And the Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize is…

by Gx1080 on December 13, 2009

Nobama:

Color me surprised *rolls eyes*

In other US news:  Monday, December 7 was the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Funny that nobody talks about that.

The Fifth Horseman December 13, 2009 at 03:22

The bigger news is that Obama’s approval rating on Rasmussen just hit the lowest point ever.

25% strongly approve, 41% strongly disapprove, for a ‘passion index’ of -16. No President has ever been this low before the end of even the first year.

Icaros December 13, 2009 at 03:43

Excuse me, but what’s the point of this post? What’s the connection between Obama’s (sorry, Nobama’s) prize and Pearl Harbor, and has it some relevance to the audience of this site? Both events are not exactly news or anything.

Btw, if you have URLs in your post, it would be advisable at least to make them links to save time spent copy-pasting.

I guess all magazines need filler.

Welmer December 13, 2009 at 03:52

-TFH

Yeah, things suck big time, but Obama just sounds the same. All he can do is talk about greenhouse gases… Is a gassy president all we got?

Actually, I expected this to happen to him. The election was really a setup, and anyone with half a brain knew it. Who thinks McCain really wanted to win? After the market tanked, he probably just thought “what the hell, I’ll let this crazy bitch from Alaska make a bunch of noise as I silently exit stage left.”

In the meanwhile, Obama was so stoked by all the lights and attention that he totally overlooked the fact that everyone would blame him for the big pile of crap poised above his head. Oh well, serves him right. All politicians deserve to be buried in a gigantic pile of dookie.

Welmer December 13, 2009 at 04:01

I guess all magazines need filler.

-Icaros

Hey, it’s a Sunday. I’ve got about four posts I’m working on, and I’ll probably finish at least one this afternoon. In the meanwhile, I guess we can shoot the bull if nothing else.

How’s the weather in Finland? Any good jokes about Elin Nordegren from up there?

BTW, the old Norwegians I know always told me never to fuck with a drunk Finn. Is that good advice?

Gx1080 December 13, 2009 at 04:12

Hey, is a short post. It has not much point, besides being informed. Awareness of the world around you isn’t going to kill you.

Icaros December 13, 2009 at 04:33

Well, Tiger gets pay his own custom version of the proposed Swedish man tax. Not sure if he’s yet up to breast feeding, though. I believe it’s only a matter of time if he sticks with her.

The advice about drunken Finns is not the Absolute Truth. Don’t you know that we’re a bunch of cheery happy people who don’t need alcohol to have a good time?

Well, it’s still “pikkujoulu” time here, which means lots of drunken Finnish people and lots of fucking.

Paul December 13, 2009 at 04:33

IMO (see I am learning the language) Obama is very bad indeed for men and it now looks as if he is very bad for the world as well. So post about him are relevant though I don’t think we should waste much time over him. But as I have said before a lot of your readers are thousands of miles outside the USA so opinion poll ratings are a bit remote.

Icaros December 13, 2009 at 05:01

Oh, forgot to brief you all on the weather in Finland: getting considerably colder next week, true winter may be starting. Minus 15 centigrade, light snow, and such.

End of weather forecast.

Welmer December 13, 2009 at 05:04

-Icaros

Oh yeah, if that sorry SOB moves to Sweden he’s going to have the worst time in his life. Elin’s mother will make him pay somehow or the other.

My take on it is that she’s moving the kids there for leverage. Tiger really is a dumbass to go along with this. He should have fought it on the basis of domestic violence from the beginning. Now he’s going to lose his money AND his kids.

As for cheery happy Finns, well… You folks do have nice smiles. Beautiful women, too. If they’re feminists these days, that’s a damned shame.

But I’ll be damned if I haven’t heard stories about Finns with their sausage knives. The Norwegians told me that when they were drinking, one ought to steer clear to avoid getting stuck with a puukko. But like I said, these were old Norwegians. Maybe it’s different today.

Welmer December 13, 2009 at 05:08

End of weather forecast.

-Icaros

If I ever expatriate, I’ll probably go to northern Europe. I have family in Norway and Ireland, and I like it cool. As nice as it would be to spend time on a tropical beach, there’s something about the silence and clarity of a cold, northern night that speaks to me.

Icaros December 13, 2009 at 05:22

We do have some proud traditions and a history of knife violence in some parts of the country, but getting stabbed isn’t that common an occurrence anymore, I’m afraid.

But for those natural resource rich Norwegians, sure, the danger might exist…

Rebel December 13, 2009 at 05:34

I have been wandering if that Nobel prize, paid in advance , is a reward for Obama’s signing his country away in Copengagen…
But that’s just me…

The Truth December 13, 2009 at 08:17

I love Finnish puukkos. Have an Ahti Metsa that I bring with me for hiking, climbing, sea kayaking etc.

Phoenixism December 13, 2009 at 10:52

I agree, the 2008 Presidential election had all the makings of a stage play.

lurker December 13, 2009 at 11:26

The point of the post is how awful liars liberals are.

Gx1080 December 13, 2009 at 11:35

Yup. You know that the citizens of a country are fucked when the politicians don’t even bother on try to convince people on their lies. Trust me on this.

For more information:

The Fifth Horseman December 13, 2009 at 14:18

Whoa! Make that -19 approval rating :

Bush took 6 years before he drifted this low…

The Fifth Horseman December 13, 2009 at 14:19

Welmer,

Ireland is pretty low tax, and a lot of US corporations have major divisions there..

Steezer December 13, 2009 at 14:38

Zat why it’s being mentioned in the same breath as Iceland and Greece right now, re European countries on the brink? (Well, I guess Iceland already went over the brink.)

DT December 13, 2009 at 15:09

I agree, the 2008 Presidential election had all the makings of a stage play. I will remember it as the first election in which the puppetry of American public officials was finally made unabashedly obvious.

I lost a great deal of faith in America during that election. My disillusionment only grew when I came to recognize the fact that neither candidate was even qualified to run for president. At first I thought that claim was ridiculous, but then I took some time to actually research the legal definition of ‘natural born citizen’ as understood by the framers of the Constitution.

McCain wasn’t born on U.S. soil, and Obama was born with dual citizenship regardless of where he was born. Neither one fit the requirement as the framers understood it, which is a child born on a nation’s soil to two parents who are both citizens of said nation. Essentially, a child who was obviously and solely under the legal jurisdiction of one nation, a child no other nation could rightfully claim as a subject or citizen.

The whole point of the requirement was to insure that a person under foreign influences could never be president and commander in chief. For McCain that’s something of an unfortunate technicality, but Obama is exactly the type of person the framers were trying to keep away from the presidency. Whether he was born here or not, he was raised in a foreign nation, and influenced heavily by both a father and a step father with no loyalties to the U.S. He’s a product of foreign cultures and political ideals, the ‘world’s president’, but not an American one. He promised “change” fully intending to make America more like the world and less like the nation we are rightfully entitled to.

Want to know what’s truly ironic? At birth Obama was a British subject through his father. You would think a country born of a revolution against Britain would be taught the meaning of the natural born citizen requirement, and would intuitively understand why such a person should never be president.

Oh well…

Eumaios December 13, 2009 at 20:29

the old Norwegians I know always told me never to fuck with a drunk Finn

Yeah, she’ll shoot you with a Suomi machine gun. Then name your baby after all the guys she’s fucking.

Firepower December 14, 2009 at 09:14

Americans voted Obama in.

Thus, they deserve him.

He is a God

Jabherwochie December 15, 2009 at 05:31

We will see.

(Insert cackaling super villian laugh here.)

((God if I’m wrong about this presidency, its going to suck. Don’t ever claim I don’t put myself out on an intellectual limb sometimes. Playing it safe is for Betas.))