Post-Christmas Update

by W.F. Price on December 26, 2009

I hope all our readers have enjoyed the holiday so far. For my part, I’ve had my kids and parents over, and we’ve all been enjoying ourselves. The weather in Seattle has been glorious — a little cold, but sunny and clear.

We’ll probably be a bit spotty with the posts until after the New Year. I expect our readers and authors alike to enjoy themselves as they please with friends and family, and of course we should all be availing ourselves of the opportunity to bond with those we love. I hope every reader, no matter what religion (or lack thereof), gets the most out of this most important of Western holidays.

I just learned that there will soon be another baby in my family, and despite the twisted state of the family today that’s always a cause for celebration. I have faith that things will get better in time, and in this Christmas season I am reaffirmed in my efforts to make that happen. The happy children, the family I love, and the general goodwill have all given me some optimism.

There is something about holiday cheer that replenishes us, and that is something we need, because there is such a big fight ahead. So eat, drink and be happy! In the New Year we will be well-rested and committed to the utter destruction of totalitarian feminism, the greatest evil of our time.

JDApostasy December 26, 2009 at 04:55

Haha, glad to hear the cheery news, Welmar. I’m originally from Bellingham – do you know the area? I hope to return sometime in February, when I get some much anticipated leave from Okinawa.

Paul December 26, 2009 at 05:38

Your optimists words Welmer just remind me of how completely cynical I am.

Rebel December 26, 2009 at 07:36

Happy New Year to all. It’s great to enjoy a break.

May 2010 be the great year of Victory. We have a huge fight ahead of us.

May we all enjoy fighting this gender war… the war that will never end.
Peacetime is always a time of stagnation. Wartime is always a time of progress.

Those who stop fighting usually die. Life is all about war.

The best is still to come!

The Truth December 26, 2009 at 07:54

Greetings to all.

Firepower December 26, 2009 at 09:27

Optimism is such a wonderful, cherished thing this Holiday Season. If only Custer and his men had more of it, they just could’ve won.

Lash December 26, 2009 at 10:03

Very well said, Welmer. Congratulations to your family on the impending addtion.

Here on the east coast, in the greater national capital area, as it’s called, the Blizzard O’Nine has gone and we’re waiting patiently for the last of the wet ice to melt. This guy will take slush over ice and snow any time.

You’re right – this is the most important of Western holidays. Although despite the sales figures, Easter is still the most important Christian holiday. You’ll notice that the same haters who don’t want any top retailer mentioning Chr_stm_s on television do not react at all at frequent mentions of Easter.

Merry Christmastide.

21Guns December 26, 2009 at 11:39

Probably because ‘Easter’ isn’t a Christian word.

Welmer December 26, 2009 at 12:07

-JDApostacy

Of course I know Bellingham. Even the speed traps just outside of town! Nice little town, but people are even worse than Seattlites when it comes to being afraid of strangers, so it’s kind of hard to strike up a conversation if you don’t fit in.

@Paul & Firepower

A little optimism can’t hurt, as long as we keep in mind that we don’t have the entire Union Army behind us.

@Rebel

Yes, a fight can be great fun.

Icaros2K December 26, 2009 at 12:23

The end of the post was pretty funny in an unexpected way. First “Merry Christmas to all, celebrate and be merry”, and then something akin to “tomorrow we shall DESTROY our enemies!”

It’s all in the spirit of Christmas.

totalitarian feminism, the greatest evil of our time

That’s grandiose.

Anyway, best wishes to all of you.

Welmer December 26, 2009 at 12:33

@Icaros

That’s just my sense of humor, Icaros. I was also writing under the influence of some Christmas spirits. ;)

Gx1080 December 26, 2009 at 12:49

You are right. Despite PC-atheist faggots wanting to ruin the party, is Christmas and we’ll see a brand, new 2010. Which will be a better year.

A good holiday spirit, with just a spice of alcohol. Ok, maybe more than a spice.

And gratz on the new family mamber, Welmer.

Icaros2010 December 26, 2009 at 13:01

I guess it’s time to update my nick to reflect the new date. On with the times!

Gx, on the other hand, seems to be permanently stuck in the past…

adan flores December 26, 2009 at 14:08

Feliz nuevo anos, Welmer, one and all. . .and a huge Krap on Kwanzaa!

Novaseeker December 26, 2009 at 16:16

Yeah in Europe the balance between Christmas and Easter is more obvious, for while we in the US have Christmas Day as a national holiday (even the most rabidly secular aren’t attacking that one … yet), we do not have any national holidays around Easter. In Europe, Easter is in many countries a four-day weekend, making it one of the biggest holidays of the year. In the US, it’s something totally in the “private” sphere, as it is celebrated on a Sunday, and Good Friday and Easter Monday re normal working days. So here in the US we tend to skew towards Christmas a bit more than you see in Europe.

Lash December 27, 2009 at 09:38

Probably because ‘Easter’ isn’t a Christian word.

nice try though

Jabherwochie December 28, 2009 at 08:37

X-mas is over. I couldn’t help but notice that my two nieces got hardly anything other than princess themed stuff. My sister in law is a high-achiever, catholic, puts both girls in daycare, believes in “equality” feminism, uses birth control, and buys them princess stuff out the wazoo. I call that hypocricy squared. Shes a good person. Really good person (a looker too). I’m just saying, women really don’t see anything wrong with picking the parts of belief systems that work for them and ignoring the parts that don’t.

Also, everyone in my family knows I’m an MRA (or think I just resent women, as they don’t get the political leanings of it all, as most of my stuff is discussed primarily through terms of evolutionary psychology), amongst everything else I am. I don’t edit my thoughts well enough to keep secrets from my family, nor care to, but I was talking about men tracking moving objects at exponentially greater skill the faster the object is moving in comparison to women, and a male boarder at my mom’s house who was briefly chatting with my family got very uncomfortable and tried to change the subject. This guy is an well to do programmer, highly educated and well spoken, who rents a room from my mom, as staying long term in hotel rooms is more expensive and less accomidating (my mom takes in white collar boarders on extended buisness trips for extra cash), and he was visably uncomfortable at my conversation, despite everyone in my family taking this stuff in good humor. Reminded me that we have a long way to go. It was my family, a fairly non-contravesial subject, and this guy reflexively white knights. Shame.

Firepower December 28, 2009 at 09:05

Welmer December 26, 2009 at 12:07 pm
@Paul & Firepower

I agree

A little optimism
is good for small causes,
what’s better are small victories.