Feminists Infuriated by Composition of New Seattle Mayor’s Staff

Post image for Feminists Infuriated by Composition of New Seattle Mayor’s Staff

by W.F. Price on December 18, 2009

Seattle’s mayor elect Mike McGinn ran on a progressive platform, beating incumbent Greg “cheeseburger” Nickels and corporate egghead Joe Mallahan. Jan Drago, feminist City Councilwoman, was annihilated in the primary, suggesting that Washington State’s feminist juggernaut is running out of steam. However, as you might imagine, this hasn’t reduced the volume of feminist complaints, and now the composition of the incoming McGinn administration is under fire from the poorly-constructed foxholes of Seattle’s feminist media, which is run by former employees of The Stranger, namely Josh Feit and petty thief Erica Barnett. The Stranger was hoisted to prominence by sex advice columnist Dan Savage, who pretty much runs the publication at this point. I would like to commend Savage for dispensing with Barnett, although I doubt it was a very difficult decision.

Erica Barnett looks – and writes – like a chipmunk on meth, and she is heavily larded with feminist cred, so read the article with that in mind, and remember that every feminist is morally impeachable.

To fire up her feminist legions, Barnett “exposes” McGinn with the following:

One thing jumps out of the list of new appointees Mayor-Elect Mike McGinn has announced so far: Only one of the seven new appointments announced today—executive assistant Allison Burson—is a woman. That brings the total number of new female McGinn appointees to two (for a total of four women on his staff, including two who are already members of Mayor Nickels’ team), compared to eight male staffers.

Moreover, those eight men are all in top-level positions (State Legislative Director, Director of External Affairs, Director of Communications, Office of Intergovernmental Relations Director… ); the women, in contrast, include two city liaisons (the two Nickels reappointments) and McGinn’s executive assistant. Chief of staff Julie McCoy, in other words, is the only woman in a high-level position in the McGinn administration.

Keep in mind that Barnett is whining in a state that has a female governor and two female senators. Washington state might as well be a gynocracy, which might be exactly why feminists are so emboldened as to demand more than parity. Nickels, an obviously unpopular mayor, appointed a significant majority of women to his staff, two thirds to be precise. Perhaps they didn’t do the job, but to feminist crooks like Barnett, none of that matters — they just want to shove their snouts in the trough.

Seattle has long been a feminist stronghold; the City Council was dominated by a plurality of radical feminists in the 90s. The King County courthouse, with which I have unfortunately had some experience, was, and still is to an extent, a hotbed of misandry. Seattle is a strange town in that it combines a lot of working-class men with a lot of professional types, and it doesn’t take much effort to figure out who loses in that situation. However, things are starting to change.

Although I am somewhat suspicious of the San Francisco style “progressive” politics that McGinn practices, he’s a lot better than the feminist commissar types like Jan Drago. A lot of young men were inspired by McGinn, and that, I hope, says something positive about the guy. In any event, I’ll hold him to it. A liberal progressive is better than a “conservative” feminist, and if it takes some shilling for the usual liberal BS to oust a hard-core feminist, I’ll play along. Hell, in this town we have no choice.

PeterUK December 18, 2009 at 17:26

Welmer said:

‘but to feminist crooks like Barnett, none of that matters — they just want to shove their snouts in the trough.’

Exactly.

Novaseeker December 18, 2009 at 17:39

I love watching the left devour itself. Almost as much fun as the democratic primaries in 08.

WTF R They Thinking December 18, 2009 at 19:01

Why do feminists complain? Why, for the same reasons dogs lick their balls.

Because they can…

If a feminist complained in the forest, and no one was there to hear, would anyone really give a flying f$%K?

Ask not what a feminist can do for you, but what YOU can do to make her shut the f@!k up!

The Fifth Horseman December 18, 2009 at 19:10

Until women are equally interested in making sure the same number of women fall through the glass floor as men (prison, homelessness, suicide)…

..they have no business complaining about a glass ceiling.

Of course, I don’t expect women to grasp this. This point is intended for MEN to internalize, and use as a counterattack.

I will say that in the workplace, I see that Asian women outperform white women by a margin much greater than the margin by which Asian Men outperform white men.

So the economic uncompetitiveness of women is more pronounced in whites than Asians.

Solution : Appointing/hiring Asian woman is a low-risk strategy to shut feminists up (or otherwise bait them into even more outlandish bigotry that causes intra-gender warfare).

Omega Man December 18, 2009 at 19:31

I have always thought of Seattle as the poor man’s San Francisco. McGinn is an anomaly; establishment liberalism lives strong in Seattle. Joe Mallahan was the establishment candidate, but only as an afterthought, at the horror of McGinn actually getting in and monkeying with the system. Dow Constantine is evidence of how important it is to be a politically correct, ass-kissing political insider. Frankly I don’t think the people of Seattle or King County deserve any better; if they are going to put people like this, and Dan Satterberg into office, they can live with the consequences.

Leopold II, King of the Belgians December 18, 2009 at 20:42

You can do something.

Leave.

Beta guy December 18, 2009 at 22:06

He looks kind of like Steve Sailer, LOL.
Steve is on the right in this photo:

Welmer December 19, 2009 at 06:42

You can do something.

Leave.

ray December 19, 2009 at 10:33

You can do something.

Leave

i’ve got a better idea, there, King Leopold of Belchin:

since the matriarchy is everywhere, and there isn’t any “leaving,” i think i’ll just destroy the matriarchy

saves on travel expenses

hope that’s OK with you, but if not, well, you can go down with it

p.s. gotta love the appropro moniker of the Fem Commissar: Jan (the Dragon) Drago

finally, truth in government!

Bob December 19, 2009 at 10:46

By now, I should stop being surprised when feminist writers, and leftists in general, hold other to standards completely divorced from qualifications or experience. If the appointments are so bad, if gender is a meaningless difference (and chipmnuk-girl’s hair is so short she probably thinks gender is a social construct), then what else is left but qualifications?

They probably think intelligence, experience, and charisma are social constructs, too.

Matt K December 19, 2009 at 12:52

If what’s happened here in the UK is anything go by though, Bob, what will happen is that they will grade-inflate until a large percentage of people have top grades and thus that they are all ‘equally qualified’. Then any choice of non-politically correct candidates ‘must’ be ‘discrimination’.

Ultimately, the problem here is the ability of the federal government to impose taxation, either directly on the citizen or indirectly through the states, on a basis other than per head. If the federal govt could not do that, it culd not then feed that money back to the states and thus control

globalman December 19, 2009 at 13:14

How about women build their own cities and then have women counsellors running the cities THEY built.

Oh…women don’t want to break a fingernail actually laying a brick?

Who built seattle? Men. Who should run seattle? Men.

Yet women come along like so many johnny come latelies and infest the place like cockroaches and think they should run the place built by men.

All those men who think we should some how offer the hand of peace to women are mangina apologists in my opinion. My opinion is to make women economic servants o better yet, slaves, for their betrayal of us. I don’t have anything to do with any woman who is not an economic ‘servant’ of mine.

Women, quite simply, are now beneath me, and I know it.

globalman December 19, 2009 at 13:27

Welmer December 19, 2009 at 6:42 am
“I’ve thought about it, but my kids are here, and I’d have to leave without them. That’s something I won’t do.”
Welmer, in all seriousness. The best thing I ever did for myself was to dis-own my kids. It nearly killed me to do so as in I thought many nights I might take a long walk on my short balcony. But now I have deconstructed my ‘family man’ identity and constructed my ‘global man’ identity I am MUCH happier.

Men have this stupid idea that their kids care about them. And they are brainwashed with all this crap about how honourable it is to do the best for their kids. It is all a bunch of crap. If men were respected for what they did for their kids the kids would not be stolen from them in the first place.

At my court hearing my exs lawyer tried to make a ‘big deal’ out of my disowning my children. Was any mention made of her kidnapping them and poisoning them against me? No.

As a man who was the most committed and dedicated father possible, whos commitment and dedication nearly cost him his life, my advice to any man who has his right to be the father he chooses to be to his children violated is to dis-own them and walk away. If millions of men take this advice you will see that NO men will have their right to their children violated. And by the way, I also recommend paying NO child support while any man is not completely satisfied that his rights are not being violated in any way. More men should do this. Men who ‘fight the system’ for their children are ignorant and merely perpetuating the problem. The man is right. Leave. Forget the kids. They were never yours anyway. I would bet they don’t really give a shit about you or they would be living with you. I know I am putting it ‘out there’ and being tough about it. But that’s how I choose to present it.

I was asked this week (by a woman because women are stupid) what I would do if one of my kids tracked me down and confronted me by putting themselves in front of me. Only a woman could be so stupid, right. So I told her I would tell the child to fuck off as they were nothing to do with me and go about my business. Simple. I suggest ALL men do the same. And watch the gynocracy fall.

globalman December 19, 2009 at 13:30

“Erica Barnett looks – and writes – like a chipmunk on meth”

Feminists are, in the vast maority, ugly…this one is no exception…no way I could get it up with such an ugly face in front of me.

Master Dogen December 19, 2009 at 14:27

The most enjoyable thing about Seattle (other 16-hour summer days) is how easy it is to offend people. You have to be in a good mood to handle all their sanctimony, but I’m always in a good mood.

Master Dogen December 19, 2009 at 14:27

^other than

adan flores December 19, 2009 at 16:00

As a correspondence-clerk for The City of Seattle in the late 90s, I saw firsthand how this ablating shit ran downhill-from the palace-eunuch Mayor to the neutered police dog Norm Stamper. The next decade, of course, got worse. Here’s hoping McGinn sets a much-needed precedent.

3dshooter December 19, 2009 at 21:03

It would seem the whore’s are still in charge . . . at least in western Washington state.

I can’t recall where I read/heard it but weren’t the women imported to occupy the whore houses largely in charge of the city in the early day’s? Apparently, thing’s haven’t changed much . . .

Seattle – put your bitches in their place (as the rest of us need to do )

Strikeforcemorituri December 20, 2009 at 13:14

I have to agree Seattle is definitely a poor man’s San Fransisco. Culturally this city is so bland and the people are so whipped by Political Correctness. I find it hard to believe that people here refuse to address the realities of what a real city is like, Erica Barnett, Dan Savage, And Femme ass men like Josh Feit kill me with their so called their thinly veiled witty observations about how they can change the powers that be here. Oh well that’s Seattle though.

Welmer December 20, 2009 at 14:49

I have to agree Seattle is definitely a poor man’s San Fransisco.
-Strikeforcemorituri

I think of Seattle as San Francisco’s dorky little sister with thick glasses, braces and no sense of style.

Portland, for its part, is the retarded little sister — you know, the one who has to be kept on one of those kid leashes (sorry Jack). :)

Fabian December 23, 2009 at 15:19

I have been an unfortunate resident of Seattle for the past several years. I was working on getting out of this place last summer, but then the huge economic implosion hit, dashing my job leads. I feel like Don Corleone in “The Godfather Part III” as he gets sucked back into the Mob: “I get out, they pull me back in!” I’ve included a link to a post I put on Urban Dictionary about a year and a half ago, in which I define ‘Seattle’. I checked it today, and for the first time I actually have more “thumbs-up” than “thumbs-down” votes. I figure that up until now, Seattle natives were flooding the results with their negative votes. Perhaps you’ll enjoy it:

Welmer December 23, 2009 at 16:16

-Fabian

The sad thing is that this isn’t how Seattle always was. This town used to be a much more interesting place to live before the 90s, when it turned into a pretentious, corporate-oriented, micro-managed joke of a city.

I’m a 4th gen. Seattlite, and most of the friends I grew up with are long gone. I think that’s a big part of the problem — most of the young natives split town as it was filled up with people from all over the place, which killed any sense of neighborliness or common culture. Now, this has got to be the most cliquish place I can think of.

BTW, I offend people here all the time. I also feign offense just for the fun of it. Nothing ruffles a pretentious Seattlite quite like being told how offensive their opinions are — they really can’t tell when you’re joking, either (not the white ones, anyway).

Lethargio December 23, 2009 at 16:32

@Globalman

Depends, ‘disowning’ could be interpreted either way.

Dis-own the kids and this plays into feminists arguments about men not being bothered, discarding family life, etc. Even though you might come off with less baggage. It galvanises feminist arguments.

It’s the same as men just not having the energy to fight in the courts. No one looks to the real reasons why men ‘can’t’ fight (e.g., even emotional trauma!). That’s why men cynically withdraw but they’re branded as not giving a hoot.

I’d still favour some form of change being brought about by men fighting legally, showing women in their true light and eroding feminist agendas. A war of attrition ensues.

I dunno, but slowly but surely, woman’s character is changing for the whole of society to see. A sea-change in the ‘aura of woman’.

The more men can prove woman’s genuine inabilities of motherhood in the courts, the more that bullshit motherhood aura is challenged. More and more the burden of proof will lie on the woman to show herself worthy and her mother nature/nurture aura we all bought into will be of little use. She’ll actually have to prove herself as not part of a growing culture of irresponsible mothers we see more and more in the news.

I’d say the courts here in the UK will soon get weary of what seems to be a growing trend, a rise in irresponsible women, unworthy mothers.

Just a thought and I believe it’s happening, slowly tilting.

Fabian December 23, 2009 at 16:37

Welmer – I’ve heard the same thing from other long-time Seattle residents, i.e., it was pretty cool here before the ’90s. What a shame.

The Fifth Horseman December 23, 2009 at 17:54

it was pretty cool here before the ’90s. What a shame.

That is true of almost any place in the US.

California, before 90s, was paradise on Earth. Great wealth, beautiful women, and a far more business-friendly climate than now. It was Reagan’s state.

All gone now…. (except the weather).

ray December 23, 2009 at 18:56

California, before 90s, was paradise on Earth.

no it wasnt, i was born there and worked in s.f. thru the eighties

s.f. was, along with say, eugene and portland OR, the most anti-male town i’ve ever experienced (and i’ve experienced a lot more of them than i ever wanted)

it sure was, and he was Kali Fornica’s little uggums — what a pair they made

. . . called his wife Mommie, till the day he died!

he sure grinned a lot, but he aint grinning now

ray December 23, 2009 at 19:05

“I’m a 4th gen. Seattlite, and most of the friends I grew up with are long gone.”

well, just from this thread, seems there are a number of anti-feminist folks in the western washington area

i would agree, for reasons i’ll skip at present, that washington state is, like washington of the district of goddess columbia, rather a stronghold of the gynogulag

what with a number of MRA-types in the area, and what with the top legislative offices held by women, it would seem a perfect locale for a little warm weather anti-matriarchy celebration

i’ll go assuming

1) i’m not homeless by then and
2) i can find 100 bucks for gas (a BIG assumption lol)

…but only on the condition i’m allowed to carry a sign reading Down With The Matriarchy

any activists around here?