The Awesome Power of a Wife’s Love!

by zed on January 6, 2010

A very old man lay dying in his bed. In death’s doorway, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookie wafting up the stairs.

He gathered his remaining strength and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and with even greater effort forced himself down the stairs, gripping the railing with both hands.

With labored breath, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into the kitchen. Were it not for death’s agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven.

There, spread out on newspapers on the kitchen table were literally hundreds of his favorite chocolate chip cookies.

Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of heroic love from his devoted wife, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself toward the table. The aged and withered hand, shaking, made its way to a cookie at the edge of the table, when he was suddenly smacked with a spatula by his wife.

“Stay out of those,” she said. “They’re for the funeral.”

(Time for a bit of levity.)

Advocatus Diaboli January 12, 2010 at 03:46

That is the truth.. and it is important that men treat women like they treat them..

Paul January 12, 2010 at 04:14

Well I saw the joke coming but think it more prophetic than humorous. A wife’s love is in fact the most worthless thing a man can be given. What is constituted by a wife’s love is ownership. Once in receipt of a wife’s love a man has no possession of his own life. Everything about him is subsumed under the will of his wife. In effect he no longer has a life as a separate individual but only exists as a functional appendage..

Actually I do not see women as human at all. To be married to one is to have in residence your own private torture, one who will make you despise and regret your very existence.

May be the old man spoken of above found in his last breath one moment of freedom for when a married man dies he may finally find his peace.

Heathen January 12, 2010 at 05:21

A wife’s love is in fact the most worthless thing a man can be given.

How very, very sad.

Take any subjective statement in the men’s movement and switch the words “men/man/male/husband” and “women/woman/female/wife”. If, after the switch, it would make feminists happy, then it’s probably a load of crap.

And the person saying it is probably full of crap.

-Heathen

Garbage Man January 12, 2010 at 05:22

Women are garbage. I fuck women’s skulls and throw them back on the garbage heaps they crawled out from under.

Absolute garbage. Never marry, fuck and chuck. If you want kids, just marry and have eight sons and slowly poison your wife to death with arsenic over a period of eight years… then your assets will be safe.

Heathen January 12, 2010 at 05:31

See? Apply the test and you know everything you need to know about this person!

Marriage may well be a raw deal. Modern women may not be worth having a long-term relationship with. The system may well need changing. But advocating the murder and debasement of an entire sex makes you no better than any feminist.

-Heathen

Paul January 12, 2010 at 05:39

@Garbage Man

Very well put. You have it exactly correct. Sadly I have been married for 32 years. I know the it awfulness of women (all women) from the inside.

Avoid and prosper!

Snark January 12, 2010 at 05:53

But guys what about teh wimmin

They’re Not All Like That from what I understand!

Amateur Strategist January 12, 2010 at 05:55

Did NOT see that coming… I mean, I know what the Spearhead is all about, but I figured this was a sequelesque article to Zed’s “How to Love” articles…

Wow.

zed January 12, 2010 at 06:14

Wow.

Sorry, AS. Sometimes, just to keep people on their toes, I come off the back wall. ;)

The interesting thing about the backstory on this joke is that it was sent to me by a married friend who is a psychologist and one of the most PC persons I have ever met.

Paul Elam January 12, 2010 at 06:15

Thanks for the laugh, Zed.

I sometimes wonder if I was lucky or unlucky to have had the parents I did. In reality, to have had the mother I did.

My father asked my mother to marry him on their first date. She declined, so he asked her again on the second date and she said yes.

They went through the normal shit that most marriages did at the time. My mother was typically female, resulting once in a time where my father, in his frustration, put his hand through a wall and told her, “I wish for five goddam minutes you weren’t my wife. I would beat the hell out of you.”

And when I was six my mother told my father that he would have to choose between booze and her. Her chose her.

Neither incident was one I ever saw and didn’t know about them till many years later. Whatever their problems, and I am sure there were many, they kept them behind closed doors.

They were married for 42 years, till the day he died. And in the end I never saw two people more in love, more inseparable. If they walked together, even to check the mail, they were holding hands.

My father was hit with early onset Alzheimers, which made his last 8 years a bad dream as we watched him slip away, a piece of his mind at a time. She never left his side. No nursing homes, no special care facilities. She cared for him by herself and with the occasional help from her sons till it was over, even for the last year or so when he couldn’t feed himself, bathe himself or even control his bowels.

She cared for him like he was, well, like he was her husband.

Somewhere in all that I was ingrained with an expectation that left me screwed in regards to women. It wasn’t that I held them to an impossible standard based on an idealized mother. But I did expect basic decency from them that never happened.

I didn’t just fail to meet a woman like my mother. I failed to meet a woman that was anything but, in the end, a treacherous whore.

And I still wonder to this day if I was blessed or cursed to have even seen a marriage that worked, to have ever thought it was even possible.

Clarence January 12, 2010 at 06:28

The joke was funny and it’s a good warning, Zed.

Nonetheless, my grandfather went to his grave loving my grandmother.

It’s not the post, but the comments which are pathetic. A joke is made which should cause one to think and be cautious. And perhaps a bit wistful for a bygone time.

Jim January 12, 2010 at 06:32

Paul- why not get divorced? I understand the financial part might be very damaging but it sounds like you would be a lot happier.

Kathy Farrelly January 12, 2010 at 06:37

Ah.. It was just a joke.
Not worth working up a sweat over.

Snark January 12, 2010 at 06:43

I believe it’s known as ‘equality’.

I don’t endorse a lot of what’s said in the comments, but I’ll be damned if I’m about to stick up for women.

When was the last time a feminist stuck up for a man? Oh, that’s right – their rationalisation hamsters run circles in their brains and they come up with reasons why it’s okay to denigrate men and agitate for their murder. When a man complains he gets ‘teh menz’ response.

So consider this equality.

JDApostasy January 12, 2010 at 06:49

Be happy such anger is only expressed verbally. Of course, there will probably come a time when it is expressed physically. I hope things don’t come to that, but, I’m not in control of whether or not that comes to pass…

Jabherwochie January 12, 2010 at 06:57

Men have a right to be angry here. We have a right to point out when someone has gone too far with there words also, and they in turn can ignore it. The inherent checks and balances of free speech are good. Welmer will shut down anyone actually taking it too far, and so far, he’s made good calls as far as I’m concerned. I hope people are scared by our anger personally. I’m pissed off and I want them to be scared. Its the least of the negative emotions they should feel. My life was fucked up because of feminism. I understand the anger. I am that angry. And feminist should be scared of us. Not in the physical sense, but in the social sense. We represent male conciousness rising, and as we awaken, it is natural to be angry. Our sleep induced dreams were nothing but a lie. We have been conned, duped, and used. Wake up men, wake up and rage. Anger first, then victory, then maybe, maybe, moderate dialouge and negotiation. Men didn’t fight and suffer in wars and risk their lives building civilization to hand it over to childish women who piss on our very essence. Fuck that. It is the time for anger.

Epo January 12, 2010 at 07:30

Paul, you have it exactly wrong. Women are not INhuman, they’re TOO human. Man is a demigod, woman is a superhuman. It is men who consider themselves ghosts in a machine(who mentally project these ghosts out to other machines and online avatars,) women more truly believe that their bodies ARE their souls (so even their online game time is spent on sim-style collect and decorate-a-thons like Farmville and Animal Crossing.)

And Woch, let’s not forget that anger is useless coming from individuals. A man is only a man among other men, a man alone is merely a woman, though game can make him the best goddamn woman he can ever be. A bunch of educated, respectable, not-obviously fratboy types who nevertheless behave against type (verbally/physically crushing white knights, publicly and LOUDLY calling women on stupid bullshit, and, most importantly, BACKING EACH OTHER UP when push comes to shove or when temporal beauty rears its divisively ugly head) are actually the only way to implement public social change effectively. If the monogamous mentality is dying, then revive the guild mentality! (This, of course, requires an anomaly-that all members actually have, know, and can manipulate game WITHOUT betraying each other at the drop of a hat.)

And three’s a minimum, not a crowd.

Jabherwochie January 12, 2010 at 07:40

Totally Epo.

I just want angry men to know they are welcome here, and free to express their anger, and not alone in feeling that anger. On top of that, emotions like anger, are often enough contagious, so I hope it spreads, as it will motivate us and all men to action. Paradoxically, when everyone is angry enough, and we start to get too angry, I’ll be the one saying, “Calm down. Let’s think this through.” Right now, our biggest hurdle is apathy.

Jabherwochie January 12, 2010 at 07:41

Anger is nature’s apathy smasher.

Hestia January 12, 2010 at 08:05

@Kathy-Ah.. It was just a joke.
Not worth working up a sweat over.

Agreed.

There is much said here and elsewhere that I find distasteful but such words aren’t going to make me whine about “misogyny”. There are indeed women who do distasteful, immoral, and outright evil actions who inspire such talk, insults, and jokes. If the shoe fits, wear it; if not, consider this all the fruits of the collective actions of women for quite some time.

fedrz January 12, 2010 at 08:07

Phew! For a minute there, Zed, I was thinkin’: “One blowjob away…”

Rebel January 12, 2010 at 08:15

All that anger is ultimately destructive. Anger is a sign that hope is still in the air.
Once one has gone over that emotion, calm settles in.

Men must simply abandon women. That is all there is to it. And it’s really the only option available to men.

Go your own way, men. Don’t look back.

The future is ahead of us, not behind. And it does not include women. Not as part of our lives anyway.

Hatred is useless, destructive and leads only to depression. Life is too short.

Let women have it their way: it’s their lives (their bodies) and we have nothing in common with them anymore.

So, why not abandon them, simply?

I don’t wish women any harm. I just wish them the men they deserve: none.

So, forgive… and forsake them.

zed January 12, 2010 at 08:16

Right now, our biggest hurdle is apathy.

I can see how it looks that way, but I see things a bit differently.

An outlet for a man’s anger is a necessary safety valve. I use two analogies to try to explain why the efforts of women and white knights to silence men and keep them silenced when they are blowing off steam actually works to the long-term detriment of women.

Over on the forum I just used the analogy of that red light on your dashboard which comes on when your engine is about to blow up. A person with any reasonable intelligence looks at the light, realizes it is telling him that something is wrong, stops the car, and figures out what is wrong.

But, the way the culture, women, white knights, and manginas, approach the problem is to get all bent out shape and try to ignore the light. Then it starts getting brighter and flashing to indicate something really is wrong. So, they cover it up with a piece of duct tape. And, it gets brighter and a warning buzzer starts to sound – so they take a hammer and smash it out of the dashboard. There, problem solved – until the engine blows up.

The other analogy I use is that of a pressure cooker. They have safety relief valves to “let off steam” when the pressure inside is building up to dangerous levels. The fools who invade every last tiny bit of space men are creating for themselves and try make the men who are blowing off steam shut up, are creating a situation where an eventual explosion is inevitable.

I am reluctant to mention the name, but I wonder how things might be different today if George Soldini had had a place like this to go and vent his frustrations and find that he was not alone among men in his experience. Instead of being told to shut up, and that the problem was all him, a bit of venting and some black humor might have let off just enough of the pressure that he could go back out and keep on keeping on.

Men used to have dozens of places they could go to get away from the tyranny of women – “working men’s clubs”, service clubs, private clubs, even sports venues. But, in the name of “busting up the old boys’ clubs” women have invaded every male space and used the power of government for force the men there to dance to the tune women want to hear.

The nausea-inducing hypocrisy of the white knights, chivalrists, manginas, and NAWALTers can be shown by comparison to this shredding of some of Liz Jone’s misandry spewing by Eman –

What poor, sad creatures modern men are. What wimps. What wastes of space.

Aw, shut up and go fuck yourself you stupid bitch! You ought to be grateful that you are now inheriting the remains of the leftover society that your own brothers from past generations built.

So, it’s fine for a major publication to provide this disgusting old hag a platform from which to spew her bile and call men “wastes of space”, and nary a word gets said there calling her out on her hatred. But let a few guys get together in some little back corner of the web to blow off a little steam and talk about some very real frustrations they have with their lives, and you can bet your life that the chivalrist-and-PC brigade will be on them in a heartbeat like a bad rash trying to mind-game them into shutting up.

This is a very poor and dangerous strategy for women’s well being. The reason for that is not so much that it will breed more George Soldinis and Marc LePines, although I do believe that it will.

No, I think the real reason it is so bad for women to persist in the denial and silencing of men’s anger is what happens when it goes cold. There were a lot of men in that Montreal classroom who would not lift a finger to defend those young women. And, I suspect there are a lot of men sitting just a degree or two below that boiling point who, if they spoke to one of those men before they blew up, and got told that they were on their way to “give some bitches their come-uppance”, would have said “Oh, well have a nice day.”

I see more genuine “Miss-Odj-Oh-Knee” every day now than I saw in the entire first 25-30 years of my life. It simply is not possible for men to live under a constant bombardment of crap like Liz Jones spews on men, seeing a lot of women agree with her and almost no women vocally dissenting, and somehow magically metabolize this hostility into “love” for women.

Anyone, man or woman, who sincerely cares about women and their future, instead of seeking to silence men and do everything in their power to shut men up and make sure men’s concerns and point of view are NOT heard, would be looking at that red light, taking their foot off the misandry accelerator, and trying to do something about what is wrong before something else blows.

But, the strange paradox is that I can sit here, type out lengthy and calm explanations of the issues, and it is mostly a waste of time. If a man is angry enough to appear angry, what he says is dismissed because he is angry. If he is calm and rational about it, people don’t realize the anger under the calm and rational facade.

I’m not sure who said it, but I think the quote “If you make peaceful revolution impossible, you make violent revolution inevitable” was on to something.

fedrz January 12, 2010 at 08:49

At least we are not invading the minds of our youth at the institutional level, and force feeding them filth like the following, and calling it “education.”

“For one of the implicit, if unadmitted, tenets of feminism has been a fundamental disprespect for men.” — Wendy Dennis

“I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.” — Andrea Dworkin

“My feelings about men are the result of my experience. I have little sympathy for them. Like a Jew just released from Dachau, I watch the handsome young Nazi soldier fall writhing to the ground with a bullet in his stomach and I look briefly and walk on. I don’t even need to shrug. I simply don’t care. What he was, as a person, I mean, what his shames and yearnings were, simply don’t matter.” — Marilyn French; The Women’s Room

“The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.” — Sally Miller Gearhart, The Future – If There Is One – Is Female

“If life is to survive on this planet, there must be a decontamination of the Earth. I think this will be accompanied by an evolutionary process that will result in a drastic reduction of the population of males.” — Mary Daly, former Professor at Boston College, 2001

“Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release.” — Germaine Greer

“I feel what they feel: man-hating, that volatile admixture of pity, contempt, disgust, envy, alienation, fear, and rage at men. It is hatred not only for the anonymous man who makes sucking noises on the street, not only for the rapist or the judge who acquits him, but for what the Greeks called philo-aphilos, ‘hate in love,’ for the men women share their lives with–husbands, lovers, friends, fathers, brothers, sons, coworkers.” — Judith Levine, Authoress of My Enemy, My love

“I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them.” — Robin Morgan

…kill your fathers, not your mothers.” — Robin Morgan

Not only was this stuff not opposed by society, it was cheered! And not only was it cheered, it was, and is, taught in our educational institutions.

And not only that, many of the so called female “allies” of the MRM, are still trying to claim to be feminists, and defending the countless virtues of this ludicrous hate-movement. Equity Nazis, Equity White Supremacists and Equity Feminists… pfft to them all.

We’ve got a long way to go before “equality” has been achieved, eh?

And apparently, us knuckle-dragging thugs aren’t capable of emotional intelligence or empathy on nearly the same level as our “superior better 3/4′s,” so really, what else do they expect from us… we are, after all, only rapists – and that’s all we are.

Hestia January 12, 2010 at 08:51

@Zed-The reason for that is not so much that it will breed more George Soldinis and Marc LePines, although I do believe that it will.
I have no doubt this is what is going happening, but a huge portion of my fellow women seem to not give a darn about how men feel or the mental torture many men find themselves experiencing. The walls in my living room might care to listen to me more.

This needs to be done for the same of both men and women of course. Sometimes when I read the writings on older men who tell all men to “go their own way” and find ways to enjoy life without women, I can’t help but wonder if they are out of touch with the situation numerous men my age are in. These are young men who have been stepped on and crushed EVERY DAY of their lives. They know nothing other than the tyranny of PC thoughts we’ve all been raised under, but are the losers of this indoctrination having heard nothing positives about themselves and nothing negative about females. They’ve been drugged up and cast away by an educations system that has offered them nothing. The majority of the “nice guys” have no loving contact with women and continue to be treated with contempt when they’ve done nothing wrong to deserve such treatment. And now they get to face a world of recession where many cannot find gainful employment. The “mancession” has not only made men lose jobs but has left quite a few young men never having had a real job and way to support himself. How do such men find hobbies or other ways to enrich their lives without women?! How do they find a meaningful existence in which they can “go their own way” in life? How do they not become angry not only with women, but with society as a whole, including older men and the guys who are getting all of the girls?

I can also tell you I know *many* young men who do not fall into this category who are still angry at older men for the mess they have handed our generation to clean up. Many believe the current wars we’re involved in are the failure of the Boomers and Gen X to take national security seriously, that the economic crisis is the result of foolish decadence practiced by these generations that will now be ours to handle. Many people my age, both men and women, know that we’ll likely be taxed to high heaven to fund all the socialist programs necessary to take care of an aging population. Whether these supposed cause and effects are true is a moot point in the minds of many young people as they are angry and already have their minds made up. Any respect for an elder’s wisdom is virtually gone and will probably decay further as more and more young people see their prospect at the American Dream fading and realize that the US is entering its winter.

People need to sit back, listen, and start to take the feelings of men seriously, including older men considering the position angry young men are in today. The future may not have only have George Sordinis but numerous young men completely disenfranchised who no longer give a care about anything as society doesn’t care about them.

Rebel January 12, 2010 at 09:14

Good points, Hestia.

Let us now draw a parallel with “terrorism”.
The Palestinian people have been treated in the same way men are being treated now. Although they tried to raise their voice about the cruel injustices they were put through, no one responded because the Palestinians were considered as the scum of the eath (same treatment men now get).
So, they started highjacking planes to indicate to the world that their suffering was intolerable.
It didn’t work, so it escalated up to 9-11.

Here is what I think now: Street gangs… Those are the very best people to be enrolled in the terrorist movement.

So, our future will be spent fighting terrorism from the outside AND terrorism from the inside. Now gues which one will be most dangerous? Think about it.
(Toynbee gives us a good insight into that)

Our society is fractured. The Marc Lepine of this world will multiply like flies and it will be the beginning of the end.

That is why I, an older man, advise young men to abandon women. When shit hits the fan (and I promise you it WILL), we don’t want to be in the way of bullets: remember Ecole Polytechnique: a forewarning of what is to inevitably come. No one lifted a finger, this had no precedent. If I was a woman, I would be scared. Really scared. Thanks God, I’m a man.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic…

Hestia January 12, 2010 at 09:47

@Rebel- It is my understanding from my husband’s LEO friends that this future has already arrived, to a certain extent. Gang activity is on the rise in many areas where it didn’t use to exist and will likely continue to spread like wildfire.

The violence turning inward in the form of suicide is another concern the future might hold. I personally know three young men who have killed themselves in the last four years and a few more who have attempted suicide. One who succeeded has recently returned from combat, as had a few one of the men who attempted, so they are perhaps unfair examples to use even in an anecdotal example. The future may hold many more friends and family shaking their heads at such tragic news as a young man hanging himself for “no reason” if people don’t wake up and listen.

Soap January 12, 2010 at 09:51

Hestia, I really admire you and your attitudes. If more women were like you….

But truthfully, I’m at the point that if I did meet a woman who seemed like you, I would assume she was aiming to entrap me in a soul-killing marriage.

I’m safer assuming all women I meet are my enemy,and that every move is a trap.

Rebel January 12, 2010 at 10:13

@Hestia
“Nah, you don’t sound pessimistic, just realistic, depressing as that might be. Soon the entire United States will be like Detroit, which was the wretched reality I grew up in. Not an if, but a when.”

Let me tell you something I haven’t said to a woman in many years: Hestia: you are a gentleman. Take that as a compliment.

I have visited the U.S. on many occasions and always wondered at the great country that it was. And the people were so very friendly.

The America of my youth is gone and I feel so very, very sorry about it.

Who will our youth turn to now?
Who will be the beacon of democracy?

Charles Martel January 12, 2010 at 10:17

@Rebel

Our society is fractured. The Marc Lepine of this world will multiply like flies and it will be the beginning of the end………..Every man I talk to is pissed off at women and that is very dangerous for women. Prepare to fend for your life.

One point I am undecided on is whether the rising power of women is a cause or an effect of the end of empire. My best guess is that feminism is an effect of a civilization in decline, due to material prosperity and declining morality, but that the decline is accelerated by the various female-instigated dysfunctions in public institutions.

We can confidently predict how Western feminism will end as there are many examples provides to us by earlier civilizations. Feminism will grow until central authority collapses, so that women are unable to walk the streets without being assaulted. Even then there will be no generalized pogrom against women as men will still protect their wives and daughters. But without the patronage of Big Husband Government, women will once again have to negotiate with individual men on an equal footing for their protection.

So…..how long will it take to reach this state? Ten years, fifty, a hundred? What do you think?

fedrz January 12, 2010 at 10:43

Charles Martel,

Have a look at the Roaring Twenties compared to the Dirty Thirties. It didn’t take much time at all. During the Twenties, feminism was rampant, women were rebellious, sexuality was on the rise… yaddah yaddah… come the Thirties, and women themselves were driving other women out of the workplace, as they vehemently despised two income families, as a husband and wife both working when jobs were scarce meant that the working woman “stole” a job that another woman’s mule (er… husband) was denied, thereby also denying her and her family an income.

I’d probably insist she learns to milk the cow and churn butter as well, and I’ll bet I’d have no shortage of takers.

Snark January 12, 2010 at 10:53

But fedrz, don’t you know that a woman can do anything a man can do?

They will be building their own log cabins and growing their own vegetables!

*laughs*

Firepower January 12, 2010 at 11:31

poor
is the man
reliant upon
his wife’s cookies

Rebel January 12, 2010 at 12:06

@Charles Martel,

(The man who defeated the Saracens, the defender of the nascent Western Civilization. How fitting.)

I share your ideas. But I have no idea of how long it will take to dismantle the spider web that has been drawn around us.

I still hope that somehow, something will happen to save us just before it’s too late.

You probably think along the same lines: hence your screen name.

I see a very positive side to feminism: it brings men closer together like never before. Something like a true brotherhood of men.

Maybe this is where our salvation lies.

Our world needs another Charles Martel.

ONE man is all it takes.

HR Lincoln January 12, 2010 at 12:25

Reb – “Who will be the beacon of democracy?”

Here’s the thing, reb – democracy is what has brought us feminism, American style.

A constitutional republic, with voting rights vested only in true stakeholders, (ie., male landowners) would never have degenerated as our has. Giving women voting rights has been suicidal for our culture; just listen to the way our politicians, of both parties, pander to the matriarchy.

At their core, women are security-seeking creatures, and will overwhelmingly sacrifice liberty in exchange for security. Worldwide, women tend to vote left.

Hestia January 12, 2010 at 13:00

@Rebel-What is happening to your country (and mine, just north of you) is a catastrophe. I find NO pleasure in seeing the destruction of what was once a beacon of light and hope.

……

I feel the same. This past Sunday marked the 233rd anniversary of Thomas Paine publishing his Common Sense pamphlet. To consider the state of the US then and how far this nation has fallen since is staggering. I wonder how much the woeful state of modern American and universal suffrage has played a part.

@fedrz-I think this could happen very fast – and in the very near future, especially if the power the US dollar takes a sharp decline.
*nods* I would be shocked if something big doesn’t happen to jolt society back to reality by the end of this decade. Feminism is an unsustainable system, as is fiat money, and we do seem to arriving at a funny crossroads where this reality will need to be swallowed like the nasty pill it is very soon.

You are being quite bold in your assumption that young women today know how to scrub floors and cook vegetables, but you probably know that. ;)

This reality is one I found frightening in the midst of economic crisis we are in right now. Basic know-how and common sense helped many individuals and families get through the Great Depression and without such skills today, I wonder how many people are going to make do. Cooking from scratch, being resourceful, and being able to handle the most basic of household tasks is of the utmost important to family finances at all times, but all the more valuable at times like this. Some women are almost proud that they have no domestic skills as if such ineptitude is a badge of honor, rather than an embarrassment. I don’t understand this thinking at all.

Hestia January 12, 2010 at 13:05

Edit to my comment: “I wonder how much the woeful state of modern American WOMEN and universal suffrage has played a part.”

@Soap- Thank you for your kind words. :) I must say I do not blame you at all for skepticism even if a woman seems like the proverbial needle in the haystack. As I’ve said on here before, not all snakes are poisonous but I’m certainly not picking one up to find out. So it goes with women as well, since even as a woman I know full well just how much power women have to harm others in today’s world. Better safe than sorry until more is known and a proper judgment of a particular person can be made.

Globalman January 12, 2010 at 13:28

Clarence January 12, 2010 at 06:28
“But I think the hatred in this thread is what really is scary. Not just for feminists and female users, but for all women, everywhere.”
It should be scary to feminised women. They fucked over about 100M men so far. The backlash is going to be catastophic to them. We are only about 1% into it in my opinion.

fedrz January 12, 2010 at 08:49
Yep Fadrz. Exactly. Women spout that crap and it’s cheered. We are ‘empowered’ We can tell lies and denigrate people, commit the crime of slander and get away with it! Yay team ‘woman’.

I was praised endlessly by all and sundry, even women, for the ‘great husband and father’ I was for 20 years. When I refused to allow my ex to lie to me and steal from the family finances any longer virtually ALL women called ME all sorts of names. Apparently women have a right to lie to their husbands and steal from their family. I missed that text in my bible.

I am fucking sick and tired of women blessing themselves with the ‘right’ to verbally and physically abuse men up to and including calling for my death or indeed killing men and saying ‘she needs treatment not punishment’ while also claiming ‘equality’.

Western women are crap. I don’t mind saying it. I’m going to keep saying it until they are not. And that goes for the so called ‘good women’ who stood by and let their sistas so abuse men when they knew full well what was going on. Silence is agreement.

Globalman January 12, 2010 at 13:28

Paul January 12, 2010 at 04:14
“A wife’s love is in fact the most worthless thing a man can be given.”
Actually, I disagree on this one on the basis that no wife actually loves her husband. She ‘loves’ the things he provides for her. I believe it has always been this way. There is plenty of evidence for this view.

Women are incapable of love as men understand it. Therefore a wife can not give what she is not capable of having. A wife love is not ‘worthless’. It simply does not exist.

Far from being ‘sad’, I feel this is something for men to ‘rejoice’ in. Men like me spent large parts of our lives trying to be the best we could be so our wives would ‘love’ us. We were straining to achieve the impossible and shattered when we could not. Do you younger guys know how freeing it is to know that women are not capable of love, not capable of complex thinking, not capable of integrity, honesty, have no morals? It is very freeing. I am no longer consistently wondering why women act so strangely. I am no longer surprised at their antics. I have no desire to have one in my house.

Once a man comes to the conclusion that women are worse than worthless, they are a liability, and their only ‘value’ is in what kind of sex and ‘lovemaking’ they can do for you then a man becomes wonderfully free of their ‘siren song’ of ‘love’ and ‘commitment’.

Globalman January 12, 2010 at 13:39

Paul Elam January 12, 2010 at 06:15
Hi Paul,
I was similarly blessed/cursed. My mum was a saint. NOTHING was too good for her man and her boys. Some examples?

When my dad had ciatica she slept by his side and tendered him for two weeks. My aunts came in to cook and clean and take care of us boys. My dad has said to me:
“I trust mum with my life, indeed, I have done so many times.”
“Mum has never said a harsh word to me in her life.”
“No man ever had a better wife.”
“When you grow up, if you are lucky, you will marry a woman like your mum.”

When I was 17 I was severly stricken with chicken pox. I had a temp of 105F for about 5 days and the itching drove me crazy my mum spent three days and nights with me talking to me and distracting me from the itching so I would not scratch. When I was 7 I nearly died from incefilitis and my mum was in the hospital every day looking at me and waving to me from outside the isolation room I was in. I was tied to the bed for 10 days or so and very upset at being so.

When I was little mum used to take her ‘summer job’ every year from October to December. I was still not at school so I used to go with her. I only found out years later that all the money from her ‘job’ was spent on christmas presents for us boys. We had very little money and she wanted us to have better presents than dad could afford even though he did three jobs back then. My mum used to do jobs like clean houses or serve counter at the drive in at $A1/hour to buy our christmas presents. This on top of raising three boys. Like BOTH my grandmothers I do not recall my mum ever complaining about anything….EVER. Women in our family simply did not complain about anything. I was shocked when my wife started ‘complaining’. It was a totally alien experience to me.

My parents just celebrated 50 years married. Now my mum has dimentia and my dad is doing a hurculean job of caring for her. He’s just turned 72 and its tough for a man of 72 to care for a dimentia patient. But he wants to keep her in her comfort zone as long as he can. My parents and my extended family set an example that was amazing. My friends say to me it is hardly any wonder I fell for ‘marriage and children’ hook, line and sinker when my parents, aunts and uncles, presented such a positive picture of it. The way I was treated by my ex during marriage was inconcievable to me going into it and more so in divorce. Zed commented I put myself into that slavery system and I did. But it sure did not look like a slavery system to me. My dad looked a very happy man and he encouraged me greatly to be like him as did all those men around me I respected. My dad is one of the best respected men in my town.

My ex-wife talked much of how much she admired my mum. I used to ask her to please take a leaf out of my mums book on how to be a good wife. Nope. There are (almost) no western women out there like that any more. It is not worth looking. Better to just date the hottest, highest performing women you can find.

Globalman January 12, 2010 at 13:49

Hestia January 12, 2010 at 13:00
“Some women are almost proud that they have no domestic skills as if such ineptitude is a badge of honor, rather than an embarrassment. I don’t understand this thinking at all.”

There was a Soccer Wags weakest link program on you tube a while back but it has been removed for obvious reasons. It shows women to be complete idiots and proud of it. Questions were things like:

“What is a horses foot called, a word beginning with H.” And, of course, the women could not get such a tough question. It reminds me of the woman who guessed that an elephant was larger than the moon. Where do you women come from to believe such things?

Women are now proud to be ‘infantile’ because it shows how much they can make men ‘take care of them’. They see that increased levels of stupidity and helplessness are indicative of ‘empowerment’.

kevin January 12, 2010 at 13:56

ferdz – When all those HR & gov’t jobs dry up, and women are huddled together around a burning barrel beneath a bridge, I imagine that many women will gladly offer to roll up her sleeves and scrub the floors of any man resourceful enough to build a small log cabin and grow enough potatoes and vegetables to keep food on the table. Why, she might even be willing to offer a little bit of nookie without considering it rape as well!

I’ve been thinking along these lines for some years now. when the lights go out i know which way I’m heading, also what and who I’m taking with me, every man should have a plan.

David Brandt January 12, 2010 at 14:21

Globalman
Interesting that I had the same type of woman as a mother. It is almost as if they came from a different mold. I am not much older than you are–my mom had many hardships during her life. I don’t know of anyone who knew her who would not agree with what I saw in her. So what the hell happened? Was it their life experience, upbringing, hardships and societal norms which made them so different from the conniving amoral, etc., etc., that are so abundant? Actually, this is a question I would be interested in anyone answering. It is not simply a bias on my part if everyone who knew her respected her for not only highly moral characteristics, but what seemed a great empathy for others.

Hestia January 12, 2010 at 14:39

@David Brandt-Was it their life experience, upbringing, hardships and societal norms which made them so different from the conniving amoral, etc., etc., that are so abundant?
If I may throw in my .02 about your question, all of this likely had a large impact. My late great-grandmother was a beautiful woman much like your mother and the other women described here, as were/are a few elderly ladies I am privileged to know. All came from different backgrounds, but all had/have the common tie of being forced to grow up young due to trials and struggles and the benefit of a religious/moral upbringing with both a good mother and father. Or so I have gathered from what they have shared and family history. ;)

The average girl of today does not face the same forced early adulthood, unless she grows up in special circumstances (strict religious upbringing, financial struggles, that sort of thing). Because of this young teens and women are not required to think of others but have ample time to think of themselves and cultivate a narcissistic outlook on the world instead of selflessness and virtue as happened in the past. The world is ready to stroke their egos and pump their heads with all sorts of nonsense. From the youngest of ages there are myriad media outlets to boost a girl’s “self esteem”, stories about princesses, and other ways to bring her into a fantasy world of sorts where the world is at her fingertips. At school she will be told she can be anything she’d like to be and pushed heavily towards choosing an Important Career to help the sisterhood or else she’ll be holding women back. She is a goddess and will have the world at her feet. This naturally makes for entitlement issues and an inability to take responsibility for one’s own life, both the good and bad.

To this already bloated ego is told the lie that men are lucky to have them with the implication they do not need to offer anything in a relationship but can be a princess who simply exists and gets swept off her feet. This girl typically will not get married until she is nearing her late twenties to early thirties, if she marries at all, and has ample time to learn bad habits and selfishness that will be difficult to break once a husband enters the picture, considering she wants to better herself at all.

If this woman finally becomes a mother, an event well known to be a woman’s invitation to adulthood, she will be nearly thirty, if not older, and has a lifetime of princess delusions that will suddenly come crashing down around her when the baby must come first. Suddenly the woman isn’t the center of attention and she must mature overnight, placing this helpless little one above her own needs. Plenty of women will have their first state of selfless sacrifice at this point.

Many of the women in previous generations not only became mothers while quite young, but would have helped care for other helpless human beings in the form of their siblings, elderly people who needed care, or others. This provided their initiation to mature womanhood much sooner than happens now and helped turned natural selfishness into real love and selfless giving.

zed January 12, 2010 at 14:56

“When you grow up, if you are lucky, you will marry a woman like your mum.”

From what I know of your story, it would seem safe to say that you weren’t very lucky. I can certainly understand why marriage did not look like a slavery system to you, given the mother that you had. And Paul Elam’s mother sounds pretty cool, too.

I guess I was “lucky” in a different sort of way. My mother was a thoroughly decent human being, but my old man was a rage-filled abusive asshole who hated my guts, for reasons I never discovered and could only guess at. “Marriage” looked like a pretty raw deal to me, but due to the perspective of empathizing with my mother. My brother was older and married a very cute, but morose, depressive, and helpless woman. Before I was out of High School, their marriage was in trouble and she threatened him that if he left her she would take the kids and move out of state and he would never see them again. My uncle was also married to a woman about whom the family joke was that she “enjoyed ill health” – boy, did she enjoy it.

So, instead of expecting women to be like my mother, I more or less looked for one like her – knowing that a lot of women weren’t and that getting a bad one could make a man’s life hell. What I found were angry, selfish, women with bizarre ideas and delusions of persecution – exactly the kind of women who would make a man’s life hell. Now, after a significant amount of self-reflection, I am aware of any number of selection biases on my part which made me consistently choose poor candidates. And, I am also aware of personal choices and characteristics which would make me not particularly attractive to women who might have been better candidates.

My comment to you about you putting yourself in the situation was not meant as a slam, or a snark in a game of back and forth, but rather to point out the perspective that few people are able to transcend their own experiences. If a man has a mother like you and Paul did, and had parents who had marriages like both your parents seem to have had, it is virtually impossible to come from the outside and tell that man differently – until they personally go through experiences which will convince them that some really bad marriages and really bad women exist.

Unfortunately, at that point they are often trapped in a system which is very difficult to get out of. You say you have found a way to beat that system, and I am quite willing to listen to what you have to say. But, if you really are interested in other people hearing your message I do suggest that you tone down the hostility in it a bit.

No, marriage didn’t look like slavery to you. And, the family court systems do not look like the Kangaroo Kourts that they really are to a man who has never gone through them.

And, there really are, believe it or not, a few decent women left in the world like Hestia who have not been completely poisoned by feminism. And, women like that are probably not going to be attracted to or willing to subject themselves to a relationship with men who are as jaded as you and I are.

So, as we “older guys” are talking about what we can do about the situation, and what advice we might give younger men, it will probably be worthwhile to talk about “don’t be the kind of man that the kind of woman you really want, would not want to be with.”

David January 12, 2010 at 15:14

Having a good, rational mother is great. I had and still have one (she is in her eighties now). And in fact all my immediate female relatives are good, rational women.

The problem this paradoxically created for me was that I thought all women were like that. It has taken me years to find out that the stereotype of the silly, irrational woman who talks a lot of nonsense exists for a reason.

Gunslingergregi January 12, 2010 at 18:42

””””””To this already bloated ego is told the lie that men are lucky to have them with the implication they do not need to offer anything in a relationship but can be a princess who simply exists and gets swept off her feet.””””””’

Interesting point becoming cinderella without the cinderella work ethic. Another point might be that when you come from a 2 child household or single child household gonna be diferent responsibilities than coming from an 8 or 11 child household.

JDApostasy January 12, 2010 at 18:54

Zed, I would be very interested in hearing more about this. I know you’re very prolific in your writings – have you perhaps written about these revelations (and how you arrived at them) elsewhere? I consider self-reflection an important aspect of growing and maturing. Like anything else, I also consider it a skill that can be improved upon. Tips of the trade are always of interest to me.

Ymarsakar January 12, 2010 at 19:23

Re: Hestia

The same thing lack of challenges resulting in a break with women is also comparable to the break in alpha leadership by males.

Gunslingergregi January 12, 2010 at 20:03

Another point might be woman not believing in god.

Since that is why they sacrifice right or what keeps them from unfailry abusing a man even though she might have the power. She thinks there might be some kind of payback on that in the afterlife. If you don’t believe there would be any payback why not suck as much blood from those around you as you can.

Hestia January 12, 2010 at 20:22

@gunslinger- Religious belief would not only force an individual to consider the afterlife and the morality of their choices but provides social pressure to help get them through the bad times. This is true not only for marriage but other difficult issues in life too. Having people ready to hold you accountable (or pressure you, depending on how you look at it) can help guide a person back to the right path during a time of weakness or upset.

Today this same pressure can only be found in a few religious communities and churches as many have turned into nothing more than social clubs promoting feminist values of a different sort. I could likely go to an older woman at a random church right now with some tale of marital woe that is my fault and still be told my husband caused said problem and should be divorced. In the church I grew up in and the one I spent my teens in, the advice would be much different with the pastor giving me a harsh lecture about the sin of divorce and the shame of being a single mother. Such a talk and stigma are not common today, that is for sure.

Also, a person who is deeply invested in their religion at the time of marriage may look at marriage as a covenant that is to last until death do you part and take their vows seriously. And I do emphasize the may when considering this point in today’s age seeing as evangelicals have a divorce rate that rivals the average. ;)

Get Real January 12, 2010 at 21:25

So perfectly said (and sadly the truth in many, MANY instances).

Or, unfortunately, sometimes exceeds it, Hestia.

InternetWood January 12, 2010 at 21:57

I got my haircut today.

There was a Proud Old Man(50-70) talking to another Proud Old Man(50-70) about Kids These Days. I told them both:

“You know another thing kids these days don’t have? The good jobs you had when you were younger.”

Didn’t get any smack talk back from them. Which is a miracle, but probably because I had proved that I would hurt their poor little feelings.

Get Real January 12, 2010 at 22:03

Hestia,

It is always a pleasure reading what you have to say, and you must be to your husband a great example of ‘The Awesome Power of a Wife’s Love’!

I think this masterpiece of a song, from that masterpiece of a show — The Phantom of the Opera — captures the essence of what real love is between a man and a woman.

In the spirit of this thread, I dedicate this to you and all other ladies and wives out there who genuinely love their husbands, and their families. (In ‘modern-day’ society — ‘Mystery Babylon’ — you don’t know how special and precious you all really are to us men) -

RAOUL

and to guide you . . .

CHRISTINE
Say you love me
every
waking moment,
turn my head
with talk of summertime . . .

Say you need me

no more night . . .
and you
always beside me
to hold me
and to hide me . . .

RAOUL
Then say you’ll share with
me one

of you . . .

CHRISTINE
Say you’ll share with
me one
love, one lifetime . . .
say the word
and I will follow you . . .

BOTH
Share each day with
me, each
night, each morning . . .

CHRISTINE

Gunslingergregi January 12, 2010 at 22:44

””””””’Anywhere you go
let me go too . . .
Love me -
that’s all I ask
of you . .””””””’

Yea nice sent chills. All my wife asks is for me to be with her and try to create some babies. Nothing about money she makes that. Nothing about a house she has one paid for. Nothing about me doing any more sacrificing I have already done that in her eyes. Nothing about her making me in her image of the perfect man. I am already that in her eyes.

Gunslingergregi January 12, 2010 at 22:56

dry -your tears.
I’m here,
with you, beside you,
to guard you
and to guide you . . .

””””””””””””””””””

See men should take this one to heart. If a woman seeks security be the man that helps her achieve it. I was the one who gave my wife the money to open her businesses. She is the one who made them successful. So yea teamwork. Her goal was my goal to have a place I could go and chill with her without me worrying about working anymore. She accomplished that.

”””””’I’m here,
nothing can harm you -”””””

Be her hero. Hard to do but worthwhile he he he

”””””’Let me be
your freedom,”””””’

And she lets me know how thankfull she is that I made the sacrifices I have made to insure that one person in this world was free.

Gunslingergregi January 12, 2010 at 23:01

It was when I thought I was losing my job that I sent her the money for her first hair salon. I wanted to make sure she was ok.

Hestia you may want to look into that since yea where she lives it cost 2 dollars for a female haircut. So I imagine that you could make decent money in the states. You don’t need to cut hair just open a place and hire people who do. Maybe 10k investment.

David Brandt January 13, 2010 at 04:54

Hestia
“Just the way I try to make sense of the phenomena anyway. My great-grandmother and the other ladies I mentioned are truly my heroes and inspiration. The death of their kind is tragic and couldn’t have come at a worse time.”
Your observation is accurate and greatly appreciated. Also, coming from that example/older paradigm into this one “The world is ready to stroke their egos and pump their heads with all sorts of nonsense. From the youngest of ages there are myriad media outlets to boost a girl’s “self esteem”, stories about princesses, and other ways to bring her into a fantasy world of sorts where the world is at her fingertips. At school she will be told she can be anything she’d like to be and pushed heavily towards choosing an Important Career to help the sisterhood or else she’ll be holding women back. She is a goddess and will have the world at her feet. This naturally makes for entitlement issues and an inability to take responsibility for one’s own life, both the good and bad.”
is what forced a number of us to open our eyes and adjust. At my age, I have observed this change. My mom was born in 1924 into a religious (Catholic) and very close family–and your description of what she lived through (and then some) is highly accurate. Her morality was not something she talked about, with the exception of imparting it on her children. She lived it–if she said she was going to do something it was done. I don’t know of anyone who did not respect her (although my brother Mike was a notable exception–and I outlined his character in another post concerning my daughter). Interestingly enough, he never would have been able to become a physician had it not been for her efforts over the years. He is such a sleezy character that my stepdad told him if he ever saw him again he’d break him in half. Since he was a man of his word (and could carry something like that through quite easily) my brother took his advice. I recall mouthing off at my stepdad once when I was a teenager, getting lifted up with one hand and thrown against a wall. I did not consider that a bad thing at all….just a lesson in life. He was another one who taught by example.

Get Real January 13, 2010 at 07:58

Gunslingergregi,

Well, apparently the POTO song “All I Ask of You” really touched a nerve and sentiment with you.

You seem to have a wonderful wife, that is terrific. Treasure her always. Someday soon the Men of the West will all have loving, caring wives once again.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Get Real January 13, 2010 at 08:02

”””””’I’m here,
nothing can harm you -”””””

Be her hero. Hard to do but worthwhile he he he

”””””’Let me be
your freedom,”””””’

___

Gunslingergregi,

HOORAH!

Hestia January 13, 2010 at 08:48

@getreal- Thank you for your kind words. :)

*davidbrandt- The situation you describe with your brother is awful. Just think today your step-dad would be looked down upon for being a good parent and disciplining the children in his care. That might be another factor is how women have become who they are today: a lack of parental discipline. What some children are allowed to get away with today is shocking.

My aunt and uncle didn’t punish my fifteen year old cousin after she got caught by the police driving around in the middle of the night with twentysomething men last summer. She was told not to do it again and only heard differently as just a few days later our family had a Fourth of July BBQ where my parents and grandparents have this cousin an earful about her foolish behavior and how dangerous this could have been.

If I had done this, I can guarantee my Dad would have told the police to take me in and he’d come get me the next day. I would have then been grounded for the rest of summer and had absolutely no happiness in my life. My sister and I were both punished severely for far, far less than what my cousin did.

This gross disregard for discipline will only get worse in the future with the rise of “non-punitive discipline” and “taking children seriously”. Google these for an eyeopening experience. Soon simply telling a child no will be child abuse if some wackos have their way.

Get Real January 13, 2010 at 09:36

Ah, so sadly, but importantly true.

Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.Proverbs 13:24

The rod and reproof give wisdom, But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother.Proverbs 29:15

Globalman January 13, 2010 at 09:47

Zed,
“From what I know of your story, it would seem safe to say that you weren’t very lucky.”

It’s interesting actually. Over christmas I was getting drunk with a mate and I commented that I would not change anything that happened in my life. Even though men read my comments as ‘complaints’. They are not. Though men see my comments as ‘hostile’, they are not. I am not suggesting I will in any way injure a woman. I am only saying I will not stop any other man from doing so. I am indifferent to western women. They were not indifferent to me when my children were kidnapped.

“My comment to you about you putting yourself in the situation was not meant as a slam,”
Zed, it was certainly not taken that way. I thought it was a very fair comment. I did. I have great respect for what you say.

It’s important to realise that a lot of men are told ‘having a wife and children are the best things a man can have’. And a lot fall for it. Me included. I can now testify that this is most certainly not the case. I can speak with authority of 23 years of experience to the young guys.

There is also the point that I was so ‘in the matrix’ that I would have worked my arse off for another 20 years to provide for the woman and children I loved unless I died sooner from over-work. Now I am ‘out of the matrix’ the number of hours I NEED to work to provide for myself is 300 per year versus 2000+ over the last 28 years or so. How many guys can live on 300 hours work a year? Not many. Everything else is cream. If things go to plan I will be able to make enough money in 5 years working to retire. The previous 27 years left me with no money at all.

I was not lucky in terms of finding my wife. No. I certainly did not get one like my mum. But I consider myself a VERY LUCKY man. I have lived a life that few men live. I have worked in 200+ companies in 20+ countries on 5 continents. I live better than 99% of other men. I am a world leader in my profession. I am one of the most highly regarded members of my family. 99.9% of men would swap with my life now. I just had to learn along the way that women are not the people my mum made them out to be. Bad luck me. I will pass that message to the younger guys for the remainder of my life. Western women are crap. Don’t let them in your house.

It is also not lost on me that this system I am now taking on and wishing to destroy is actually the same system that gave me a great life. It is quite ironic that by destroying this system I will likely lose more.

In terms of the kind of man I am now. In public situations, where I am at work, I must act like western women are decent. That it is an act is no problem. With my eastern european women friends I am my ‘normal’ self. My lady friends all comment that I am not ‘normal’ that I am not ‘like other men’. I am the consumate gentleman with these women. I am really lucky with the eastern women. I have found 4 really good ones over the last 20 months and now settled on two of them as the women I like to spend my time with. I date some others looking for the ‘next’ one but these two have become very special to me and I hope we will all be happy campers for some time to come.

Ymarsakar January 13, 2010 at 12:47

Talk about a Faustian bargain.

zed January 13, 2010 at 13:40

JDApostasy

I already wrote this reply once, but the damn server glitched on me, so this version is going to be a bit shorter than my first one.

I was never all that interested in marriage, in fact it had always looked like a raw deal to me, so I never evaluated the women I was dating or considering dating in terms of whether they would be good wives. In fact, being marriage-averse, I actually dated women that either were not particularly interested in marriage, or women who presented no real “threat” of being someone I wanted to spend my life with. In short, I never looked for Miss Right – instead I always dated Miss Right-Now.

That started back in the early days of the sexual revolution, when all of us were busy throwing off those “unreasonable sexually repressive” attitudes of the 50s, so it didn’t occur to me until much later that I was actually selecting for dating what guys today are calling sluts. A lot of us had the mistaken notion that one day we would just stumble upon the right person (our “soul mate”) and things would just naturally segue into marriage. Of course, it didn’t work like that because the skills and attitudes necessary to make a marriage work are most likely present in someone who really wants to do that.

In fact, I actually avoided marriage-minded women – women who actually really wanted to be wives. I’ve never in my life slept with a virgin because I retained enough traditional values that I didn’t want to feel obligated to marry a woman just because she “gave” me her virginity. If she had slept with other men before me, then she wasn’t giving me anything special so I could just go along for the ride.

As someone who didn’t particularly value wifely qualities and aspirations, I was, of course, not particularly attractive to women who had them. I was a true thug – an outlaw biker – and so I attracted exactly the kind of women that men here complain about. And so, a nice, dull, conservative woman who might have turned out to be a good wife was not only off my radar, but I was also the kind of man their daddy warned them about.

David January 13, 2010 at 15:06

You guys have interesting stories. But my personal experience with women has been a lot more uniformly positive. And yet I have always been anti-feminist. My daughter asked me last night, and I agreed that I don’t like feminism.

I’m not sure where my attitude on this came from. I think I have always thought feminism was unreasonable; complaining about restrictions on women while ignoring demands on men (such as wartime service); complaining about housework while ignoring household maintenance and the trials of breadwinning for men; and so on.

A huge surprise and disappointment for me has always been the way that men chose to largely pay lip service to feminism. Even those that initially did not often changed their tune. A classic and downright strange case was Norman Mailer, who was stridently anti-feminist earlier in his writing career, but became a real pro-feminist poodle by the end of his life. Just weird.

I think men have come to this gender war with the old weapons, not realising that this was a different kind of war. Rather like America trying to fight a conventional war in Vietnam against an unconventional enemy, who were always going to fight an ungentlemanly guerrilla war. (Interesting, by the way, that American feminism really got started after the military humiliation of men in Vietnam).

Look at the way that Lady Raine and Denise Romano tried to damage Roissy in DC. Classic guerrilla tactics: harrassing, needling, attacking morale, indirection, alliance-building, appeals to higher authority, economic attacks, trying to use public opinion, not trying to win by force of argument but by posing as victims.

Men simply must use their true strengths against feminists – humour especially. Make them angry. We need fewer posts whining about how women are taking over, and more posts mocking feminists and women in general (like the Shii post).

You can be personally lucky with a woman though, and once you have one who is committed to you, a man is in a strong position. My wife has enormous “sunk costs” in our marriage. No matter how much she bitches and moans now, she cannot take back bearing my three children, cooking endless meals for me, and doing my laundry for twenty-odd years.

I think my situation is the feminist’s nightmare. What they wanted to do was make this impossible. I think they realised that by creating chaos using pre-marital sex, abortion, contraception, careers for women and no-fault divorce, they would render it nearly impossible for a man to find and keep a happy woman.

Men have to become “as wily as snakes”. We need to stop romanticising women and start approaching marriage with the cunning and care of a bazaar trader.

I had to sidestep at least one bitch; so I could have ended up married to the wrong girl. I was a bit lucky to escape her. A man has to use his brains. One of the best things about the new masculinity being discussed at places like this, is that it encourages men to look at the issues coolly and not to confuse the feminine image with the feminist reality.

Globalman January 13, 2010 at 15:20

“We need fewer posts whining about how women are taking over, and more posts mocking feminists and women in general (like the Shii post).”

Yep…mocking them really pisses them off. My personal favourite is to simply tell the truth. Women have the intelligence level of 7-10 year old boys. Period.

They do not have the intelligence to even be in the debate with men. And they are certainly not going to do anything useful in getting rid of the bunch of parasites who keep us in their hamster wheels.

In my opinion women can be safely ignored until after we deal with the ‘bad guys’. If we don’t deal with the ‘bad guys’ we don’t have to worry about feminism our conditions of slavery will be much worse.

Globalman January 13, 2010 at 15:24

“I was also the kind of man their daddy warned them about.”

That’s ironic. You were, in part, ‘saved’ by the dreaded ‘patriarchy’ by making sure no ‘good girl’ got a ‘bad man’ like you! LOL!! That’s so funny.

And stupid fuckers like me went like lambs to the slaughter…..again…so funny. I even sold my bike because it was ‘too dangerous’!!

I am getting to like you more and more zed!

David January 13, 2010 at 15:39

Globalman and others

Women have many weak points. Attack those if you want to annoy feminists. You American men are so serious. You will never win a serious argument with a woman, especially a feminist.

There are some nice ladies on this site, so I don’t want to be too explicit. But can’t you guys see that every time you whine about how powerful women are these days (a dubious argument in itself), you only strengthen the feminist case? Look, they will say, we are winning.

Here are some examples of the kind of things you can do:

Mock the academic pretensions of Denise Romano with her two master’s degrees (no Ph.D. I notice). Mock “Lady Raine” (who created her a “Lady” – she is not British nobility!)

More posts like the Shii post.

Women’s bodies are a weak point with them. Their bodies are inherently pretty amusing anyway (boobies!)

Women have never achieved much intellectually. Remind feminists of this at every opportunity. Feminists are good at making claims as to the ability of women. Well, I can claim that one day I will be the World Boxing Champion. Doesn’t mean much.

And so on.

Make fun of feminists. In the Internet Age, there is nothing they can do to stop it. Post videos mocking women and their pretensions.

You won’t win this war with conventional weapons. Use the shaming words, old and new. Use images to shame. That whacked out tart at the top of a recent post is a good example.

Feminists have tried to use humour, in their clumsy female way. This is one weapon men will always win with. Don’t fight this war with conventional male weapons – logic, reason. Use the male atom bomb, your sense of humour.

Australians have a better sense of humour, irony and the ridiculous than you Americans. I think that is one good reason why Australian feminists have had less success in the culture.

In “game” terms, you must all use a lot more “You are so cute” on women if you want to win this gender war.

Snark January 13, 2010 at 15:51

Incorrect. Their movement depends on being perpetual victims.

Jabberwocky from home January 13, 2010 at 16:03

I agree. Women are powerful because of one thing; Pussy. Its not something to be proud of. Its like making someone back down when you have a gun and they don’t. Pussy is power. It determines wether we are evolutionary dead ends or not. It is about control of our meta-existence from an evolutionary stand point. That shit is profound.

David January 13, 2010 at 16:07

Defeatism.

Pussy is funny.

You guys have to stop taking women so seriously.

Only then will you win.

zed January 13, 2010 at 16:11

I think that may be due to our Puritan heritage.

Do you know why America got the Puritans and Australia got the convicts?

Australia got first choice. ;)

David January 13, 2010 at 16:37

zed

Exactly. Why are you Americans so fucking serious all the time?

Women are pretty ridiculous, and feminists are especially ridiculous.

Why do you not get this?

Fair dinkum, if I put on a bra every day, I would have a little humility. Women are funny. Laugh at them more. Feminists will hate it and lose their rag … so to speak.

alpha #9287 February 19, 2010 at 02:16

Aussie man’s foreplay:

Brace yourself love, I’m comin’ in.

Lord Viktor October 6, 2010 at 11:57

@David:

I think you may be right. Women love it when men get angry at their own oppression because it “proves” just how dangerous we really are in their own deluded minds.

Women despise male anger when it is directed at them. The only time they are unafraid is if it is the impotent whining you mentioned. They win either way because if you get mad, they get to point out to their sisters how scary and misogynistic you are.

If you whine, not only do they get to bask in the righteous suffering for the sins of your evil ancestor males, they get to tell you to shut up and man up, you whiner! Most women are incapable of sympathy, so don’t look for it.

Smile and make fun of them instead. It’ll drive them insane.