couple of nearby neighborhood watering holes and have been observing the regulars for some time. Men are not happy. What is amazing is that some women know – what is afoot is evil.

Among them I met a 37 year old woman who is really hurting. A police cruiser was driving down her block and heard the two of them arguing because of an open window. The officer handcuffed her husband and he was taken to jail even as she protested and told the officer that she pushed her husband against the wall.

This system helps along conditions that justify its existence.

It is fertile ground out there and we should continue planting and fertilizing.

Robert August 17, 2010 at 09:28

We should also forge ahead and clear more way for more fields to plant in.

Snark August 17, 2010 at 11:32

TFH,

And it is a discontent among men, at women.

The hierarchy of misandric zeal and sadism is :

Militant feminist > whiteknight/mangina > average woman.

Damn straight.

HOWEVER, the majority of men who are becoming discontented, do not have at hand the conceptual resources that those of us in the MRM lay claim to.

They know something is seriously fucking wrong, and that they are being exploited.

But they don’t know exactly what, or why, or who is to blame.

Perhaps this is the root cause of both the below-the-surface bubbling, AND the uptick in white knighting of late: men, feeling the pressure of misandry, find an object of blame, be it women generally, or other men generally.

Without registering that feminism is the enemy, discontented men could blame women, or they could blame men.

So … OUR task, then, is to make these vast conceptual resources, and the incredibly insightful and innovative philosophy of the men’s movement, a PUBLIC force.

We must bring the mountain to the people … but given that it is an ABSTRACT mountain we are speaking of, it should not be too difficult a task.

It will just be a slow march … step by step.

The last eight months have seen surprising change.

Robert August 17, 2010 at 11:38

Snark, you are onto something that I , working in the “background, have already started. (y)

TFH August 17, 2010 at 14:16

The last eight months have seen surprising change.

Yes. Eight months….

Paul Elam August 17, 2010 at 16:31

Being a firm believer in collective consciousness, I am not surprised by this and have seen the same thing. I was recently with a group of four other men (working relationship, not friends) and the smallest, most subtle thing happened.

One guy was talking about his divorce (and his new girlfriend) and about how things were going to be different with his money now. Another guy applauded what he was saying, and said, “I think men are figuring out these days that women are dangerous.”

A very pregnant pause ensued, but everyone at the table nodded.

Like you, Welmer, I didn’t mention my little pastime.

I fully believe that site’s like TS and MND and AH are playing a role in the change of attitude, even for men who don’t read them. Consciousness of truths spoken aloud often and with vigor have a way of permeating culture.

It is why we MUST keep up this grind for all we are worth.

JFP August 18, 2010 at 00:47

Laura, I had a similar issue with divorced parents and college graduation. I figured I had two options ultimately. Invite them all to be fair, mom and her new husband and my dad and his girlfriend (whom I disliked then and now hate after his death) or invite no one. I just didn’t want the stress and the awkwardness so I chose not to go to the ceremony. I don’t really regret it. I only regret not getting a grad picture done for both of them.

These guys who don’t stand up to their mothers over things like this disgust me even as a son who had issues with his father. I watched a “step-brother” treat his father badly in life and then honestly seem to wonder why many in even his own blood family snubbed him after his father’s death let alone those in his “step-family”.

Snark August 18, 2010 at 10:58

Here’s a happy little story from today.

Attractive guy, but with beta expressions, standing with very attractive girlfriend.

Dirty-looking, overweight, possibly homeless guy walks up to them. Looking at the guy only, he asks him for something, most likely some spare change. I was a little way away so I didn’t hear everything.

Before the guy responds, his girlfriend starts yapping away, in a friendly tone, that they don’t have any–

“Nobody asked you,” the homeless guy grunts.

Girlfriend giggles, surely expecting the homeless man to break out in a grin like it was all a big joke – as men have done all her life.

He ignores her and repeats his question to the guy, who tells him sorry but he doesn’t have any. Homeless guy walks off. Girl’s face is sour.

What got me about this little tale was her giggling as soon as he said “nobody asked you.” Women aren’t used to being talked to in any way that doesn’t validate their inflated egos. She expected that “nobody asked you” was a joke on his part, and that what would naturally follow would be him confirming that it wasn’t serious.

But he didn’t, and she didn’t like it at all.

Laura August 18, 2010 at 11:06

Snark,
The man should have given him a 20 dollar bill, just for putting his girlfriend in her place.

Snark August 18, 2010 at 12:30

God knows I would have done. But the lure of young snatch is overpowering for a lot of men.

On the one hand, he didn’t defend her, or even console her afterwards.

But, the impression I got is that this is rooted in his betatude and not any principle.

Snark August 18, 2010 at 12:32

Then again, maybe he was just more alpha than I gave him credit for.

Fidelbogen August 18, 2010 at 23:24

@Snark:

“they likely do not even identify their enemy as a movement called ‘feminism’.”

A couple of weeks ago, I was conversing with a couple of young guys about this-n-that. In the manner of such conversations, one thing led to another, and at a certain point the word “feminists” suddenly came up, and. . . holy shit. . . you should have heard the feeding frenzy!!

These particular fellows most certainly did identify FEMINISM as their enemy. They were not the least bit bashful about it!

In fact, I regularly encounter smart, hip young dudes who seem to know the score pretty well — although I don’t try to squeeze their opinions out of them. I am tactful, and I respect their level of reticence.

I will make a point of tossing out the ‘f word’ in a nonchalant way, and carefully monitoring the expression of the other person.

A good little icebreaker is the old joke about how many feminists it takes to screw in a light bulb. Answer: “That’s not funny!!” I remember trying that one on a mixed m/f group of 20-somethings, and the hearty gale of laughter caught me by surprise. Most surprising of all was that the GIRLS were laughing the hardest!

Harrytoo August 19, 2010 at 12:57

”the women, who were generally younger than the men (although the men at the house ranged in age from about 20 to 40), were very polite and deferential. They fetched us beer, cooked and generally looked after their boyfriends. As I spoke with my friend and the other men, they did not butt in and remained silent and respectful.”

”One of them even said marriage is a sham, and should be avoided at all costs. They didn’t even care that there were young women sitting silently and listening to them.”

@Welmer, come on mate, you wrote it but couldn’t make the connection.

Even with out this connection, women generally treat men well, before marriage. Add in some children and a few years and slowly but surely most women start showing their eligibility for a broomstick, if you’re lucky. If not it happens sooner.

Harrytoo August 19, 2010 at 13:01

If you’re marrying them when they’re already due a broomstick, find a good shrink, the problem lies with you.

Welmer August 19, 2010 at 13:19

@Welmer, come on mate, you wrote it but couldn’t make the connection.

Harry, the women my age don’t even bother, and never have. They’re almost as likely to insult and demean a man on the first date as at any subsequent time.

Harrytoo August 19, 2010 at 13:25

Screw that, if they do that just remember, chivalry is dead, feminism killed it.. Don’t be fooled by women being nice to begin with though bud, it’s all sham. Even if it isn’t it wears of once they get together with the chosen coven and slate men constantly for ‘ot doing enough’, oddly enough, usually when you’re out sweating your balls off and they’re drinking tea (UK), coffee where you are I guess.

I sent an idea in earlier too btw by contact link, if you’re interested let me know.

Rebel August 20, 2010 at 12:55

I don’t know if this can come as a consolation, but take a hard look at the state of the economy, the mounting debt and the multitude of social problems that plague us now. Within a relatively short time, most of our attention will be taken away from feminism and focused on… simple survival.

I am preparing for a major catastrophe, so, feminism has just slipped into second place. I expect it will further slip down, well into oblivion.

It will no longer matter what feminists do or say: every one will be shitting razor blades if my crytal ball doesn’t lie…

Meanwhile, I think that women have a very short time to make amendments in their conduct and attitudes. I think there’s gonna be a lot of dying going on. And as is usually the case in such situations, the stronger will survive. The weaker will die. The dying side might be occupied mainly by women.

Malestrom August 21, 2010 at 19:07

Without adoubt this is the case.

I’ve noticed with my friends, probably only over the last two years or so, they will sometimes test the water with me, they’ll make some remark or other that aludes to one of the issues we discuss on here. When I appear fully receptive a lengthy discussion of men’s issues often follows.

oy August 22, 2010 at 06:30

If you were north of Seattle, you were pretty likely in Mormon country (bothell area). There’s a concentration of ‘em there and a couple other outlying suburbs. That explains the female behavior as well as anything.

Welmer August 22, 2010 at 08:36

There may be a few Mormons up there, but not these people. I was close to Lake Ballinger.

Also, although I have no problems with Mormons per se, the Mormon females in the Seattle area are not, in my experience, any better behaved than the others. The dominant local culture is pretty overwhelmingly white trash, and most local women – no matter what their religious background – go along with it, as one might expect.

However, you may have a point about Bothell. It does seem like a classier place on the balance than most of the Seattle area. Not sure whether that’s the Mormons, though; it’s had a kind of yeoman farmer type ambience for as long as I can remember.