Oprah’s Nation

Oprah's Nation

by Jack Donovan on November 1, 2009

On Oprah’s Feel-Good Epilogue to The Shriver Report

It was an obvious choice to wrap up The Shriver Report with a feel-good sermon by Oprah Winfrey. If, as the report suggests, “A Woman’s Nation Changes Everything,” who better to give us a glimpse into the heart and soul of this new matriarchy than its most influential matriarch?

Oprah,whose show is created by women, for women, and has been unwaveringly beloved by millions of women each week for over twenty years clearly has her finger on the pulse of American women. She knows who they are, and what they want. She knows what moves them. Oprah was selling American women hope while Barack Obama was still in college. Hope for youth, for weight loss, for health, for money, for beauty, for happiness, hope for the “Best Life.”

A good friend who works in the education industry, long dominated by women, once told me that working with women was like being part of a circle.  He said that, “The female ideal is for every woman, young and old, short and tall, fat and thin, beautiful and ugly, smart and dumb, to be able to gather round in a circle, hold hands, be equal, be at peace, and feel the same. It is very important for women, when they meet to discuss something of significance, to feel as though they have reached an emotional consensus. It often seems as though whether the solution is workable or logical is less important than the sense that everyone in the room feels good about it.”

And that’s exactly how Oprah works; the show is not so much about sharing information as it is about sharing an emotional experience. The shared emotional experience is the real product. You could say the same thing about Monday Night Football. But you can learn just about everything you need to know about the differences between men and women by contrasting Oprah’s show with talk shows on ESPN.

Men want to spar with each other and they want to see a good sparring match. They want facts and numbers and statistics and odds. They don’t want to feel the same. They want to win. They want someone else to lose. They don’t want circles, they want winners and losers and players and fans. They want hierarchy, even if it means they’re not always or ever going to be on top.

Oprah hosts her show, but she hosts it like a woman hosting dessert night for her girlfriends. She may be a celebrity billionaire in real life, but on Oprah she’s just one of the girls. She’s no Jim Rome, aggressively telling his audience what’s what. She’s a guide, a storyteller, an adept conductor of emotions who is loved and believed by women because she seems to get caught up in the moment along with them. She laughs and cries and feels with them. The content doesn’t matter, so long as everyone feels the same about it.

Indeed, Oprah has come under fire recently because the stories she gets caught up in often end up being complete bullshit. While she famously confronted author James Frey for fabricating incidents in his Oprah Book Club recommended memoir, a May 2009 Newsweek article noted many other instances in which Oprah’s feelings led herand her audience astray.

Like many of her celebrity girlfriends, Oprah will jump on just about any alternative or exotic medicine bandwagon that passes by. The obviously crazy Suzanne Somers encouraged estrogen pill popping as a cure-all to the cooing approval of Oprah and her audience, even though medical experts strongly advise against taking hormones unnecessarily due to dangerous potential side effects. Jenny McCarthy convinced many of Oprah’s viewers that her science was her unfounded theory that her son became autistic after getting his measles, mumps and rubella vaccination. Despite a statement from the CDC saying McCarthy had no idea what she was talking about, many of Oprah’s viewers are now concerned about vaccinating their children. She’s also promoted miracle face-lifts and cosmetic procedures that have ended up being extremely painful, harmful or a complete waste of time.

Oprah, her guests and her audience too often end up trusting what earlier female chauvinists would have called “a woman’s intuition.” She routinely relies on the new-agey advice of Dr. Christiane Northrup, who sells “women’s wisdom” healing tarot cards and tells Oprah that many of women’s health problems are manifestations of problems with their souls. Along the same lines, Oprah also famously and wholeheartedly endorsed The Secret, Rhonda Byrne’s book which advocated thinking positive thoughts with the belief that positive vibrations will somehow attract positive outcomes. She was forced to backpedal a bit, though, when one of her viewers wrote to say she was refusing chemotherapy and was planning to cure her breast cancer using the power of The Secret.

When asked to ponder the significance of “A Woman’s Nation,” Oprah’s offering conjured up more nonsense and glowing, soft-focus spirituality. In her signature style, she opened with a quote from her guiding magic negress, Sojourner Truth, an illiterate former slave and suffragette who believed that Eve’s sin in the Garden of Eden proved women were “strong enough to turn the world upside down.”  That’s one way to look at it. Oprah then revealed to us that there is “no real power without spiritual power,” a power which is “connected to the source of things.” Oprah is magic, because says she can see this supernatural power “shining through” people. She wraps up with a quote from self-help guru Gary Zukav, who tells us that authentic empowerment comes only when personality serves the energy of its soul. Whatever that means.

Oprah represents and holds great sway with American women. Her book recommendations go straight to number one. She has her own channel, her own magazine, her own radio station. Virtually any product she touches turns to gold and flies off the shelves. It’s entirely possible that her endorsement delivered the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination to Barak Obama.

American women still can’t get enough of Oprah, after all of these years. In her Epilogue to The Shriver Report, she asked women to let the conversation begin about what it means to live in a woman’s nation.

If The Shriver Report truly offers us a glimpse of what’s to come, of what Oprah’s nation might look like, then instead of dispelling concerns and discrediting stereotypes, it seems to validate the very fears men have always had about putting women in power.

Oprah’s nation is a nation where emotion wins over reason, where intuition rules over science and where new age spiritualist mumbo jumbo reigns supreme. Oprah’s nation is unconcerned with the harsh realities of the world. Oprah’s nation is a nation of talkers and feelers who are worried most about finding love, finding happiness, feeling pretty and keeping off those pounds. It’s a nation led by women desperately trying to live their “best life.”

Oprah’s nation, a woman’s nation, is a nation of passive, emotional consumers who have absolutely no common sense.

The whole world must be laughing.

Jack Donovan is the author of Androphilia and the co-author of Blood-Brotherhood and Other Rites of Male Alliance. He lives in Portland, Oregon and works in the fitness industry.

Jess November 1, 2009 at 06:42

not all American women, Jack. Not all.

She is a charlatan. I can’t stand the woman…she DOES represent the worst of the stereotypes and I think her influence is waning.

zed November 1, 2009 at 06:49

not all American women, Jack. Not all.

Prove it.

Talleyrand November 1, 2009 at 07:08

“It often seems as though whether the solution is workable or logical is less important than the sense that everyone in the room feels good about it.”

That statement and this one:

” . . .she gets caught up in often end up being complete bullshit . . . a May 2009 Newsweek article noted many other instances in which Oprah’s feelings led her—and her audience—astray.”

Is that that is needed to realize how badly our Matrist country is going to get fucked up by the cold realities of life.

Talleyrand November 1, 2009 at 07:08

Grr.

Is all that is needed . . .

Talleyrand November 1, 2009 at 07:11

Zed,

I will note a single individual woman, my mother, did say that she thought that Oprah had “lost touch” with the ordinary woman about a year ago. Whether this is actually the beginning of a turning point in her influence, I doubt it, but I think there is probably a significant drop off for a large number of women after the estrogen falls in middle age.

Fiercely Independent John Nada November 1, 2009 at 07:36

@Jack Donovan: Oprah—whose show is created by women, for women, and has been unwaveringly beloved by millions of women each week for over twenty years—clearly has her finger on the pulse of American women

Understatement of the year. The Pied Piper of Entitlement Materialist Feminism has been programming the malleable minds of millions of women worldwide for 2 decades. And with the “Woman’s Nation” capstone now in place, she will lead many more over the Cliffs of Loneliness and Despair. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

LOL, the forward momentum is too great; it will take at bare minimum 3 generations to stop this train & purge the scourge. Even with a complete about face it’s though, it’s too far gone. Why? Because now the Players have arrived and are using Game to put the nails in the coffin. And boy, do they have a score to settle.

That being said, as an Expat I’ve gone “all in” against the house that change ain’t gonna happen. If Oprah was the Turn, Obama was the River so now I’ll simply relax with a snifter of cognac and a Romeo & Julieta and watch this train wreck unfold on satellite dish from 8500 ft up high in the magnificent Andes Mountains.

Ahhh, effervescence!

Jess November 1, 2009 at 07:42

and how would I ‘prove it’, Zed?

I have only my own opinion and the opinion of the other women I know. Maybe it is a regional thing but she isn’t that popular here where I live.

wow November 1, 2009 at 07:49

…..tells us that authentic empowerment comes only when personality serves the energy of its soul. Whatever that means.

Indeed! WTF?

dragnet November 1, 2009 at 08:07

@Fiercely Independent John Nada

“Even with a complete about face it’s though, it’s too far gone. Why? Because now the Players have arrived and are using Game to put the nails in the coffin.”

Can you elaborate on this point? I always thought of Game as a positive thing for men, not so much to pick up chicks, but to increase our own self-awareness and ability to project influence as a means of protecting ourselves from certain harsh realities of the sexual market.

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 08:07

Jess -

Her influence may be waning slightly, but she’s still immensely popular and influential. The fact that some women don’t care for her is true of course true but ultimately irrelevant. Name an American woman who is more powerful and has the same sort of influence. The first lady can’t touch her–she’s a fan, they’re buddies.

Martha Stewart? Ellen? Barbara Walters? Hanna Montana?

No other woman wields as much power over the opinions and buying habits of average American women.

zed –

I remember my mother said a few years ago that she wasn’t a big fan. But I know she still watches…

G November 1, 2009 at 08:08

Opinions are not facts. You need the latter before making the first.

Jack’s billet is elegantly demonstrating his perspective along the way of real examples, statistics and quotes, like only men can do.

Jess November 1, 2009 at 08:20

LOL

well I didn’t say that Jack’s piece was not well written and no doubt he did his research…but surely you would concede that I can consider as fact, my own dislike for Oprah? And I can consider as fact, my friends dislike for her?

These are facts: my circle of friends do not like her… I am not aware of any Oprah fans, myself.

Zed asked me to prove these facts..I asked him how I could prove to him that not all American women are not Oprah fans.

My original post was merely pointing out that not ALL American women are Oprahbots.

(women can’t quote? really? and they can’t post statistics?)

dragnet November 1, 2009 at 08:27

What’s so interesting about all of this is that despite all of the new power women are acquiring, they are increasingly–and profoundly–unhappy, at least if you believe the latest studies.

In some ways, feminism has been a great success, whether or not you support its various incarnations. But its profound failure has been that is has not managed to alter the expectations of what a large number of men want from a woman. As such, you now have many women who have worked and toiled years to become something that their mothers and gender studies teachers told them was wonderful, but isn’t very highly valued by many men. And the locomotive isn’t stopping, if this Oprah piece represents anything at all. It’s vague in its wording, but that’s one aspect of what is so troubling about it—anything can happen, and anything is fair game.

I feel sorry for these women. I feel sorry for the men. I feel sorry for myself. Nobody wins in a situation like this. We’re all the losers for this.

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 08:28

Not necessary. I believe you. Not ALL women are fans of Oprah. The article never asserts that every single woman in America hinges on Oprah’s every word, and I don’t believe that myself. The article asserts that she is America’s “most powerful matriarch” and I think that’s pretty hard to argue with.

Jess November 1, 2009 at 08:33

dragnet:

you are right on. We threw the baby out with the bathwater. There were some things that needed correcting, some problems that had to be addressed…but the women’s rights movement allowed the freaks to take over and women like myself, we can’t follow anymore.

we have husbands and sons and we see them being castigated for crimes other men have committed and it is unjust.

injustice is injustice, two wrongs don’t make a right.

I think our entire society is devolving because we have allowed extremists to destroy the idea of what a real man is. It is hard to be a man anymore…on one side they have the ‘feminazis’ telling them they are the source of all evil in the world..on the other, they have the new men’s rights movement telling them they are helpless victims.

Jess November 1, 2009 at 08:38

no, you didn’t. I was basically agreeing with your article but adding in my own viewpoint. Maybe I could have been clearer instead of just making a throw away comment.

I am new here and didn’t realize how literal people are here.

sorry for the confusion.

Fiercely Independent John Nada November 1, 2009 at 08:52

dragnet November 1, 2009 at 8:07 am

@Fiercely Independent John Nada

***
Good question, dragnet. Glad you asked.
You are correct that “Game” is an excellent self-defense mechanism to navigate the treacherous waters of Entitlement Materialist Feminism. But it has a dark side; and some very serious, negative ancillary effects for both “predator” and “prey”. ( Let’s call a spade a spade, shall we?)

Game at its base level is about achieving a dynamic sex life. (Yes, I understand the confidence with women part is different, etc. but grant me that they are 2 paths leading down the same road, yeah?) With the MRA Vanguard and ghosts remaining female-free and Expats exiting stage left, that leaves the Players. And with their hardened, MRA-style cynicism coupled with their complete lack of objective morality they will devastate the remaining vestiges of American society (Nod to zed). We really will see the Pareto’s 80/20 rule played out on the societal level to its utmost iteration…and the results will be absolutely disastrous.

Remember, the traditional nuclear family is the fundamental unit of any society. As the family goes, so goes society. There are other areas of the world with Western Culture and Values but America I liken to a leaking ship. And instead of grabbing buckets and bailing water out, Players/PUA are grabbing Black and Decker power drills and putting in major work.

Proponents of Game, in my opinion are a necessary evil. And in this case, the enemy of my enemy is DEFINITELY my friend.

Hestia November 1, 2009 at 09:04

I live under a tv-free rock and have never watched Oprah, but can attest to the fact that she has a great deal of power over America’s women. She really does rule a portion of this nation.

When I worked in cosmetics, my co-workers and I would always panic a bit if Oprah mentioned one our products on her show as her scary followers would soon be there, buying up the product and then acting in outrageous and nasty ways when we inevitably sold out within hours of the show. Nine times out of ten she’d choose a product that was absolute junk and would have never sold under normal circumstances but once Queen Oprah mentioned it, the product was better than gold.

Thank you for bringing up the more serious issues Oprah is expousing about on her show and in her magazine. Oprah’s science and spiritual opinions have a scary hold over her followers too. Most of the women I’ve known in mom groups, homeschool groups, and La Leche League do not vaccinate their children. Some do so with reasonably sound reasons, bu here is indeed a good portion who have been inspired by Jenni and Oprah. Medical decisions should not be being made based off what a favorite talk show host says. This is outrageous beyond words, yet it is happening and makes me wonder if part of our populace has completely lost their minds.

Jess November 1, 2009 at 09:13

indeed! I had no idea that whole ‘immunizations cause autism’ fad started with Jenny McCarthy for Christ sake!

who take parenting advice from Jenny McCarthy?

Peter November 1, 2009 at 09:21

Statistics in the form of TV ratings show that Oprah has a very large audience. What they do not show is the loyalty of that audience. While obviously she has a core of deeply devoted viewers who hang on her every word as if it’s the Voice of Truth from Mount Olympus, for all we know they are a relatively small subset of her viewers. Many others might just tune in occasionally but don’t worship the show. We really don’t know, and shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions.

Fiercely Independent John Nada November 1, 2009 at 09:51

Peter November 1, 2009 at 9:21 am

***
I understand what you’re saying, but Oprah is an anomaly. One need look no further than her numbers for the proof. She is a man-hating BILLIONAIRE. This comes from her consistently producing not just above average, but superior revenue for her advertisers. Any book in her book club gets the Midas Touch and propels its author to the bestsellers’ list. “The Secret”, remember?

Hell, who had heard of mangina Dr. Phil’s country bumpkin act before Oprah tapped him? Or perhaps Rachel Ray? She came out hard for Obama and no doubt was a major catalyst for his success. Years ago, she almost crippled the US Beef Industry. No, if there ever was a true-to-life Pied Piper that leads millions of women and girls by the nose, Oprah Winfrey is it.

Globalman November 1, 2009 at 11:25

Ladies,
for those of you who wonder why men like me are so adamant that ALL (meaning virtuall all) western women are not to be trusted and not to be dealt with try reading Stephen Baskervilles book. You can find a linkt to it on his weblog. I am about half way through it. And though I had read many of his articles before reading this book really generates feelings of total, absolute and utter disgust in the so called ‘modern western woman’. You might want to read it to understand why I hold the ‘modern western woman’ in such contempt.

That men are dying and women don’t care about it clearly demonstrates the lack of concern by women for men in the western world today. In fact, there is a pervasive level of hatred of men by women in the western world programmed by the Illuminati. Women actually laugh about women cutting mens penises off as they sleep. Every heard men laugh about the idea of a man cutting a womans breasts off as she sleeps? No. That’s because men have a little something called ‘class’. Go ahead ladies….read about the effects your princesses like Oprah are promoting.

When I talk to eastern women, it is an entirely different story. It is almost like there are two different species of women on this planet. The ‘good’ ones who are not feminised and the ‘evil’ ones who hate men who are feminised. You only have to talk to members of each group to see they are diametrically opposed in their attitudes to men.

And ladies….as much as you blather on in places like this about your worthless ‘opinions’…..I’m really not interested in talking to any woman who is not willing to sit on a jury and judge a woman who has committed crimes against a man. Any women not willing to do that is a child because she is not willing to take responsibility for ensuring the lawful existence of her society. I don’t see too many women talking about being willing to do that.

Girm November 1, 2009 at 11:39

A good friend who works in the education industry, long dominated by women, once told me that working with women was like being part of a circle. He said that, “The female ideal is for every woman, young and old, short and tall, fat and thin, beautiful and ugly, smart and dumb, to be able to gather round in a circle, hold hands, be equal, be at peace, and feel the same. It is very important for women, when they meet to discuss something of significance, to feel as though they have reached an emotional consensus. It often seems as though whether the solution is workable or logical is less important than the sense that everyone in the room feels good about it.”

This is exactly the type of crap that happens at my job. We have an hour long meeting to deal with a problem, nothing is decided, happy thoughts are expressed. All the guys leave saying WTF was that waste of time? Mean while the chicks seem as happy as can be (80% female workplace) and nothing gets done. I avoid meetings like a plague due to crap like this.

Harpopotimus November 1, 2009 at 11:45

I actually don’t personally know any women who watch this show, or Dr Phil. In fact, some of the women I’ve heard talk about oprah complain about the blatant commercialism, and say “I can’t believe women are such sheep.” I guess I’m just blessed to be around a higher caliber of woman. (or maybe they do watch, and are too ashamed to admit it.)

Globalman November 1, 2009 at 11:59

I liked Marc Rudovs response. What image is Shriver presenting for her sons in the ‘womans nation’? They are second class citizens behind ‘princesses’.

Jess November 1, 2009 at 6:42 am
“not all American women, Jack. Not all. ”
Actually Jess, yes, all western women including all North American women. Men are now coming to the realisation that no matter what these women say that are ALL to be treated as ‘crappy women’ for our own safety. Remember, women claim perjury is not a crime when committed by a woman against a man so women are claiming they are liars and deceitful, and we believe you.

The few good women will be tarred with the same brush because they are children and have refused to stand by the good men who are dying or being severely abused. Men fought and died for women. Women won’t even speak out against the brutality and unlawful acts happening today to tens of millions of men. Jess, you and every one of you women who will not sit on a jury and punish a woman who committed a crime against a man is ‘crap’ in my opinion. And guess what? I am entitled to my opinion.

“and how would I ‘prove it’, Zed? I have only my own opinion and the opinion of the other women I know.”

That’s right. Women have nothing but ‘opinions’. Men have actions. Women are pretty much worthless when it comes to ‘action’. Oh, of course, except when it comes to man-hating and wielding the power of the state to remove a man from his childrens lives. THEN women are ‘all action’…as in they make one phone call and the father of his children is whisked away by MEN (and only men) with guns. Yep, when women want something done they get men to do it. That’s how pathetic you women are. How many women change a car tire vs get a man to do it.

Jess, I hold you women beneath contempt and with excellent cause. You are welcome to earn your way out of the deep, deep hole your sistas have dug for you.

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 11:59

Peter,

Her ratings alone only demonstrate that people, mostly women, loyally tune in. They could be tuning in to watch a train wreck, the way people watch COPS or Cheaters or reality TV. However, her magazine sales and her book club picks and her channel…even the anecdotal evidence from Hestia above about cosmetic counters being stormed by Oprah viewers…seem to suggest I’m not jumping to conclusions at all.

Gx1080 November 1, 2009 at 12:05

We are talking about a woman that had pull in the White House under both Clinton and Bush.

Under Obama? HAH. Sense of shame off the board, she’s the one that influence everything. Just for her influence in HIS followers he has no option that lick her fat ass and spitshine it.

The Secret. I read Stephen Covey and, in comparison, The Secret’s only use is in the bathroom. And not for reading.

On a funny note:

OVER 9000 PENISES!!

Globalman November 1, 2009 at 12:13

Girm November 1, 2009 at 11:39 am
Yep..for women talking about things and feeling good about it is a viable alternative to working. I won’t work in any large corporate because I don’t like subsidising useless women.

ray November 1, 2009 at 12:14

good insight into Oprah’s appeal to modern western females

Oprah has been the Medea Leader these past few decades in the unending war on maleness, making her billions directly from the suffering and degradation of boys and men

she promotes the SkinMedica face cream on both her website and television hatefest, despite having been informed the product derives in part from the foreskins of circumcised boys

pretty much sums up our matriarchy: the writhing and screaming of infant boys is used to enrich “people” like Oprah, all to self-deceive 50-year-old females into believing that they can be 20 again

. . . because Woman’s psychotic self-obsessions are so much more important than a baby’s agony . . . and these are the It’s For the Children women, females who spend their afternoons screeching out their self-serving moral imperatives against men (which are soon enacted into law by the paid servants of the matriarchy)

as i reported three or four years ago, Oprah was named First Ambassador to the Global Elders . . . not an accident

Sojourner Truth was correct, women acting collectively (which is what Eve represents) ARE strong enough to turn the world upside down, and destroy it, which they will happily do if they feel it empowers or enriches themselves

Shriver and Oprah also are correct, it is a woman’s nation, and always has been, quite by intent, despite the first century or so under significant masculine influence

that’s a hard red pill even for MRAs to swallow, but it ain’t goin’ away

what’s always been most revealing and disturbing about Oprah is the consistent expression of her raging hatred for boys, men, and all things masculine, and the extraordinary appeal her hated has for the bulk of amerikan women . . . that such malevolence could be so broadly popular confirms our forefathers’ fears about the baseline female psychospiritual condition, which appears to be just slightly more advanced than that of a salamander

p.s. it’s been fun, in a kinda nauseous way, watching Maria Shriver repeatedly emasculate her husband in public, Mr. Macho Rightwinger, Mr. Muscles Moviestar, with her “A Woman’s Nation” knifethrusts — he got the gig via the Shriver family backing, and now they’re calling in their markers

the whole bunch are traitors to God and nation

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 12:16

Gx1080 -

Covey isn’t bad. I have a copy of 7 Habits. There’s definitely some practical, usable stuff there–but it is a bit warmer and fuzzier than I would go personally.

Globalman November 1, 2009 at 12:17

@Fiercely Independent John Nada

I would go further. Those of us in my age bracket know what a good woman looks like. Our mothers, aunts, grandmothers, great grandmothers were, by and large, really good women. At least they presented as such. Now we look at our wives and daughters and we are repulsed. Absolutely repulsed at the pathetic and disgusting people they have become. And in the analysis we find that women have ALWAYS been this selfish and self centered and have always been ‘children’ and our grandmothers were only as they were as their choices were limited. Now that women have been ‘liberated’ and demonstrated just what selfish children they are they can not put that genie back in the bottle. Russia shows us this is the case.

Simply put, women, when given the chance to take on responsibility and be equal played ‘victim’ and went for entitlements and benefits at the expense of men. Men who try this on amongst men are considered ‘scum’. Now I hold women to the same standard I hold men I consider western women ‘scum’. (Remember SCUM Manifesto? Well back at you ladies.) I have had MANY women complain to me that I should not hold them to the same standards as men. That right there tells you all you need to know.

For a while I felt sorry for western women as I knew they were subject to mind control and didn’t really have a chance to fight it off. Men projecting mind control over women is childs play. Womens brains are far too low power to fight that off. Now? I really couldn’t care less about western women. The swine flu vaccine cull is now underway and women are behaving like children and taking it. Well, as cruel as it seems, good riddance. You only have to look around Oprahs audience to know that the vast majority of women who watch her are ‘useless eaters’ and we could really do without them. Most are doing nothing useful.

Just look at all the ‘feminist’ jobs that the Illuminati created to get women into the work force. Do they do ANYTHING useful? ANYTHING that could not be done by a man? Nope. They are clerks in guvment departments, paper pushers in the main. Many are ‘check out chicks in super markets’ or ‘bank tellers’. ALL women in the workplace could be replaced by men inside 12 months and no-one could tell the difference. They are THAT irrelevant. Men? If men stopped work for 24 hours complete mayhem would follow. After 40 years of ‘feminism’ there is still not one job that women do that they are not completely replacable at except give birth to babies. Well done ladies. You have proved that you are completely dispensible apart from having babies. So much for your sista Maureen Dowd and her ‘Are Men Neccessary’ hate piece.

The evidence that women know they are useless is in their endorsement of the statute that it is possible to have an all woman company but not an all male company. If women could compete, which they know they can’t they would endorse all male companies so they could ‘whip the arse’ of the male only companies thereby demonstrating their superiority. Basically, western women are crap. The genie is out of the bottle. Every intelligent man knows it. And it’s not going back in.

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 12:20

Wow, the foreskin link is disturbing…thanks.

Globalman November 1, 2009 at 12:26

By the way, if I might make an observation. I had to pick up some new glasses yesterday and I decided to go to the huge mall complex over at Shepheards Bush here in London which was a short walk from where I picked up my glasses. I had never been there before. Some say it is the largest mall complex in the UK. I don’t know.

So I was just wandering around and after about 10 minutes the observation struck me. There were almost NO other single men walking around this place. With thousands and thousands of people, almost none of them were men by themselves like me, or even boys by themselves. There were some men pushing strollers or with women.

There were about 5X as many women as men in the place, if not 10X. It is impossible to tell just looking at crowds. As I stood in the very busy places and looked around what I could see were a sea of women. Mostly fat and ugly as well. This is what a ‘womans world’ looks like. Fat ugly women wandering malls like sheeple spending and consuming doing nothing useful with their saturday. Shopping as ‘entertainment and relaxation’…well done ladies. You have really shown us men what you are made of.

Gx1080 November 1, 2009 at 12:47

That is what readed? Damn, a mistake.

What I meant to say is that The Secret is shit compared to the 7 Habits (which are far better). Probably because Corey did history research and trial-and-error in the real world instead of spewing New Age bullshit.

Fuck it, The Secret is shit period.

JohnnyBravo November 1, 2009 at 12:57

“It is very important for women, when they meet to discuss something of significance, to feel as though they have reached an emotional consensus. It often seems as though whether the solution is workable or logical is less important than the sense that everyone in the room feels good about it.”

This is why I can only smirk when some rabid feminist claims that women have been a driving force behind technological advantages and civilization in general.

If mankind relied on women to get things done we’d still be waiting for lightning to strike so we can cook our food.

Not all, but many men seem to relish opposition. The more people tell you that you are wrong or that something you came up with is stupid, the more you insist on going your way, on proving that you were right all along, on rubbing their noses in your sweet, sweet victory.

Could you imagine if Galileo and Copernicus went along with consensus? What about Tesla or Darwin?

Also, the “underdog story” is a very popular theme in male-oriented media. Someone who everyone thinks should just settle for being an average guy who struggles against this consensus and comes out on top, like the Rocky movies.

Men don’t just not care about consensus. Men like it when consensus is that they are wrong, men like rocking the boat, because it is the greatest competition of all: You against everyone.

Patrick November 1, 2009 at 12:59

Globalman: The reason you saw no single males in the mall, is that there is rarely a reason for a single male to go a mall. When men shop, they buy shit and leave. Malls are built to satisfy the gathering instinct of women, not the hunting instinct of men.

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 12:59

Johnny Bravo -

I like this. It’s certainly my MO. Well said!

Fiercely Independent John Nada November 1, 2009 at 13:42

@Globalman: Preachin’ to the choir, brother. I’ve told my Inner Circle various times that 95% of my problems disappeared the moment I stepped OUT of the Matriarchy for good. What I experience now is just normal, every day life experiences.

Contrast that with the First World Female. It is simply unbelievable how much influence they have over Mens’ lives. A downright INSANE amount of influence and almost all of it negative.
1WF are headaches that a 1000lbs. Tylenol can’t cure.

===
@JohnnyBravo

***
I agree with this and would take it one step further: The greatest competition of all is a Man against Himself.

Jess November 1, 2009 at 13:57

IF Globalman, your opinion really mattered to me, I would…but since I am surrounded by good men and women that care about them; I am not worried about it. My position in life is secure, at the right hand of a man that loves and respects me as a woman and who I in return love and respect as a man.

I have no digging to do. I am not responsible for other women’s misdeeds.

just as my husband has no bill to pay because of women haters like yourself. I don’t hold him responsible for the ill acts of others.

but then I see people as individuals not as stereotypes.

and I HAVE sat on a jury before and put in a verdict against a woman blaming a man for her own ill judgement. (not a sexual case, she was in a business and hurt herself, blamed the owner of the business for her own carelessness…interestingly enough it was a man on the jury that wanted to give her money because he felt sorry for her; we didn’t give her anything but our sympathy)

Jess November 1, 2009 at 14:03
rebel November 1, 2009 at 15:18

Love is dead indeed, but hate is well and happy.

How did we get here??

ray November 1, 2009 at 15:37

“Wow, the foreskin link is disturbing…thanks”

sorry to bear bad news but glad you checked it

this barely scratches the surface about what’s being done to boys in this country, especially the real little guys, who truly cannot fight back or even complain

when the truth finally comes out, and it will, the grief and anger will be immense, and the matriarchy’s doing everything it can to ensure that doesn’t happen

but it must, because the situations of so many of them are so extreme and hopeless

wonder how amerika would react if doctors/hospitals were shredding the vaginas of screaming little girls, then selling the “product” to “contractors” at great profit so that aging men could rub the compound on their skin in the delusion of recapturing youth?

the law would be changed, like, yesterday, and the perpetrators would get some of the Zero Tolerance the matriarchy’s been dishing out to guys for half a century

the U.S. is currently shilling mass circumcision across Africa, as an antidote to AIDS, and the CDC recently sent out feelers to propose the same here in Der Homeland

“Jenny McCarthy convinced many of Oprah’s viewers that her science was her unfounded theory that her son became autistic after getting his measles, mumps and rubella vaccination. Despite a statement from the CDC saying McCarthy had no idea what she was talking about, many of Oprah’s viewers are now concerned about vaccinating their children.”

i’ve spent many hours over the years on autism lists attempting to dissuade folks (overwhelmingly, females) of this absurdity of linking vaccination with autism — but Goddess O says it’s so, therefore It Is (all bow to cow)

many mothers of autistic kids want to displace the guilt and shame they feel over such births by blaming extraneous factors — indeed they are quite desperate to do so — but in fact the greatest socio-biochemical factor in skyrocketing autistic birthrates is the average advanced age of birthgiving females, mid-thirties to forties

not information anyone wants to hear, much less publicize

those few guys who truly relish a me vs. the world challenge have come to the right place and age — the entire western world is essentially one montrous advocacy for females and feminism, and there is almost no opposition to this, secular or religious

ensuring that opposition to our matriarchies remains small and scattered is precisely why Obie signed his wonderful “hate-crime” legislation last week, hidden within a defense bill

good start on your magazine here, may it grow strong and soon

DADT November 1, 2009 at 15:48

“Along the same lines, Oprah also famously and wholeheartedly endorsed The Secret, Rhonda Byrne’s book which advocated thinking positive thoughts with the belief that positive vibrations will somehow attract positive outcomes. “……………

Isn’t that what GAME is all about?

zed November 1, 2009 at 15:53

Love is dead indeed, but hate is well and happy.

How did we get here??

There is a great old sci fi story, I don’t remember who wrote it, about the most dangerous criminal in the universe. He is so dangerous that they have devoted an entire planet to being his prison, and he is closely guarded at all times. The entire story is the buildup about how dangerous he is, but the reason why he is so dangerous is held off until the last line.

He is sitting on the ground watching a bunch of red ants and a bunch of black ants crossing paths, each group going about its business.

He then says “If only we could convince these black ants and these red ones that they are each other’s enemies.”

zed November 1, 2009 at 16:21

how do you think underwear get in your bureau?

I go to the store, ask someone near the front who looks like a clerk “Where is the men’s underwear?”, go there, buy at least a dozen pair (been the same weight for about 30 years, shop for underwear every 2-3 years), take them home, throw them in the washer, when the washer is done, throw them in the dryer, when the dryer is done throw them in the drawer.

Pretty simple process, really. Can’t understand how someone can make it complex.

Roll your eyes all you like, it just makes you look silly.

rolling eyes

googly eyes

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 16:23

zed

Ray Bradbury.

zed November 1, 2009 at 16:25

Kimski –
Name of the story?

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 16:28

Zed

Don´t remember-will find out, got it somewhere..

zed November 1, 2009 at 16:29

You kind of jogged my memory, is it in the Illustrated Man?

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 16:39

zed

Believe so…Or the Mars-novels..It´s a short story, right ?

zed November 1, 2009 at 16:40

Very short, IIRC.

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 16:42

zed

Sounds like “The Illustrated Man” is more likely, -will let you know..

zed November 1, 2009 at 16:46

Could also be “Dandelion Wine” or “Something Wicked This Way Comes.” They both had some fairly dark themed stores, but the 2nd seemed the darker of the two. Remember the story about “Slow Glass”?

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 16:54

zed

Both of those are long stories, as far as I remember..
It could be in Chronicles of Mars, Machineries of Joy, Death and the Maiden, S is for Space & A medicine for Melancholy, I Sing The Body Electric, Golden Apples of the Sun, or R is for Rocket, since those are all short stories…It´s gonna take some time..He wrote more than 500 of those..:)

21Guns November 1, 2009 at 16:56

I’m pretty sure it’s not from I Sing the Body Electric. I read that one, and I don’t remember that story.

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 16:56

zed

No, don´t remember “Slow Glass”-I´m reading them in danish, so a hint?? -The translation is most certainly different..LOL!!

zed November 1, 2009 at 16:57

I thought they were both collections of short stories, but it has been close to 40 years since I read them so my memory is a little hazy.

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 17:01

zed

He was pretty adamant about keeping the themes the same, in each collection of novels, so I´d go for Chronicles of Mars, or Golden Apples of the Sun, or The Illustrated Man..
And then it will probably be none of them…lol!-Geez, it´s been years…

zed November 1, 2009 at 17:02

No, don´t remember “Slow Glass”

It’s about glass with spiral light paths so it takes a long time for the light to get through – it is rated in terms of like “10 years thick.” The story has a real twist at the end.

Thanks, 21Guns. I don’t know where the story comes from, but it has a pretty good message. It really is criminal to try to convince people that other people are their enemies who really aren’t. I would be up for feminists being sent to a prison planet. Maybe then men and women could work this whole mess out.

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 17:04

21Guns

You´re right, there were a recent sci-fi movie based on that one..

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 17:06

zed

Yeah, I know that one..Corben did a comic book on that one..scary stuff!!

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 17:13

21Guns

One of the novels, that is..

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 17:15

zed

Or you could be the criminal that convinces women, that feminists are the REAL enemy…;)

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 17:45

Just kidding..

Gx1080 November 1, 2009 at 17:53

@Jess

You are in the borders of the Bell curve. That argument (if true) is done to death. We care about the middle, which in this case is filled with followers of the O cow.

@DADT

Wrong.

I would have added: The acceptance of the true nature of women and how fucked up is the West for males. Although the latter is situational (The current trend will die).

Bhetti November 1, 2009 at 18:06

Checked Illustrated Man and Machineries of Joy. Nada.

Oprah has pissed off many in the medical community.

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 18:12

zed

Still searching, but I got to fight myself way through some crazy translations. Sometimes something that would make “Thelma & Louise” into “The Two Girls That Went For A Drive In A Car.”

adan flores November 1, 2009 at 18:27

Say, men: it’s the 3 billion POONises that scare me shitless. . .

ray November 1, 2009 at 19:12

__________

that’s pretty much it, the bible concurs

jealousy’s a bitch

so many groups and individuals now profit economically and psychologically from the system, it’s tough to decom

SF useta be a sanctuary from the lace curtain, with all themes available for exploration, but anything non PC is probably pretty rare nowdays — even back in the eighties, when i was writing fiction, the publishers and editors often rejected anything nonfeminist, sometimes stating that my work was offensive etc

just discovered John Boorman’s “Zardoz” from 1974, a fantastic film about a dystopian matriarchal future and the “brutal” who spoils the hen party

made on v small budget and v prescient in hindsight of 35 yrs

props to John

fedrz November 1, 2009 at 19:16

“Not all women are like that,” a borg-like western woman prattles in admonition.

“Nope, some are even worse,” Fedrz’ rapier wit replies.

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 19:24

Zardoz!

Maybe I’ll have to go watch that DVD after all. After I watched Deliverance, I re-watched Excalibur, which I remembered watching as a kid. I’m a Connery fan (of course) but I was a little scared off by…the outfit. But now that you put it that way it seems pretty relevant to this site. Maybe someone should review it for The Spearhead.

zed November 1, 2009 at 19:27

Zardoz!

Remember the name of the character that Connery played? ;)

Kimskinovgorod November 1, 2009 at 19:30

zed

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 19:36

And all is revealed.

Maybe you should be the one to review it then, sir…

Jess November 1, 2009 at 19:38

ROTF…

“Nope, some are even worse,” Fedrz’ rapier wit replies.

if you have to name it, you don’t have it, Fedrz.

and if it takes you five hours, it isn’t quick, it isn’t sharp…it is just sad.

or maybe you were being facetious?

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 19:40

Here’s a cranky feminist review I found while I was looking it up…

zed November 1, 2009 at 19:40

Not at all Jack, I would love to hear your take on it. “zed” is a commonly used name for the last letter of a lot of alphabets. It is synonymous with “the end.” It fits Connery’s character.

Jack Donovan November 1, 2009 at 19:46

I’ll put it on my mental video list then. I’ll probably have to make a special trip back to the “cool” video store for that one…

fedrz November 1, 2009 at 19:59

That was some swell and snappy reply, Jess.

You are certainly “all that!”

Puma November 1, 2009 at 20:05

Fedrz – Are you getting any hits on no-maam from the wsj article? Just curious.

fedrz November 1, 2009 at 20:14

Yes. I haven’t checked the stats counter recently, but, I checked today, and in the past few days, I am logging about 100 more hits per day, with the majority of those coming from the WSJ article. I’d say it has gotten 300 to 400 hits since it has been posted… that was you I take it? Lol. I sometimes don’t know who is posting it when there are different names.

My favourite one is “Leroy Walker, Man of Color” who has used my blog url to link his name on some comments sections. Lol! Leroy dishes it out proper! I am proud that he co-opts my url!

He is so bold.

Go Leroy!

Puma November 1, 2009 at 20:39

Good. It’s dirty work pulling men from the Matrix but somebody’s gotta do it. Your Marriage=Fraud essay is so powerful that you might as well be the Glaxo SmithKline of red-pill manufacturers.

Re: Leroy – Yes that guy is a riot! I run into his guerilla postings often in the MSM-sphere. I haven’t figured out who he is yet, but I have a feeling we know him already. My favorite of his was the classic: “You want to treat Men unfairly? Marriage Strike. Relationship Strike. Baby Strike. Get used to it.”. That comment had set that NYT thread on fire. A no punches held back style for sure.

Puma November 1, 2009 at 20:43

… to your earlier question, yes. I do administer the red-pills when the opportunity presents itself.

JohnnyBravo November 2, 2009 at 00:24

AHHH WHAT THE FUCK.

Bitch if you want, no, need my dick on your face there are other ways to go about it.

nilk November 2, 2009 at 03:26

It didn’t, Jess. It started years ago, and has been debunked.

As for Oprah, I did see some reports of her popularity declining once she came out for Barry, but I didn’t do more than glance over the headlines.

I’m another woman who can’t abide her. Luckily I’m on the other side of the world, so she doesn’t have toooo much influence here.

ray November 2, 2009 at 11:30

Zardoz!

___

agreed, his outfit was goofy, a little embarassing, like some paleolithic-chippendale knockoff . . . female wardrobist’s idea of me-tarzan i guess

this is pre-c.g.i., all the effects were done au naturel via invention and camera-tweaks . . .especially impressive given the v low budget the film had

the ruling-class is of mixed gender, but the females dominate, with debate/decisions occurring at a “removed” hive-mind level, with dissenters cast out of the psychophysical circle and punished with separation and aging

there are a few slightly campy spots, mostly due to cost cutting, but once youre in the spirit of the film its ideas are strong enough to carry it

and yes, the protagonist is named Zed!

DADT November 2, 2009 at 14:13

Indeed! WTF?
………………………………………

That’s new-age-speak for “don’t allow your ego to get too big. life is not all about you. ground yourself in God or some sort of spirituality. have a mission greater than yourself”.

zed November 2, 2009 at 17:53

There is also the distinct insinuation that they are all sterile and asexual, except for some lesbian love overtones between the two female leads. This is a common theme in stories in which immortality is part of the pretext – without death, no new life is ever needed so sexuality dies out except as a purely pleasurable indulgence.

ray November 2, 2009 at 22:09

“There is also the distinct insinuation that they are all sterile and asexual, except for some lesbian love overtones between the two female leads.”

yup — it takes zed-the-exterminator to crash the henparty and reactivate their shared humanity, healthy feminine libido included

that sterility is reflected throughout the film, including their unisex apparel … the males of the group, like the females, wear these absurd i-dream-of-jeannie bare midriff deals, i felt embarrassed for the actors — but it played v effectively to the theme

over the past couple years netflix has allowed me to study many “lost treasures” that speak directly to guys of our place, time, and situation

little mra time-capsules flicks

i’ve written about peckinpah’s “pat garret and billy the kid” and leone’s “once upon a time in the west” from a modern masculine viewpoint

but there are other treasures out there for discovery, as boorman’s fine effort exemplifies

zed November 3, 2009 at 06:19

The film played very heavily on a lot of classic themes. One of the characters makes numerous comments about how utterly bored they are – illustrating how when survival is no longer any sort of struggle one of the major motivators and animators of humanity gets lost. They no longer have any desire at all to live – they long for death.

I won’t give away any more spoilers, because it really is a very good movie for how low-budget it was. In many ways it was a prophesy about the coming gender war, which I think is due to the fact that the issues and conflicts which underlie it are as old as time.

It’s well worth watching.

Firepower November 3, 2009 at 09:55

duh. there was a full, complete book about this like, what – 10 years ago

old news

ray November 3, 2009 at 10:37

“In many ways it was a prophesy about the coming gender war, which I think is due to the fact that the issues and conflicts which underlie it are as old as time.”

_______

exactly

one last teaser to recommend this film: at one point, a male character actually says (thru clenched teeth) “I hate all women” — and in the context of the situation, it’s quite appropriate

you won’t hear that expressed in modern films, even indirectly, and especially not from a character who isn’t considered The Bad Guy

Jack Donovan November 3, 2009 at 15:09

Firepower, thanks for mentioning a book about who knows what and not mentioning the title.

Kenneth November 11, 2009 at 19:02

Actually, the story “Light Of Other Days” and it’s subsequent sequels dealing with the creation of slow glass, are by Irish author Bob Shaw.
And supposedly, “slow glass” has a real basis in this theory…

Joel April 15, 2011 at 21:14

Actually, the vaccine-autism link has been investigated by many naturopathic doctors like Dr. Joseph Mercola and others.

The evidence is overwhelming, considering the amount of adverse vaccine reactions (including autism, SIDS and so-called Shaken Baby Syndrome) and that vaccine manufacturers have zero liability in such cases.

Talk shows like hers do tell the truth, but they use it to hide so much BS in so that the sheeple swallow everything whole.

Ditto for New Age spirituality, and lot of it is true: prayers works, if used correctly; you can use positive thinking to manifest your intentions, etc. It’s just that she uses it to help sell her brand of spirituality like her Course in Miracles where she promotes the teachings of Eckhart Tolle in her book New Earth where Oprah says:

-My mind is part of Gods, I am very holy
- My holiness is my salvation
- My salvation comes from me

and other such things. Someone once said about checking out new cults “Don’t drink the Koo-Aid.”