Marine General Confirms That Americans Fighting Feminist War in Afghanistan

by W.F. Price on July 29, 2010

Commenter Avenger posted an article in the forum written by Fred, of “Fred on Everything,” that takes a USMC general to task for gloating about killing “guys who slap women.” The exact quote, which Fred found on antiwar.com, is:

“Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot,” Mattis said, prompting laughter from some military members in the audience. “It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.

“You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil,” Mattis said. “You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them.”

I long thought that the feminism that is often used to justify our presence in Afghanistan long after the failure to capture or kill Osama bin-Laden – the longest war in American history – was a cover for something else. However, with Hillary Clinton in charge of the State Department, and now this outrageous statement, I’m not so sure any longer. Although Americans have long justified violence on behalf of women, for example by lynching innocent men – both black and white – in the old South, beating and shooting men in their homes over domestic disputes and other such displays of “righteousness,” Afghanistan may be our first explicitly feminist war.

While plenty of Americans may feel with some justification that Afghan women deserve better lives than they have, it might surprise them to know that most Afghan women despise foreign troops, including Americans. Here’s a passage from a Kipling poem, The Young British Soldier, about war in Afghanistan in another era:

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An’ go to your Gawd like a soldier.
Go, go, go like a soldier,
Go, go, go like a soldier,
Go, go, go like a soldier,
So-oldier of the Queen!

Furthermore, given the sky-high divorce rate in military families and the little the US armed forces do to ameliorate this problem (one might say that it is actually encouraged by policies), it doesn’t seem that our own government or armed forces actually care all that much about our troops, either.

So why, now, do American boys have a dog in this fight?

Cloud July 29, 2010 at 14:02

I turned on CNN for the first time in months, and I wasn’t surprised at what I saw: Two women yapping about how we should NOT leave Afghanistan “because of women’s rights.”

Therefore it’s not shocking that this USMC General has “fun” killing other men that hit women. Meanwhile, the General’s wife is taking his kids to another State and divorcing him.

Rebel July 29, 2010 at 14:23

I can’t believe that this comes as “news”!

I have known that since the very first day we sent troops out there. It’s common knowledge.

And we will not pull out of there until enough men have died, both Afghans and Western soldiers.

Let me just say that nobody has ever been able to vanquish the Afghans. That means that more men will die there than in Vietnam.

Our finest boys are destined to be converted into hamburger, just so that the women out there will treat men like dirt, the American way.

That’s how you export our “culture”, our culture of death, of men’s death, that is.

Was it Sam Cook who sang: “What a wonderful world this will be”…?

James July 29, 2010 at 14:37

Every war is a “feminist” war at it’s absolute fundamentals. Sending young men to die for the protection of women.

Anon July 29, 2010 at 14:43

Re: injured soldiers

I don’t know if this is still tradition, but my understanding is that Afgan women would place sticks in the mouths of incapacited soldiers to hold them open, and then urinate into his mouth until he drowned in her urine. Perhaps someone could confirm or de-bunk this.

Firepower July 29, 2010 at 15:15

Those woman-slapping Afghanis have done just fine slapping around Alexander the Great, the decayed British Empire, the Soviets and now, us.

Blowhard U.S. Generals like Mattis have been in their air-conditioned mobile homes bragging for years about “killing” the enemy – while they’re safe in the rear with the gear.

Mattis should have read the Rolling Stone article in which McChrystal outlined the problems quite honestly.

But, Mattis is surely Obama’s Boy.

thehermit July 29, 2010 at 16:00

Let me just say that nobody has ever been able to vanquish the Afghans.

Sure, and you will not either.
At the first moment I’ve heard in the news the war started, i knew it can not be justified. It can not be justified with heroin, feminism, whatever.
You have no business there. More coffin will go back to U.S. until you stop the war. It’s impossible to export democracy.

Uncle Elmer July 29, 2010 at 16:15
Keyster July 29, 2010 at 16:28

We were shocked into numbness and denial by 9/11 and then the anger came and we wanted the blood of the enemy. The only organized fighting force to combat were the Taliban because they harbored Al Qaeda; a loose band of radicals that can operate from any base.

I think when you get to the point shere Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul agree the effort must be stopped, you know it’s time. When citizens of the far left and right agree as well, it’s time. The price is giving the Muslim savages VICTORY over the great satan, therefore increasing their boldness further. Even that becomes irrelevant with time.

I see the names of the young men who’ve died every week and wonder if their dreams were like mine when I was their age. What price honor?

Welmer July 29, 2010 at 16:50

Yeah, a friend sent me that link, Elmer. Pretty shameless as far as propaganda goes. I wouldn’t put that picture up.

thehermit July 29, 2010 at 17:07

I was shocked as well, when a saw 9/11 on TV, and i’ve felt deep sympathy for american people. For the common people, you know? they went to work, walkin on street ussuspicious, when that brutal attack happened.

However, i can not feel any symphathy for american politics, not anymore.

Unfortunately, as NATO members, we are stuck in that bloody war also.

greyghost July 29, 2010 at 17:15

I was in the marine corps for 13 years and never once did I or anyone I spoke to ever even thought of the saving women. It never crossed my mind. The environment I was in was so masculin that the only thought we had of women was either fucking them or watching what you said in front of them to stay out of trouble. I cussed and yelled at woman the same as my boys if I needed to. All PC shit was not even on my mind. Maybe the suicide rate is so high due to the PC bullshit being front and center now. And the young men have lost the blissful ignorance.

trent13 July 29, 2010 at 18:10

Just yesterday I was watching the news and saw (like Cloud above) newscasters commenting on how we need to stay in Afghanistan at the very least because of the atrocities that would be committed if we left, “especially to women.” My reaction: wow. Really? That’s why we are there? I wonder how many of our soldiers know that.

bruno July 29, 2010 at 18:15

“improving the lives of Afghan women” is one of the ways the Afghan war is being justified, no matter how absurd that is.
I bet Hillary is so sorry that the North Koreans are not beating their wives, otherwise she had wiped out the whole country already with atom bombs

greyghost July 29, 2010 at 19:08

The reason for the war in Afghanistan is due to terrorist hanging out there and lauching an attack from there. I agree with kicking those asses for that. This abuseing women shit and the rules of engagement we are useing was all a bunch of shit to get by liberal politicians that see no reason to concern themselves with young mens lives.
Me personally I think wars need to be horrible. A “fair” war is just a waste of lives. They need to blast the hell out of the taliban and drugloads with out concern for civilians. And maybe they need to kill off 5 -600 thousand women. That will mean that many less kids over the next ten years. Sounds awful to say but you cannot let yourself be bullied at all by terrorist. Japan and Germany had thier personalities changed by B-29′s and B17″s. Otherwise you are just wasting away a bunch of good men.

Nemo July 29, 2010 at 19:30

The real problem is that the main enemy of the US is al-Qaeda and they are hiding across the border in Pakistan, with the connivance of most of the Pakistani intelligence service.

We can’t take out Pakistan like Iraq because they have many more people and also have atomic weapons. The US is frustrated because two fraked-up countries are being used as a base of operations by terrorists and we can only operate opnely in one of them.

We may need to change our policy to contain al-Qaeda where it is and let the Afghanis shoot each other to their heart’s content. We have been trying to build a nation out of nothing and will probably not succeed.

Afghanistan is a crap-hole becasue the people there are in the habit of killing each other, not because of inherent poverty or ideology. We are trying to make a third millenium country out of a bunch of first millenium tribesmen. It is no surprise that most of the effort is wasted.

We should just leave, tell them that we’ll come back and kill anyone who supports al-Qaeda, and let them resume runinng their own country into the ground.

Avenger July 29, 2010 at 20:29

They ever find those “weapons of mass destruction” in Iraq? That was the alleged reason the US invaded the country. Aside from the normal arms that all countries have for defence, Iraq had nothing. The whole thing was just one big lie by the US and Arab countries in the area to get Saddam out of there.
Saddam’s trial was a big farce. He was basically tried by political enemies for a crime he had committed years ago against them. There was an assasination plot against Saddam where a number of his people were killed and he took revenge on the people who did it and killed about a 100. He was hanged so fast that he was never tried on anything else. That was all planned so that they would never have to prove at trial all the other so called atrocities they claim he committed. Propaganda in my opinion.

This is old but it’s still true today.

Troll King July 29, 2010 at 21:01

Well, this has been going on for a long time. I remember after 9/11, I had just turned 18 and was working and had just finished my Good Enough Diploma. I seriously thought about joining the military, specifically the army. There were huge numbers of guys around here that did, a year later my small town had it’s first military funeral in years, before that it was a ww2 soldier who died. I didn’t know this guy very well, but I did go to school with him.

What really shocked me was the justification given by even N.O.W., it was all about saving women from their headscarves or hijjab. From living in egypt, and dating girls who veiled it really pissed me off that hillary clinton and other feminists would send boys to die over some piece of clothe that is chosen by females to wear. Now Iraq, Afganistan, and Egypt are all culturally different, but women in Iraq were not forced to wear a burka like women in afganistan and even there im told it depends on which ethnic group one belongs to.

The real thing that really pissed me off was watching all these females vote on a subject that they knew little about and how they had the power to send me to war as cannon fodder. I don’t know if you guys watched it, but before the Iraq invasion there was alot of talk about re-instating the draft or some version of it. Now I realized this was just a political ploy by some of the left who were tring not to go to war thinking that if rich kids got drafted no one would vote for the war. But still, to see female politicians talking about a ‘patriotic service requirement’ and then being able to vote for war got me thinking about how we should not allow females in congress. Even if they are allowed in congress, they shouldn’t be allowed to vote on wars where they have never had to meet the minimum responsibility of signing away all their rights.

Ive been attacking feminists on this area for awhile now. Everytime I hear one of them talk about bodily autonomy or their right over their body, I bring up the war and how every male after 18 loses those rights. It tends to either shut them up or show how much they really hate men to the people around, esp, when they come back with, “man up” or some other shit.

Females shouldn’t have the ability to send men to die, talk about having rights without responsibilities. Us guys have no rights but all the obligations, females have the rights with none of the duties those rights entail.

This is what feminism is capable of:

They created the holocaust. All that would have to happen for every white dude to be placed into ‘work’ camps would be for the right and left to merge under a super alpha killer that gives females their gina tingles in each and every speech and females being the majority of voters would vote him/her into office and then you get nazi germany. It’s scary how much America mimics pre Nazi germany right now.

Troll King

Troll King July 29, 2010 at 21:08

Oh, and on my post you should definately read through all the links, especially the links on ‘the white feather’ groups and it’s social backlash during WWI.

Troll King

Here is one of the most important and enlightening links about it.

For anyone who thinks men controlled society back then, this will wake you up. Especially the story about a woman accosting a older man in plain clothes and telling him he’s a coward and saying “what have you given for england and women” and hen he pulled out his stump of a hand and waved it in her face and told her off. She dropped everything, apologized, and then took him to a hotel room and had sex wtih him. WTF? And women aren’t whores?

TK

thehermit July 30, 2010 at 00:16

Hey guys, do you need an enemy? No matter what? If not the Soviets, then the misterious al-Qaeda? Do you believe everything what’s said in the white house?
You should learn from Iraq, your gov’t started a war for oil (and in the defence of Israel), and covered it with obvious lies.

Baphomet July 30, 2010 at 01:12

I was having a good day until I saw that TIME article. That really lays all the cards on the table – ‘Trillions of dollars and hundreds of lives are less important than one random woman on the other side of the world.´

They´re dredging up this propaganda because serious voices on the Left are starting to make major noise about primarying Obama over Afghanistan. It is hard for me to fathom how the propaganda could get more banal but I am sure they´ll find a way.

Thing is, it´s not like men have any politicians to rely on. The Right is even more keen than the Left in spending blood and treasure on meaningless wars.

Ubermind July 30, 2010 at 01:15

I recently saw a soldier who is fighing in Middle east to put pictures of Muslim marriages in his profile (in a site similar to facebook but other) Marriages where Muslim men of 20+ ears marry 10 year old musl;im girls. He called them all pedophiles and justified his wars, as a war agains pedophiles.

I thought that he is moron and those muslim men were wise and lucky. they will have deeply loyal wives grown up in their household and no outside influences messsing with their minds.

That soldier failed to grasp that
1)Woman always are children, no matter the age.
2) Women are best for reproduction from age of 16 not 18 or even less 25 when they finish a useless humanitaries study.
3)Being married to a young girl does not means that there has to be sexual contact until she has reached adulthood.

LBK July 30, 2010 at 01:44

The economic depression we are in has a good side, in that the economic, political, and military power of the western countries is declining with no turnaround in sight . The day is coming when the west will be too poor and weak to export its evil culture. That will be good for the world.

TFH July 30, 2010 at 01:56

While a certain general might be a sadistic whiteknight….

I don’t think we can extrapolate the sole reason for being in Afghanistan is for ‘women’s rights’.

There are another 50 Muslim countries, at least 10 of which are also very restrictive to women.

For starters, Saudi Arabia has very tight restrictions on women, and that regime is in power only due to US oil purchases and US defense of Saudi Arabia. So it would appear that the need for Saudi oil supercedes ‘women’s rights’.

Robert Reis July 30, 2010 at 02:16

What America means to me.

We can’t make it here anymore

saga prayer for the dying

thehermit July 30, 2010 at 02:44

You’ll never hear the truth about wars.

Politicans’ ars poetica:

thehermit July 30, 2010 at 02:45
Robert July 30, 2010 at 06:28

“Female Keys To Victory Over Men, An Agenda ”

Robert July 30, 2010 at 06:29
misterb July 30, 2010 at 08:47

We’re living in dark times.

Women are demanding more influence. They traded in more of their dignity and reasoning. For what. So they can prance around naked. I don’t think so.

It was a big mistake for Hillary Clinton to be selected by Obama. Now Obama had screwed the pooch by electing weirdoes and perverts in their perspective stations.

And I would like to say General Mattis is sicko. Only sickos would get off in shooting people.

escaped slave July 30, 2010 at 11:50

We’re going to see a lot of this stuff going forward. My Washington contacts are telling me that Obama is likely to step down after one term so that Hillary can run and be the first female president. All the Democratic kingmakers are behind this.

I guess we’ll see more young men dying to bring feminism to Afghanistan. Hillary will want to show how “tough” she is and that she can do anything a man can do.

misterb July 30, 2010 at 16:22

@escaped slave I kinda figured that Obama is one term president. it would be disastrous when a woman is elected as president. More of the war mongering.

I read an article a few years ago that Hillary would become the first female president. She lost when Barky got elected.

Anonymous July 31, 2010 at 08:36

Afghanistan’s biggest export is heroin. Got that? HEROIN. Want to know how many poppy plantations we have bombed while we were there? It’s a number very close to zero.

Robert July 31, 2010 at 11:08

James July 29, 2010 at 14:37

Mary Daly, the sick and dead male-hating hag, would be so pleased. So would Andrea Dworkin. I didn’t hear feminists bitching when male civilians were taken hostage and murdered in this war. What does this tell anyone? I don’t hear them whine and complain when male lives are ended in this war but, they sure as hell celebrated Jessica Lynch who shot and killed male soldiers who were in her own platoon. She got away with committing murder. I remeber how the MSM sensationalized and demanded her safe recovery from those who captured her. I actually met soldiers who described how traumatized she was when she was rescued. She even admitted to shooting her male “team members” and got away with it, as well as, rewarded for it.

Robert July 31, 2010 at 11:30

Ubermind July 30, 2010 at 01:15

That soldier failed to grasp that
1)Woman always are children, no matter the age.

Good points. Number three, let me add this; The girls/underaged females do, as is customary in those cultures that allow marriage between adults and underage females, enjoy a shaporone being present in the couple’s home until she is of adult age. This is not only a social construct but a feminist-type construct. I know of no adult male(s) who even desire a “promised” female wife.

the universe July 31, 2010 at 16:22

I realize the following comment isn’t going to fly or have ground support from the marine general. If one of the excuses for continued support of the invasion of Afghanistan is to protect the women then draft American feminist blood into all female units to engage in mortal combat to ‘save’ their overseas sisters. (Or, similarly, if oil, opium and monopolies is the goal, let the financiers gear up for the spoils).
The common man of the West has already sacrificially bailed out most of femdom, through subterfuge or by order or decree from his “superiors”. The common man already has lost huge portions of his employment through AA/EE programs and the recession, his children wealth and real property through formulaic FC decisions, his stature through publicly funded unsubstantiated accusations against him that he mostly finances and his self respect through believing the unfettered musings of popular culture. And most of this done behind his back without his consent or his informed inclusion and rebuttal while operating as the economic engine of his respective nation.
Yes, and let’s cajole and browbeat him further into losing his life to bail out women from other nations that, too, also likely hates him.
The general proposes that men man-up and sacrifice for women of foreign cultural values residing overseas. That may have worked for when the world was socially a different place for people 65 yeas ago. Today, the mired values of previous generations are being perpetually tailored to effect the protected guaranteed outcomes of females during changing circumstances and conditions. So, it appears that for today the true mark of manhood is keeping silent while losing not only life itself but much of what one works for and holds dear in order to sacrifice for any women. Sounds like the life of a conditioned doormat.
The irony of it all. One group of people with continually diminishing stature and rights dying or killing other men of similar status to elevate another group into a further higher stature.
Wise up, men.

Gunslingergregi August 1, 2010 at 07:21

””’Nemo July 29, 2010 at 19:30
”””’
The problem is the bullshit anit-male laws of the us and that it wants to force that fucked up shit on the whole world. The us people are not free and the afganistani people are.

I was doing reseatch and every country the us has fought has had a diferent way of dealing with woman than us. Usually where the men actually are men and the woman are woman. The us wants to force everyone to work a regular job and have a boot stomping on your face.

The thing that makes war good is the young men who die don’t have to grow up and realize the truth of the us and have their souls destroyed. I am all for war baby and dieing. That is why I went it is a manly thing to do. But yea just like bosnians and croats that now have to contend with bullshit divorce laws and vagimony so will the iraqi’s and if the us way is had so will the afganis and so will the whole world so that there will be nowhere a man can go that he can escape slavery. Then what happens is they kill off all the real men that rebel so all that will be left is bootlicking manginas. At that point it will be good to be one of the dead.

Fodderrecruit August 1, 2010 at 09:41

People ever think, if our gov’t lied about Iraq (no WMDs), Vietnam (e.g. Gulf of Tonkin never happened) and a bunch of other things, then why should we believe them about their al qaeda in afghanistan bs?

If women being treated badly justifies our presence in Afghanistan then what about the treatment men get in the US?

I mean this is the country where cuckolds are forced to pay CS for kids that are proven to not be theirs right?

So should some other country invade US to protect men here?

Stop being a bunch of cannon fodder morons for Zionist Jews and their lackeys in the political establishment and blogosphere like whiskey. After all its said and done, no will remember you and you will be discarded like a used car. You are not the modern day Richard the Lion Heart, in reward for your killing efforts abroad you will get a dear john letter from your skank wife. This is the reality not the fantasy fed to you by the media (support our troops!) and the neocon crowd.

- Ex cannon fodder recruit.

Sebastian December 9, 2010 at 21:22

The operable reason for our war in Afghanistan is the need to prevent anti-US terrorists from having a safe haven. Terrorism is a bs construct, used to control through fear. Don’t believe it.

We can win in Afghanistan by ending all forms of prohibition and legalizing poppy farming in the US. The misnamed ‘war on terror’ can be won by deregulating energy production in the US. Violent crime and ‘terrorism’ are made possible by creating extralegal and distorted (ie, non-free market) revenue streams – drugs, prostitution, and foreign oil.

thehermit2 December 20, 2010 at 12:24

i dont like war its as dumb as noodles

thehermit2 January 3, 2011 at 12:16

you know i dont like all these guys on the tv…spongebob sucks